Cold Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't really get what the Commissioner sees in him. I don't really get what mom ever saw in him." Soma commented, more or less to himself. He wouldn't pursue the subject any further; it seemed only to ask for trouble if he did. With a glance over his shoulder, he let it go altogether and changed the subject. "With all the legal business settled, we can head home." It was a bit random to say aloud, so casually. But Soma was antsy, anxious to get out of Belmont. Of course he loved seeing his grandparents, but Belmont had long since lost a great deal of its happy significance for Soma and after so long of being gone, he felt like he didn't quite belong anymore.

Tatsuya thought over Soma's first comment about his mom and the Commissioner seeing things in his dad that Soma didn't. People were good at disguising themselves for so long; they let sides of themselves not be seen in order to get what they want. The vampire might have said this to his human boyfriend, but Soma was already moving on to a different subject and Tatsu took that as a let's-not-talk-about-this-anymore kind of thing.

"You don't want to stay another day or anything?" the white-haired male asked. He just wanted to be sure. He didn't mind staying if Soma wanted to spend more time with his grandparents, and more especially his grandfather.

Soma winced at Tatsuya's question. Of course, he wanted to stay, but there was a feeling about it that was difficult for him to explain. "I do, but..." He paused, trying to find the right words. "I get all these smiles and waves from people, and I'm sure they're sincerely meant, but I don't feel welcome here. Belmont's not home anymore. It'll always be part of me, but I don't feel like I'm part of it. It's all so... foreign." The blonde did his best to explain his feelings, his wanting to leave. "Maybe just one day more." One day would give him enough time to tell his grandparents he was leaving, and the majority of that day would be spent in his grandfather's company. When he wasn't with his grandfather, he was in his mother's old bedroom. He'd put off going in there as long as he could, but found himself standing before the fireplace in her room, staring up at the mantlepiece above which her portrait hung. There sat a tall, beautifully painted urn surrounded by picture frames with photos of her. In a vase, there were some fresh roses. "I'm sorry I didn't come visit you sooner." Soma said up to the portrait that seemed to smile down at him.

Tatsu caught that wince and almost regretted asking, but he did want to know what Soma was thinking and why he wanted to leave. As he listened, the vampire's face softened and rubbed Soma's arm comfortingly, not saying anything because he knew just that would be a satisfying enough answer for the human.

The couple did decide to spend one more day in Belmont. Soma spent most of it with his grandfather and then finally in his mother's old room. Tatsu wondered if he should go with him, but he decided against it since he figured the blonde male needed some private time. If the human wanted the vampire, all he had to do was call.

Soma was anxious to leave and he didn't do a very good job at hiding it. He avoided the majority of the household in his mother's old room, reading her musical pieces and diaries. At dinner, he could hardly look his grandparents in the eyes and was very careful in how he worded it when he finally was able to tell them that he was leaving. Of course, he didn't tell them his exact reason for leaving, rather that he had a job to get back to. He didn't say whether or not he would come back any time soon for certain, just that he would be back again. That night was mostly sleepless, the only comfort he found was having Tatsuya there with him. He wasn't completely relaxed until they arrived home. "Was it terrible of me? To leave like that?"

Tatsuya knew how hard it was for his boyfriend to keep his cool and not act excited about leaving. The vampire helped in what ways he could, but when they were finally out the door the next day, Soma seemed more relaxed during the drive home and Tatsuya knew it had been the right thing to do. As they arrived home, the taller male turned the engine off before looking to his boyfriend. He smiled softly, reassuringly. "No, I don't think so. You're grandparents must know how tough it was for you, so I'm sure they understand. And besides, you were with them for a whole week. I think that was a better visit than they could've hoped for."

"Yeah, you're right." Soma agreed, throwing his worries away. They were finally home after a long week away, there was no reason to worry. There was a sense of peace about him, knowing he'd settled things with his grandparents. There was also perhaps an eagerness to get back to work. Soma wasn't the type who liked spending a great deal of time doing nothing, he had to be busy with something, be it work or his music. He started back to work as soon as he could; and his coworkers were happy to have him back, as he was just in time to help plan Blue Moon's holiday party. He'd nearly forgotten what time of year it was.

Last edited:
Tatsuya was happy that Soma - that the both of them had gone to Belmont. While they figured out they had actually already met, Soma had settled things with his grandparents after so many years and there was a peace about him that the vampire could sense easily. When they got home, it didn't take very long at all for the human to begin working again. Tatsuya busied himself with cleaning around the house, though there was really not much to do considering how it was usually pretty clean.

