Children of Royal Blood IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raythar answered the knock at the door. "Oh, hello Avani. Nice to see you. I don't need anything taken care of, but do you have a few minutes? I just want to talk." Avani had always been one of his closer friends in the castle, willing to play when they were younger and helping him with his studies these days.

"Oh, of course! What is it?" Avani felt it should be natural to add "sir", or more appropriately, "master". On the other hand, had the two been of equal status, she might have felt comfortable calling him Raythar.

But she almost never did either; Raythar had told Avani long ago that "sir" and "master" were too formal unless the two were in public, and she felt that calling him by name was simply far too untoward for a servant, no matter how alone they may be. As such, Avani did her best to avoid names and titles altogether when speaking to Raythar.

Logan was just about to head down the stairs which would take him to the front from where he could get to Lin's room when he heard knocking on a door behind him. He turned slightly, mostly to check who was behind, for a heir could never be too careful, when he spotted his trusty servant Dalton. "Hey!" He called over to him. He walked towards and smiled. "Did you find your room alright and everything? I was just getting ready to go find Lin if you want to come along" He finished but he had a feeling he already knew his answer, a servant usually didn't want to leave his masters side, thought Logan didn't really consider himself a master in anything.

"Are you comfortable in your room? I know you very well, Avani. You're the kind of person that would work yourself to exhaustion without thinking of your own needs. I don't want you to do that here." Raythar frowned a little bit internally. This wasn't the sort of thing a prince should be saying to a servant, and he never felt comfortable putting himself above others. It was a way to remind himself that he had a duty to his people, just as they had a duty to him.

"Yes, I'm fine." Not that Avani would necessarily tell him if things became hard to handle, but orders were orders, and she would do her best to follow them. Besides, how would she be able to do her job if she did not occasionally give herself a short break?

"And you? How are you doing?" She felt like asking a few more questions, but she decided she'd get to them if time permitted. For now, this was the most important question.

Jared looked up at the pristine looking academy after saying his goodbyes to his father. He didnt really want to be here, much rather being in the training grounds of the kingdom, but his father wanted him to have his education as well as his training. Plus, his cousin Raythar was here, and someone needed to keep an eye on the young heir. With a sigh, he tightened the strap on his bag and set forward, the bronze golum on his chest piece glinting in the sun. Aside from that, there wasnt much in the looks of armor on him, considering this was his more casual look. He kept on his robe, as well as his shin guards and wrist gauntlets, but the rest was in his bag, aside from his battle hammer which hung behind his back. He figured he would go on and find his room to settle in before looking for his cousin, at least get rid of the bag so it no longer bothered him. He made his way to the front desk area where he got his room number and key, making his way to room 202. Realizing it was unlocked, he walked in and realized his roommate had already settled in, but was gone for the time being. He shrugged and set down his bag, sitting on his new bed for a bit to rest his legs before deciding to get up and walk up to the next floor where Raythar was at. Upon making it close to the room, he spotted a familiar servant and his cousin, he called out "Avani! Raythar!" he did not feel strange about calling his cousin by his name when not in the general public, they were family after all.

Lin nodded, trying to look like she understood, though she didn't really. She supposed that was one of the things only a person in the same situation could comprehend. "I'm a junior too!" she said excitedly, jumping on the change of subject. "Maybe we'll have classes together!" She bounced up and down excitedly on the soft mattress, hugging a pillow to her chest.

Maxwell Tetrial, was the last of the Water Kingdoms students to arrive on campus. He was held up by a briefing he had to sit through by the head of security of the royal family aka his father. A relationship that was far far far from normal. He had been training for this assignment for months. Since his father was in charge of keeping the King and Queen alive he could not be here to over see the safety of the heirs. So for the first time, Maxwell was going to have a taste of what his future holds, he would be head of the staff and security that protected The heirs.

Out of sight from anyone he allowed a moment to let his feelings reach the surface, he outwardly groaned, not content with this problem. Because in order to protect them he had to go to high school, something foreign and strange to the young man. Not minutes before he was briefed on the other royal families that would be on campus, the possible threats that could occur and his duties of head staff. It was these responsibility in mind that he did not waste another moment on self indulgences. Straightening his tie, he rushed off toward the girls dorm.

The closer he got the brighter his outlook became on the whole situation, though the circumstances were far from ideal, it was a good chance to catch up with the young girls. The heirs were realy the only people he could come close to calling friends. Entering the building he quickly charged up the closest set of stairs, puasing at the door to the hallway once he reached his intended floor. Letting out a deep breath, he calmed his heart and threw on the poker face his face wore so well. Finaly ready he entered the hallway and made to the heirs room. Standing at attention in her doorway he called out to her.

