Classroom Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
(hey guys, I dont want to sound rude but could you guys let some other people provide some input? its just common courtesy not to fill up the entire thread with your own posts)

• Thank You
Reactions: Wanderfool
Nils had wandered back to his room and promptly fallen asleep. He woke up to the sound of the intercom and yawned. He stumbled out of his room and walked along the deck "ugh...I really need to stop taking so many naps.." He walked to the front of the boat and looked out over the railing. "this is nice though...gonna be interesting to see how the students are going to behave on a cruise ship instead of a regular school.." He yawned again and leaned on the railing as he gazed out over the ocean.

Smiling to her as she says this. He waits for the waitress to come over and he orders his food, as they wait, he looks to her, "so where are you from?" He asks her.

(Yeah sorry got caught up in it)

"I'm not really from anywhere, we were always moving after my mom died." she says softly.
"I haven't settled into a permanent house for a while, that's why i came here." she says looking down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nils sighed and looked around "I wonder if anyone else is bored like me.." He pushed himself off the railing and meandered across the ship. He popped into the cafe and grabbed two apples. Munching on one of them he was walking down a hallway when he noticed a girl peeking out of her room. Intrigued he walked up to her (Zoey) and smiled "hey there, you looking for someone?" He quickly looked her over and vaguely remembered her from the cheer leading squad that performed at the pep rallies that everyone was required to attend. "Hey..you are a cheerleader right?"

Zoey hadn't been able to help herself any longer, slipping in the key card in she pushed open the door to her room and sighed wistfully. The room was absolutely perfect, giggling she spinned in the room and laughed falling back onto bed she looked up at the ceiling and sighed. Looks like she would be rooming alone, which she didn't mind. Zoey had never been one to surround herself completely with friends anyways. Turning on her side she watched out the window, and could hear seagulls crying out in the distance.

Sitting up she went outside her room to grab her bags, but instead there was teacher who regarded her for a moment before asking her if she was a cheerleader. Smiling brightly she leaned on the doorframe, "Yes, actually I am! You must be a teacher?" Zoey tilted her head a bit, she never was good with names and faces.

It appeared that Kanan wasn't the sort to hold grudges, for once Nils had explained himself and she'd flipped through her dictionary, seeking out the definitions of the words she didn't know, she offered him a friendly grin and nodded. Both hands were lifted and she waved them around dismissively, hurriedly, as if to reassure him. "Maa, maa," the bassist said. "Nils-sensei, Is okay, okay. English this is true is not good. But I am learning, yes?"

Inwardly, she was confused. Why would her stage name have been listed on her school file? That didn't make a great deal of sense. Then again, Takumi had been the one filling out the paper, and he had a distressing tendency to overlook important details. Knowing him, he'd probably written Kanan in the line for her name, most likely in permanent ink, and Rey, unable to erase the mistake, had written in her actual name when the application had been handed to her for proofreading. Thanks to her laser focus in her classes, Rey could sound like a native speaker of English, and had learned how to read and write it just as well. She was usually in charge of all the paper work for the band.

Her confusion cleared up, Kanan shrugged.
"Eto... either is fine? Call me Kanan. Or Naokkun. These are okay." Initially, she'd been surprised by the lack of honorifics from the students around her, and the fact that they seemed entirely comfortable addressing her, a virtual stranger, by her given name. But she reminded herself that she was no longer at home, and people here did things much differently. Understanding this, she let go of the knee-jerk reaction of yobisute.

Her attention returned to Kalah; it seemed as though the pretty redhead would be the first friend she made here, and she grinned abashed. There was a faint colour on her cheeks, and she chuckled, dimples flashing.
"Aa-tsu... yes, I know of them," she murmured, adding silently Because I am part of them. She didn't say this aloud, but kept her lips zipped and listened to the girl's explanation, nodding along with the story politely. It baffled her entirely that her band was gaining popularity, even if it was only one fan, overseas. They'd barely even managed to get their first gig in one of the seedier nightclubs of Tokyo! And here they were, their demo tapes being sold to foreign fans.

She shook her head, still floored by this revelation, and when it occurred to her that Kalah had stopped speaking and was waiting for a response, the bassist replied without thinking,
"If more music Kalah-san wants, the computer of Naokkun in his room has. It is not much, but there is some."

Both brows shot up when Kalah mentioned her room number, and Kanan laughed; it was a low, husky sound, somewhat hoarse. "Maa, Kalah-san has room next door. My room is 213." She nodded and lifted one hand, waggling her fingers in a polite return of the girl's friendly parting gesture. "Yeah, okay. It was nice to meet you, Kalah-san. See you later."

