Children of Royal Blood IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wonderful smell of the available lunches coming through the open door was certainly indicative of their quality. But Avani saw the girl at the doorway, as if unsure whether or not to go in, and knew it would be rude to just walk around her. With some trepidation, she lightly tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Pardon me, miss..."
Or rather, she considered the idea. But in the end, she didn't want to disturb the girl, and lunch was probably over at this point anyway. Avani made a mental note to apologize to both Raythar and Jared later as she walked back into her room.

What should I do now? Avani wondered. The best thing to do would be to apologize right now, but if that girl is still in front of the doorway, I can't just push past her. I suppose I should just wait until they come back from lunch. Up to Master Raythar's...I mean...Raythar's...um...to the Earth heir's room to wait, I suppose. Yes, that should do for now.

Avani walked to her master's room yet again, deciding that if nothing else, she could watch the hallway to ensure that potential trespassers would remain out of the sovereigns' rooms.

Charlie placed a calming hand on the young princess. "Hey Jackie, calm down hon. It's okay. You can always take it slow okay? We're not going to hurt you. You do whatever you feel comfortable okay?" She said comforting the girl. The group stumbled around and finally managed to find the training room. She flashed Jackie another reassuring smile and said "whatever you feel comfortable with" before walking over to the swords. "Hey, I can do anything you can do, and i can do it better!" She said confidently as she lifted her the skirt of her dress and tucked it up into the belt of her dress. Her legs were a bit more exposed then she would have liked but she had to deal. "On guard?" She asked as she drew a sword and pointed it at his chest.

Jared was about to make a witty reply until rendered speechless when Charolette lifted her skirt and tucked it into her belt. Albeit it provided better movement, but her legs were a little... exposed. He shook himself out of his stupor and blushed madly before prepping his sword and nodding, "Ready."

Upon saying this, he took a deep breath and began to move around Charolette, waiting for her to either strike or leave an open spot for attack. His sword stayed at chest level with him, his stance kept wider to provide a more sturdy stance.

Charlotte smirked a bit "I know I know not modest for a princess." She said while she laughed. Her eyes never leaving Jared, taking in his stance and letting her head turn before her body. Her stance stayed tight as not to leave an open spot for his strike. Her sword on the offense. He was waiting for her to strike and so she did. Striking out and hitting his sword at a nice angle with a satisfying clanking sound as metal hit metal. "Take it easy on me, I'm super out of practice" she said as her eyes traveled with his. It was almost like dancing in away, but this was much more violent.

Jackie looked to Charlie as she spoke to her and nodded slowly. She wasn't feeling overly anxious she just didn't want to seem weak. When the entered in she saw Charlie and Jared go over to one of the sparring areas and she watched for several seconds. She watched Charlie tuck her dress in and turned her head away for a second before turning back. "Know what.. I may be useless with a sword but... I think I have to get something.." She said to them before before running out of the sparring area.

She returned with two things where her hands used to be. A pair of clawed Gauntlets were on her hands and she walked back up to them before articulating her wrist. "I cant use a sword but I was trained to use these... I can use them with a bow or a gun so.. they fit my style. I also created a fighting style called the Black Widow.." She stammered out before walking over to a dummy and dragging a clawed finger down it. The dummy tore up like a hot knife through butter. "I was told they were my grand mothers.. She was a warrior princess.. then a queen so.. I do not want to know how much blood is on these gauntlets so I made sure to wash them alot." She said before jogging back over to them and watching.

She had power behind her attack that he did not expect, but he was ready nonetheless and he held against it easily. His eyes locked onto hers, his gaze just as intense. "Rule one to sword fighting" he said, spinning his sword downward so as to knock hers down and then bringing it full circle to land a fake "blow" to her head. Either she would know to block it, or his sword would stop just inches from her forhead. Either way he would say afterward, "The opponent never goes easy". He would then back up a few paces and wait for a chance to plan his next move. If there was anything close to spending time with a female, it had to be with this, it was interesting to see how ones body movement would determine the others, like they were almost connected in a sense.

