Clockwork - The Visual Novel Role-play

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you receive your new bodies you're like semi visible energy. I will be playing Judeth and yeah I wasn't planning on making them a character sheet because they are like the main guide sort of and I want the players to learn more about them within the role-play.

Still, a transgender mechanic could be a very amusing character to interact with, so I have high hopes.

I'm slightly confused. Are we leaving out what our characters physically look like until they meet the clock maker and recieve their new body. I totally want to do a whole visible energy/balls of adorable lights though. I'll probably draw what my characters "visible energy" would look like. Also would the "visible energy" act like our characters soul of sorts and is the only unchanging factor between the changing of bodies??

@WhisperingWillows

Yes, when you receive your new body than you can post pictures of what your character looks like in this thread and I can update your custom character profiles that I'm designing for you guys!

Reactions: Esmeray
Yes, when you receive your new body than you can post pictures of what your character looks like in this thread and I can update your custom character profiles that I'm designing for you guys!
Thank you deary! Are you good with coloring line art digitally?? If not I'll just color my "visible energy" with stuffs myself and then share it. xD

Yes I'm pretty good at coloring/drawing digitally. ^.^

EDIT:
What do you guys think about having these species as the ones you can choose from IC?
  1. Human Heart
  2. Vampire Heart
  3. Werewolf Heart
  4. Automaton Heart
  5. Kitsune Heart
  6. Elf Heart
  7. ???
  8. Orc Heart
  9. Dwarf Heart
  10. Kemonomimi Heart
  11. Elemental Heart
  12. Magus Heart
  13. Dryad Heart
  14. Dragonoid Heart
  15. ????

Last edited:
I think those races are a pretty good selection, but there are a few I might change: I typically associate Angels, Demons and Dragons with being incredibly powerful creatures. In my mind, Dragons are these monstrous beasts who can slaughter entire armies, Demons are creatures of nightmare who feast on negative emotions and wreak havoc on civilisation, and Angels are like giant, sentient, reusable nuclear bombs. Then again, my opinion on these things are very biased compared to normal people's. Typically though, Angels especially are very regal and superior beings that I feel are best fit only as being boss fights.

Also, I'd probably thrown in Nekomimi into there just cos Nekomimi... but an albino Kitsune could be better now that I think about it. She could have silver fire as opposed to the usual blue...

I think those races are a pretty good selection, but there are a few I might change: I typically associate Angels, Demons and Dragons with being incredibly powerful creatures. In my mind, Dragons are these monstrous beasts who can slaughter entire armies, Demons are creatures of nightmare who feast on negative emotions and wreak havoc on civilisation, and Angels are like giant, sentient, reusable nuclear bombs. Then again, my opinion on these things are very biased compared to normal people's. Typically though, Angels especially are very regal and superior beings that I feel are best fit only as being boss fights.

Also, I'd probably thrown in Nekomimi into there just cos Nekomimi... but an albino Kitsune could be better now that I think about it. She could have silver fire as opposed to the usual blue...
Yes I'm pretty good at coloring/drawing digitally. ^.^

EDIT:
What do you guys think about having these species as the ones you can choose from IC?
  1. Human Heart
  2. Vampire Heart
  3. Werewolf Heart
  4. Demon Heart
  5. Kitsune Heart
  6. Elf Heart
  7. Faery Heart
  8. Orc Heart
  9. Dwarf Heart
  10. Shape-shifter Heart
  11. Elemental Heart
  12. Magus Heart
  13. Dryad Heart
  14. Dragon Heart
  15. Angel Heart
Totally agree with Kara about taking out demons and angels. I would love to play a dragon personally, but she does have a point about them being like super powerful. However this can be loopholed with beast tamers. Though I don't really imagine beast tamers and high fantasy stuff being in a role-play about steampunk and airships??? Unless there actually isnt any airships. o 3 o

Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Maybe replace Dragon with "dragonoid" or "drake" then? Not quite the ferocious beasts, but more humans with a lot of draconic traits - scales, wings, exhaling smoke when they cough...

I like that! And there will be airships, as well it does have a bit of fantasy elements in it too. It isn't completely steam punk. But a majority of it is. ^.^
I'll take out demon and angels, however.

