Celestial Avians

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Are you suggesting my constellation is modern? Gemini dates back to greek mythology, which predates Roman constellations. I was merely going off the idea of latin class.

And as i said before she would be a baddie which is why she isn't Avian. Clearly in response I'm waiting for Dovah. If the concern is that approval of my character sets a modernistic precident based on our zodiac I'm willing to work things out. But the snake constellation to me was questionable because I never in all my classics/myth training (i have a BA in it) heard the story of a snake constellation so that seems modern to me.

So what are we going to do?

If it pleases...any one ever hear of the snake deity of knossos?

No, he wasn't saying the Gemini zodiac was modern. He was stating the natural nature of the bird and snake being enemies, that's all; which was why incorporating the snake constellation within an RP about bird constellations seemed more appropriate and why we all jumped at it.

You do have the right idea about using a constellation that is not an Avian, which is what Phaz was getting at in the first place, using a real, believable enemy of birds, like the snake, makes more sense. That's all that he had suggested, which we have already been cleared to do.

Both the snake and the snake bearer constellations are known out there. The Ophiuchus is a Greek constellation sitting on the celestial equator, and I believe Serpens sits in the Northern Hemisphere. Now, I have knowledge of the Chthonic Snake Goddess of the Minoans, and again I do say this is definitely a decision for the GM, but you're now throwing in something that is clearly not connected to the ideas that she created with the use of the constellations. Honestly, my opinion is to keep twist and lovely little story building tricks within the vision of the GM. To throw in something out-of-the-blue makes for a great story to read, but if it makes no sense within the whole concept of the story then it only created a big pile of bird poo.

But again, Dovah might want to stretch beyond her original vision and try to toss a few Minoans in the salad. Who knows? Well, she does.... And when she gets here, eventually, we all will know. :)

Where i was going with the cthonic worship seemed in parameter given the whole snake idea. But i haven't heard yet what yall were doing with it. All i got is 2 sticks to rub here while you guys are sitting with indoor heating. I'm trying to work with you folks.

I'm willing to do the whole snake tatoo thing...by the way, besides kids finding out they have tatoos what exactly IS the plot here?

Where i was heading was children of cthonic cult manipulated into evil because the cult believes bird children hinder their goals...as per character prejistory: ie every avian's parents or ancestor fought with serpenti

constructive thoughts?

I've got no thoughts myself other than waiting for Dovah to say yay or nay to it all. until then, my lips are silent or errr fingers.

Ahahaah Phi nice pun with bird poo, laughed really hard at that

Reactions: 1 person
The main plot is a simple one - teens with mysterious tattoos are sent to a exclusive school for their studies. Unknown to them, the school knows everything about them - proven by the murals of their constellations on the ceilings of their rooms. They are different, and they don't know why they are, or why they are at this school; but soon they will.

I believe Dovah's idea here was that the administrators of the school are a part of the Celestial Avian thing, and are the ones who will "teach" this motley crew about who and what they are, and what their purpose at this school, and on earth, is. I'm not sure if that's exactly her thoughts, but based off of her plot, and how these sort of RPs tend to run, that would seem the route. But, she'll let us know this.

Now, the concept of the antagonist we've been developing a person or a group who have a natural hatred for these special students, these "reincarnations of the Celestial Avians", you can say. We've been cleared to work with the snake and the snake bearer constellations, and were going to work on concepts for them. I believe Phaz had that golden idea covered.

There's a reason why the antagonists want the Avians destroyed, to be eliminated from the world. That is the portion we have not developed just yet; and, of course, suggestions and ideas will come a plenty. But mainly, as the Avians begin to learn just how special they really are, they're going to also learn just how dangerous it is to be them. I believe, this is somewhat what Dovah had in mind with her vision here.

Now, you've just mentioned your ideas on using Knossos, and the idea of developing a deeper background story that connects everything together in the end, giving the group a bigger purpose towards the end, is a good idea. We can develop this within her vision, yes. But, again, let's wait for her to get here, catch up on all the discussions, and decide first about your charrie. Then, once that's squared away, we can all work together on plot concepts and background.

Yes, hmm character . Ill work on that. As towards that deeper background...this being a think session- nothing in stone- reincarnation here? What is the purpose of the avian's existance though ?

Yes, hmm character . Ill work on that. As towards that deeper background...this being a think session- nothing in stone- reincarnation here? What is the purpose of the avian's existance though ?

