Status
Not open for further replies.
As Ann Marie left Ricchon with the notebook in his hand, he looked at her back confused. He wondered what she could have written to make her feel so bad. Looking down on the paper, he saw it. She was no monster in his eyes, not before, nor after he looked up again. Everyone had their stories. Ricchon lived on the fear of everyone around him, and he could feel it. He could also feel the guilt. The suffering. It made him stronger. After he'd learned to handle his own fear he'd slowly started to touch others. He wanted Ann Marie to overcome her own fear, and be happy. Ricchon didn't feel like this was the end of their conversation. Ann Marie had probably caused the death of innocent people, but he doubted it was truly her fault. Accidents happened. He walked over to where she sat, and offered her book back. Calm he said "Monsters cause pain and suffering. They revel in it. You're not a monster." Again his eyes looked wise, and he seemed to know a great deal of what he was talking about.

Ann Rayne
images

Ann blinked and looked back up to him as she took the notebook. He knew part of it and he wasn't scared of her. She hadn't reveled in that pain and death. No that had scared her too much. She looked in his eyes, both wise and calm, and she saw no fear or accusation. She shook her head a little then looked back to her notebook to write. -I was 5, I called my favorite cartoons because I was scared, shy. They started playing with the other kids like they were cartoons and killed several before I fainted and they went away.- She paused then shook her head. -I never saw my home after that, they took me here. My parents - She started then stopped and frowned, marking that out with a frown, her lips tightening in anger. She did not want to think of them abandoning her here and never so much as calling to check on her.

Ricchon guessed they'd be all off soon, but he sat down next to Ann Marie on the bench to read what she wrote. With his hands on his lap he read with a soft frown on his dark, Italian brows. The story she told created images of horror in his head, and it pulled his breath out in a silent gasp of pain. It must have been terrible for her, he thought. Something that was supposed to be funny because of the absurdity had become something like a horror show. Ricchon looked at her sadly, and true compassion crossed his features. "I'm sorry," he said low. Still wanting her to realize she wasn't a monster, he said. "You're great. In every way. It's just your gift that makes things difficult." Glancing down when thinking this should be for later, he said carefully "I would like to know you better, but if you want to go on this trip, maybe we should speak about something brighter." Smiling carefully under his dark features, he added "I know it sounds weird coming from me..." He had made a joke again, and he loved it. Ricchon thought he was doing quite well. He even thought this trip would be nice as long as Ann Marie was next to him.

Alicia Winters.jpg Alicia Winters

The small girl looks up at Jameson as he presented the object he suggested would be suitable for bashing people to protect her from harm. She looks at it with approval and nods "It seems sturdy and handy. I am sure it will do if some lunatic should attack... I think I can feel at ease with you as my guardian James... You are a nice person to care enough to agree to this. I know a lot of older people don't like me around just because I'm young and not exactly fun... and I like to uphold order and rules... So I guess part of it is my fault, however I feel like you might accept those things more readily and be a true friend to me. Like Ann, she seems to accept me as well" His suggestion to stick with Ann was agreeable enough for her and thus she nods and turns to head towards her own bunk "Um can I just go get something else that might help me stay calm out there if violence breaks out... Thanks" She doesn't say anything more or wait for an answer but she doesn't take long enough to be a burden or consume much time.

She grabs a photograph taken from when things were better... Her mother and father on either side of her. Alicia is younger in the picture but is still just as well dressed and groomed. She also has the brightest smile to match her father's, her mother has a much more refined and elegant smile that doesn't show as much teeth. Alicia is the spitting image of her mother but with cool blue eyes like her father instead of the shining blue gems of her mother's eyes. This is one of the very few things Alicia has from her old life, a treasured memory of her birthday. The last birthday she had before things went downhill and led to the murder of her mother and the arrest of her father... and the manifestation of her horrid powers. Alicia looks at the photo for a moment before she returns to Jameson and smiles at him happily "Ok. I'm ready. Let's return now" She turns and starts to lead the way before she turns and holds out the photograph to Jameson "Would you like to- WOAH!" She catches the edge of a bunk while walking backwards and falls right on her butt. She looks surprised for a moment as she looks at the bunk in anger and embarrassment. That was not very ladylike! I should have just stopped and offered the picture properly! Now I look clumsy and overeager to rush outside for this trip! Why? I didn't want to go in the first place but now... it doesn't feel so bad now...

