Children of Royal Blood IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackie watched the blow be misdirected and she scowled but kept herself more focused then she had been all the time she was around the others. With an equally fast speed she raised her left hand and gripped the incoming strike with her fully enclosed Gauntleted hand. "I can use these gauntlets to disarm people! Thank you." she thought of what to do next and it was then her training kicked in and she tried to twist her wrist and rip the blade out of his hand while keeping the point away from her to keep him from stabbing her. It wouldn't be much longer until she had to let go and try another approach. "Oh, I love elemental fighting more than I do actual fighting.. I like fighting from afar but I use my speed when up close as that is all I have.. I don't have the strength to fight a drawn out fight." She said and then blinked twice as she gave away her weakness.

Charlie laughed. "Damn Jackie! You go girl!" She said cheering on the girl. She looked over and saw Raythar and motioned to him. "Hey Raythar. Wanna sit and watch me?" The water princess asked of the earth prince. Her attention was turned back to the battle as some serious stargetic moves were being pulled. "You okay there Jared? Looks like she's burning your butt" Charlie joked from the sidelines. At the mention of elemental fighting Charlie perked up. "I can do elemental fighting all day long." She nodded in agreement.

"Charlie your input was not needed. unless it is positive" Jared said bluntly, but he looked over at her and gave a humored wink and a laugh, showing he was only joking. He was surprised to see that his attack was caught, but merely chuckled as she tried to take away his sword. He already had a death grip, and it was only enhanced when his hands are covered in stone. He merely stood there and watched as she spoke and tried to take his weapon in amusement. When she spoke of what her weakness was, he smirked, slowly turning his sword back to its original position. "That so? Well, I happen to flourish in that sense." he said with a chuckle before spinning his body inward, crouching and stepping forward to push back Jackie and put space between them. From there, he began to strike from different angles, keeping her moving in an attempt to tire her out.

Jackie watched as her attacked failed and she cursed quietly only to be pushed back. She tilted her head to the side 'Just have to get it one more time.. Ill melt it this time..' she thought to herself as she began to block each consecutive block in quick succession. Once she stepped back enough she planted her foot and when he was recoiling from a swing delivered a punch straight to his chest. She made sure none of the jagged ends of her gauntlets stuck him but only the metal parts. "Never corner a wild beast!." She called out to him. She then took the momment to spin around and begin what looked like a dance as one of her claws passed an inch from his face. She came out from the spin in a odd looking stance.

The punch was just enough to catch him off guard but not hurt him, and he was about to swing back until he stopped abruptly. What stopped him was the passing of the clawed gauntlet, a mere inch from his nose and close enough to hear it whir through the air. He took a step back and braced for anything, seeing her pose as she had finished her little dance like movement. Upon hearing her statement, he smirked "Heh, I am a tamer of wild beasts, show me what you got" he said in sportsmanlike tone of voice. He began to strike again, seeing what she would do.

Jackie smirked "Well, Even the tame beast strikes at its master." She said back playfully as she bent her body in a flexible way to dodge the attack before spinning in towards his body so she glided with her back touching his chest before moving out. She balanced herself before spinning off of one foot and slicing upwards. The strike was aimed at one of the stone covered arms to try to weaken his defenses as she began to strike with precision instead of randomly. 'Let the spider strike out... Precision..' she thought to herself. Her red hair flowed around her like silk making it seem like she was in a dance of death the way she was moving.

Charlie was watching the show, wishing she has some popcorn or something. She watched Jackie in all her grace and flexibility, dodging his every move. But Jared wouldn't give up that easily, and every time he would come back stronger. "Looks like you two are pretty equally matched.." She commented as she decided to make it a little more fun. She focused in the center and water started to form and dribble in opposite directions across the field. "Don't slip guys!" She yelled.

