Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, I see how it is." Soma joked with a laugh, playing with a strand of his still damp hair. "I don't know, some people cook for a living and others just because they can. I could have cooked more, I just never thought about it." He shrugged, finally tossing his hair from his face. "Well.. I've dabbled in different things, like drawing, but it didn't hold my attention so well as music. I play guitar when I can get my hands on one. It's been years, so I'm probably pretty rusty; and piano was what I was taught growing up, so it stuck better. Have you ever tried the piano?"

"What?" Tatsuya chuckled, the smile that curved his lips brightening his entire features. As Soma continued to explain what other hobbies he had, Tatsuya set the table with all the food ready to eat and after he was finished, sat down across from the human like he had the other morning. "I've tried but... I'd much rather listen to it rather than play," he chuckled softly. "I do play the cello time from time... it may just be my favorite instrument."

"Everyone who asks me about piano says something like that," Soma said thoughtfully. "It's kinda' funny, when I think about it, how it seems more people listen to music than play it. There was something my mother always used to say, that music is one of the most relatable elements, there's always going to be someone who can appreciate and relate to a song and that's the reason why they play music on the radio. It probably sounds corny though, right?" His eyes lit up at the mention of the cello, becoming big and round; his expression was almost dreamy. "Really? The cello makes the most beautiful bass notes." He stared at Tatsuya with what might have been wonder or admiration.

Tatsuya raised a dark brow when Soma said that everybody says something like he had. But he supposed it made sense; not everybody who loved music could or would play an instrument.

His lips turned into a smile when the human told him of what his mother used to say. "No, I think it sounds... like the truth," he answered. When Soma looked at him with such an expression - wonder or dreamy or even admiration - his smiled turned into a grin. "Maybe I can play for you sometime... or maybe we can play together?" he asked before taking a bite.

"I look forward to it." Soma smiled and took a bite of his breakfast. He had only ever imagined collaborating or performing with another musician, no matter the instrument. He knew well how wonderful cellos and violins and even saxophones could sound with pianos; he had studied music, after all. The next question that came to mind was Tatsuya's house. It was a lot of house for one person or so it seemed. But he figured that he'd better not ask about his living alone for things like that were usually touchy subjects. Not to mention that it wasn't any of his business. "Do you have a favorite tune, then?"

Tatsuya smiled. He was glad Soma accepted the idea of them playing together. To be honest, he was looking quite forward to it as well. He continued to eat his breakfast before he heard the other's question. "My favorite tune, hm?" he thought for a few moments before smiling and shaking his head. "I do not know for sure. I do enjoy Cello Sonata in G minor by Chopin. Ever heard it?" he asked.

(( song:
))

Soma's brows furrowed as he thought. The name sounded quite familiar, but he wasn't sure whether or not he'd ever heard that specific tune. "I might have. The artist's name sounds familiar to me, but I can't place the song." He smiled sheepishly. He was almost embarrassed that he didn't know it, being a connoisseur of music. "I'll certainly give it a listen though when I get a chance."

Last edited:
The vampire nodded. "It's very passionate, the first song especially. Let me know what you think of if you ever do come across it."

They ate together for the next few minutes before they were both finished. "Do you need to go to work now?" he asked. "I could drive you, or you could take the car alone if you'd like."

"I will." The blonde nodded in return, finishing his food. He could tell it was about time he should be heading to work. Soma paused with his dishes in the sink, thinking on the vampire's question. "Er... considering I don't remember the last time I saw my driver's license, I'll have to trouble you some more this morning." He rubbed the back of his neck with an embarrassed smile. He couldn't suppose it mattered whether or not he knew where it was because he was certain the thing expired over a year ago. He never had use for it because he walked to work. Perhaps he could go renew it over his break that afternoon.

Last edited:
"Oh..." Tatsuya muttered before laughing some. After grabbing the keys and a coat, he offered Soma a smile. "Don't worry, you're never troublesome." He hadn't said it lightly. He truly did mean it.

"Good to know." Soma grinned, throwing on his jacket as he headed for the door. Even if he could have driven, he wouldn't feel right about taking Tatsuya's car. What if something came up that he needed to do? He would be trapped at the house. And sure it was a longer way to work from there than from his old apartment, but he would be happy to walk like always; he loved the fresh air in the morning.

Last edited:
A couple of months had passed. The unlikely pair had learned each other's personalities - at least their bases. They had grown comfortable around each other, enjoyed each other's company, and actually even played their instruments together. They shared songs, talks, laughter... it was the happiest Tatsuya had been for a very, very long time.

He had ran out of blood, though. He didn't like stealing from the hospital; they needed as much blood as they could get. But there was unfortunately hardly any animals around. Rabbits, sure. But they were too small and he'd have to drink from several to even begin feeling full. So, without any blood source he felt comfortable in taking, he was becoming starved. For the last two weeks or so, he hadn't anything to drink. And it was beginning to alter his mood, showing more and more as each day passed. He had tried really hard to restrain himself from acting so arrogantly with Soma, but it was becoming more difficult.

