Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma didn't look back as he got in the car, not bothering to even look out the window. He kept his eyes on the road in front of them. "Not particularly. I'm good unless there was someplace else you had in mind?" The blonde said simply and smiled. He was rather at peace now that things were settled here.

"No..." he answered, starting to pull out of the driveway now. "Home it is then." They drove back to house and unloaded the things. They found room for most of Soma's things and changed others so all would be well. When they finally finished, it was in the afternoon and the vampire found himself a bit hungry. He hadn't drank for the last few days and frankly, having a human in the same house as you wasn't the best idea when you're in that particular state.

"Mm... I will be out for a little while. Will you be okay here by yourself?" he asked, not giving an explanation to where he was going.

The drive back felt less awkward than the drive there. It was easy enough to unload and find a place to put the things. By the time they were done, the sun was in the middle of the sky. Soma sat down to look through a box when he was asked if he would be okay on his own. The blonde was a tad shocked that Tatsuya was going out despite he said there was nowhere he wanted to go on the way home. Then, perhaps he just wanted to go alone. "Er.. Yeah, I'll be fine." He returned his attention to the box. He wouldn't ask where Tatsuya was going, for from the way he said he was leaving, it seemed he didn't intend for him to know.

Soma was a bit easy to read. "Sorry, I should have gone when we were already out but... I just remembered I had to do something. I'll be back within an hour at the most," he said and then waved before leaving. He started the car and disappeared down the path and back into the city. He went to the closest hospital and stole about four bags of blood bags before leaving. He argued with himself about whether or not to drink one now or at the house, but ended up stopping in a secluded area and drinking one and throwing the emptied back in a trashcan. He was back at the house within an hour, just as he had told Soma.

"I'm back," he called after shutting the door.

"It's fine. Everyone has personal business to attend to." Soma smiled over his shoulder and gave a small wave as the vampire took his leave. Truthfully, the boy didn't know why he'd reacted the way he did. He listened for the door to close before he proceeded to put things away. His clothes occupied but a small section of the closet. The piano and his music he moved to the recreation area, so his making noise wasn't in the main part of the house. The small things were organized and kept in one box that he put off in a corner out of the way. Without many things, it didn't take him much time to do. He had been in the other room with his keyboard when Tatsuya returned. "That was quick." Soma said as he entered the living room. He hadn't given much thought to time, but knew it couldn't have been much longer than Tatsuya had said.

Tatsuya wouldn't say anything, but it seemed that the vampire was more lively and in a better mood. He smiled at Soma. "Yeah. See, I told you? Are you hungry?" he asked. He didn't really know what else to do. He wasn't all that good with other people.

Soma leaned in the doorway, his arms crossed over his slim chest. A smile pulled at the corner of his lips as he observed the vampire. He seemed to be more chipper than he had that morning though he wouldn't ask why. In the back of his mind, he knew. "Just a little." He admitted, standing up off the doorway and turning to go back to the keyboard. "I put it off to work for a while." The keyboard was low to the floor so he could sit on the floor in front of it and scatter his papers about. The photo he had in his pocket was stuck just behind the keys. Soma plopped down in front of the keyboard, picking up a piece of paper to study it before he started playing.

Tatsuya was about to suggest for Soma to play, but it was like he had read his mind and started playing on his own. He moved to the kitchen and figured something simple would do, like a sandwich or something along those lines. He did get distracted at first, Soma's playing beautiful. But he finished the sandwich before saying anything, setting it down next to the other male since he was still playing and he didn't want to interrupt. "You're quite skilled," he complimented now, looking at him thoughtfully.

It was easy for Soma to become engrossed in his music, his fingers all over the keyboard and his eyes darting from paper to paper. He would pause every so often to think about what he just played, and if he didn't like its sound, he would change the music on the paper. After a minute or two he picked up the sandwich and took a bite. "Thank you," He said after he swallowed. "Just imagine what it would sound like on a grand piano." The blonde enthused and quickly finished his lunch. "But it's not done just yet. It's going to be a long work in progress. Got any requests?" Soma blinked up at Tatsuya. He didn't mind playing something for him.

Imagine what the piece sounded like indeed. Tatsuya could almost hear the notes and picked the plate off from the floor as soon as Soma finished. He smiled down at him, thinking about what his request might be before he left to rinse the plate off. "Play more of your work. I'd like to hear it, if you don't mind," he called from the kitchen. Soon he was back though, laying on couch and waiting for the human to start playing.

Soma didn't say a word, but rather let his fingers do the talking. He took to the keys again, picking up a slow even rhythm. The notes were high with low almost undulating undertones. It was a sad sound, but a peaceful one. It would pick up around the middle and take up a more dramatic sound before calming and coming to a sweet close. The blonde picked up a paper, scanned it over, and made some marks to it and a few others. He played it again to get a better feel for it. After long, he flopped back on the floor with a sigh. "I lied. It's not really a long work in progress. I think it's done, I can't think of anything else to do to it."