Her movements and flexibility in her fighting didnt look like anything he had seen before, it was different and unique, quite respectable. However she seemed to be focused on weakening him and his defense, which was a mistake on her part. Jared spent the most part of his life becoming physically strong and durable, and every time her gauntlets would strike his stone covered arms, he would merely use his element to reinforce any damage. However what she did have over him was speed, it was hard to keep up with her attacks, and more landed on him rather than being blocked. Before he knew it, he heard Charolette calling out, and realized the ground was now wet.

He laughed and said "Dammit Charlie" in a playfully annoyed fashion. He decided at this point, the sword was proving inadequate against her gauntlets, so he tossed his blade aside and put up his stone covered fists, altering the stone so the covering became thicker and more blunt, ready to fight."

Jackie looked at him then at the floor and began to giggle. "Like the Promethium burn it to a cinder." She said and concentrated as the ground around her began to get hot. The water on the floor began to slowly boil away as she raised her fists. "Not smart..." She said with a smirk before rising to her tip toes. She began to bounce back and forth on her feet before slicing out at him and taking advantage of her speed by using the water to glide across the ground.

(This next post will be the last of mine for the night.)

"I like to make things interesting!" She said giggling all the while. "oh nice move Jackie!" She said as she used the boiling water to slip and slide. But heat boils away at water making the humitdy hang thick in the air. "God admit it.. my hair will frizz up now" She complained, trying harder to concentrate on the fight in front of her

Crap crap crap crap! Jared had never fought someone so fast and light footed like this, nor had he ever went against this kind of fighting style. More of her strikes landed than were blocked, but Jared didnt back down, not even when he had a few cuts here and there. Through trying to hold his own against Jackie and keeping his balance on the wet floor, he wasnt completely surprised when his foot slid from under him and he fell back, hitting the ground with a solid thud and even hitting his head. Not too bad that it knocked him out, but it was enough to daze him for a few seconds. Finally after looking up, he chuckled and said "Seems like I lose. Your fighting style is unlike anything i have seen. I will have to learn more about it soon, until next time then?" he said, willing the shell of earth to peel from his arms as he stood back up.

Jackie watched him fall down as Charlie complained of her hair fizzing. The ground cooled as soon as Jared went down making it cool instead of warm. She looked over at Charlie "Luckily.. I am gifted with hair that is like water... its as smooth as silk no matter what I do to it.. I can style it or anything.. its weird.. come feel it. It feels like something out of a movie or book." She said as she walked over to Charlie. She then directed her attention to Jared as she walked over to Charlie "Yeah, I love it.. It is old.. very old.. I think I am the only one who uses it." she said before stopping next to charlie.

(Good night everyone.)

Charlie applauded as the fight ended. "That was awesome guys! I agree Jackie your fighting style is really unique! I can't wait to fight you myself" She said giggling. Standing up to touch the girls hair. "Oh! It does feel like water, Have you ever considered conditioning it with water conditioner? It helps with silky textures, you know so your hair does;t slip out of ponytails and stuff." She said. Her eyes looked over to Jared and she smirked at him. "Burned by a girl, Harsh"

Rose's cheeks flushed even darker when Charlotte's gaze met her own, and when the group had passed her, she felt as if she was frozen in place. However, Rose had managed to catch wind of the conversation the group was having as the passed her. Combat practice? Oh dear rose had better get her first aid kit! The petite girl ran up to her dorm, huffing and puffing as she rummaged around for the first aid kit she had brought. Aha! There it was! Rose pulled the white rolling suitcase out from under her bed before running towards the training arena.
"Miss Yamato!" she called, hurrying to the viewing area. She hardly noticed the fantastically gorgeous girl was standing less than five feet away from her.
"Miss Yamato! I heard...you intended... on practicing... combat so I brought over... the first aid kit!" Rose said, wheezing after every few words as she tried to catch her breath. Running from one side of the campus to the other while wheeling a five pound suitcase was not the wisest decision on her part.
"Is... Is anyone hurt?" she puffed, putting her hands on on her knees and sucking in deep gulps of air. It was only as she bent over to ease the burning in her lungs that she noticed a girl's legs next to Miss Yamato's, a girl's very, very bare legs. Rose's already flushed face reddened another three shades as her eyes slowly lifted to see the owner of those lovely legs was that breathtakingly beautiful girl she'd seen in the lunch room. Oh my...
Rose immediately stood up straight.
"Oh my, I am so sorry, I didn't realize you two were having a conversation, please forgive me," Rose apologized, bowing to her mistress and he mistress's companion.