"Lady Charlotte?"

Jaklyn looked up at the man who had charged his way up and the steps and blinked twice. She couldn't help but smirk "Woah, Calm down there Mr. Knight in shineing armor... They are all fine.. I have been sitting in this hall way for like an hour now and no one has come and gone.. By the way, I am Jaklyn Yamato.. 2nd to the throne of the fire kingdom." She said before looking up at him again "You also look abit formal for all this... Are you royalty? Ohhhhhhhh I know who you are.. Kinda like my guards back at the castle... You are Special Service.. Well I am happy to extend my greetings to you of course... I honestly don't know where my brother is and you probably aren't listening to me... Jeeze.. I feel like a loner here.. Its kinda nice." She said before resting her head back on the wall in the Girls dormitory Hall way.

Maxwell doesn't usually run past people without saying hello, but when he does it's royalty. Her voice had stopped him halfway up the next flight of stairs. Puasing between breaths he soundlessly cursed his carelessness. She had introduced herself to his fleeting person as the second in line to the Fire kingdom, almost like it didn't matter. Maxwell knew better, if she had ordered his head to be served to her medium rare, an army would jump to follow through.

He quickly turned on a heel, returning down stairs with his hannds clasped behind his back. He adressed her as soon as she came back within sight. " My family has been portecting the water Kingdoms royal line since their rise in power. The Secret service wish they were as prestigious." With a slight bow he added, "My name lady Jaklyn is Maxwell Tetrial I am acting head of staff for the Heirs of the Water Kingdom ma'm."

Jaklyn stood as he approached and bowed to him "No need to act so formal. I understand your place and I highly respect that. My mother doesn't deem it fit to send a guard with my brother or I. We can easily handle ourselves in a fight.. But I guess it would be nice to have a guard around wouldn't it.... I honestly would find it obnoxious but you seem like you have your art down to a science. Yes, War like you and I know is an art and I myself have pursued the way of mastering it. I don't believe in it but in today's world.. a girl has to protect herself. I was never good at Blades.. I took to Archery and guns.. Personally I find them more interesting." She continued on before extending a hand to him in a friendly gesture. "You are the first person who actually stopped... I thank you for that honestly... I kinda go crazy when left to my own occurred and normally get hurt... I am rather clumsy." She finished.

Maxwell aloud a small small to form on his lips before he continued with the conversation. "You're parents must also know that there are armed guards patrolling the outskirts of this compound day and night and that there is another armory within the main building in case there was danger. Clumsy or not, I wouldn't want to be within ten feet of you when you decide you need to protect yourself. I am not really needed here, as you are here to gain control of the powers gifted to you from birth, I am here for some on the job training."

His pasture had slacked slightly as he spoke to her, eventualy extending a hand to hers, giving it two short pumps before releasing it. "I am glad to have the chance to speak, anything you need help with don't hesitate to come and ask, If you find the Heirs I am somewhere behind them. As long as it doesn't interfere with their portection I will be happy to help you. Have a good evening Miss Jaklyn." With that he once again turned on a heal and marched back up the stairs, eventually finding his was to the room of one Lady Charlotte. Standing at attention at her threshold, he withheld entering without expressed permission of her grace.

"Lady Charlotte, Its Maxwell. Have you found everything accommodating?"

Charlie was busy squealing in her room with Lin. "oh that would be so cool!" She agreed excitedly. "Here I'll find my schedule!" She said as she began to dig though the bag of school papers on her chair. Just as she was about to pull out her scedule there was a knock at the door. Her posture straightened almost instantly and she recongized the voice. Her heels clattered against the hard wood floor as she opened the door to her security guard. "Oh maxwell, please come in. How was your travels? Everything met your standards I hope?" She asked as she opened the door to him. "Oh maxwell, I would like to introduce you to Lindsey, princess of the lightening kingdom." As she closed the door her manners subsided and she walked back to the bed. "Max, meet Lin. Lin, this is max, head of security. And my best friend" she said with a smile towards max. The two had always gotten a long well and maxwell had even taught Charlotte all about sword fighting and horse back riding. "He even gave me the nickname Charlie" she said with a goofy smile.

