Closure

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her in. "Same. They're going to try and balance it with my college hours, so I have time to work and do my assignments." His phone rang as he leaned in to kiss her, and he grinned. "I better get that."

"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Daniel Bruce from Truce Records. Is that Alex Hooper?"
He straightened up, grinning at her. "Yes, speaking."
"We'd like to offer you that placement. Would you be able to come in tonight at seven for a few hours?" He gave her the thumbs up, trying to keep his composure.
"Yeah, of course. Thank you!"
"Not at all, Mr Hooper. I'll see you then."

He looked at her as he hung up and laughed, wrapping his arms around her. "I am officially an employee of Truce Records!" He laughed, kissing her softly. He paid the driver and dragged her up to the apartment, clutching her hand tightly. Once they made it in, he led her over to the couch and kissed her gently again. Then he remembered something that she had said. "Aolin, why do you need to find a new job? What happened?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aolin kissed him gently back, now leaning on the sofa and looked at his eyes when he asked about the job. She tried to find the right words to say for him.

" uhmm.. My manager doesn't want to pay. So I won't play there anymore. Is no point.
I'll try to find a other job.

Also.. Ermm.. I am happy for your job! You will be good."

Aolin smiled once again at him, kissing his cheek and then his lips before hugging his body tight. Her feelings growing even more by seconds, as her forehead was at the base of his neck.
Love that was.
Or maybe more.

• Love
Reactions: PlayingMonster
He nodded, wrapping his arms around her. It made sense. Everything just felt so right. He knew that people would tell them that they couldn't be sure about how they felt, that they hadn't know each other for long enough. But this just felt like it was supposed to be. And things were looking up for him. He could manage with his addiction. Maybe try cutting down first. But that was the future, and this was now.

He kissed her gently, smiling down at her, before kissing her again, his arms bringing her in even tighter to him. He wanted to hold on to her and he never wanted to let go. He had to fix himself, like she had to fix herself. As much as they wanted to, nobody could put them back together except themselves. She was helping him find the pieces, but he was the only one who could make any sense from them.

Reactions: PureKor
Aolin moaned softly between the kisses, feeling warmer from the inside and her skin felt like burning for some odd reason.

Even so, after a short while she pulled away from his lips so her forehead rested at the base of his neck. Warm air tickling his skin as she smiled.
Her body against his, in this sweet and needy embrace.

" we are a weird bunch of people..
Sweet like sugar, bitter afterwards because of the pain..
But still, I think I am falling for you.."

Aolin said suddenly, feeling a lump at her throat and her loudly heart beating at her chest. True emotions were overflowing inside her, wanting to make things clearer for him.

• Love
He smiled as she rested her head at the base of his neck. He could feel her heart beating against his, and could feel how it was racing. He ran a hand over her hair gently. "I don't think I'm falling for you. I know that I think I've already fallen hard." He told her, kissing her forehead gently. If he could stop time, he would. Everything was perfect, and where they were, nothing could go wrong. Everything had fallen into place, just for once.

• Love
Aolin smiled at his words, causing her heart to speed up once again.
Indeed they weren't the most perfect couple in the world, but she did not care at the time.

Her feelings were becoming stronger through him.
She will start a new life, a new job and maybe who knows one day, perhaps they will get married to.
Silly thoughts .

Aolin kissed his cheek, now lifting her blushing face so her eyes could gaze at him. Slowly she leaned over to brush her lips over his into a gentle kiss.

But, suddenly it was a bang at the door, rather loudly actually. It made Aolin jump over nearly falling down from the sofa.

" Uhmm.. Are we expecting something or someone?"

Alex leaned in for the kiss, tightening his grip around her once again. It was enough to stop her from falling off the couch as someone pounded at the door. He thought for a moment, before swearing under his breath. "My friends. They have a tendency to show up with only ten minutes warning, and if I don't respond to their texts, they come anyway." He laughed, wrapping his arms around her. "Are you ready to be introduced as the girlfriend? I won't tell them that you're the girl they abandoned me with in the bar. Or that you're staying here. That last fact is mostly for my own good, because otherwise they'd assume that there was a lot more going on than there actually is." He stood up, yelling that he'd be there in a minute, and changed into a t-shirt and jeans.