"At least he wasn't burned alive." Maxwell called out from the entrance of the room. His eyes were gleaming as he took in the state of the room. "Playing with fire can be a dangerous thing." Walking in he noticed the damp floor and the rips in Charlies dress. Instead of what he would normaly act, protective, he grinned evily. "Glad to see you are having fun Lottie."

Taking a bite out of the apple still in his hands he walked up to her, inspecting her more closly. He allowed himself to grin pretending, when in reality he was looking for blood. Satisfied that she wasn't really injured he swallowed the chunk of apple. "So sad I missed all the fun, remind me Charlie never to fight a person who can control elements."

Jared looked over at her with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, "I dont base a fight on gender, only on skill. Youll get to witness hers once you get a chance to fight. Now are you going to sit there and pet her hair or help me up?" he said, holding out a hand in her direction. He was serious about Jackie's skill though, it left him to realize just how much he still needed to learn, more than just what his father knew, if he wanted to be better as a soldier.

Charlie noticed the pretty girl from before running in and her eyes lit up. "Oh, it's fine" She said with a smile to the overly cautious girl. Her eyes looked her up and down and she smiled more at the servant girl. "I promise your mistress is fine" She assured her. Suddenly looking up to the doorway where Max stood. "Ah there he is. Oh? You don't wanna fight me Maxy?" She asked with her and on her hip. "I guess you're just scared." She smirked at him and turned to Jared. Walking over to him and offering him her hand to help him up. "I guess I will" She replied.

"Charlotte Elizabeth Van Woodson." He said with a smirk, knowing she disliked her full name. He threw the apple in a bin not far from him and instead stepped into the area Lady Jaklyn had just been fighting before. Forgoing the apple he instead picked up an abandoned sword. Looking at the sword he swung it through the air in two deliberately slow strikes, testing its weight. " I do not care how long it has been. There is no chance you are going to win." He nodded toward the blade satisfied, before turning his dark brown gaze to her. A wicked sharp gleam in his eye.

With a look of awe on her soft features, Rose watched Charlotte interact with others, completely enthralled by her. Her voice, the way she held herself, her hair, everything, Rose already loved absolutely everything. She looked down at he skirt and played with the edge sheepishly, her pink ears barely covered by her hair. Rose ran her fingers across the lacy fabric that composed the topskirt of the garment. This was one of her favorite skirts she'd made. It was a lovely blush pink, just like the color of her cheeks, with a white sheer lace topskirt and at the waist was a pale blue sash, tied in a bow at the small of her back. The pockets sewn into the skirt were almost invisible, and this made up for the fact one had to lift the topskirt to access them. Rose very much liked pastels, she thought they looked rather nice on her unlike most other colors.
Rose's eyes drifted back up to watch the mysterious beauty before she shuffled a little closer to Jaklyn to whisper, "Miss Yamato?" Rose knew this was all highly inappropriate considering she herself was only a servant and Charlotte was clearly of royal blood, but she couldn't help but notice the incessant pattering in her chest or the fluttering in her gut. Rose listened to the cocky knight speak.
Charolette Elizabeth Vanhoosen... What a magnificent name for a magnificent girl.

Jared happily accepted her help and stood up "Well then I am lucky you did" he said happily, about to ask if she wanted to do anything else. But before he could, he heard the other guy, Maxwell calling her name. He couldnt help but roll his eyes at the guys statement, though he was certain Maxwell was only playing around. However, he could tell that in battle, Maxwell seemed to have a different attitude as Jared, almost polar opposite but in a way similar. He didnt know why he found it annoying, but he said nothing as he waited for Charlies response.

Status
Not open for further replies.