Currently i dont think any of us really know other than the GM Dovah.

Wouldn't it be something one should know: why is my character here? Just because the character shouldn't know doesn't mean you shouldn't

Wouldn't it be something one should know: why is my character here? Just because the character shouldn't know doesn't mean you shouldn't

Honestly to me in my personal preference and opinion I dont care to know, I like to learn the mystery to as of why was my character asked to come here through rping with others. it allows for twists and turns that one may have never even thought about and working off the ability of all the brilliant writers in the rp as well.

but that is just me. I rarely think too much on plots, i go with the flow and see what the outcome is

Erm, sorry, are you still accepting people? Every bird seems to be taken, but the tag for this thread said 'join this anytime', so I wasn't quite sure if multiple people could have similar tattoos of the same bird or not.

Erm, sorry, are you still accepting people? Every bird seems to be taken, but the tag for this thread said 'join this anytime', so I wasn't quite sure if multiple people could have similar tattoos of the same bird or not.

Yup Dovah is still accepting, and every bird has a male and female version, which i think every bird has a female except for Eagle and now Crow/Raven has both.

And engenue if you don't get a bird join my team...the sharks...i mean the snakes

Name: Aiden
Bird: Peacock

Appearance: Beautiful, tall and slender, moderately pale, freckles across aquiline nose. Dark brown curls that sometimes shine reddish in sunlight. Mischievous smile. Heterochromia-- right eye hazel, left eye grey-green, ring of brown around the pupil. Wiry sort of build. Has the musculature of an acrobat. His metabolism runs too quickly for him to have much fat, but he does retain the muscle. Ears pierced.

Tattoo location: Upper back. It's rather big. The head and neck of the peacock are on the back of his neck, partially hidden by his hair. The wings spread over his shoulders, and the tail feathers trace down his spine. When he raises his arms, the peacock appears to be in flight.

Personality: Sociable, clever, very adaptable, quite cavalier. Occasionally reckless. Much enthusiasm for adventures. Sees the world a little differently from the norm, thinks outside the box. Clever, mischievous, charismatic, and a little cocky. Expressive; gestures with his hands as he speaks. Likes having fun. A bit of a flirt, but a polite one.

History: His father is an international businessman; his mother works in the world of fashion. From a young age, he'd be left at home with nannies, tutors and/or babysitters while his parents flew all over the world for their work, never giving much more than a moment's thought to their only son, though they spared no expense in making sure he was well cared for (probably out of guilt). Because of this, he became independent very young, always preferring to do things his own way. He chose this school himself. When his parents requested that he go to a boarding school, he took every school on their list, and, since he wasn't much bothered about which one he went to, pinpointed them on a map, hung up the map, blindfolded himself, and threw darts at it until he hit one.

Dislikes: People who try to direct his life, obnoxious people, cucumbers, being bored.

Abilities: Can shift into a peacock and hold it for ten minutes, fifteen if he really concentrates on it. Can also shift partially, but it's more difficult for him.
Can inject a certain aura into his voice, enchanting those who listen to it and making them more amenable to his wishes.
[WIP]

Combat type: Revolves around parkour and tricking, the latter of which involves highly elaborate flips and spins with which he distracts his opponents before sending them flying with a powerful kick. He has a pair of daggers, each as long as his forearms. He's also a good strategist, but does best when making plans on the spur of the moment.
Generally, though, he'd much prefer to talk his way out of situations.

Other info: During parts of middle school, he modelled for some of his mother's shoots. He also paints with some degree of skill.
His wardrobe is generally quite flashy, especially if it's a formal occasion, but he pulls it off beautifully.

Oh ho, GeekOut's already posted a male crane.

Oops, I hadn't noticed, I'm sorry. >~>
What characters aren't taken?

Oops, I hadn't noticed, I'm sorry. >~>
What characters aren't taken?

Male: Dove - Birds of Paradise - Cyngus - Toucan - Peacock (though i do believe the female version is now open too for this bird)
Female: Eagle and possibly Peacock

[MENTION=2078]ingenue[/MENTION] : I really like your character skeleton. Do you think you could stretch-pinch-edge it to be a dove or a swan? Yea or nay isn't up to me, but I'd hate to see a character go to waste.

So true, GeekOut. Hopefully, it won't be too hard for you to tweak it for another bird, ingenue.