Ann Rayne
images

Ann nodded. Her gift did make things difficult and repressing it didn't help much. When he went on to say they should talk of brighter things if they wanted to go on this trip made her nod again, a tiny smile touching her lips. She looked to his eyes again then back to her paper and nodded, reaching to take that sheet and rip it out of the book then wadded it into a ball before writing again, a short message but one that she didn't want to ignore. -clean slate- she looked to him again and tried to smile at the sort-of joke. She certainly needed to think of something else if she was going to go anywhere today besides back to bed. She glanced around for a garbage can, wanting to throw the page away and not think about that day. She wanted to throw the memory away, but it was always so close to the surface that she couldn't.

Ricchon was glad she was capable of trying, and mirrored her determination with a smile, and a nod. "Maybe I should bring a notebook and a pen too. Seems a bit unfair that you should be the only one," he said with a smile after having another look around. He wasn't going to bring one right now though. He didn't want to break out of the crowd now that he was already there.

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

How could so many words come from such a little person, in such a prim and proper tone? Jameson wondered, but did his best not to say anything about it given how the poor thing had reacted to having her hair mussed. She seemed like the type that would apologize for being who she was if someone were to comment on it, and he didn't want that.

"Glad to help. . ." He said a little hesitantly as Alicia hurried off to retrieve something of her own. "I, uh . . . Can't say I really follow the rules that well. I make no promises." She would probably be cross at him one day if she found rules and order so important, but that was a worry for another time, because she was coming back and they needed to leave.

"Whoa-" He made as if to catch her when she tripped, but wasn't quite fast enough and just winced a little as she flopped onto the ground. "Ouch. You okay?" He smiled a little, hesitantly, and held a hand out to her to help her up. "That bunk jumped out at you, I saw it. We'll teach it a lesson later. You can show me your picture as we walk, if you want. We don't want to get left behind."

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicia cant help but giggle at Jameson's silly comment as she takes his hand and rises to her feet, her looking at him coyly as she speaks "Well, you would know wouldn't you sir. You made it jump out just so you could help the princess up like a real hero did you not?" She laughs and shakes her head as she goes to walk alongside Jameson back to the stairs to get to the ground floor so they could exit out into the yard

"Ok enough of that, such joking doesn't really suit me. I would probably have more friends if I could joke like that but alas I'm just not the kind of person to change myself just to fit in. And I wont regret it, for I'm sure one day I'll have lots of friends who accept me for who I am and love me for it" She looks at Jameson and smiles warmly, his company being a real comfort for her just like Ann's presence... She realizes she's rambling and simply holds out the photo now to show Jameson. Her mother is indeed a very elegant and absolutely beautiful woman, a real trophy wife with excellent taste in fashion and makeup. Her father exudes the look of a man who has it all, money, a family, power, and even happiness... it shows just how joyful they were once. How normal they were... Yet something must have happened as Alicia is here instead of with these two elite members of society

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Jameson still wasn't one hundred percent sure how to react to her knight stories, but let Alicia have her fun. He helped lift her to her feet and waited until she was ready to start walking again, only gently taking the picture when she held it out to him. For a moment he let them walk in silence, just studying the picture and all it might tell before carefully handing it back. It was important to her, of that much he was sure.

"They seem nice." He said softly as they made their way down the stairs and back towards the buildings' rear doors. "You hold on to that real tight, hm? Maybe stick it in a jacket pocket to keep it safe. . . You're right, you know. If you don't change yourself for people, some day you'll have lots of friends who like you the way you are. Like Ann." He added, and held the door open to let her out first. "Let's go find her, all right? I'm sure she's missed you and wants to start walking."

Ann Rayne
images

Ann smiled at that and shook her head. She wouldn't want him to bring a notebook and write to talk. She liked listening to his voice as well as his words. Besides, writing took away a part of the interaction between people and just one of them having that handicap was enough. She glanced to the door when it was opened again, glad Alicia and James were back now. Her gaze moved to Powers and Eden to see if the pair of them were ready to get this show moving now or not.

