Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
He frowned, staring at his phone. He'd given in to the cramps in his stomach and was currently demolishing a pizza. He still hadn't heard from Aolin, and he was starting to worry. She hadn't as much as texted him to say that she was going to be late, or that she'd changed her mind and was going to stay at her own place. He finished off his own pizza and sighed. He didn't even have any work to finish. He'd mixed all the pieces he was assigned, and had even mixed some of the tracks that a friend had asked him to do as a favour.

He tried calling her again, and decided to leave a voicemail. "Hey, Aolin, it's me. Alex. Just... making sure you're okay, I suppose. There's a pizza here for you, but I could still end up eating it. Just let me know what you're doing, okay?" He hung up and stretched out on the couch. He could feel the panic starting to get in. He stood up and took another pill, wanting to be calm for when she came back.

But it didn't relax him any more. Rather, it drew the feeling out of him, making him feel cold and numb. He found himself wandering around the apartment, turning on every single light. The demons can't get in if the lights are on...

He went to bed, feeling numb, and took another sleeping pill. All of the lights were still on. But even with the sleeping pill, he felt uneasy as he fell asleep. Like something was wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
Aolin's body was laying on the floor, passed out and covered half in her blood due the deep penetration of the blade at her wrists.
She was like in a trance, everything was pitch black around her and could hear some white noises in her mind. It was the worst type of feeling.
As if she was dead..

I don't know where I am..Did I died? I.. Can't tell. I never have died and come back to life.. This is so strange. Everything seems so dark in here..
Mom is that you ? Mommy!!

Aolin was far off in a world of dark dreams, trying to fight her own demons in that moment. Not knowing actually she had lost blood and her body laying in her apartment.
Her life was almost over..

Alex's eyes snapped open. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. He had no clue what time it was but he knew that this couldn't wait until morning. He remembered Aolin telling him where she lived at the dinner table. He swung his legs out of bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a baggy hoodie. He shoved his phone in one pocket and his anxiety meds in the other, before grabbing his keys and leaving the house.

He flagged down a taxi and told the driver the address, climbing into the backseat. He tried ringing her again, but to no avail. He threw the driver a ten dollar note as he scrambled from the car. She'd told him it was the second floor apartment, and he flew up the stairs. His heart almost stopped as he saw the eviction notice. He pounded on the door. "Aolin!" He yelled. He couldn't even hear anything from within the apartment. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong. He took a step back and slammed his foot into the door, swinging it open. He ran in.

First thing he saw was her on the floor.
Next thing he noticed was the blood on her arms. "AOLIN!" He yelled falling to his knees beside her. He could feel the hysteria rising in his chest as he pulled out his phone, dialing 911.

911, what's your emergency?

He swallowed. "My girlfriend is bleeding out, there are cuts on her arms and there's blood everywhere."

Was she attacked? Is there anyone else in the apartment, sir?

"No, no, I don't think so, the door was locked, I had to kick it in to get in."

What's your name?

"Alex."

Okay, Alex, there's an ambulance on the way. I want you to put me on the speaker, okay?

"Yeah, okay."

Now, have you got something you can use to put pressure on the cuts?

Instinct kicked in and he pulled off his hoodie and then his shirt, finding the blood covered knife and tearing it in two.

"Yeah."

Put as much pressure as you can on the cuts, and hold it until the paramedics come. Are you okay, Alex?

He was hyperventilating slightly, trying to regulate his breathing.

"Yeah."

Okay, the paramedics are almost there. Alex, I want you to try and put pressure on both arms with one hand, and check for a pulse with the other.

He swallowed, and pulled one arm over her body, pressing down on both of them with his left hand, putting his right to her neck. He relaxed as he felt a pulse beating. It was weak, but there.

"Yeah, she has a pulse."

Okay, Alex. The paramedics will be there in a minute or two. Keep putting pressure on the wounds, okay? I'm going to hang up.

"Thank you."

The paramedics rushed in barely a minute later. One took over Alex's role of pressure, and Alex sat back, trying to calm his breathing down. They were putting her onto a board and getting ready to move her, still putting pressure on the wounds. He was trying to hide his hyperventilating, but was failing. They started moving her downstairs, and Alex pulled on his hoodie, following them. Her blood was all over his hands.

One of the paramedics looked at him as they reached the ambulance. "Are you one of her friends?" He asked. Alex shook his head, then nodded. "I'm her boyfriend." The paramedic took one look at him, taking in how he was struggling for breath, and let him in. "Your name is Alex, right?" He nodded. "Okay Alex, deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Have you had a panic attack before?" He asked, still keeping pressure on her wounds. He nodded. "Regularly." He managed to get out. The paramedic frowned. "Panic disorder?" Alex nodded, vaguely remembering the therapist telling him that. "Okay, Alex. Just keep taking deep breaths. She's in safe hands. We can look after her. You did the right thing, okay? This isn't your fault." Alex allowed himself to lean forward and put his head between his knees, taking deep breaths. After a while, his breathing became even again. "Good. Both of you are going to be okay, alright?" He nodded.

