Celestial Avians (Signup and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT SENPAI NOTICED ME

I'm going to make my Serpent now, but since my cat is on my lap and constantly adjusting the zoom on this tab, not to mention the tea I have with me, it'll probably take me like two hours xD So mark this post as my ~*official*~ claim lmao

Hydrus water snake coming up!

Character Name: Whitaker Burton
Constellation: Hydrus, the water snake (written permission to have anyone PLEASE call him a "silly snake")
Physical Description or Image: Whit is 5'10", and definitely scrawny. He has all the muscular bulk of someone who doesn't do any sports except cross country. His hair is very blonde, it would be white if such a thing was possible. He has a cruel sense of peer judgment, so he hates having his hair grown out long enough that it bounces when you run, so it's kind of short. But he doesn't spike it so it sort of just grows forward and every once and a while he gets it buzzed (not too short) and that's pretty much that. He has knobby knees and scrawny legs and you can swear he has wrinkles of all the scowls he gives people. He likes to wear stylish clothes, always along the lines of clean and well-dressed.
Orientation (optional): Heterosexual
Brief Personality: He's kind of a prick, honestly. He doesn't exactly view everyone as beneath him, but he doesn't really think highly of any of his peers either. He sees everyone as trivial, they seem so focused on things that are borderline pointless. He scowls and makes a lot of faces at people, it's kind of a self-entitlement that he doesn't really know he has (but would be willing to drop if someone made him realize). He is wholly and very capable of caring for people, but it's just not something he can learn on his own, or hasn't yet anyway. He's very good at taking the concept of "selfish rich kid" and breaking it. "Rude intelligent sporty blonde with sass" is more accurate and coincidentally the title of his next autobiography.
History (optional): Whit's childhood was composed of his workaholic father and "preppy" (for lack of a better word) mother. Both of his parents were very independent for each other, and that was always what made their relationship work the best. They could be as independent as they wanted and come together at the end of the day as if nothing had changed. Their marriage was haphazard, when they were both under twenty, and they've been together since. While Whit's father wasn't overly talkative or social with him, Whit's mother always seemed much more available. She spent her days creating things—from knitting, crocheting, and sewing, to gathering people together for a cause. So in addition to physically there, he also felt she would hear him out if he wanted to speak with her. He rarely did, though. It wasn't that they didn't get along, it was just that they were different people in personality, characteristic, ect. and that naturally creates little fissures between people, so despite blood ties, Whit rarely felt close with his family. In addition to that, his brand of personality and slight entitlement made it hard for him to make friends among others. When it was clear to his parents that he had no ties to public school, they placed in boarding school fairly young and he stayed there. He visits them on holidays, always with open arms, but also with the impression it's just formality.
Ability One: Well he is a snake, I mean what do you expect besides infrared perception. He can see heat and it's counterpart, though sometimes it's uncomfortable for him just because he's unpracticed. He sort of does this unfocusing of his eyes and the infrared spectrum bleeds through. He can't see it unless he intentionally "switches modes", but sometimes he sees it accidentally, like if he's tired. He once had a concussion and one eye wasn't dilating right, so he saw infrared through one eye and color in the other. It was a weird time...
Ability Two (optional): Let's not forget the other neat thing snakes do, like unhinge their jaws, i.e. joint manipulation! He can dislocate his limbs with relatively no pain (sometimes it's uncomfortable because it's weird), and that also means if he dislocates a limb accidentally, he can just pop it back into place (it might hurt if only because it was unintentional, something had to slam into it and get it dislodged, so it'd probably hurt, right?). Of course he still has bones, he isn't liquid, but now he's really good at limbo, can break out of hand-cuffs, and freak people out with his bendy fingers and be all "it's just prosthetic"
Other: His tattoo is on his lower back, it's a really simple design that's easy to miss, but beautiful if you know what you're looking at. It's a vague outline of the head of a snake, with detailed eyes and barely wisps of lines to show a forked tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eden Vale
Constellation: Serpens
17 years old
Female
th

Heterosexual
Brief Personality: On the outside, Eden is bubbly, fun loving, girly, loves parties, and nice. Inside, she is actually manipulative, needy, selfish, and incredibly sarcastic.
History: Eden grew up with rich parents, and as an only child. Basically, whatever Eden wanted, Eden got. She is a fabulous actress and popular in school, though many hate her for how she can control the entire school using only her words. She is not happy about being sent to Montana.
Ability One: Invisibility (render herself unseen)
Limitations: Unable to make clothing disappear, several vision powers could see her, shape can be seen if moving through things such as water, fog, fire, etc.
Ability Two: Tracking Evasion (all of her traces, fallen hair, blood, skin particles, will dissipate into dust and no scent given off)
Limitations: She can leave behind a trail if she disturbs her surroundings (think broken sticks in a forest or something)
Ability Three: Sensory Tracking (ability to locate someone by focusing on them)
Limitations are she must have met the person previously, and the connection can be blocked by telepathic abilities.
Other: Silver constellation tattoo extends from upper arm, around shoulder, and across right collarbone

Phi and Ace, your characters are all accepted ^^

Whirlwind, Hydrus was just claimed, but Opiuchus and Serpens are still available. If you're not looking for a leader character, I suggest Serpens ^^

I don't think we need any NPCs at the moment. If you guys want someone prominent to be included, like a specific teacher or administrator, that's fine. NPCs won't be included in the character limit. Just write up a basic sheet for them and I can make an NPC list.

