Castle of the Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian took a few loud, booming breaths - the same kind a great lion would make before launching forward for a kill... And dropped to his knees.

"It has to pass..." He hissed out, as if uttering an angry prayer - but there were no gods to hear him, what god would heed a vampire's call? Killian reached out and wrapped his arms around Henry's legs, pressing his bloody face into the space below the male's knees, tucking his nose against fine tibia, and ligaments - clutching the limbs tightly enough to feel the warmth of the human against his cold, cold and tired flesh. "I'm sorry..." God, how pathetic he must have looked - on his knees and holding onto the boy before him like a child held onto their mother's skirts. "I'm sorry..." It was beginning again: the lowest point of the cycle, triggered by his failure in killing Clementine.

It usually happened away from prying eyes and keen ears. He would be alone like this, but now, Henry was there to bear witness to the crumbling of his walls. Just like all men who bear a front, who hide the truth and lie in the face of both others and themselves, he could not keep his weakness a secret any long in that moment. The lack of confidence poured out - Killian was just another leech like a the others, he was just another thing that went bump in the night, and there would be no redemption for his soul. God, how it wore down on him - countless sins, countless killings, countless partners in his bed, and it...

All of that was his form of self-harm, all of it. And he was to weak to see the degradation of his morality, the collapsing of his soul, and his values. Killian thought that with the plunderings, perversion, and opium, he would grow confident in himself - he held so much power... And yet, all it did was make him feel all the more weak in secret depths of his heart. The lies were crumbling around him. Out poured the gold of his soul, the yoke of his feelings from the cracked shell of his outward appearance. "I don't really want to hurt you, not really... Don't leave me alone, Henry. I'm no fiend, I'm no demon..."

I am lonely.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Henry Courteney, blue, dashed, 10"]
The vampire suddenly dropped down to his knees, alarming Henry even more. Then he reached out to cling onto his legs while burring his face. What the hell? Was the vampire finally losing his wits? Never in the months that he knew of the vampires' existence, did Henry see one succumb into such a mess. They all appeared to be incapable of feeling sadness, despair, sympathy, self-pity, and every other emotion that followed after that. Yet, here was the first one, down on his knees, apologizing for something that Henry had no clue about.

Had that tough exterior all been a front? Had the wall finally cracked and crumbled to the floor? Was this really the true Killian? Perhaps this was the result of living for countless amount of years.

Then, out came tumbling words from his blood filled mouth that made Henry's eyes widen. The human boy just breathed, starring down at the male sobbing at his feet. What was one to do in this situation?

"I...I believe you." Henry whispered after a long moment of silence. He believed that the creature was more than just that arrogant, lust-filled vampire in the study. Then the weight of his left pocket, where the gold rings rested, reminded him that he had killed for him. Gosh, Killian was becoming even more difficult to understand. "I won't leave." It wasn't like he could anyways, but he refrained from voicing that out. "Let us get you to your chamber, Master." Henry leaned down and his frail arms wrapped around the vampire to haul him to his feet. "I can run you a bath if you would like?..." Henry murmured as he glanced away from the vampire. They needed to get all that blood off of him. "I can also tend to your wounds..."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]I believe you...

Those words brought comfort to his heart, but the ache only grew more venomous. How he wished he could be the way he once was - before his undeath, how strong he was! He believed himself to be truly alive only after claiming power - wealth and debauchery, but that meant nothing in brutal, cold reality. Henry leaned down to haul him to his feet, and Killian stood - unsteady and tired. "To my chamber, no time for a bath..." All he wanted to do was crawl under his covers and sleep for a century, long enough to ensure that Henry was dead. This, becasue the other had witnessed it - that long-term weakness that had turned his stony, stable heart over into a melted mess.