Left alone on the deck and not wishing to intrude on the budding romance happening nearby, Kanan shuffled off to her state room, and spent the next hour or so plucking at her bass. She'd had a song bubbling around in her head for the last week, but hadn't had the time to get it out, and she figured she'd use the time on the ship away from her friends to come up with some new material and practice. That way, when she finally met back up with them, once the cruise had reached her native home, she'd have plenty to add.

She was kind of glad that she didn't seem to have acquired a roommate as of yet; the quiet in the room was kind of nice, and excellent for focus. But it wasn't long before she'd penned all the melody that had been running through her brain, and she decided to go exploring. She'd never been on a ship before, and it was something of a novel, interesting experience. With cell phone in hand, she marched out of her room, intent on taking a ton of pictures to share with her band mates upon her return.

Nils smiled "yeah I guess I am, not that any of the other teachers think I am. My name is Nils Maupin. But you can just call me Nils, I don't think I am old and crotchety enough to be called Mr. Maupin by kids that are only a few years younger than me." He gently tosses her the other apple and gives her his classic easy going smile. He walked over to a window and looked out at the stars shining over the moonlit sea. "I have no idea how they think having school on a cruise ship is a good idea. Everyone is going to be too focused on having a fun time instead of studying..not that I am complaining, gives me more time to take naps." He turns back to Zoey and smiles his blue hair shifts in the sea breeze. "so do you have a roommate yet?"

"Ahh, I know how it is, me and my mom moved around a lot, came from Ireland to Japan. Then to America for a while." He says as he looks down to rentable for a moment.

"Ya, my family has been a little bit of everywhere."she says softly.
"so whats your family like Xavier?" she ask to change the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
The man, Nils, is quite talkative and absolutely right when he says he is not quite old enough to have a "Mr." attatched to his last name. Zoey can't help but stare at his blue hair, and his young appearance. If she hadn't known any better she would have thought he was a student. An apple is thrown to her, once she catches it she takes a look at it. Apples were always her favorite fruit, the color was bright and the taste was crisp. Listening to him as he explains his opinion regarding having class on a cruise ship, she grins a bit before taking a bite of the apple before replying to him. "Well, I personally think its a wonderful idea. A girl can always use a bit more sun."

As he asks her about roommates she half shrugs and motions to her luggage on its lonesome. "Well, no actually. I had originally thought I was going to to get one. But its approaching dinnertime and no one has shown up." Blowing a few strands of her copper hair from her eyes she looks over Nils' shoulder, the sea is absolutely beautiful and the weather is perfect. "I don't mind, being alone never really bothered me. I like the quiet. That and its so convenient, now I don't have to wait for the shower or have to drag anyone anywhere." Zoey pulled the sleeve of the sheer cover-up over her shoulder and stood next to Nils. It was the truth, Zoey didn't mind being alone. In fact sometimes she preferred it over the company of the fair weather friends that she had on the squad.

Name: Naeomi Quinn
Student/Teacher: Student
Hair Color: Black with a bit of light brown in it.
Eye color: Hazel
Apparel (Outfit): Naeomi usually wears the school uniform, coupled with one of her own decorative scarves. She usually wears a brooch on her hijab.
Because of her religion, she wears pants instead of a skirt.
Other Details: She prefers sleeping to any other activity.

Naeomi strolled around below deck in the sleeping area. She hadn't been able to locate a roommate yet, but she planned on finding one! She didn't want to be a loner during the whole trip after all. A lot of people back at home had avoided her, thinking she was a stuck up and prudish 'no fun' Muslim girl, but she was quite the opposite. She loved partying and playing games. And unlike what others thought she didn't shun guys or hide from them, in fact she had quite a few male friends. She just wasn't allowed to date them. Well not until she was 16, because her family was pretty progressive and modern and they had just established that law when Naeomi began showing interest in guys.

Taking the steps two at a time, Naeomi went in search of a roomie.

Nils nodded "Yeah, I can understand that. having a roommate in college for four years its nice to have a room to myself." As Zoey stood next to him he couldn't help but admire her. Catching himself he quickly looked away and stretched. 'this isnt college anymore Nils, you cant be attracted to students..' He turned back around and put his casual demeanor back on so that Zoey would not see his inner turmoil. "Oh I almost forgot, may I ask what your name is?"