A common theme about steam-punk like stories is that they actually dont have the typical high fantasy races. The races you find in steam-punk are genuinely unique in their own right, and I highly suggest going back and watching treasure planet to pick up ideas regarding that o 3 o

Now that I think about it I would remove Fae as a race as well, because those are beings that are just as powerful as demons to be honest.......

so I would go with

Human, vampire, werewolf, drakes (like in Kara's post above), elves, Nekomini (which include kitsune), dwarves/gnomes, and Magus (which includes elementals. Elementals are really just a subclass of mages.), Shape-shifters (that can be done with magic as well so kind of redundant if you ask me), Orcs/Giant type of race, and then maybe your own unique race or two. MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE PLANT LIKE PEOPLE!?

There should totally be plant people -w-

Okay, I like plant like people! As well I agree with what you're saying. I've made up my own species called "Deletaine" which we could use.. o3o

A common theme about steam-punk like stories is that they actually dont have the typical high fantasy races. The races you find in steam-punk are genuinely unique in their own right, and I highly suggest going back and watching treasure planet to pick up ideas regarding that o 3 o

Now that I think about it I would remove Fae as a race as well, because those are beings that are just as powerful as demons to be honest.......

so I would go with

Human, vampire, werewolf, drakes (like in Kara's post above), elves, Nekomini (which include kitsune), dwarves/gnomes, and Magus (which includes elementals. Elementals are really just a subclass of mages.), Shape-shifters (that can be done with magic as well so kind of redundant if you ask me), Orcs/Giant type of race, and then maybe your own unique race or two. MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE PLANT LIKE PEOPLE!?
I find that a hybrid between steampunk and high fantasy is one of my favourite settings. The advent of technology and age of exploration melds really well with a large variety of abstract races.

Nekomimi specifically means cat ears, so more appropriate would be Kemonomimi, which just means beast ears and encompasses every kind of -ears. Kitsune though don't actually class as Kemonomimi, because Kitsune are foxes that can take a human-like form rather than humans with animal ears. Kitsune also exist in Shinto mythology and are pretty fuckin' powerful, whereas cat girls only came into existence at the Dawn of Moe, and possess few if any inherent abilities.

Also, I imagine "elementals" as being manifestations of said element rather than just a mage who can manipulate it, so wouldn't plant people fit into this as Earth/Life elementals?

I agree with you, Karakui. I like blending the two genres together to create an awesome hybrid of sorts!
Just curious, do they have tails too or is it just ears? Because the Kemonomimi can replace shape-shifters than anyhow.

And yes, they are a manifestation of said element. As well, it isn't just the four main elements it can be a variety of them too. And I believe that you are right as well. They would fit into elementals better than by themselves.

Kemonomimi is the short term, if I'm honest. The full term is variants of Kemonomimi Musume (which actually suggests they can only be female, but there you go.) Kemonomimis can have pretty much any animal trait, technically, but they're usually just ears and tails, cos there isn't much else they could put on that'd still be cute.

cat girls only came into existence at the Dawn of Moe, and possess few if any inherent abilities.

Not inherently true. Bakenekos, are mythical two tailed cats that are psychic and are immortal. They can also take the forms of young girls. Hence why there is a Pokemon named espeon. XD

1. Human Heart
  2. Vampire Heart
  3. Werewolf Heart
  4. Automaton Heart
  5. Kitsune Heart
  6. Elf Heart
  7. Tengu Heart
  8. Orc Heart
  9. Dwarf Heart
  10. Kemonomimi Heart
  11. Elemental Heart
  12. Magus Heart
  13. Dryad Heart
  14. Dragonoid Heart
  15. Oni Heart
Here is the updated list

Last edited:
Bakeneko don't count as kemonomimi though, because they weren't brought about by a demand for cute shit. Bakenekos count in the same set as Kitsune - they're Yokai. Bakeneko, Kitsune and Kemonomimi all share similar traits, but they're not all the same thing, nor can they all be classed under "kemonomimi".

With the removal of angels, we're missing anything with wings, so maybe Tengu heart? They're pretty well known and they'd make a hilarious gimmick race.

250px-%E5%A4%A9%E7%8B%97%E3%81%AE%E9%9D%A2%E9%89%84%E8%BC%AA%E6%B8%A9%E6%B3%89PB060289.jpg

Interacting with someone that looked like this would be interesting at least.

Also, Oni perhaps, as a substitute for demons? They share some similar traits just like Tengu share wings with angels. Oni have claws, horns and are often translated as "demon" too.

Status
Not open for further replies.