Ricchon shared a knowing smile with Ann Marie. He agreed, though he wouldn't mind using a text book to communicate with her sometime. Sharing silence with her sounded like a romantic thing to do. He relaxed his back, and rubbed his palms together to try to keep some warmth. He saw Jameson and Alicia return, but didn't look overly fond of it.

Alicia listens to Jameson's comments about her picture, she looks down at it and evaluates it further. The term nice didn't exactly sit well with her for whatever reason. It felt... off. Her father was definitely not nice but he did appear so. Her mother was more along the lines of extravagant. Alicia finally gets an idea of what it could be and looks at Jameson as he holds the door for her. She speaks without thinking, her focusing too much on putting her picture in her coat pocket "Yes... I will be sure to keep it safe. Thank you for the advice. Are you an emotionally distant individual James?" Her sudden invasive question made her eyes open wide and her mouth agape in horror... "Oh my god! I'm so sorry for speaking so bluntly Jameson! You don't have to answer that and please forgive me for being so callous" She bows her head apologetically and gulps, unable to believe she spoke such words aloud to one of the few people she could call a friend. To be so invasive so early into their friendship especially when James was doing her a great service by keeping her safe during this trip. Alicia looks towards Ann and Ricchon briefly and feels so anxious to get back into a group situation where she can't make herself look like a fool or an overly-analytical ice queen.

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Jameson shuddered in the cold a little as they made their way back out the door, absentmindedly keeping track of the soggy footing ahead of Alicia in case she took another misstep and fell onto less forgiving surfaces than the carpeted ones inside. He was, it seemed, a little distracted by thoughts of their adventure in the cold when she asked her 'blunt' question, and upon realizing what she'd said stopped in his tracks to stare blankly at her. Emotionally distant? What the hell was up with this kid? And where had that question even come from? Maybe he'd been abandoned by his mother and forcibly torn away from his father, and been tossed around orphanages and state facilities for years since then, but no one had the right to start using psychobabble against him, let alone this child.

Long seconds passed before Jameson finally swallowed whatever broken instinct made him want to gripe a defense and just sighed, closing his eyes and putting a hand to his head like he might need to stave off a headache. After a pause, he just ran it back through his hair. "You are too little to have such big questions." He muttered wearily, and opened his eyes to give one of her shoes the lightest of taps with the end of his stick. "Go on, get. Let's go on this weird field trip before anyone starts psychoanalyzing people."

Ann Rayne
images

Ann watched the two then looked back to her notebook again, thinking about all that had happened and been said this morning. She shifted on the bench then seemed to realize something and pulled out an apple from her pocket. She smiled and shook her head then looked back to Ricchon to offer it to him if he wanted it. She had forgotten about the fruit she had grabbed when they were all getting ready to meet up out here for this field trip.

When Ann Marie held out the apple for Ricchon to take, he looked puzzled at her. He did so only for a short moment however as he soon took the apple, and smiled coyly. "Thank you," he said without looking at Ann Marie. He was very well aware of Jameson and Alicia closing in. After he rolled the fruit between his hands a couple of times, he proceeded to take a bite. It was a rather big bite, and he didn't seem to have any problems chewing it. The apple would be gone within a minute. He still had the orange in his right pocket, and some might think he might give it to her, or decline the apple because of it, or at least mention it, but Ricchon planned to make something romantic out of it later. He planned to share many wonderful times with Ann Marie.

f0d53msh8jbk6bf8fnhm8md1a01468200661_zpsgvp7qrcz.jpg

♫ Now Playing: ??. 'Be Still'

Eden had at this point been put to sleep, an almost nervous-looking Powers stooped over her, needle to her arm. an appropriate dose of Valium for someone her size.

"~"

She looked somewhat sloppy, bent over forward, features drooping in the absence of muscle tone. She was quickly swooped up, however, by Powers, who slung her, gently, over his shoulder.

==================================

kpjjbluj8qg2scpap2hg3p29c71468811441_zpsiuufogvh.jpg
♫ Now Playing: 20. 'Powers'

"Okay!"

His voice was still unabated, sounding as though he were speaking through a bullhorn, though without.

"For those of you joining us on our little excursion, we're leaving now!"

He pointed to the ground with his free hand, exemplifying the current time.

