Celestial Avians (Signup and OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! That sounds rather interesting... Will these two obsolete Dorm Parents work towards a more balanced connection between the birds and serpents? More or less, working as the resident peacekeepers, trying to assist in the growth of the students on each side of the coin, but for the purpose of fighting for friendship between them rather than destroying the other. That would be interesting, especially if the leaders of both sides refuse to comply with such beliefs that nature can be swayed to change in such ways.

It'd be awesome if the parents encouraged friendships between the groups... being matchmakers (platonically and romantically), setting up study sessions, things like that to make them interact peacefully. They'd be major characters that way, but the conflict wouldn't rest entirely upon them.

Reactions: dreamthief
Nice idea! My thought on that is, since the students don't know about the other students, per se, then the normal 'human' emotions will take effect - with the 'constellation' emotions tickling them in the background. They like this person, but their inner star is warning them otherwise. It will definitely bring about a lot of drama when they slowly learn about themselves, their enemies, and who is what and so forth.

Reactions: dreamthief
Yep, I was planning on having that happen with Selene especially, Phi. It'll be fun once they begin to learn what's going on :3

BUH-KAAAAW, bitches.

But yeah, my thought was these mentor characters would have been part of a previous generation of Avians. They won against the Serpents, but at a high cost (hence there only being two of them left). Having been through the same conflict the younger Avians are going through now, their purpose is to guide them and help avoid an all out war between the two sides.

Auntie, that's pretty much how Manakete had it in the original RP, and probably what she's thinking about now. The Instructors in this school are practically older constellations who are now too old to fight. So, they're working together to train the next generation - I believe - for the purpose of peace and balance between the yin and yang here.

Ooooo, Manakete, I'm sending you a PM cause, if you recall my outburst of brainstorms, I have one coming at cha right now! :D

Is the boarding school up in the mountains or near a city? I know the question is random, but I remember that it was mentioned that the school was going to be continually attacked by 'other' creatures. So with these constant attacks wouldn't the constellation students have to leave as to avoid
any humans from being killed/hurt? And I would imagine that the story would have to move away from the school at some point since a similar plot over and over may get a bit dull.

It's located near a city, but not actually in one. It's about an hour's drive to the nearest city.

WIP

Name: Ilonzah (eye-lon-sah) Veach "Ilon"
Constellation: Noctua/Owl

Tattoo Location: Below her breast

Physical Description:
Orientation: Straight
Brief Personality:
History:

Ability One: Avian Physiology/Connection:
constant physical and mental bond to certain avians that she's bonded to, allowing her to communicate, understand their feelings and emotions, summon them, and take on their traits. Even though she already has a strong bond with other Owls because of her Constellation, this ability allows her to connect to other types of birds and take on some of their traits.

Her own Owl traits are natural for her: Echolocation, Night Vision, Camouflage, Owl Neck, Enhanced Hearing and Bite, Claw Retraction.

Ability Two: Umbrakinesis - User can create, shape and manipulate darkness. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance. With this, she can throw someone into a space of darkness that only she can see within, can shield someone the same. In solid form, she creates dark energy weapons that are related to her Owl form - dark feather darts, or dark spears. Can also teleport small groups considerable distances.

Her main problem with this power is, after all her years of use, she's unable to create darkness during the day or within bright light. She can, if there are dark shadows present, but that still produces weak dark energy. The night time is her powerhouse.

Ability Three: TBA

Other:
Her special pets that assist her in keeping watch over the students.

A Costa Rica Crested Owl named Dominko - He's amazingly intelligent, calculating, disciplined, crafty, and a hard nut to crack. He's not the nicest owl to get to know, and is far too serious at his job. Getting caught doing anything against school rules around this guy will find you being tossed straight to the Headmaster's office before you realize what's happening. Extremely strong, and capable of communicating to Ilonzah through emotions and body language enhanced by her ability. He has an idea why Paprika is behaving strangely this semester. If you see him hiding in the shadows, almost like he's stalking - or hunting - someone, it's probably someone Paprika's just slammed into... And he's determined in clawing his catch.
With his own Umbrakinesis, a more simplified type, Dominko is able to create the darkness Ilon need during the daytime when she needs it.

