Clockwork - The Visual Novel Role-play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, would you be willing to work with me on it then? If you wanted to commit the time to making the RPG. I want a lot of detail going into the game but I think TyranoBuilder with some javascript and Adobe products will work. *hmm*

*shudders* Javascript.

The only problem with RPG maker is that it takes a lot of time to build anything. I mean, after 100 hours of work, the game I'm currently working on is around 4% complete, although I'll admit it's a VERY large game.

Also, the battle systems are very primitive and very pokemon-y, and the art style is very low resolution...

Tyranno Builder can't do battle scenes, especially not in a system where characters can vary their abilities and party layout. You could have a lot of fun with the insert HTML routine, but only if you know HTML inside-out :D

Oo, but you CAN play around with Live2D and that stuff can be beautiful. Even Fire Emblem uses it.

Also, the battle systems are very primitive and very pokemon-y, and the art style is very low resolution...

You got somethin' to say about pokemon and primitives, son?!

I do know HTML inside and out, actually. ^.^

You got somethin' to say about pokemon and primitives, son?!
Pokemon is a very primitive battle style. You tellin' me you don't want a pokemon game where you can move around like an RPG and watch your 3D Hyper Beam crush the enemy's tenth Ratatta?

I do know HTML inside and out, actually. ^.^
Well then, thats OK! I think your best chance of battle scenes is probably through calling an HTML with a minigame embedded that can draw on values of Tyrannobuilder's archive.. Far beyond my capability though :D

Color me interested. I love steampunk, and I'm in need of some RPs. And the idea of it being a VN is amazing.
The inclusion of the "races" reminds me of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Character Full Name: Everard Haydock Meriwether
Pronunciation: Ev-er-arhd Hay-dock Merry-weather
Personality: Everard is a brutish man. His personality can be compared to a blunt object. Not very stylish or intricate, but it does get the job done. He says what's on his mind. Does what he wants. And he has a temper that goes off quicker than a sneeze in a dusty room. Not to say that he is unpleasant to be around, but one does have to have a taste for his certain aesthetic. He drinks, smokes, gambles, and fights. The latter being how he earns his income. How many people can say that they love what they do? Everard is not one to be dour or introspective. He follows his heart, even if it gets him in trouble. Actually, it always gets get him in trouble.
What is your last memory before you came here?:
The alley was dark, a sort of encompassing darkness that squashes any light--even the moon was having a hard time penetrating it. Everard could barely make out the other man's face. He squinted, which caused his nose to ache. It wasn't going to set right. At least he still had all his teeth, or at least he had all of them for now. One was wiggling more than it should have.
"I roughed 'im up just like you asked," Everard said. "Even grabbed that strange globe-y thing off of his desk." It was about the size of his palm, gold, and had these flat discs that rotated around it. Everard extended his bloodied hand towards the man in the shadows. The action caused him to wince again. The old man hadn't gone down easy. His employer hadn't fully explained that his target had once been an officer in the army.
"It is an astrolabe, Mister Meriwether," the man said, possibly smiling--Everard couldn't tell. He took the 'astrolabe' from Everard's hand and tucked it away in the folds of his jacket.
"Alright, sure." He sniffed back the blood in nose. "You have my payment?"
"Of course I do," the man said.
Everard never saw the gun.

Hope that works. Tried to think a lot of things ambiguous so they can be built on. Let me know if I need to change anything... or reduce... the amount of information.

Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
This is starting to sound a bit overly complicated. ;-;

Overly complicated exists only when it begins to inhibit the achievability. Until then, the more complicated, the better!

This is starting to sound a bit overly complicated. ;-;
Nothing complicated for us, you and me, we role-players. HOWEVER, Willows is turning this into a vidya, so she's making it extra hard for herself.

You and I, we just RP awesome steampunk stuffs. Y'dig?

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
I want to keep it as a visual novel, now that I think about it. And Don't worry Vio, all you have to do is make a character and wait for the IC to be made!
Also, TR your character is approved.

> Comes up with massive points / combat / class systems
> "Actually, I'm just gonna keep it as a VN."

