Children of Royal Blood IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Charlie could pull out the real Maxwell. It had been a very long time since the two had spoke. Almost long enough to forget how beautiful both Her and her sister was. A smile pushed through the mask he liked to keep on, his eyes lighting up as she complimented him so. He smiled and nodded as she introduced him and the one who called herself Lin introduced herself as well. Of course he had allready been briefed on who she was. He knew all the royalty attending, and especially took care of remembering who the sisters would be rooming with.

As the hand was offered to him he quickly extended his own to meet hers, careful not to shake her hand too roughly. "Lady Neemi It is a pleasure to meet the second in line of the Lighting Kingdom. Charlie shouldn't be so quick to boast. Since I taught her how to fight, she is probably going to be doomed in an actual fight. If anyone needed to be boasted about, it is her. This girl has been kind to me since we were both kinder-gardeners. Shes the only reason I am such an avid reader. In fact the last time I saw her was a Year ago when I snuck into her room to hang out one night."

Turning to face Charlie he quickly began speaking towards her. "My travels were fine thank you, and the security outside is fine enough. I have yet to talk to the rest of you're staff or meet you're sister, but things are good so far. Can I have someone get you anything?"

Charlie waved her hand at him. "Oh shush you flatter me to much Max." She said with a slight blush. "Oh god and the guards though you tried to rape me.. Oh god was that a situation." She rolled her eyes. "But now were here, take a seat and chill Max." She said before her eyes were turned to the other guy in the room. His eyes were glued to Lin, making Charlie think he was a servant or something to her.

Charlie looked over Maxwell, it'd been a good few months since her green eyes had laid sight on him, and he only got more handsome. "Maxy.. you look good." She whispered to him as she left Lin and the stranger to talk. "I.. missed you.." she said as her eyes everted his protective glare over her. If there was one thing she was thankful for it was Maxwell being her head of security. "I feel safer already.. knowing your protecting us."

Jaklyn jolted up out of her bed and planted her feet firmly on the ground next to her. She stood up and stretched before getting a small wind breaker out of one of her drawers and putting it on. She fixed her hair and opened her door before starting at a light Jog down the hallways and into the main Courtyard of the school. She stopped at the entrance of the courtyard and began to slowly walk as she looked at all of the flowers in full bloom. "Its kind of a wonder.. Most flowers bloom in spring but I see many kinds here blooming now instead of then." She said slowly as she referenced back to a Horticulture book she spent time reading. She eventually bumbled over to a bench in the middle of all the flowers and sat down as she began to name many of the in the area. "Finally something beautiful that I can focus my attention on.." She mumbled to herself.

Though she didn't intend for it, the mention of that time brought dark memories and even darker mood swirling in his mind. Maxwell didn't want her to know however so he kept it to himself. It was second nature to keep the emotion off his face, it wasn't hard at all to fake a smile as he stared at Charlies bright green eyes.

Upon hearing her compliment him, he nodded in acknowledgment. "An army would have a tough time getting through me before they could even touch you my lady, and may I say that a year realy can change someone as well. You are more beautiful then I remember." Adding under his breath, "Which only makes me worry about you more." He quickly continued. " I need to check on you're sister before setting my room up. Before I do, we need to make a deal. It is me not my father who is in charge of keeping you safe while you are here. There is a city not to far from here. I will take you there when ever you want, but you have to promise not to ditch the servants who follow you around. I need to know where you are. Understand Charlie?"

Logan smiled "Alright, I'll see you around" He said and waved before wondering back towards the direction of Lin's room. The school really was beautiful, whoever had designed it was a genius on decorating. When he got to the room he saw Vincent leaning against the door "Hey Vinny" He said grinning before looking over his shoulder, He saw Lin and a girl that he assumed to be her roommate, talking to another male. He walked around Vincent and into the room. "Hey Lin" He said, before turning to the others "Hello to you guys as well"

Vince grinned at Logan before following him into the dorm. It may be kind of silly, but Vince loved it when Logan called him nicknames. It always made him smile for some odd reason. He stood protectively at Logan's side, watching the two strangers interact. Well one of them was a stranger, but the other Vince recognized as one of the princesses of the water kingdom; he couldn't quite tell which one. That must make that pretentious knight her guard. After solving that mystery, Vince turned to Logan.
"Get settled in alright?" he asked, running his finger through his hair again.