A Brazilian Pygmy Owl named Paprika - She's a bubbly ball of joy to Ilon, but a cute and fluffy nuisance to Dominko and anyone else who she suddenly feels the need to follow. Prika has this really useful ability of sensing trouble before it comes close to happening. She has this odd twitch whenever she's close to danger or a problematic person, and except flying away from it - she soars head first straight into it.... Literally~! And for some reason, she continues to do this - like clockwork.

If there's something wrong with a tree - she'll run into it until the problem is found and fixed. If a light post is about to blowup and fall on a student - she runs into the light post to gain attention to the situation hours or even days before it happens. If a student has dark, evil thoughts while walking across campus - she'll run into them every time she sees them. At this point, Ilon hasn't figured out exactly why her precious little Prika does this -since she's never done it before, and why she's doing it repeatedly this school year, but she'll realize it soon enough.
(Paprika is capable of turning her body into a torpedo of sorts, flying at such high speeds and creating a strong body shield around her that allows for her to shoot through almost anything in her way. The ability grows the more she learns. Not very strong.)

Note: Owl abilities are only active when they are about 50 ft or less near Ilonzah. If they are not close to the power generated by her constellation tattoo, then they will lose these special abilities and be normal owls.

Last edited:
Yeah, you guys can start now if you want. I won't be able to post until later today. If you want to choose your roommate, go ahead. Those who want to be put into the RNG, I'll do that later. Please post here who your character's roommate is or if you want them to be RNGed.

So who wants to be le phoenix's roommate?

About to make the intro post for you guys. Adding in my headmistress for when I need to use her.

Character Name: Elaina Green
Physical Description or Image:
link
Brief Personality:
Elaina is a no-nonsense type of headmistress. She likes to see the students performing their duties as expected of them. However, she's known for taking a liking to the students who go above and beyond in their studies, and often gives them special treatment. She prefers things to be neat, orderly, and always in their place.
Other:
I was really tempted to use a picture of Judge Judy

Reactions: Phi Chisym
All right, you all can post now, the intro is up ^^ I apologize for the wait. I had to eat dinner in the middle of writing it, heh ;v;

Also I'd like to add that Phi Chisym is going to be my second-in-command for this roleplay... she was in the original version of it way back so she's got experience with it. She'll be taking charge of the roleplay if I'm ever absent for any reason. Don't worry, I'll post to tell you guys when I'm absent c: I'm hoping that I don't ever have to be, but life enjoys taunting me, so.

Everyone does know that we can start on the main thread right?

Well, yes... In due time. ;)
Me personally, I'm hoping to have my post up for Shai and Monica either late tonight, after I get drunk, or in the morning, when I head back to work. LOL!

No...I'm serious.

Alright, who else needs a roommate? I believe in Manakete's OP, it was stated that the students will be receiving schedules and dormitory arrangements. So, since we already know that we're suppose to set up our own schedules, then we should figure out the roommates so your charries will know which room is actually there's. I know two have already set themselves up. So, whenever you guys mention it, I'll post the arrangement here, and send the full list to Manakete to post on the first page.

Girls' Dorm
1 - Phillomina (Phoenix) & Eden (Serpent)
2 - Shai'ahn (Grus) &
3 - Caelus (Tucana) & Monica (Hydra)
4 -
5 -

All that's left for girl roommates are:
Columba: Selene (F), played by Manakete
Pavo: Kenna (F), played by Adira
Grus/Crane: Shaiahn (F) - Phi Chisym

Cygnus: Eva (F), played by Intricate Fabulist
Corvus:
Brennan (F), played by Ace

(Note: There's enough girls here for one more regular dorms, and one 3P dorm.)

Boys' Dorm
1 - Keith (Draco) and Soule (Apus)
2 -
(Note: There's only three more guys left [Jory, Whitaker, & Winter], so they can actually be in a 3P dorm room, if you guys like that idea.)

Last edited:
Keith and Soule are room mates. I'll post later today though as I bring in the New Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.