But no, perhaps it was good - this was what he had asked for when he had asked Henry to wait for him, after all. He had needed someone. Killian let himself be led down the hall, and the moment they had made it to his room, he reached up and tore off his shirt, exposing the mess of shredded flesh - it would heal, it was sure to. Vampire skin was said to be impenetrable, but really it was only in the case of human attack - that was when Killian stood the best chance. Other vampires... That was a whole other matter. "It looks worse than it actually is..." He muttered. "Mere flesh-wounds." He reached up trace the outline of a rip on his neck.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry led the vampire down the hall, occasionally stumbling due to his lack of strength. He truly hated the vampires from the auction house. They had reduced him to such a weak, bony boy. It was sad to think that it had only taken them months to do it, but the rings in his pocket brought a bit of satisfaction. It would have been a much better revenge if he would have been able to kill the creature himself, but he would take what he could get.

Finally, they reached his chamber and once inside, the vampire tore off his shirt, revealing the horrible wounds that marked his body. "Are you sure? I can tend to them without a problem." Henry murmured as he led him over to his grand bed, before stepping away.

"I thank you...for killing the manager. It..." Henry breathed out a small sigh, unsure of how to continue or if he should even continue. "It means a lot." He finally added as he glanced up at the vampire.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mary Courteney, green, dashed, 10"]
Mary starred down at the rough sketch, before crumbling it up and throwing it to the floor. It wasn't so much that she wasn't satisfied with the quality of her work, but of what she had drawn. Freedom...It was she longed for, yet she knew that she would never feel that ever again. Only in her dreams and drawings could she ever be. Tears welled up in her eyes and she hunched over the desk as they cascaded down the white milky skin of her cheeks. They splattered onto the fresh sheets of paper, but she hardly cared. Why had fate brought her here? She was probably better off in her poor home, living among people who loved her and cared for her being. Now...well, now she had no one. She was alone, facing a world she didn't even know existed. Cupping her hands over her mouth to keep the volume of her sobs low, May squeezed her eyes shut while her body trembled.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian hesitated before sitting down on the bed, not caring if the blood from his wounds stained the sheets. He was past caring about anything at all, including preserving his ego.

Henry's words, and his presence, made the creature smile - it was a look unlike any other, sweet and somber despite the blood running down his chin. "I'm glad," he muttered, wincing as his wounds stung him, just as much as his lack of true self-confidence did. "I assume that Keegan is busy...Are you ready to take your place as my personal servant? I will be honest, this was what I had intended for you to do all along... I fight rather often." The vampire sighed, and hung his head low, looking up at Henry through his dark bangs. "Bring a cloth, and a bowl of lukewarm water. I should drink blood to heal, yet yours... I cannot. And the other servants are vampires." Well, to any moral being the rented flesh, so badly cut and mauled that it hung off the bones of his body in disgusting rivulets would have been fatal, but Killian was a vampire, and he could not be killed. Save, for a blow to the heart. That, he had dealt himself, in a spiritual sense.

There truly was nothing more painful that being a villain when it did not suit him. The momentary satisfaction, often overwhelming in its wondrous glory, would always turn into long-term feelings of guilt and self-disgust.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Zachary Brighton, azure, dashed, 10"]What was this? The sound of crying...?

His enhanced hearing was regrettably strong, and so left him sensitive to the sound, and wondering who it belonged to... And why did it sound so, very bitter?

A feeling awoke in him, overwhelming and desperate - and he didn't know why.

He wanted to comfort whoever it was, he wanted to silence the cry with a warm embrace, to make those lips stop their trembling... But who in the world could ever see the gentleness in a vampire? It was only his servants that knew what he was, and the villagers were led by an illusion... They thought him to be human. If they knew, they would never let him smile at them, and reach down to pat the tops of their babe's heads. The hunger woke again at the thought of humans, and it made him feel sick. He could not leave his room when the need was so, so terribly strong... It felt like he was loosing his mind, blood, oh blood! He needed it, he craved it... If only he could take it from himself, so that no one would ever have to suffer at his hand...
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Henry Courteney , blue, dashed, 10"]
Henry was willingly complying to be Killian's personal servant because he was curious to see the real side of the male. The one that wasn't clouded with lust, arrogance, and inappropriate thoughts. "Yes, Master." Turning on his heel, he rushed to the door before coming to an abrupt halt. "Uhm, why can you not drink my blood?" Henry wasn't complaining but he wanted to know the vampires reasoning and he hoped that he would tell him.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mary Courteney, green, dashed, 10"]
After a few minutes, the brunette finally stopped sobbing, although an occasional sniffle would resound from the girl. She missed Henry. She missed her life before the vampires captured them.

