Celestial Avians (Signup and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps make it that some powers are too strong for him to disable?

And perhaps also allow him to disable and enable it at will unless he's crippled/badly inured?

While I understand where you're coming from I still have hesitance in changing him. Like the owner said in battle he may render someone useless and I wouldn't want that but a battle with someone trying to attack him? That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Keith is a mellow out of his mind soul that would rather charm than attack someone. I understand this is a superhuman roleplay though why is being human around him a bad thing? It's not as if he'll leave you gasping for breath but really you just for once in your life feel normal. No Empathy/mind reading to cheat and see what's wrong with him, no trying to change his mind, no finding him when he doesn't want to be found. Honestly the way I see this power it's just a big be normal around me and leave me alone thing. He's not going to be taunting people by taking their ability away on purpose or not warning the people around him once he knows they have abilities. For all he knows just like the plot states they all came to this school unaware there are others like them. He thinks all he has is blood manipulation honestly he's not even aware he has this power cancellation. Yes, I agree with you though, once he does become away of this cancellation ability of his he could probably suppress it with some help so he doesn't leave everyone around him powerless thinking it was something they ate that made their abilities go away. Maybe once he does become aware of his abilities who ever does help him could say "hey dude shits going to hit the fan and when that happens don't be anywhere near me or put a cap on those abilities at least."

Reactions: Whirlwind
There are options here that can clear this up reasonably. In all honestly, we all are quite aware of the overpower fear in RPing - having a person with a strong charrie who takes advantage of this within the story. I don't believe Dreamthief will be that type of Rper, but if others feel his charrie is too strong, there's ways to manage this without going into changing a person's charrie. Really, within this story all of the charries will be growing and developing their skills - they all will end up being rather powerful soon enough. But we all have some pros and cons for our powers, in order to make it far at the beginning, as well as to show progressing within their development.

But to avoid problems from the start, there is the Dice Throw app on here that can help determine just how strong his charrie's ability behaves at a given time. But then, there's always that simple act of one Player chatting with another about their planned actions and how far they're allowed to go with it. The other party can decide if they want their charrie slightly rendered of their abilities for a moment, or not. They can decide together before posting. There's a happy medium around here somewhere....

All in all, this is something for the GM to decide once she returns. If she has already approved Dreamthief's charrie, then all is done. Her word is Law. If you still are uncomfortable about this, then send her a Three-Way PM and discuss it with her privately rather than filling her OOC thread with this debate. It's just a nice thing to do, for we don't want to make other Players participating here feel uncomfortable about this situation. Having to watch it can turn people off from participating in her RP - just saying. I've seen it happen before - for the very same RP, no less. It's just more respectable for you two to discuss it privately with her.

• Thank You
Reactions: dreamthief
Honestly, I don't see too much of a problem with the ability. There are ways to counter it, and it only works within a five foot radius. If you just pass him in the hall it wouldn't really affect you, and if you move in and out of the 'bubble' in combat, it shouldn't do too much damage. If you really want it changed, I ask you to PM me about it so we can discuss it there.

When do you expect we'll start with the story?

I was hoping we could start the roleplay today and begin the story relatively soon after that. I wanna start the story as soon as possible without forcing it.

That sounds good. A basic intro to the characters entering the school system.
Characters can be paired up in their rooms and given their class schedules.
I'm not sure if you still want to make the class options or we can just choose for ourselves.
Characters obviously in the same grade will have to have at least one or two classes where
they see each other.

Are all of out characters new to the school?
Should we make a dorm mom/dad or would that be too much?

All of the characters are new, yes.
A dorm mom/dad is fine. I don't mind having one for each dorm. Whoever wants to do those can :P

I was thinking we could have a RNG determine dormmates. If you guys would rather choose that's fine too, but a RNG would spice things up a bit.
As for classes, whichever option is best with you guys. I want there to be freedom of choice for classes, personally. I will say that no matter what, each character must always be enrolled in at least one core class (math, science, English, or history).

I call DormMom! :D I'll get a small temp for her soon.

Also, like the idea on the classes - the four cores and one elective? You don't want too many little things like that to confuse everyone.

And, cause I'm a ditz, what's RNG? You're saying we go ahead and choose the students our charrie will room with like now, or within the RP? That will definitely made it interesting, especially if you're planning on what I think you are?

RNG is random number generator. I was thinking list the characters by gender (ex: 1 Soule, 2 Jory, 3 Keith, and then 1 Selene, 2 Kenna, 3 Philomena, etc) and then randomly generate two numbers from each list until everyone was paired off. If the genders are uneven, we can either have one group of three per gender or a co-ed room. I was hoping on planning the roommates and the classes before the RP, then the students all get a sheet when they arrive (arrival is the day before school starts).

For classes, there will be four cores and six electives to choose from. Students enrolled before arrival, so the sheet will be what they wanted to take (unless classes were full). There are five classes per semester and can be made of any number of cores and electives so long as they are enrolled in at least one core.

Phi got dorm mom, who wants dorm dad?

Finished!
Character Name: Caelus Streltsov

Constellation: Tucana

Physical Description or Image:
tumblr_ltgfd3aC5g1qblnby.png

Orientation: Bisexual. Leans towards woman.