Charlie nodded, her princess training coming back as new people entered the room. "I'll be fine max, you worry to much. Plus if anything happens to me, they've always got Chey." She said as she turned her head to look out the window. "Understood. I should go check on her as well.. Maybe later" she said as she turned to acknowledge the new man. That must've been Lin's twin, Logan, heir to the lightening kingdom. She quickly rose to stand and curtsy'd to him as she was taught to do, it wasn't a large curtsy, queens never were to look weak. But she did acknowledge his title and so she said "Hello Prince Logan, it's a pleasure to make your aquiantice."

The smile slipped from his mouth as he resumed his routine poker face, bowing low as the heir of the Lightning realm entered. Simply stating, "Young prince." Stepping back behind Charlie, he clasped his hands behind his back and watched the two young men for a moment, assessing them from head to foot. It took just a moment, but he doubted they would be a threat to Lady Charlette. Leaning in slight to Charlie he whispered into her ear, keeping his hand over his mouth as to not allow anyone to read his lips, all habit from years of training. "We can catch up later, enjoy your day Charlie."

With that he bowed again to the newcomers and stepped out the way he came. Nodding to the servants outside the door he quickly made his way out of this dorm and across the campus to the servant quarters. It took a moment to find his room, 208, his bags at its threshold taken here by some helpful servant. Grabbing his dark suitcase and backpack he threw the door open immediately deciding that the right side of the room would be his.

"Home sweet home." he remarked to himself. Another one of his bags were set inside the room, he took that as well to the foot of his bed as he began unpacking.

"It's quite alright, Jared. What did you need to tell us?" Jared and Raythar were more than familiar with one another from all the time they spent in the training yard. Oddly enough, Jared had given far more beatings than he had taken from his prince, which was an annoyance to Raythar's competitive side.

Logan smiled at Vince and nodded "Yep, i'm all settled in" He said and the turned to the girl in front of him. She looked familiar, thats right, she was the heir of the water kingdom. Logan had seen her a few times when their parents had gotten together to discuss things. "The pleasure is all mine Princess Charlotte" He said and bowed slightly. It wasn't a full on bow that he would of done to the queen, but it was enough. He stood back up, "You can just call me Logan, there is no real need for titles around here ya know?" He said with a small smile.

She turned slightly to hear Max's whispers and she only nodded as she watched her guard walk out the door. Her attention returned to Logan and she replied "Ah yes, it's been quite awhile. I never knew you had a twin Logan. Please call me Charlie or Lottie, I much prefer it to Charlotte." She said with a smile. "I'm not much for "proper names"" she said with a smile. "Lin I think I'm gonna go see my sister, I'll be back a little later. We should go for lunch. All of us." She flashed a smile to Logan and her roommate. She nodded her head politely at Vince. "Pleasure to meet you as well." With that she walked out the door and down the hall to find her sisters dorm.

Jaklyn leaned forward on the bench and snapped her fingers making a white flame appear on the tips of her fingers. She smiled and sat back before extending her hand and letting it dance around it. She whipped her wrist making it get bigger before clapping her hands and making it go out. She sighed and leaned back agains the chair and basked in the sunlight with her head against the edge of the bench. She lifted a hand up like she was grabbing the sun and smiled "Such a ball of fire... One day I will be like you.. a light of hope for everyone... So bright and powerful, yet subtle and content with your place among the stars.." She said poeticlly before closing her eyes and laying there.

Lin waved goodbye to her roommate, before turning towards her twin and guard. "Hey Vince!" she said, hugging him, before stepping back and looking critically at his outfit. "Is this really the best you can do?" she asked, staring at the leather jacket and torn jeans. "You're making us look bad! Well, not bad exactly, but..." she bit her lip as she searched for the right word. "Rebellious? Unprofessional? Like we don't give a shit about this place? Something like that."

She elbowed Logan in the side. "Don't you think Vince would look great in a suit and dark glasses, maybe with one of those little bluetooth earpieces?"