He opened the door to see three of his friends grinning at him. "So apparently you were sighted coming out of the record company grinning like a fool! At the risk of sounding like teenage girls, we want to know everything!" He laughed and let them in. They noticed Aolin sitting on the couch and simultaneously turned to look at him. "This is Aolin. My girlfriend."

• Love
A small giggled escaped her mouth, while he spoke about his friends.
Somehow she was nervous about it, since she might remember them from the pub. Hopefully, none of then would recognise her.

Just as they come in, he introduce her as his girlfriend.
Aolin smiled briefly at al of then waving her hand friendly like. She stood up from the sofa to shake their hands, before going to the kitchen.

" We have any orange juice and water for now.
Does anybody want a drink then?"

Her voice all gentle, yet nervous to the bone as a knot took for inside her stomach. Aolin turn her eyes at him and then at his friends, holding the bottle of juice in her hand.

This was odd for sure.

Alex grinned at her as she offered drinks. She was nervous, and he didn't blame her. "We actually brought some drinks. Nothing alcoholic, I'm afraid, because old Alexander here doesn't drink all that much." One of his friends grinned, producing a few bottles of soft drinks. Alex grinned at him and stood up, going into the kitchen to retrieve some glasses.

"Sorry guys, if I would have known you were coming over, I would have put food in the oven or something. I forgot to check my phone." He called. "Nah, man, it's okay. You want us to come back later, or...?" He shook his head, grinning at Aolin. "Nah, we've got something to celebrate." He leaned into Aolin to whisper in her ear. "Relax. They're going to like you." He kissed her on the cheek. He put the glasses on the table and grinned. "I got that placement!"

They all jumped to their feet and hugged him in celebration. He grinned. "So, should I order chinese take-out or pizza?" They started discussing it, and he grabbed Aolin's hand and pulled her into the sitting room. "So, let's take a vote."

• Love
Aolin remained quiet for a few minutes, sitting all blushing down the sofa next to him.
It was the nervousness which has gotten to her.

Wanting to shake it off, Aolin smiled widely at everyone when they discuss the food.

" I can do stuff with the chopsticks.
I am one of the best girls you'd known who can eat anything with chopsticks.
Chinese food is my favourite..
But of course, if you don't want to get beaten up at eating food with chopsticks by a girl..

I think we will have pizza.hmm?"

Aolin said between giggles, as then her lips give a kiss on Alex's cheek and then leaned over the sofa.

"Woah, woah, woah. That sounds like a challenge. Alex, order Chinese. We'll see who's really the king or queen of the chopsticks." One of his friends declared, grinning at Aolin. Alex laughed as Aolin kissed his cheek. "Chinese food it is, then."

Twenty minutes later, the food had arrived. He handed everyone their respective box, grinning at Aolin and the others. Chris, the one who had issued the challenge, was sitting directly across from Aolin, with the others on either side. Alex was on Aolin's left, holding his own box. "Okay. Chinese food challenge between Aolin and Chris. Here's the rules. You may only use your chopsticks. You may not stab. You may not get assistance from anyone else. First one to finish wins. Aaaand... go." He declared, separating his own chopsticks and laughing as they both started into their food.

• Love
Aolin chuckled a few times at the other boy's remark, while they waited for the Chinese food.
This indeed will be a challenge.

However, not long after the food arrived, having her favourite chicken and rice box, Aolin took a deep breath.
She smiled at Alex for a moment, setting herself comfortable and opening the box. Now, she took the chopsticks and separated them using only one hand and split them apart quickly.
Good manoeuvre.

Then Aolin closed her eyes, setting her left hand and over Alex's leg and so used to eat, only one hand.
At a fast speed she begun to dig in, with precision holding the chopstick like a master.
Continuously grinning and eating in the same time, Aolin used the Woden chopsticks to add portions of chicken and rice, inside her mouth.

Then after a short time, swallowing the food , she swing the chopsticks in midair as they flipped before they fell into her left hand.
A good catch indeed.

Aoli rise her eyebrows to the other boys before eating in silence as quickly as possible. With her right hand, she took a glass of water gulping a few times, soon returning to eat.

" Oh .. By the way, your shoelace will get you tripped over soon.."

Aolin said between munching the few last pieces of chicken.
It was almost over..