Brief Personality: Easily known to be the person who sleeps through portions of her classes and still passes the class with an A+ through her dedication. Caelus spends the majority of her time doing work for her classes or sleeping to release the mental pressure in her head when awake. She's polite to practically everyone in an attempt to observe others due to her initial mistrusts, but warms up to people if criteria is met, though holds a great deal of loyalty towards her circle of friends. Usually very neat and capable when the situation calls for her to step up. When she has the energy, which is extremely rare due to her abilities, Caelus tends to be playful and flirts with people though can easily slip on an impassive mask. She doesn't try to do much and has resigned herself to not bother with a lot of things, because of that Caelus is one of the calmest people you'll meet. As long as no one interferes with her sleep.

Ability One: Fragmentation
Caelus is capable of manipulating fragments, which are in the shape of rhombus about the size of two quarters, that act as the components of materials. For example if she broke a wooden door into fragments, Caelus would gain the fragments of the wood used, of the doorknob, of the metal hinges, and of anything embedded inside of the door. The ability mentally pushes for her to understand a fragment's usages possible at her level, it isn't the nicest of feelings to have after using your ability. A weakness that Caelus has is she can do living things, like plants, but fleshy components is a no no. Another weakness is that the bigger something is the longer it takes to break down and the more will she has to put in. WARNING: The Fragments are extremely sharp, don't try to touch them.

Ability Two: Reconstruction
This goes hand in hand with the first but instead of simply breaking things down, this ability allows Caelus to construct items as long as she has the basic and necessary knowledge to actually recreate it through her fragments. A weakness for this is that it requires more strength mentally which leads to Caelus' exhaustion at sporadic times a day. Another weakness is once she reconstructs something, she has to triple her efforts in breaking it down again. Ability 1 & 2 are one of the reasons she is seen constantly sleeping.

Ability Three: Gateways
Her most used ability as it puts the least amount of stress on Caelus and because it works as transportation and as a hammer space. It's really just her bringing forth doorways through to a vast and empty plain, allowing her to store the fragments or things that she's collected or reconstructed. The least amount of time to bring forth a gate is fourteen seconds and at most it can be a minute and a half or so. The weakness to the gates is they can't take large groups, there is a five people excluding Caelus limit, or large items like a cabinet, a oversized couch, or a grand piano.

Other: Her tattoo is located on the back of her neck and ending at a bit passed her shoulders but it's hard to see past her hair.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted, InfinitExel c:

If anyone has any more constellations we can use, I'd like to know ;v; There are some other people who want to join and I'd like to include them if possible. Maybe we could make some sort of third party to join the birds and serpents?

Accepted, InfinitExel c:

If anyone has any more constellations we can use, I'd like to know ;v; There are some other people who want to join and I'd like to include them if possible. Maybe we could make some sort of third party to join the birds and serpents?
Yay! And I don't mind as long as they'll be able to fit into the plot. Will the third party be the neutral to the bird's light and serpent's darkness then? And maybe some earth based constellations since birds with the sky and serpents with the bodies of water?

Yay! And I don't mind as long as they'll be able to fit into the plot. Will the third party be the neutral to the bird's light and serpent's darkness then? And maybe some earth based constellations since birds with the sky and serpents with the bodies of water?
I was probably going to make them neutral, yes. Or at least able to choose which side they'll fight for. I was thinking mammals for the third group.

How many people want to join?
It might get cumbersome if there are just too much people going around, right?
But you can use the Chinese zodiac or maybe the Zodiac constellations. Like Scorpio. Or something.

How many people want to join?
It might get cumbersome if there are just too much people going around, right?
But you can use the Chinese zodiac or maybe the Zodiac constellations. Like Scorpio. Or something.
Right now it's just one for sure, but when we were talking she found something interesting with the constellations...
There are two obsolete constellations, the Rooster and the Owl. She was thinking the dorm parents could be these two constellations and could be older birds with less power than the younger ones. We were thinking she could have the dorm dad and make him the Rooster and then Phi's mom could be the Owl. That way she could be included and there wouldn't be too many characters. I personally like that idea better then the third group one...

I agree with Intricate Fabulist, it might get to cluttered. Will the dorm mom and dad be Neutral? I think personally there are to many birds and if someone truly wanted to join they could always join as a human amongst all this.

Reactions: Phi Chisym
Well, a human would just need protection. They can't fight off supernatural beasts or anything. Just mere targets of meat. Two more birds are acceptable since they are watching the teens. I just feel bad that there are so many birds. The serpents are totally outnumbered.

The serpents, due to the lower number of them, are intended to be stronger than the birds. If you guys don't think your serpents are strong enough, you can change them a bit to make them stronger.
The dorm parent birds aren't going to fight very much. They're weaker due to their age and their time to fight has passed. They'd be mentors above all else, there to give advice and such. However, due to serpents and birds sharing dorms, the parents must also be fair to all, regardless of their alignment, meaning they cannot deny a serpent if they ask for advice. I don't want them to be humans because they wouldn't have much knowledge of the background between the groups and they'd be defenseless if any of them attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.