Logan waved goodbye to Charlie and then turned to Lin. "Uh, well, i'm sure he would look great in that but it doesn't really seem...him. If you know what i mean" He said with a soft smile, trying to keep the blush from forming. He glanced around "Plus, its not like Mom or Dad are here to yell at him or anything. As long has he does what he's supposed to do and neither of us, you know, die. He should be fine" Logan said laughing. The truth was that Logan didn't really care what Vince wore, it just didn't matter to him.

Vince hugged Lin back, patting her back in a friendly manner.
"Lin, it's called intimidation," Vince explained, "I look intimidating which is the entire point. Also I look excellent in the jeans, see?" Vince smirked and turned on his heel so Logan and Lin could take a gander at his rear in those jeans.
"And collared shirts and ties are not my thing," Vince scoffed, crossing his arms and turning back around, "besides, most of the people I've met so far have been pretty laid back for royalty." Vince shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged.
"Anyways, how are you settling in Lin?" Vince asked, changing the subject.

Lin waved her hand dismissively. "I'm fine, Logan's right. As long as we don't die." She shoved Vince playfully in the shoulder. "Show off. If there's ever some kind of fancy ball here then you are going to wear a suit. And a tie. And an earpiece. And cuff links. And fancy shoes." She stopped, realizing she was rambling.

"And you don't look that intimidating. Scowl a little more. And add some frown. Act like somebody just... drew on your sexy jeans with permanent marker."

Vince rolled his eyes.
"I'll wear a suit but it'll be a cold day in hell when I wear an earpiece," Vince scoffed, "And besides, I look good in everything so it doesn't matter what I wear." Vincent shrugged as his stomach gurgled quietly.
"On that note, I believe lunch is about to start if you two are hungry," Vince mentioned as he pulled up he sleeve to look at his watch, "Correction, lunch has started if you two are hungry." Vince was excellent at keeping time and he had already memorized both Logan and Lindsey's schedules as well as his own. He'd also devised the fastest route to each of their dorms and classrooms from wherever he might be throughout the day. Vincent may act like a carefree idiot, but he took his job very, very seriously.

Logan nodded, "I'm up for lunch, we can meet some of the other royal kids when we get down there" He said stretching. He wasn't that hungry, but then again he rarely ever was. He had gotten into the habit of being able to eat very little on account of his training that he had taken. Though neither Lin or Vince liked that very much so Logan ate whenever other people did as to not worry those around him. He glanced over at Lin "So do you wanna wait for your roommate or should be head down without her?"

Jaklyn looked down at her stomach as it growled lightly "Well... Judging by the position of the sun.. Its nearing Noon.. I sat around all morning and twiddled my thumbs... Stared at flowers and walls... Then talked to a single person the whole first half of the day. I feel like an idiot.. But I wont be a hungry idiot!" She said out loud to no one but herself. She swung her feet around and got up off of the bench and began to walk around the hall ways looking for something to eat. She finally grumbled at stood at the front entrance. "Well! Someone will eventually come along looking for something to eat.. Then I can follow them out to eat or I can follow them to something to eat." She said and crossed her arms as she began to wait. She then remembered where to go "Oh... right... I hate being absent minded over stupid things... Its in the Cafeteria.. I hope they serve a wide variety." She said out loud again.

"It's quite alright, Jared. What did you need to tell us?" Jared and Raythar were more than familiar with one another from all the time they spent in the training yard. Oddly enough, Jared had given far more beatings than he had taken from his prince, which was an annoyance to Raythar's competitive side.
Jared smiled and nodded his acknowledgement to Raythar before continuing, "It is nothing more than just a little pep talkto start the year off right" he replied with a smile. "This may be a different setting than the kingdom, and the fact we are surrounded by the royals of the neighboring kingdoms, it can even be a little intimidating. I just wanted to make sure that if any one of you need help of any way, I am here. Remember, we are kingdom of the Stone, and together, we are stronger than mountains. I will do my best to serve you, young prince, and Avani, do not think that you are out of my care. A servant is much more family to me than any outsider."

Status
Not open for further replies.