Celestial Avians

What is the purpose of the avian's existence though?

I believe Phaz had brought up the idea of immortality - the reason why The Ophiuchus is attempting to destroy the Avians.

Therefore, what is the reason why The Ophiuchus wishes to kill off the Avians?
Will they gain immortality if the Avians are gone? Or, will their immortality stretch further if they take the power of the Avians?
What in the world will The Ophiuchus Society gain from the removal of these Constellations from the heavens?

OOooo, will the Constellation's deaths on earth remove their heavenly presence from the night sky? There's a thought there!!! (BRAINSTORMING)

Phaz, what was your initial thought about the Snake Bearers and their purpose and tricks?

Since Dovah has already approved the idea, we can possibly stretch grey matter here and get some thoughts brewing to present to her when she returns. If needed, I'll summarize everything for her convenience to make the brainstorm discussions easier for her to read through.

Oh, and I'm going to build a male charrie for the Peacock. I already have one developed for a story, so I'll just tweak him for this RP. That'll help our numbers.

Here's our list so far. Hope this help us see where we're all at:

Birds

Bird of Paradise - Shai'ahn (F) and
Eagle - Eamon (M) and
Dove - Dwiirok (F) and [Danial (M)]
Crow/Raven - Raonaid (F) and [Grimm (M)]
Crane – Cameron (F) and Caelestinus (M)
Peacock - [Aiden (M)] and Peranawi (F) - Peacock
Swan - Svenja (Sen) (F) and
Toucan – Tashanee (F) and

Antagonist Concept Characters

Serpens – [Geneva (F)]
Ophiucus (Leader of the Organization) - Orestes (M) - Snake
[New Charries for Acceptation]

enyverses: Geneva (F) – Neutral and Orestes (M) - Snake
Doctor who?: Grimm (M) - Raven
Phi Chisym: Danial (M) - Dove
ingenue: Aiden (M) - Peacock
GeekOut: Caelestinus (M) - Crane
IceChateau777: Peranawi (F) - Peacock

Roommates

Student/Bird
Roommate/Bird
Eamon/Eagle - Male
Shai'ahn/BOParadise - FemaleSvenja/Swan - Female
Dwiirok/Dove - FemaleRaonaid/Raven - Female
Cameron/Crane - FemaleTashanee/Toucan - Female

<tbody>
</tbody>

Oh snap no heavenly stars if they wipe out the avians! Scary!!!!

The Male peacock character is taken too? >< Eep, retweaking profile.

So much to do. When i get to starbucks there will be feathers fluttering

@ingenue: No, you have first dibs. I'll turn Katashi into something else, K. You take the Peacock.

I'll cover the male dove then. :)

Are you sure? I don't wish to be a bother or anything. ><

@ingenue: No, you have first dibs. I'll turn Katashi into something else, K. You take the Peacock.

I'll cover the male dove then. :)

I'll stand here and look pretty while striking a superman pose

Are you sure? I don't wish to be a bother or anything. ><

Your not a bother or nuttin purdy gal, come join us and take up Peacock. Phi is uber sweet and understanding, so trust her when she says go for it

No, you're fine. I just came up with the idea of adding him in. You already have a charrie up with only an edit to do. So, you're ahead of me. No biggie.

Just get him set up so Dovah has more to do when she gets back. LOL!

My thoughts on why the snake organization would be after the avians revolved around the powers of the constellations, and more specifically their tattoos. I thought through some magical process that they might seek to remove and absorb the tattoos from the bodies of the avians, thereby stripping them of their powers.

Phi Chysm: I like the idea of the actual constellations being affected. Consuming stars seems like as good a way to obtain immortality as any.

enyverses bringing up the chthonic cults also made me think we should incorporate that element as well. The backstory for the organization could revolve around them dating back to the period when humanity widely worshipped a Mother in the earth rather than a Father in the sky. In fact, that could be part of the reason that the organization is opposed to the avians: that they are seeking to snuff out the constellations placed in the sky by the Greco-Roman dieties that they predate.

Anyone's thoughts on this are welcome.

Name: Orestes of Mycenae
Sign: Ophiucus (snake)
Appearance: Tall, lithe and the picture of someone who spent their life in exile. He had dark hair and eyes.
Tattoo location: ouroboros around his wrist
Personality: He is often angry and cautious of caution. He is always suspicious of other's motives. He can be very manipulative, but he is loyal to his friends. He is also very rash in nature.
History: Born to the ruler of his homeland, he was birthed into the house of troubles. His grandfather dared to entreat the original avian spirits to eat of his son. His father murdered his youngest sister (2 points if you know her name and why), or so he was told; and his mother murdered her husband. His other sister went insane after she helped Orestes kill their mother. As a result she committed suicide. For these reasons Orestes and those of his homeland hate the avians and their descendants.
Dislikes: The avians, augers, cold, the oceans, the Eumenides
Combat type: Wrestling, fighting and swords
Abilities: Due to his lithe nature he can slip in and out of small spaces easily. He can also conjure the Ouroboros on his wrist making it a real snake which he can control.
Other info: He is immune to most poisons except one, which ironically causes mortality—which was stolen from men by a serpent.

If youll notice here the reason why he hates, and his people hate, the avians. They are Mother worshipers

I thought the Ophiucus is the organization and the Serpens is the tattoos on the person?

I wish to join. NAO!

I thought the Ophiucus is the organization and the Serpens is the tattoos on the person?

? Dont know really. I thought Ophiucus was the name of the constellation...could you have both the Ophiucus tatoo and organization? Of which Orestes becomes apart?

Well, as mentioned before, we were working on an idea with both the constellations of the Serpen and the Ophiucus.

The snake (Serpen) will be the tattoo, and the snake bearer (The Ophiucus) is the organization against the Avians.

@Phaz: You and Eny should work some thoughts together on those two ideas and see what you guys can present to Dovah on that. It will begin that major jump on a purpose.

And I'm throwing this out, but if we're working with two members for each Avian, we should do the same for the Snake as well. What do you guys thing? If Dovah goes with it, then it will be two members working for The Ophiucus.

Hey Phaz, just a thought, who's the main Antag, the person who is the "actual snake bearer", the leader of all the Serpens controlling The Ophiucus?

@IceChateau777
Dovan is still taking players. Look on Post #122 on this page. There's an updated list of all who is involved and the open spaces.

Can I be an owl?

My original thought was that there would be two characters. The one with the Ophiucus tattoo would be the main antagonist, but the character with the Serpens tattoo would be the one who actually infiltrated the school and interacted the most with the avians. You guys are free to take it in another direction if you wish, though.