Slowly rising to her feet, Mary pushed in her chair before heading over to the bed. She collapsed on it, and grabbed the second pillow, hugging it close to her body.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]When Henry rushed away, Killian curled over on himself and coughed, bringing up blood into his open palms. Yet still, the wounds were far from fatal. He though he would be alone to submerge himself in the pain that they brought, but suddenly Henry stopped before the door and turned to ask him a question.

Why...?

Killian clicked his tongue with annoyance, moodiness coming back full-force. He bore his fang to the male and hissed, "Do not force me to reconsider my mercy..." He was still holding on to the last dregs of his arrogance, old habits die hard. The muscles of his well-built body trembled as a sudden wave of nausea washed over him - he clutched his head in his hands, and he male's biceps flexed when his fingers curled into the skin of his face... What was this sudden, overwhelming pain? "H... Henry..." The vampire muttered with eyes growing wide at the gut-wrenching sensation pulling his stomach own to his knees. It felt like he would burst open at any moment, and bees would flood out from beneath his sternum.

He had been poisoned with silver. Some fine-tipped spear must have pierced his skin at some point to deliver grey steel into his flesh, and oh what a terrible thing to happen... Killian had suffered such a thing only once before, and it had been the most abhorrent kind of pain.[/fieldbox]

Henry realized that he had pushed his luck when the creature suddenly hissed at him, who nearly reconsidered his choice of not feeding off of him. "No, n-" The boy was interrupted when the male suddenly curled in on himself in pain. What was happening? Did he not claim that they were just mere flesh wounds. Yet, it appeared to be much more than that. Unsure of what to do, he rushed to the door and pulled it open. He needed to find Keegan. Surely he knew what was going on, after all he was a vampire.

"Keegan!" Henry shouted as he rushed down the hall and down the stairs. "Keegan!" He called again.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Keegan, darkred, dashed, 10"]Keegan heard his name being called by a voice that was clearly nothing but panicked. He sighed in annoyance and stood from where he had been sitting on a chair and reading a book.

"What is it?!" The vampire called out as Henry came into view, not fully understanding what might be the source of the other's panic... Until he remembered that Killian had probably returned from his mission. It was probably something about that, but he didn't know why Henry would look so worried.

"Aren't human supposed to be asleep now? It's quite late at night, isn't it?"
[/fieldbox]

When Henry finally reached the butler, he was completely out of breath, causing him to hunch over. "He's...He's feeling pain..." The human boy gasped out as he straightened up slightly to stare up at Keegan. "It's worsening...Come on." Henry immediately turned on his heel to rush up the steps back towards his master.

He had not a single ounce of clue as to what was going on, yet he could tell that this wasn't good.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Keegan quickly followed Henry back up the stairs, an expression of mild concern on his features. "Pain...?" He wondered out loud, before pulling open the door to Killian's chambers with a just slightly unsteady hand.

Killian had switched positions - he was now was curled into a ball on the bed, and his heavy breathing echoes around the chamber like the sound of an angry wind. Clearly, the creature wasn't doing too well, and Keegan immediately recognized the man's affliction. "It's silver poisoning," he stepped into the room, taking his sweet time. It wasn't often that he would find Killian like this - so quiet, so weak... A smirk dashed his features with malice. "So, Killian. Are you enjoying your time being a vampire hunter?" He chuckled darkly as the man on the bed turned his head to offer the butler a glare.

"Well, Henry, this is your job. Not mine," Keegan said pointedly. "You just have to dig out whatever silver thing is in his wounds. Last time, it was a bullet." Already expecting Henry's protest, he added, "And I'm technically off-duty. I wont get my gloves dirty for the likes of him."[/fieldbox]

Henry's brows furrowed in disbelief when the butler suddenly had a smirk upon his lips. Why was he reacting in such a way? Was he not sentenced to serve under the vampire whether he liked it or not. Suddenly the conversation was directed over to him, though Keegan beat him to the chase and left no space for argument. Though his last sentence caused for Henry's eyes to narrow.