It hadn't seemed quite like so much time had passed, but before Soma knew it, a couple months had zipped by. He had become quite comfortable with Tatsuya, and it seemed likewise for him. They had come to know each other more than the blonde might have imagined. He rather liked having the company, and had once thought that he wasn't sure he would do so well on his own as he had before if given the chance to return to his old life. It made him realize how lonely living alone had been. He had even achieved one of his goals to becoming a professional musician by collaborating and playing together with the vampire. But things had been a bit uneasy it seemed the past couple weeks. Soma found himself more irritated than usual, especially with work; and he hardly touched his keyboard, rather he would just sit and stare at it for hours. He didn't like to admit to himself what was going on and knew he couldn't avoid it forever, but it was starting to disrupt the balance that had been created and it was putting him on the edge. However, he couldn't let it continue much longer. "Tatsuya..." Soma approached him a tad timidly "I think we need to talk.."

Tatsuya was lounging on the couch, staring blankly at the ceiling with his hands behind his head. When he heard Soma's voice, he turned his head and caught sight of him approaching. "About what?" he asked, eyes narrowing slightly. Even in his own unbalance, he had noticed the way Soma was hardly touching his keyboard. But in his own unbalance, he had hardly cared. The sound of it was surprisingly annoying him and he was just glad that the human stopped with the noise before he snapped at him.

"I've been naive to think I could just ignore it.. to try to ignore it, but I can't anymore." Soma crossed his arms over his chest, shifting his weight to one leg so that his hips were at an angle. His position wasn't meant to seem authoritative, though. It was more or less one of discomfort or unease. "You need blood don't you?" The blonde came right out with it, not wanting to beat around the bush. "So what's keeping you from mine? Wasn't that why I'm here?"

With his arms crossed and angled body position, Tatsuya sat up and watched Soma with flickering eyes, an emotion there that no one could explain, not even the vampire. At the human's question, that emotion flickered to something else - recognition, maybe? - and he looked away when asked about why he wasn't feeding on Soma.

"Why do you want to know so much?" he asked, legs pushing him off the couch even though he tried to stay.

Soma's eyes narrowed ever so slightly, his gaze on the vampire intensifying. It seemed they were both dancing on the edge, that paper-thin edge between balance and all hell breaking loose; and they were both about to go over. Somehow, the blonde managed to stand his ground as Tatsuya stood, though his first instinct was to move away from him. It wasn't because he was a vampire either, but because of something that he had dealt with earlier on in his life - the reason he had moved to that town and lived on his own in the first place. He had learned to keep a distance from others when tension was on the rise and he was throwing that out the window if just this once. "You ever been held at gunpoint, just waiting for the person on the other end to blow you away? It keeps you on edge. We're on the edge, now. The only question is.. whether or not the bullet's going to push us over." It might have been an obscure metaphor, but Soma felt he got his point across.

Last edited:
"Tch..." Tatsuya looked to Soma out of the corner of his eyes as he crossed his own arms. "You're not a blood bag, I don't know why you're trying so hard to be," he said, fully meeting contact with the human's eyes now. Why would any human want to be drunk out of by a vampire? It didn't make sense to Tatsuya. He knew that sometimes there were humans who found pleasure in the pain of being bitten, and that vampires could offer only a high pleasure if they so desired, but... as far as he knew, Soma had never experienced a vampire's bite.

"I'll be fine, just give me some room to breathe."

"Because your irritability is making me irritable." Soma thought to himself, heaving a quiet sigh. He wouldn't say that, at least not as long as he had a grip on his temper. "I'm not, but..." He started, but closed his mouth. Talking back only made things worse, then again he wasn't sure how well walking out would do either. Turning, he exited the room, going right to the front door where he stepped into his shoes and threw on his jacket. "You can have all the room you want." He muttered to himself, unaware entirely of exactly what it was he was doing or the spite in his words. It was an automatic reaction. Soma didn't want to be there when shit really hit the fan. He knew too well how those things went, and so chose to leave before it happened. Closing the door behind him, he made his way down the drive and to the main road to take a walk. Maybe fresh air would do him some good?

Tatsuya waited for more of an answer but the pause was too long. Suddenly, Soma was dressing himself and moving to the entrance of the house. At his parting words and the sound of the door resonating throughout the house, the vampire's arms dropped to his sides as he stared at the door. Strangely but surely, a his chest automatically ached in places, changing areas sporadically with pangs before connecting like nerves and making his entire chest ache, the pain traveling up his neck and into his head to leave it feeling tingly.

'Move your damn legs!' His mind screamed at him internally. But he wouldn't budge. He couldn't, and he had no idea why. It seemed like he stared at the door for forever before he finally moved. But it wasn't to find Soma. Whatever drove his body led him to his room where he angrily knocked over and punched a few things before collapsing onto his bed. What had he just done? He drove out the only person he's been mainly concerned about, mainly cared for in the last... who knows how long? He pinched the bridge of his noise as he sighed. He couldn't help but think that maybe this was an opportunity Soma hadn't realized he was looking for to escape Tatsuya. And that he would take it and that would be that. Maybe he should just stick to a pet or something... no more humans. Not even vampires. He laughed bitterly in spite of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.