Charlie's sword instantly went up to block his attack from the top. Her smirk spread across her face as she fake laughed. "Ha Ha" She glanced over quickly and nodded as she planned her next move. "that's pretty sweet Jackie! It's cool to see such a unique weapon with a lot of history, combing it with your magic is an awesome idea" She said. Her eyes never leaving Jared. She faked an attack and swung her sword the other way giving him just enough time to block it form his left hip. "Eyes on the prize" She muttered to him. There bodies moved in perfect sync with the other, watching the body moments, planning the attack, always on guard.

Jared let out a smirk and chuckled, taking a more guarded position as he began circling her again. She was obviously still very skilld, and was quite interested in seeing her when she is at her best. Perhaps he should kick it up some? He decided to attack first, seeing how she would handle an opponent physically stronger than her. He lunged and swiped to the side, knocking her sword away as he sliced the other direction, but she knew to lean back away from the swipe. She was fast, and she knew how to use it.

He began to speak now as they traded blows, "So, aside from winning, what exactly is the prize here Lottie?" he said, using her other nickname in a humored way.

Charlotte let out a laugh. "Nice try" She said as she leaned back. "If you rip my dress you're buying me a new one." She said as he circled her again. This time she stayed in place. Letting her sword turn with her head. She lunged at him again and hit his sword with another loud clank. She pondered his question for a second before replying. "Well.. What do you want if you win?" She asked him with a sweet "innocent" smile.

Jackie watched them talking to each other as they fought and she focused on the way Charlie moved. She watched her grace and smiled "You move with the grace of a true Harlequin..." She said before giggling. "I personally enjoy the dancing of close combat.. I like these as I can block a sword with them but not be encumbered by one.. I may not have to much protection but.... I can slice you up good." She said before going quiet for a bit. When a few seconds passed she looked at them "Soo... Who wants to Spar with me then.. I don't bite." She said with a big smile. She put her hand over her other and began to tap on the metal gauntlet.

"Dont you have servants to buy you dresses? Nonetheless, very well, I promise to do so if that happens." Jared said with a laugh, watching her once more. She lunged again and their swords clashed, pushing against one another. He couldnt help but blush slightly at her smile, but he smiled back and said with a wink, "As I knight I never ask for much, so let's say... we can keep the prize a secret, then if I win, you can surprise me" he said in response. He then spun his sword, in turn spinning hers, and he stepped inward right toward her in an attempt to make her lose balance.

As they turned again Charlotte laughed. It felt as if the two were engaged in a complicated dance. She smiled at Jackie and said. "Well the thing about them is if you don't defend properly a long sword could be an easy target." She looked at Jared with a mock glare. "I'll have you know I treat my servants very well, they don't buy my dresses." She said with another smirk as she turned the sword over her head again. At his request about the prize she nodded. "As you wish" She said. As he stepped towards her she backed up but stumbled on a loose piece of fabric and stumbled forward. Her sword clattering to the ground as she braced herself to fall.

Jared was about to reply to Jackie about the gauntlets before he noticed that Charolette had tripped and was falling. In an immediate reaction, he dropped his sword aside and went forward to catch her, wrapping his arms around her before she hit the ground. Before he knew it, he was holding her bridal style, one knee on the ground as he held her close, her face mere inches from his own. For a while, he could only look into her eyes, beautiful as they were, and a deep blush appeared on his face. "Uhh... y-you alright...?"