(@The Red Tazelwurm You're in here too~)

Zoey was caught in her thoughts as she watched the waves of the ocean crashing against the side of the boat, she nearly missed the question Nils asked her. "My name, oh gosh I am so sorry!" She laughed nervously as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Zoey Moore, Secretary of the Student Council, Co Captain of Brightmoon's Cheer and Pep squad, and the Head Coordinator of the art guild!" The girl had a steady soprano as she stuck her hand out in a proper greeting. "The Headmistress says I am required to say that. Something about having pride for who I am to Brightmoon." Smiling she maintained eye-contact with Nils. In the corner of her eye she saw movement, looking over Nils' shoulder again she saw that it was a girl. A roommate?

Waving with the hand that wasn't involved in a handshake she waved the girl down. "Hi there! Are you my roommate possibly?" Zoey was wearing a full watt smile, she was definitely one of the sweeter cheerleaders. Looking back at Nils, her smile faltered a bit. There was something disarmingly handsome about him, maybe it was the effortless casualness he had to him. Blinking she grinned once more, "Maybe my luck is changing, though it would have been nice to have the shower to myself." She winked in good nature as the other girl approached.

Last edited:
Nils shook Zoey's hand ans noticed how she actually had a firm warm grip. "Its a pleasure to meet you Zoey" Turning around he noticed the girl approaching from behind. Suddenly when the girl's hijab came into view Nils had a flashback. The smell of gunpowder, screaming, a pain in his side, the memories washed over him in a debilitating wave. Cold sweat oozed from his pores and he felt short of breath. Squeezing his eyes shut he leaned against the railing and breathed deeply.

Taking few moments he regained his composure as the new student approached. Standing back up Nils gave the girl a smile, but it was not his usual demeanor. His pale face and sickly grin were not as disarming as before.

(just as an fyi Nils isnt racist, he suffers from PTSD. So do not take his reaction as one of prejudice)

Naeomi's heart soared when the girl--a cheerleader, Naeomi thought, placing the girl's face-- called out to her. Wow! Seriously? She thought that she'd at least have to run all over the ship and get down on her knees and beg for a roomie for hours! Was it really that easy? Sweet! She thought, as she strolled over to them, her arms swinging at her sides. She glanced at the guy that was with the girl--She really needed to learn the chick's name-- and gave him a smile. He looked a little sick, maybe he got motion sickness? He also had quite a few scars, but Naeomi knew what it was like to be stared at for her 'quirks', so she didn't dwell on them.
"Well," She began in response to the girl, "possibly? I never received a roomie, but I'd like one! If you don't mind sharing your shower that is." She said, then turned to the man--Who was either a teacher or a cruise ship staff member, but considering the possible sea sickness, probably not-- "Are you feeling sick? Maybe you should eat some bread or ginger, I heard those help with seasickness." She suggested.

(It's cools ^^)
(@Rosie thanks for including me. :3)

Zoey had released Nils' hand to greet who would hopefully be her new roommate when he suddenly fell back against the railings. Worry etching itself into her expression she reached out to him, "Nils, are you alright?" She put a hand on his shoulder peering at him, before she could help him he began to regain his composure. Yanking her hand back she blushed a bit and stepped back, facing the girl who approached. She began to list a few things to help him with seasickness, Zoey smiled at her and wondered. Was that what was wrong with Nils? If that was the case, then he may have more than a few issues to deal with.

Facing the girl she smile and held a hand out to her, the obviously muslim religion of the girl not hindering Zoey's kindness a bit. She recognized that everyone was different, "My name is Zoey Moore, you are?" Then finishing her own sentence she said with a firm nod and serious expression. "You are my new roommate, your name?" Zoey smiled, glancing back at Nils, still a bit worried about his... condition. The man looked as though he had seen a ghost, or someone out to kill him. Biting at her lip she turned her shoulder slightly, "Nils, do you think you could join us for dinner? It said in the trip rules we had to have a chaperone when possible." Zoey also wanted to keep an eye on him, so she was a bit neurotic. So sue her.

((@The Red Tazelwurm : You're welcome! Can't leave you out of things~ ))

"My mother is the only person I really have in my life, I never knew my father." He tells her.

The waitress bringing the two their food on a silver tray, she sets it down onto the table, placing the plates in front of them, removing the tray she heads back to the kitchen.

"Oh hey, the foods here." she says.
"So what classes are you taking." she says softly

Xaviar looks down at the table, not really noticing that the food was here due to talking to Jacquelyn. He grabs his plate and moves it closer to him. Removing his silverware from his napkin and placing the napkin into his lap.

He looks up to her as she asks this and say, "I'm not really sure to be honest. I hear there is an astronomy class, I might go to that."

He then looks down at his plate, he ordered a steak that was medium rare, with a baked potato. Looking down at the steak he knows immediately that it is defiantly not medium rare, but he doesn't want to make a scene, so he just starts eating it casually.

Status
Not open for further replies.