You could do something like Long Live the Queen and have events in-game that you can get through in various ways but that'll only succeed if you have points in certain categories? Like, if you didn't do enough agile stuff, you fail to run away from the Temple of Doom-style boulder trap. That could make it very brutal though... At least when you die, the clockmaker can just bring you back to life.

Thanks! And anything I can do to help I totally can!

I don't have any computer programming skills. Or art skills. I'm pretty good at editing and proofreading. I do it for my critique group monthly, and I edited an anthology. If you need any help with the VN or anything let me know! Otherwise, I can totally just back and forth ideas for the RP.

I edited an anthology once too. Slowly cutting it into a huge book with every page edited to be shaped like a smiley face was hard work, but totally not worth it.

Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
;~; Don't hate me pls.
You see there will be certain upgrades that you can add to whatever body you choose to put your new heart in. [heart contains the soul in this verse] Each upgrade costs however many cogs and with each species comes a class and that class is allotted a certain number of cogs to begin with, but you can find cogs throughout my event posts and you can do IC jobs to acquire cogs as well. I'm more concerned with the group role-play at the moment than how I'm going to turn it into a visual novel. So, I'm going to focus on that first.
And thank you TR any and all ideas are welcome to be heard and digested!

Character Full Name:
Kanzaki Shiro

Pronunciation: Ka-n-za-ki Shi-ro. Kinda hard to mispronounce Japanese, it's exactly as written :D

Personality: Shiro is quite cynical and loves to criticise people, so she often ends up playing the role of the tsukkomi. She uses a lot of sarcasm too, but has an energetic and stupid side as well. She has an obsession with cute things.

What is your last memory before you came here?: Walking down a street deciding whether to visit the store on the way home.

Species:
Class:
Cogs:
Inventory:

Last edited:

AcJBgsF.png

Character Full Name: Everard Haydock Meriwether

Pronunciation: Ev-er-arhd Hay-dock Merry-weather

Personality: Everard is a brutish man. His personality can be compared to a blunt object. Not very stylish or intricate, but it does get the job done. He says what's on his mind. Does what he wants. And he has a temper that goes off quicker than a sneeze in a dusty room. Not to say that he is unpleasant to be around, but one does have to have a taste for his certain aesthetic. He drinks, smokes, gambles, and fights. The latter being how he earns his income. How many people can say that they love what they do? Everard is not one to be dour or introspective. He follows his heart, even if it gets him in trouble. Actually, it always gets get him in trouble.

What is your last memory before you came here?:
The alley was dark, a sort of encompassing darkness that squashes any light--even the moon was having a hard time penetrating it. Everard could barely make out the other man's face. He squinted, which caused his nose to ache. It wasn't going to set right. At least he still had all his teeth, or at least he had all of them for now. One was wiggling more than it should have.
"I roughed 'im up just like you asked," Everard said. "Even grabbed that strange globe-y thing off of his desk." It was about the size of his palm, gold, and had these flat discs that rotated around it. Everard extended his bloodied hand towards the man in the shadows. The action caused him to wince again. The old man hadn't gone down easy. His employer hadn't fully explained that his target had once been an officer in the army.
"It is an astrolabe, Mister Meriwether," the man said, possibly smiling--Everard couldn't tell. He took the 'astrolabe' from Everard's hand and tucked it away in the folds of his jacket.
"Alright, sure." He sniffed back the blood in nose. "You have my payment?"
"Of course I do," the man said.
Everard never saw the gun.

Species:
Class:
Cogs:
Inventory:

Don't digest my ideas plz, I prefer them in physical form.

Any and all suggestions for my character are welcome.

Character Full Name: Darren Mors

Pronunciation: Dare-en; More-Z

Personality: Darren is usually calm and level headed, though he can get overly excited about certain things, causing him to act both impulsively and recklessly. Darren tries to handle everything with the same placid demeanor he dons every day, but he quietly dreams of confrontations and of altercations.

What is your last memory before you came here?: The narrow roads were dimly lit with florescent lights, the air was brisk and chilled, signalling the arrival of winter. Fallen leaves matted the ground, wet and worn against the concrete from earlier traffic. Darren began walking across the street, making his way home. He couldn't help himself, mentally berating his boss for making him stay late again for the third time this week made him feel a little better. But being so caught up in his fictional ass chewing, Darren didn't notice the headlights until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.