Clockwork - The Visual Novel Role-play

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jVDUcgM.png

Character Full Name: Darren Mors

Pronunciation: Dare-en; More-Z

Personality: Darren is usually calm and level headed, though he can get overly excited about certain things, causing him to act both impulsively and recklessly. Darren tries to handle everything with the same placid demeanor he dons every day, but he quietly dreams of confrontations and of altercations.

What is your last memory before you came here?: The narrow roads were dimly lit with florescent lights, the air was brisk and chilled, signalling the arrival of winter. Fallen leaves matted the ground, wet and worn against the concrete from earlier traffic. Darren began walking across the street, making his way home. He couldn't help himself, mentally berating his boss for making him stay late again for the third time this week made him feel a little better. But being so caught up in his fictional ass chewing, Darren didn't notice the headlights until it was too late.
------------------------------------------
Species:
Class:
Cogs:
Inventory:

I'm sorry, but I think I am going to drop. It's a bit to much for me, but I'll probably read the IC in my spare time once its up.

Okay thanks for the interest anyhow! :D

Reactions: Esmeray
Quick question, would a human heart technically be considered one of the weakest, since all of the others seem to have some sort of "supernatural advantage" in a sense? (note that this would not change my opinion whatsoever, I am just curious for the sake of the plot)

Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Character Full Name: Richard Evans

Pronunciation: Rich-ard Ehv-ins

Personality: Loud, brash, and forward don't quite cover what it is to be Richard Evans. With a wickedly addictive and contagious laugh, Richard always ends up the focal point of the party-- whether he wants it or not. He loves drinking, eating, and woman. Richard Evans can be quite hedonistic, and would be known for the life-style if he wasn't as inventive and hard-working as he was when it came to his trade. Boisterous to a fault, but never violent, Richard finds it to be the last resort to any and all things. However, once the gloves go down and the fists come up, Richard Evans actually proves more than capable.

What is your last memory before you came here?

There's a tavern, a... bar? Smoke rises to the ceiling. The smell is acrid, cloying, but... Warm. Spicy. It's a welcome scent, and it works so well with the smokey flavour of the amber drink. It's harsh; it burns all the way down. But... it's delicious. More-- need more!

Suddenly, an explosion of sound; laughter. So much laughter! And... stomping. Lots of stomping. It's a... rhythm. A perfect beat, matching a jaunty tune in the background. It's quiet. Too quiet... The laughter dies, and the tune gets louder, and louder. A... fiddle? Two fiddles. Battling fiddles, but carrying the same song. Women are playing. Beautiful women, with pretty faces and gorgeous breasts.

Suddenly, darkness... Come back! Come back... Those breasts.

Quick question, would a human heart technically be considered one of the weakest, since all of the others seem to have some sort of "supernatural advantage" in a sense? (note that this would not change my opinion whatsoever, I am just curious for the sake of the plot)
Not sure if this is the angle that Whispering is going for, but our bodies are still going to be made of clockwork, so I think that the more exotic hearts would only grant a slight advantage (with an accompanying disadvantage), while a human heart is just...neutral.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Each heart gives certain advantages to each clockwork body, humans would have the general strengths and weaknesses like one that resides on earth would have. Any other questions?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person

WBVDQJt.png

Character's Full Name:
Ida Rosenthal

Pronunciation:
I-duh Row-zen-thall

Personality:
To most people, Ida seems to be a positive, enthusiastic girl, who at times can be a bit of a prankster. Quick to adapt to almost any situation, she loves to talk and mess around with people she knows and cares about, but within an instant can put out an air of maturity, kindness, and calm with strangers who she feels uncomfortable around. She is always one to protect others, even if she has only known them for a short while, and tends to try and carry any burden by herself. Independent, she always wears a smile of contentness, as if to say "if my friends are happy, nothing else matters". Though as a downfall of this, she doesn't listen to her own heart, and as a result keeps a lot of negative things bottled up in her subconscious without even realizing it.

Last Memory:
Ida smiled, looking up into the obscured face as she heard his voice for one last time,
"Under the name of God, may your soul be trapped forever in hell, Ida Rosenthal."

Sorry that took so long guys! Personal issues, then of course, Christmas...

I'M ALL ON BOARD NOW THOUGH. LET'S DO DIS!!

I like how we all just decided that the spirits couldn't speak, without anyone specifically saying they couldn't :D

Within the steampunk-esque world of 'Clockwork' lies a hidden city, only accessed by the newly deceased, this secret metropolis is named Calces. As an airy soul you will arrive in the Clock Tower, the starting point of the visual novel role-play's main quest line. There upon arrival you will meet the Clock-Maker, a transgender named 'Judeth', thus you will begin making decisions to affect the story line. Your goal is to find out why you are in Calces and how you got there.

That is the main plot line of this visual novel, although this story verse can be expanded on if great interest is placed in it. I will be creating all artwork for the visual novel that is a result of this role-play. As well, I will be creating it with Tyrano Builder Visual Novel Studio, and working in Sketchbook Pro 7 and Adobe Photoshop CC mainly. When filling out the character sheet, please describe in detail and/or give me a picture for your character's appearance so I can accurately transcribe it to the visual novel!

Next there will be additional perks incorporated into the game for the player's benefit. Once all characters have been made and approved, I will create the IC Thread for us to begin the first quest! If you have any questions feel free to PM me!​

I don't have very many rules for you guys, basically:
001. No God-modding; your characters can't block every hit or control other people's characters.
002. Be Respectful to everyone in the game.
003. No Mary Sue's please
004. Stick to the Steampunk theme, please.
005. Minimum one paragraph post for substance please!
006. Have fun!

The character sheet below is the basic skeleton we will use for all starting players. As your characters go through the quest line, they will "evolve" their character sheet with the various information the GM gives them as a they role-play. This includes, but is not limited to; skill cogs, money cogs, class, rank, species, and so on.

Character Full Name:
Pronunciation:
Personality:
What is your last memory before you came here?:

If you have any questions feel free to PM WhisperingWillows or voice them in the OOC thread.

Lol, this thread was 1 day away from being automatically archived XD

Well no archiving for this! I have posted Judeth's next post in the IC!

Status
Not open for further replies.