They went into the emergency room. The paramedic mentioned something to one of the nurses, and they came over and let him to a cubicle. "Frank told me you have panic disorder. We're just going to look you over, okay? Make sure nothing else is wrong."

The nurse examined him. She frowned, folding her arms. "Are you unwell, Alex?" He stared at the floor. "Because you're very pale, and it looks like you haven't slept in about a week." He looked up at her. "Say there's this guy who's an addict. Anxiety medication and sleeping pills. He accidentally took too many pills a day or two ago, but threw them all up. He wants to get clean, but doesn't want his girlfriend finding out about his addiction because she's got a lot of problems as well. What would you advise him?" She frowned, folding her arms. "Would this person like me to keep this entirely confidential and strictly between us?" He nodded.

"Well, the overdose took it's toll on his body, but he'll be fine in a day or two as long as he takes it easy. I'd tell him that a support group would be a good idea. And seeing as this person also has panic disorder, I'd recommend going back to his therapist. But as this is off the record, this is just advice, and I can't refer you." He nodded. "Can I see her now?" The nurse nodded. "I'll go see if she's out of surgery."

As soon as she was, he went to her room and took her hand. He wasn't tired any more. He'd found a few booklets on different things. One was on addiction, but he had a few others to make it look like he had just picked up random ones to read. He kept a hold on her hand as he read, waiting for her to wake up.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Silence surrounded her mind.
Her body on a soft material and a unfamiliar smell made her aware and so fluttered her eyes slowly.
Aolin was beyond dizzy, trying to figure it out where she was or how she got there in the first place.

Her eyes gaze at Alex, which had his hand on top of hers. Aolin couldn't speak feeling this nod inside her throat, just squeezing his hand trying to smile.
The room was white and smelled funny for her, before she knew it Aolin turned quickly on the other side of the bed and threw up on the floor. Coughing in the process, gulping for air and managed to calm her heart beats but yet again, her body's didn't agree with her at all.

She pukes again, coughing badly with her hand holding the bed sheets and with some of her hair over her face.
It was awful.

• Love
Reactions: PlayingMonster
He smiled gently as she opened her eyes. He felt her squeeze his hand and returned it, gently stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. Before he could say anything though, she leaned over the other side of her bed and threw up. He jumped up, holding her hair back and rubbing her back gently. "Can I get some help in here?" He yelled. A nurse, a different one to the one who had checked him over came in and helped Aolin lie back down. "Your body's probably just in shock. Take it easy. I'll tell the doctor you're awake." The nurse told her gently, handing her a kidney dish in case she threw up again. Alex sat back down, taking her hand again.

"I know I frightened you, but getting me back like that was unnecessary." He told her jokingly. There was a drip in the back of her hand, but he stroked it with her thumb as much as he could. The grin didn't last. "Aolin, why? I don't understand." He asked softly.

• Love
Aolin forced a smile on her face, not know exactly what to say to him.
How could she explain him about her boss, the warrant and all she wanted was to feel a bit of pain?
Heck no.

Aolin wiped her mouth, putting aside the metal thing on the table and turn her tired eyes at him.

" All I can say is that.. I do that sometimes. To take my anger out..
To make me Feel Alive.
Is a thing that I don't expect you to understand..
I told you before I am beyond broken.. Uhmm this is a part of me that I don't think I can stop.
To many things has happened and at times like this .. I just want to feel the pain. Rather than feeling nothing at all..
The rush of the blood makes me love life more."

Then she turn her eyes to look away in shame, feeling guilty for some reason. Her fingers wanted to slide away from his grip.. But she felt weak.
Stupid girl..

• Love
He ran his thumb across her hand, before pressing it gently to his lips. Suddenly, he wanted to tell her everything. But that wouldn't help her at all, so he simply held her hand. "You don't have to any more. I'm going to help you stop this, okay?" Because the only time he'd been more afraid was when he'd heard the yelling that accompanied the arrival of the cops, and he had thought that he was going to die.

Two men arrived at the door. They were clearly the doctors, so he stood up, kissing her gently on the cheek. "I'm going to go get some coffee. I'll be back in a few minutes." As he left, he heard one introduce himself as the psychiatrist. He slid the addiction booklet into his pocket as he headed for the coffee shop. He had a few dollars left in his pocket, and bought himself a coffee. He would have bought Aolin one, but wasn't sure if she was allowed, and buying another coffee would have meant that he mightn't have been able to afford a taxi home.