Tatsuya found himself drifting into light sleep as Soma began playing. It was such a sad song but at the same time, it was peaceful and very lovely. The dramatic part of it stirred the vampire but he didn't completely wake up, eyes closed and breath even as heard Soma's voice.

"Mm, I think it's perfect," he said quietly, drifting off into complete sleep then. He couldn't help it. He was full, it was midday, and he was a vampire. And he also... really liked to nap when he could.

"Perhaps... it is.." Soma murmured, yawning in the middle of his sentence. He didn't mean to get tired, especially not in the middle of the day, but it was hard not to doze off. The sun was warm through the window, it was quiet, and even on the floor Soma was comfortable. He laced his fingers behind his head and closed his eyes, unaware that he actually fell asleep. It wouldn't surprise him though; he could go to sleep anywhere he could get comfortable.

Tatsuya woke with a start a moment later. He didn't know why and he was a little agitated at the fact before he looked down and saw Soma sleeping on the floor. He chuckled quietly, watching the man in his peaceful sleep for a few moments before carefully lifting him up onto the couch and wrapping his arm around him as if to keep him safe from any harm's way. Then he fell asleep once more.

There was no certainty of how much time had passed, of how long he'd been asleep, but Soma knew that it must have been a while if his body was forcing him awake. "Hm.. I should probably get up... Lord knows what time it is.." Soma's thoughts began to stir. He blinked, straining to see due to the room being dark. He frowned at the feeling of softness beneath him and brushed his hand over the couch cushion. "When did I get up h--" His train of thought broke as he realized that he was not the only one there. Looking up, there was Tatsuya, his arm around him. Soma's cheeks flushed pink and he carefully slid off the sofa, exiting the room to go to the kitchen to see what time it was. It was almost midnight. "Might as well go back to sleep. I'll have to be up in a few hours." Heaving a sigh, he went up to bed.

Tatsuya hadn't meant to sleep the day away. He really hadn't. But there was some sort of comfort in sleeping next to somebody, next to Soma that the vampire hadn't felt in a long time. It was like it had coaxed him into a deeper sleep than he realized and he only woke when it was after midnight, around one in the morning. That warmth and comfort that had put him at ease was gone and he almost immediately noticed that the human wasn't in his arms anymore. He blinked, looking around before going up the stairs to see if maybe he had gone to bed.

And yes, there he was. Tatsuya looked at him for a few moments, debating whether or not to climb in next to him. No, he probably shouldn't. Soma had probably gotten weirded out, right? With one last glance, the vampire went back downstairs. He didn't go back to sleep though, no. He actually found himself reading over the human's many papers with music notes on them. But soon he realized what time it was and figured he could maybe make Soma breakfast again before he had to go to work. So as the sky gradually became lighter and stars and moon began to fade, Tatsuya worked in the kitchen.

As the sun rose so did Soma though it was still somewhat dark. His eyes opened to an empty place in bed next to him and he gazed, eyes half-lidded, at it for a long moment before it clicked in his groggy mind that Tatsuya wasn't there. He was still so used to sleeping, and not to mention waking up, in bed alone. The blonde enacted his usual morning routine that he had adopted when he started working and that which had become almost second nature to him. He headed straight for the shower and got dressed for work before heading downstairs. This was about the time when he went to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, instead going to the kitchen to find Tatsuya up and about. "Oh, you're up. I thought maybe you were still on the couch." Soma said as he stretched.

Tatsuya had heard the shower start and smiled a bit to himself. He mentally noted that this was the time Soma got up and he hoped to be able to make him a good breakfast everyday before he went to work. As the human appeared in the kitchen, Tatsuya shook his head. "Nah. I thought I could make you breakfast before you start your day," he said with a small smile. "I'm almost done, too, so you can go ahead and wait at the table if you want."

Soma blinked, a half smile brightening his tired expression. He moved to the table and sat down, resting his head on his hand. Breakfast before work wasn't what he was used to, but it certainly couldn't be a bad change. He watched the vampire contentedly. "Do you like to cook?" He asked. It had occurred to him that he didn't know much about Tatsuya, that they didn't know much about each other. It couldn't hurt to ask a question or two.

"... Yeah, I suppose so," Tatsuya answered as he smiled a little. "I probably do it more than I should, even before you came along, so..." He turned the stove off and readied the plates and utensils. "What about you? Have anything else other than piano?" It didn't seem like it but that could only be because of how empowering Soma's passion was.

Status
Not open for further replies.