Phi and Ace, your characters are all accepted ^^

Whirlwind, Hydrus was just claimed, but Opiuchus and Serpens are still available. If you're not looking for a leader character, I suggest Serpens ^^
Oh, darn I didn't see it before posting. Yes I'll just change her to Serpens then!

So I changed Keith's abilities and I'm going to add his twin brother to the first page with Keith's character sheet so my characters won't be all over the place.

Whirlwind, Eden is accepted c:

dreamthief, be careful with Keith's power cancellation. That's a pretty powerful ability.

How is it powerful? You throw a big rock at him and he's knocked out or bleeding internally like anyone else? Powers should not define a person.

The fact that a person's powers are limited or extinguished temporarily after encountering him within a five foot radius. In a large battle, that could be problematic for someone who's relying on their abilities to fight and survive. I'm not saying you need to change it or anything.

In hindsight I feel like I panicked a bit, but it's been a weird day. xD; Thanks for accepting him! Just to make things easier for anyone who needs a reference, I'll edit out the spoiler so my CS isn't hidden.

I see what you're saying now alright no problem I'll look out for it and if I don't catch it pointing it out to me would be a help as well if things get out of hand with him.

Last edited:
Character Name: Winter Kesten
Constellation: Opiuchus

Physical Description:
581733.jpg

Hair - A mixture of dark and lighter blondes. Winter has soft hair, that if he doesn't spike with fall around his face. He doesn't enjoy this fact much since he has once to often been called 'cute' when seen in this state.
Eyes - A sharp ocean blue, that are known by his parents as 'lady killers'. Fortunately no one needs to know of his guardian's abnormal nicknames.
Scent - A subtle fresh scent that is not overwhelming nor intrusive. Winter holds a mix of crisp jasmine, that soothes over hints of sage and rosewood. If particularly close to him you can catch hold of an amber musk and other herbal greens.

Brief Personality:
Cruel? Maybe. Arrogant Possibly. Sadistic? More or less. Compassionate? Don't hold your breath. He demands to be respected and feared and on top of the heap over everyone else because evil is cool and good is dumb. Holding little to no patience, Winter will swiftly deal with those who defy him and his order. Seeing the world in black and white because shades of grey are for the non-essential and unimportant, he will be blunt and crude to a sharp point. His keen sense of intuition helps him unearth the plain truth of things, and he is a master at asking questions that are both direct and penetrating. He rarely takes others' answers at face value, however, and comes to his own conclusions. He is independent, fearless, and ambitious. Don't get in his way and don't place any bets against him. A self-made winner, Winter rarely knows the pain of defeat. His stubbornness and resourcefulness will drive him to keep trying, determined to get what he wants. He is also hard working and enjoys the satisfaction of basking in the fruits of his labor.

Ability One:
Jinx - A living bad luck charm, causing other people to have accidents, misfortune or other bad luck.
Weakness - May be constantly active. May be involuntary. May not be able to kill the target, just make them lead an unfortunate life.

Ability Two:
Shadow Manipulation - Can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows.
Weakness - May become affected/corrupted through extended exposure. Shadows are alive, meaning Winter may or may not be able to control certain shadows forms/types based on his health and mental mindset.

Other:
  • Tattoo Location: Right Pec
  • Hates being cold
  • Catch phrase: "Bite me."

Hey! This seems really interesting and I'd like to join it. Just one question, what constellations are still available?

that man is very attractive
Accepted, Intricate Fabulist c:

InfinitExel, I'll put your name in the Tucana slot while you make your form.

And everyone, thanks for showing so much interest :D I wasn't expecting all the main slots to be filled so quickly. I know I sound silly, but all the interest means a lot to me ♥

Reactions: ResolverOshawott
The facial structure is similar I must admit. But I chose him because
1. He is a fine piece of gentleman.
2. Fan service
3. . . . There was a need for male characters & I had another picture. But I felt selfish and refused to share.

Ability One: Power Cancellation, the name speaks for it's self really. This ability allows him to make even the strongest and biggest person feel weak and powerless when they are within a five feet radius of him. People with abilities will feel human and powerless. This is not to say being hit in the head with a blunt object won't hurt him or shot by a gun won't kill him. He's not immortal and CAN be injured my normal means. He can direct this power towards a certain source to stretch his ability further although it leaves that five foot radius around him very thin. Depending how long you stay next to him will determine how long it takes to get your ability back. You wanna have an hour long chat with him? No problem you just won't get your abilities back for another hour no matter how far you move away from him. Although he can make you powerless he cannot use your ability in any way way shape or form. To normal humans his abilities can make them feel weak and tired

Umm... considering this a PASSIVE ability makes it more powerful i know you said 5ft radius but i still find rather OP even if he still can be injured.

I think he should be powered down a bit.

(Also by what i mean passive ability is their ability is always on they dont need to enable it or anything).

Reactions: dreamthief
Umm... considering this a PASSIVE ability makes it more powerful i know you said 5ft radius but i still find rather OP even if he still can be injured.

I think he should be powered down a bit.

(Also by what i mean passive ability is their ability is always on they dont need to enable it or anything).
Do tell me what I should take away then? He has the same abilities as leech

Last edited:
Do tell me what I should take away then? He has the same abilities as leech

Perhaps make it that some powers are too strong for him to disable?

And perhaps also allow him to disable and enable it at will unless he's crippled/badly inured?

Reactions: dreamthief
Status
Not open for further replies.