He popped out an anxiety pill and took it with a mouthful of coffee. He was scared of it making him feel numb again, but he was terrified of another panic attack. So he swallowed it and allowed it to kick in, washing it down with another mouthful of coffee. The sleeping pills made him relax. Sometimes the anxiety pills did the same, but only if he took them before he was anxious. And he slowly felt the anxiety melt away into a horrible pit of nothing.

But it was better than not being able to breathe...

Right?

• Love
Aolin covered her ears as the people spoke before her eyes. She definitely didn't want to hear their bullash!t at a time like that.

Deep inside her mind, Aolin knew she needed only one medicine and it was a person. Not therapy or some tablets.
She did realised that Alex was her drug, even if it took her some time, the realisation hit her hard like a hammer.

However, she did listen to the doctor and let him to examination her body. Still some pain at her wrists, big bruises appeared and she knew it was from her manager.

Aolin couldn't quite explain to Alex what has happened after All, it was not fair towards him.
The doctor decided she will be left to go home tomorrow.
So, they soon left the room after they took another sample of her blood and went to the laboratory.

Aolin sighed deeply, rolling to the other side of the bed and let the tears to roll down her face. Her teeth sank into the pillow bitting it hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
He headed back towards her room, sipping his coffee as he walked. The panic was gone but the feeling of numbness was awful. He usually never felt like this- but usually he took his pills as a precautionary measure. No, as a fix. But now when he was taking them when he really needed them, they weren't working the same. His addiction was slowly making everything worse.

He went into her room and put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey. Hey. Listen to me, we're going to be alright. The doctor told me that you're going to make a full recovery with a little counselling, and they can't even make you go to them. A nurse looked me over and we're fine. We're both alive and probably not going to die any time in the near future. We can work everything else out. I saw the eviction notice before I... uh, kicked in your door, but you can stay at mine. I don't care, honestly." He rubbed her arm gently, squatting down in front of her and running his hand over her hair. "Everything's going to be okay. Promise."

Reactions: PureKor
Her sobbing was the only sound in the room, before he came back. Even then, Aolin let the tears to fill her eyes as now her cheeks were wet. His voice was rather comforting.

Aolin took a deep breath, sensing her throat very dry, so she coughed a few times before her voice came out.

"I.. I don't know what to say anymore.
Still, how do I know you're not gonna leave me like the rest ?
Everyone said they will be there for me but they disappeared..
And it hurt.. Really hurt badly.."

She said to Alex now trying to look at him, with a blurred vision from the upcoming tears as her hands now pulled him closer and she cried at his chest.

Aolin felt weak and useless in that moment. All she ever wanted was someone to love her for her, not empty words and promises.
How could she regain the trust in others after all that happened?

And how the heck she will survive this world with no money?
Definitely she didn't want to go back at the pub with that horrible manager.
She would rather die before she steps back there again.
Only if it was a way to tell him..

• Love
He pulled her in as she cried, climbing onto the bed beside her and pulling her into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, gently rocking her as she sobbed. "Aolin... I'm not going anywhere. Because honestly I need you as much as you need me. You had no idea how scared I was when I found you. The thoughts of losing you terrified me to the core. I have friends, but I couldn't call them at one AM when I've taken too many pills. There's nobody like you. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here. And I'm as terrified about losing you as you are about leaving me. I promise."

• Love
Aolin let all her anger and frustration to leave her mind. Gripping tighter at his shirt. Her face basically buried there.
Her breathing was still very strong and heavy, after some time she seemed to finally calm down.

" I want to trust you.. And I don't want to loose you either..
I am to afraid to live in this world all alone.
I can't stand that."

Aolin replied to him between the sobs a shaking voice, using her right hand to wipe her face, yet not letting him go just yet.
She had pain at her hands, the loud pounding inside her head didn't have her peace but she didn't care much.

She had him and that's all that mattered after all.
Her feelings will soon reach him.
It was just a matter of time.

• Love
He kept her close, pulling her in. "I don't want to be alone either. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to leave you alone. Promise." He kissed the top of her head gently and stroking her hair.

"Just promise me that you're going to look after yourself, okay? No more cuts. I'm going to do my best to make sure you feel like you don't have to. Promise."

• Love
Aolin smiled at his words , and simply let herself to sink into him and inhale the air.
Everything else begun to seem clearer at that time. Only if she would know how to stop doing her obsessive stuff.

" I will try.. I can't promise 100% just yet.. It's been going on for a while now.
But for you, I'll try my best.
Only if you promise to not to take anymore tablets.."