"Metro stops in about half an hour at city center station, I expect that we'll be there before then, so let's get moving!"

He hoisted the unconscious Eden once before setting off with a close group of the more eager children, towards the gates of the Orphanage.

"And I cannot stress this enough, Stay with me."

Powers's shouted back at the crowd of younglings milling about as they all moved toward him.

Reactions: Sarokhor
Ann Rayne
images

Ann looked to Powers as his voice rang out over the crowd then sighed softly and made sure she had a grip on her notebook and pen as she stood up. We can do this. She thought to herself and glanced around at her friends then to Ricchon once more. This day was so crazy, and they had a lot of ground to cover, she hoped that it wouldn't be quite as exciting as it had already been. She held her hand out to him, so they could walk together and not get separated then glanced to Alicia and Jameson to make sure they were ready so that pair could walk with them as well.

Alicia notes the weary reaction Jameson has to her question and the light tap that signifies he wishes her to move along. Rather than continue to pursue the matter Alicia takes the hint and simply hurries along to meet up with Ricchon and Ann with Jameson following. She gives them a very small rather timid smile as she still feels rather awkward for her reaction to Jameson's words. She looks to Ann first and lets out a breath "Ok... I'm ready. You and Jameson are with me sooo... I feel ok about this, but I wont like it. I'm positive of that" She frowns a bit then looks to Ricchon and smiles "But you're tall and intimidating as well so I think you should help stave off the madmen even should the security and Jameson fail..." She seems to be analyzing the group and trip like a trip across a post-apocalyptic wasteland ripe with strife and chaos... Alicia hears the call of Mr Powers and gulps at the trip beginning so suddenly. As the man moved towards the gates of the Orphanage Alicia felt herself shaking slight, her feet refusing to move forth. Her blue eyes widened as she stares at the gates like passing them was committing to a journey to hell. She spoke of being fine but she was far from it. She was beyond anxious, she was nearly having a panic attack at the sight of others heading to exit the safety of the orphanage. She hadn't even given herself a chance to see the security that would be protecting them on the trip before her mind started to twist her perception of danger into unrealistic proportions once more

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Fantastic. It was clear, as they approached, that Ann and Ricchon had decided to be partners in this little walk. That was fine and dandy for them, and Jameson didn't really know them, what they were truly like, or how long they'd known each other so he wasn't protesting their pairing up - it was just that he'd promised to stay with Alicia, and keep her with Ann, and that meant he was also stuck in close quarters with Ricchon as well. Griping would do nothing, and he was already keeping an eye out for trouble, so Jameson just took a slow breath and promised himself he would do his best to keep in check his wariness of the taller teen. Still, he wasn't really sure how he should felt about being compared to the specter beside them as if he were inferior.

Jameson, as a general rule, didn't really like being touched without explicit permission or at least some sort of broadcasting of the motion that could be accepted or denied, and as a courtesy did his best not to do it to other people either. But Alicia was at his side and looking panicked already, and she was a child torn away from whatever family she'd once had. As they neared the gates, trailing along with the crowd of orphans, he shifted around to put her on his left side and put a gentle hand on the back of her shoulders.

"It's all right." He said softly, kindly. "Just focus on breathing, and count the trees. There may not be any pretty leaves or flowers in winter, but there's gonna be cool stuff to look at still." Counting things that weren't people would hopefully help take her mind off of some of the more active, panic-inducing worries in her traumatized mind.

Ricchon wasn't keen on holding Ann Marie's hand while others watched. No one were supposed to know he liked her after all. Instead he rubbed her back discreetly, and gave her a reassuring smile- he'd stay close. His happiness was mostly gone when Jameson and Alicia arrived, it having been exchanged for a more guarded state. Ricchon glared at Alicia when she mentioned his effect on madmen. However he smirked at Jameson when the girl seemed to feel safer with the shadow manipulator around. The small sensation of power made Ricchon feel better about going, but it seemed Alicia wasn't as ready as she'd expressed. Jameson acted like the stupid hero again, and even though Ricchon didn't truly doubt Jameson's abilities yet, since he didn't know what powers he possessed, he still thought he should keep an eye out for her. Should she threaten to pulverize the group, or Ann Marie, he'd send him and her off somewhere else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.