Charlotte had, in her years of fighting, a number of falls. So she was surprised when instead of hitting the ground she was instantly saved by Jared's hands around her waist. When she opened her eyes she was wrapped in his arms bridal style. Her embarrassment rendered her speechless for quite some time and by the blush on Jared's face he must have felt the same way. When he finally spoke it was stuttered and sounded like he had just been the one to fall. She replied by nodding her head, taking a few more seconds before composing herself. She laughed nervously and nodded again. "Yeah.. I'm okay. Thank you.." She said. Noticing now that there was no safe place to look. Their faces were so close she either had to look at his eyes or his lips. She lifted her eyes to look at his, as she found that the less awkward choice of the two. "I guess I can't fight in a dress huh?" She said with a light laugh. She turned her head to look at Jackie and gave her an awkward smile. "Maybe you should spar with Jared. I seem to be a bit clumsy today" She said with another gigglee.

Jackie watched Charlie fall and considered jumping to let charlie fall on top of her but let Jared be the knight in shining armor. She giggled at the two as they held each other. She then walked up and brushed her red hair out of her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "Are you two done the lovey dovy stuff? I would like a combatant.." She said but she to was blushing slightly at seeing the two. She took a step back and realized she may be interrupted a delicate moment. "Uhm... Well I guess I can wait abit for you two." she said before standing there.

With Charlie turning her down she turned on her heel and smiled at Jared "Then to you sir I challenge you." She said in a innocent sounding voice. She stepped out into the sparring area and looked at him. "I hope you can keep up.. I am kinda fast on my feet..." She said before just standing there without taking any kind of stance. To anyone looking in it would look like she was completely clueless.

It was then that Jared realized that he was still holding her. Though he couldnt lie that her eyes were very easy to be lost in. He stood back up and set her gently on her feet before taking a step back, rubbing the back of his head and still blushing. "You were still a good fighter... though next time might be better to wear something more battle ready" he said with a smile and a chuckle. He took a deep breath to stop the fluttering feeling he had in his chest, wondering why the situation had gotten him so flustered. Looking down, he had noticed that her dress tore where she had stepped on it, and made an immediate note to get her something to replace it. "Next time when you have proper attire, I would love to show you some battle techniques that I think would suit you."

Looking over at Jackie, he smiled and accepted her challenge. "Lets see what you can do with those gauntlets" he said, picking his sword back up. But upon realizing the blades were real, he looked down and knelt to the ground. Making two fists, he plunged his arms into the earth, making the solid stone seem like glass. when he pulled them out, the ground closed back up and his hands up to his forearms were covered in a layer of stone, yet moved as if it were his skin. He picked his sword back up and smiled at the flame princess.

Once Jared set her back on her feet she blushed and nodded. "I'll accept that offer then, till next time." She said picking up her sword and placing it back on the shelf. Taking a seat on the sidelines to watch and steady her racing heart beat. "Hey Jackie, Afterwards if you wanna do a little magic battling Id be up for that" She told he girl with a smirk, already knowing that her water powers would flub out her fire beats in a second. But watching the two would be interesting, that was for sure. She looked over to Raythar and wondered where Max was.

Jackie smiled at him and tilted her head as she began to walk towards him. She didn't even have her hands raised in any kind of defensive pattern. She watched him carefully as he made his arms into a earthen shield. She finally began to move a little faster before stopping in front of him. She raised her arms and watched him for any kind of opening. She was trained to strike with the speed of a spider and deliver a wound that would kill the person in minutes. She pushed that part out of her head and focused on the duel and not on killing. Without waiting for Jared to make the first move she stepped forward and balanced herself as she slashed out in a wide arc with her right handed gauntlet. She heard Charlie "Of course... Be warned.. Its not normal.." She said to leave her thinking on what she meant.

Raythar entered the training room, watching the fight between Jared and Jaklyn with interest. On the one hand, he was rooting for his cousin. Family ties and all that. On the other, if Jared managed to lose to a girl, it would mean a great opportunity for friendly ribbing. Either way, he'd enjoy it.

Damn, she was fast. Jared had just enough time to put up a guard to block the wide attack by Jackie. For a small girl, she knew how to use what her size could deliver. He used his other hand to knock away her gauntlet, then strike upward with his sword in an attempt to catch her off guard. "If your magic is anything like your fighting, it will be worth the watch." he said to her after his strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.