Aolin wiped her face, gulping the nod at her throat and finally rise her face to look at Alex. Her eyes searching something.
Behind his eyes she could tell it was sadness mixed with something else..

Then, slowly Aolin reached behind his head with her right hand only to pull him closer and pressed her soft lips against his.
Sweet. Bitter.
Taste..

• Love
No. She couldn't know. She was talking about the overdose. She didn't know about the box of pills in his hoodie pocket, and about how he couldn't leave the house without them. She couldn't know. He nodded, his throat feeling dry. "I will try my hardest not to take too many pills again." He told her, and she pulled him in for a kiss. And it was like a fire, burning away everything he felt. He had just pulled away, leaning his forehead to hers, when a nurse kindly, but sternly, told him that as he wasn't family, he had to go home now. "I'll come pick you up tomorrow. Promise. Call me when you're ready to come home."

He slept without having to take another pill, but still being able to taste her on his lips.

• Love
Aolin kissed his cheek before he left home, letting her eyes to close and fall into a deep sleep.
She couldn't wait to go home already, well his home anyways.

Also in deep thoughts for what job she should search for, money was always an strong issue for her.
Could not afford to live in a world where she'd had to borrow money all the time.

She needed her independence.
Her own space.

The night passed smoothly, without no particular problems as the morning came , Aolin was already dressed and signing the discharging papers in the hallway.
Slowly she managed to type a text to Alex so he would come for her.
Taking a seat in the hallway , Aolin rubbed her sleepy face and give a squeeze to the bag of medicines while waiting.

Her eyes towards the main door.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
He woke up, feeling alone for the first time since he'd met her. He swallowed an anxiety pill and smiled as the familiar sense of calm washed through him. He made himself a cinnamon and raisin bagel and ate it while working on a few more samples that somebody had emailed him, offering to pay him. He was checking his phone when it rang. It was the record company that his name had been passed onto. "Hello? Yeah, I can come in for an interview. When? What, this morning? Yeah, sure. I can be there in twenty minutes. Thank you!" He hang up and bolted up, grabbing a shirt and trousers from his cupboard and pulling them on. He decided against a tie and bolted downstairs, running a hand through his hair as he climbed into the taxi.

It was as he left the interview, feeling good, that he got the text from Aolin. He climbed into the taxi again and went to the hospital, heading into the corridor and finding her. He grinned, spreading his arms out for her to step into them.

• Love
A bright and honest smile formed at her expression, when she saw him coming towards her.
Aolin stood up slowly but almost jumped of joy, in a tight embrace for seeing Alex.
It felt like ages.

" I am so glad you're here..
Please take me away from this horrible smell..
Let's go home."

Aoling whispered at his ear and kissing his cheek, she allowed her hand to take his before they started to walk outside the hospital.
The fresh air hit her like a strong wave, enjoying the moment by inhaling deep into her lungs.
As that happen, Aolin soon opened her eyes and went inside the taxi along with Alex.
As all the way, she didn't let go of his hand. Still, she hoped that he won't ask for the scar at her lower lip nor the bruises at her hands.
Somehow, she was feeling guilty ..

" I need to take some stuff from my place first.. Then we can go at yours. If that's alright.."

With a light squeeze at his hand, letting her head to fall at his shoulder.

• Love
He nodded, telling the driver her address. He ran his thumb across her hand lazily as they drove. "Oh, I had a job interview! Hence the shirt and such. There's a record company in the city, and one of my lecturers passed on my name because they were looking for students to train up and employ once they finish their degree. So, I went for the interview, and I think it went well. I should hear either today or tomorrow if I've got it." He grinned at her. So many things were starting to shape up for him.

They pulled up outside her apartment, and he pulled her out, still clutching her hand. A chill ran down his spine as he remembered sprinting up the stairs, knowing that something was wrong. He squeezed her hand as they headed up. He grinned at her apologetically at the sight of the door, burst open. "Yeah... I might have kicked it open."

• Love
Aolin chuckled when she saw the door and his explanation, stepping inside her old apartment. She went in the bedroom taking out a sports bag and threw some clothes in, a few shoes and necessities.

Within minutes, Aolin had everything she needed and have one last look at the apartment leaving now with a huge smile at her face.
She took Alex's hand, sensing his warmth and made her feel secure for some reason. They left the building soon and headed to the taxi once again, holding her bag on her left shoulder.

Now both in taxi, Aolin kissed his cheek all widely smiling and closed her eyes for a while.

" Don't worry about the door.
It was old anyways. I don't care anymore about that place..
I need a new start. With. You.

Also.. To find a new job. Speaking of which, I really-really hope you get that job."

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.