Alex laughed at the race. He was taking his time with his chicken and noodle stir-fry, being slightly clumsy with his chopsticks. He was managing, but didn't have the ease and grace that Aolin had, even though he was eating noodles, which were considerably easier to eat with chopsticks. Chris suddenly started to cough. Alex frowned, worrying that his friend was starting to choke. However, a few mouthfuls of water, and he was fine to start eating again. "But will that have an effect in these last few vital moments?" Alex asked dramatically, popping some noodles into his mouth and grinning, looking at Aolin. He was happier than he could have imagined only a few days ago. His eyes flicked towards the clock. "Excuse me for a moment." He grinned, going and retrieving his anxiety pills, swallowing one and heading back into the main room. "We're in the final straight, folks!"

• Love
Nobody may not expect nothing to happen.
Before they knew it, Aolin finished the food in the best time record and set the empty box on the small table.
Her right hand still holding victorious the chopsticks and munching the last piece of chicken.

A wide smile spread across her lips, in content for the situation.
Her head turn slightly to look after Alex just as he came back.

" Anything else you want me to challenge you at, hm?
Or are you afraid you'll Lose..
Once again?"

This is fun indeed. I had never imagined that I would have fun after all that has happened..

Aolin smiled at Alex, playing with the chopsticks between her fingers. Also she pulled the sleeve above her wrists to cover the scars.
Last thing she wanted was to be flooded with questions.

Alex grabbed her hand and threw it up in the air, careful to keep his own wrist pressed to hers to try and hide the cuts and scars. "We have a winner!" He cheered, grinning at her. "Winner gets a kiss." He grinned, kissing her on the cheek. Chris pouted. "Goddammit, I want a kiss from Alex." Alex laughed. "You'll have to try harder next time." He speared a piece of chicken and popped it into his mouth. "Try not to choke next time. That might work." He teased, grinning. "So, Aolin. Are you in college here or do you work?" Alex calmly took a mouthful of his drink, squeezing her hand slightly.

Aolin smiled briefly, squeezing back Alex's hand and let out a soft sigh.
Everything was good, until they start to ask the questions. Nervousness spread through her body like a wildfire and her palms begun to sweat.

" I.. Just finished college, two-three months ago and I am looking for a job.
As a singer, vocalist ..."

Her voice shaking a bit, taking now a glass of water to drink it quickly.
This was awkward for sure.
Her face turn to look at Alex for a moment and then smiled faintly at everyone.

" How about yourself?
Still live with your mommy and daddy?"

Aolin trying to joke around, giggling in the same time and to wash away her nervousness.

They laughed at her question, and Alex squeezed her hand again, grinning at her. "Nah, I'm on the same course as Alex here. Except unlike him, it doesn't come naturally to me, and I am currently barely passing most of my classes." They talked for a bit about college and stuff, and Alex relayed the story of his interview and how it had went. After a while, Chris looked at the clock. "We better go. Some of us have work that isn't at a record company." They stood up, and Alex pulled her up with him, grinning.

"Well, Aolin, it was really nice to meet you. I'm not going to let you beat me next time." Chris said, and they all called their goodbyes as they left. Alex shut the door and grinned at her, wrapping his arms around her. "See, I told you they'd like you."

• Love
Aolin smiled at him just as his friend left the apartment and she let her back to be supported by the wall.

" Ha ha. .. Yeah. I guess you're right. I am looking forward for a next challenge.
You're friends are cool after all.
Thanks God none of them recognise me .."

A tiny sigh escaped her lips, brushing her hair in the same time behind her left ear. Her eyes turn to gaze at Alex, with a loud heart beating.
That feeling again took over her and rushed inside her body like a drug.
Must've be love.

He smiled at her. "They wouldn't. You were probably familiar to them, but they haven't been to your show more than once." He kissed her once, gently. "And we'll find you somewhere a bit classier to sing, somewhere you won't have to be half-naked. Somewhere where they'll pay you on time and fairly. I'll do some asking around tonight, ask if anyone knows anything." He pressed his lips to hers again, slightly harder this time. His hands went to her waist. And it was like he kept finding a new high.

• Love
Everything for now seemed to be better than she could imagine.
Aolin smiled gently, wanting to move towards him hit Alex was one step ahead of her and already came closer to her body. His hand slowly curled around her waist and let his soft lips to tenderly kiss away all the problems which they both shared.

It was a sweet kind of kiss, with her hands around his neck and some of the fingers playing at his hair.
Aolin parted slightly her lips more, nibbling at his bottom lip for a moment and captured his lips in a genteel manner by titling her head to the left.

Lost in the moment and didn't want to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.