(( What time of year is it...? ))

While he didn't make the feeling known, Soma felt a tad guilty about running off to work so soon after returning from Belmont. He didn't want to leave Tatsuya alone at the house, but he had had enough of doing nothing, of relaxing. He had a whole week of that. He also didn't want to particularly partake in the cafe's upcoming holiday festivity or the gruesome planning that went into it all. But there was a thought at the back of his mind that maybe, just maybe, Tatsuya might like to attend it. It was approaching fast, and soon enough, it was right upon them. "Um.. Tatsuya, I wondered if maybe.. You don't have to, but if you want to... Blue Moon's hosting a party. I'll have to work at my normal time, but if you wanted to stop by in the afternoon, I shouldn't be too busy." He didn't know how to ask exactly, but he gave it a shot.

((Well, we started at the beginning of autumn, and it's been a few months, so I imagine it's getting close to Christmas.))

(( Ahh, okay. Thank you lol ))

Cleaning the house wasn't much of a task in the weeks that passed. The vampire also busied himself with missing his mate while he was off at work, sometimes sulking and being overly dramatic when the human finally returned home after a dreadfully long day (to Tatsuya), though it was only teasing and poking fun. He was actually glad Soma kept himself busy; it was probably good for him. And Tatsu also got some business of his own done as well.

As they sat at home around the holidays, a light snow sheeting the outside environment, the vampire looked up to his boyfriend when addressed. A grin slowly worked his lips. "I'll be there," he answered. He didn't know if Soma even really wanted to be there, but he was asking and Tatsu was happy to oblige. Besides, he had stopped in to visit Soma at work a couple times during the last few weeks, so it would be good to do that again.

"Great." Soma smiled, happy that Tatsuya agreed to attend. His coworkers were happy, too, that they finally got to meet the vampire. Soma had been surprised that his boyfriend stopped in at his work. Then, he supposed he shouldn't be after the sulky or dramatic greetings he'd been receiving upon his arrival home from his job. Soma wondered if Tatsuya wasn't lonely with him being gone all day. The afternoon of the event was a busy one, spent mostly by making the last little preparations for the party.

((Heck, it could even be New Year's..))

(( Ooh, yes, can we change it to that? :D ))

When it was time for the party, the vampire made sure he looked spiffy and presentable in his black suit before he left the house. It had snowed just earlier in the day, but it was hardly sticking so most snow that was left was just slush. It didn't matter much to Tatsuya, though, as his mind was focused on Soma and the party.

He arrived at Blue Moon within some time, not exactly early in the afternoon as his boyfriend had wanted, but not late either. As he stepped in, his eyes scanned for that head full of blond hair.

There was much hustle and bustle about Blue Moon. Many frequent and regular customers stopped in to enjoy the festivities and wish their friends that worked there good wishes for the holiday including some of the employees' family members. There were heaped on two tables a haphazard number of things brought in to eat, mostly sweets such as cookies and cakes, pies and pastries whose names were difficult to pronounce. There was still food being served, of course, and drinks were available at the bar. Everyone was dressed nicely, especially those who worked at Blue Moon. The girls were allowed to wear dresses if they wished; the boys wore slacks and button-downs and ties that were just a bit dressier than their typical work clothes, and cleaner. Soma stood at the bar amongst his coworkers, chatting with them and anyone else who came to join the conversation. Since noon he'd kept watch of the door, wondering when Tatsuya would arrive. His coworkers had met him the few times he stopped in while Soma was working, and were all too happy to hear that he'd be there. "I don't understand your interest in my personal life." He rolled his eyes at them, turning at just the right moment to see his boyfriend walk in the door. He excused himself from the group to meet him. "Right on time."

((Edit: lol, sorry I forgot this part. Yes, we can change it. =3))

Last edited:
When Soma approached and greeted him, the vampire smiled, genuinely happy to see him as he always was. "Hey. This place is looking pretty busy. You look nice though," he said as he leaned in to give the human a peck on the cheek. He didn't mind if the gesture was appropriate or not here, but if it wasn't then all Soma had to do was tell him so.

"Yeah, I didn't expect it would be so busy today." Soma gave a sheepish smile and shrugged. He hadn't been sure of asking Tatsuya if he wanted to attend because of all the people. But here he was, so he would make the best of it. He blushed a bit at the kiss, but said nothing of it. "Want anything to drink?" Soma asked, leading his boyfriend to the bar.

Tatsuya shrugged. "Well, it is New Year's. A great excuse to drink all day and night," he pointed out with a chuckle. He followed Soma along and sat down on one of the stools, his long hair tied back in a ponytail. "Sure. Surprise me, though."

"I guess so." Soma laughed, going around behind the bar. "But to have so much business in one day is unexpected, even on a holiday." He stared at the crowd a moment before grabbing bottles and mixing Tatsuya's drink. He slid the glass across the bar a moment later and leaned over the counter.

"I suppose that's true. I don't recall ever seeing the place so crowded," the vampire agreed as he took another look around. When Soma slid his drink across the counter, he smiled and cheered towards him before taking a good sip. "Thank you," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.