Jaklyn waved to him as he went up the steps and sighed "Well... it looks like it is back to sleeping again.. Or mumbling, singing or somthing to keep my busy.." She said before standing and walking over to her door. She opened it and left it open before walking over to a large crate she pushed under her bed and pulled it out. She input a finger into the locking mechanism allowing it to read her finger print before a hiss was heard and it opened. Inside was a suit of Dragonskin Rating V- Protection and beside it a broken down SMG and a pistol. She tilted her head and smirked slightly "Oh yes... I enjoy the martial skill of guns." She said before shutting it once again and pushing it under her bed. "That's for a rainy day.. One that will never come.. Or I hope never comes.. It wont help to teach myself more about it.. I want to get as skill with it as I am archery.. A long way to go in that way.. I would rather rely on my magic as.. I can control it better than a bullet that can end someones life in an instant." she mumbled to herself before staring up at the ceiling "Jeeze... Its only myself from the Fire kingdom here right now and it sucks! No one to talk to.. I am going to go mad.." She continued to talk to herself. "Its already begun.. At least I am not responding to myself." She continued before lifting her feet up and dangling them in the air.

A wide smile crossed Lin's already happy face. "That's your bodyguard?" she said turning towards Charlie. "Wow," she added appreciatively. "I wish my guards looked like that."

Her mind was already working furiously as she smiled at him. Would he look cuter with me or Logan? I think Logan. Hmm, I wonder if this guy swings that way. What did Charlie say his name was? Max? Oh my gosh, they would be so adorable together! Whoa calm down Lin, don't get ahead of yourself. He might already have a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend. You need to figure that out, but don't make it sound weird. Don't want him getting the wrong idea. I wonder what Logan would think of him? Meh, this guy's hot, even my brother will be able to appreciate from his tiny window in the closet. Wait, am I just sitting here staring at him like an idiot? Focus, Lin, focus.

She hopped off the bed. "Nice to meet you!" she told him as she stuck out her hand.

Avani jumped slightly at the knight's sudden interruption. "Ah, hello, Sir Jared." She felt more comfortable calling Jared "sir" because it was his actual title as a knight. "It's a pleasant surprise to see you here. I'll, er, be on my way so I don't bother you two, sir."

Avani began walking back to her room, somewhat embarrassed with herself for distracting Raythar. She was lucky that it had been someone they both knew. It could've been one of the other heirs, or one of the school administrators. Had she been caught talking so casually to her master, something very worrisome could have happened.

Vince had just finished exploring the school, making sure he knew every hallway in case something happened. After he had completed his analysis, he headed up to the girls' dorms to make sure Lindsey had settled in. He was quite surprised to find the door open and some guy in the dorm.
"Yo, Lin... Everything good?" he asked, casting a scrupulous glance at the other male. Was this guy wearing armor? He must be a knight or a guard... A very pretentious one at that. Vincent raked his fingers through his hair, leaning against the doorway. Vince was the embodiment of cool. Leather jacket, ripped jeans, combat boots, he fit the bad boy look to a tee. A very attractive tee. A tee that was so attractive it could be a model. Lin didn't know what she was talking about when she said she wished her guards looked like that because damn that boy was smoking.

Jared smiled at Avani's greeting, though being called 'sir' still wasnt quite mandatory. He saw young Avani as a little sister, seeing her grow up with his cousin Raythar. Whenever he was not training, he would usually task himself with watching over the young ones as they played, and to be quite honest he enjoyed spending that time with the two. Granted they were younger, but Raythar was family, and Avani... well she might as well be family too. "Avani, you dont have to go so soon, if you were speaking with my cousin then by all means speak with him. We dont have anywhere to be at the exact moment, and I wanted to be able to address the two of you while I had the chance"

"Oh, well, okay," Avani had not spent nearly as much time with Jared as she had with Raythar due to Jared's training, but the two of them had maintained a form of closeness nonetheless. "If it is all right with the both of you, I would have no problem with you joining the conversation, Sir Jared."

"But may I suggest that we talk inside the room?" Any chance that Avani could get to avoid eavesdroppers was a chance worth taking. Raythar's and Jared's reputations (which were naturally important for royalty to keep intact) could potentially be at stake.

Last edited by a moderator:
"yeah everything is pretty great so far my room is nice and cozy and everything is pretty good so far" his hair slowly turned yellow and he laughed "I forgot about that..." he smiled and looked around "yeah I think I'm gonna explore the school get used to it you know so I won't have to worry OK? and if you need anything my room number is 202" he walked off happily and wandered the school meeting some new people

Status
Not open for further replies.