Was this the reason why Killian had begged him not to leave? It was clear to him now that Keegan disliked their master. If that was the case, then he shouldn't even see the man at his worst. "Then get out." He stated as he lifted his chin slightly. If the vampire had put his life at risk to kill that manager for him, then he would help him live, but first he needed Keegan gone. "If you're not going to help then leave. YOu're just wasting space here."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Keegan sharply turned his head to Henry upon hearing the boy's reply. "Do not mistake my words for cruelty. Killian will be fine anyway, tomorrow he'll be laughing about it, and no good will come of that either... I'll take my leave, in that case." Keegan stiffly approached the door, and turned to glance at Killian one last time before leaving.

As soon as the butler vanished, out poured a thick groan of pain from the vampire, who then shut his eyes with burning shame - oh, why must silver exist? Why must it weaken him so? And while it sits in his system like bad karma, Killian could not heal his wounds, which stung - raw and bloody. His whole torso was slick with blood, every wound dissolved in the mess and jumbled into an awful, indiscernible pattern on his skin. Some could not be seen through the thick layers of crimson and dirt, from where he had fallen down onto the forest floor after the battle.

"That's alright..." Killian muttered, shutting his eyes tightly as room spun around him. "I think Keegan does not think this is fatal. That's fine..." Keegan probably didn't care. He swallowed thickly, thinking that it was what he deserved.

Killian covered his eyes with a hand, hiding the somber tears forming there, beyond his control.
[/fieldbox]

What did the butler expect? Those were harsh words, that clearly showed he had no interest in Killian's pain, in his suffering. He waited for the vampire to finally be gone from the room before rushing over to his master's side. Gosh, what was he to do? He didn't even know where the silver was lodged into his flesh.

"Fine? How is that fine?" Henry murmured but that was the priority at the moment. "Do you know where the silver is?" The human boy questioned as he hesitantly reached out to grip the vampire's upper arm and pulled him to the side so he could face him.

If what Keegan said was true, then he would have to pull out the silver, much to his dismay. Something about touching someone's raw flesh made him squirm, but if it would help the male then he would do it.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]When Henry pulled him to turn him over, Killian lost the last bit of cover he had from the world, his hand had fallen away, and so the tears his eyes had been harboring were also free to fall.

He laid there like a ragdoll, for a moment. "Only Clementine could be so cunning..." He knew her well. "She managed to hit me twice before disappearing - a dagger in the left side, and then a smack," despite the situation he was in, Killian chuckled. "I'll pull whatever she stuck in me out, you don't have to." Even though the vampire found the idea of a human being covered in a vampire's blood oddly poetic, he wanted to be absolutely sure that it was gone. Slowly, he reached over and tenderly felt along his side.

Anger took over from there - how dare that woman poison him? His fingers plunged into the flesh beneath his ribs with a sickening squelch and felt for metal - Killian hissed with pain and more water found its way out of his eyes and down his cheeks. There! Something hard... The blade of the dagger had broken off the hilt of her blade when she struck his ribs. It was unbearable, the pain was too overwhelming - he drew out of the wound with shaking limbs and shook his head. "I can't..." He whimpered and grit his teeth, shame burning his cheeks. Gah, how he hated feeling so terribly weak.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry remained silent as Killian started to feel along his side before abruptly shoving his finger into his flesh. The sound it had emitted made the boy cringed but he remained rooted to his spot, unable to take his eyes away from the gruesome scene. How could he so easily move his fingers into his body like that? The tears were a surprise yet they were justified. It must be painful to have a knife lodged into his body.

"Here...I'll-I'll pull it out." Henry spoke out as he leaned down slightly to place his fingers at the edge of his wound where he had plunged his fingers through. Slowly he pushed them in, feeling his flesh. A grimace passed through his expression but he persisted through. Then his fingers came in contact with a metal piece and pushed hi fingers through a bit more and gripped the edge of the dagger. "I got it." He murmured and began to pull it out.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian tilted his head away, feeling Henry's fingers pause just at the edge of the deep wound. He grit his teeth and braced himself, but when the fingers entered his body he couldn't help but cry out.

What a human sound. His pale hand reached up to grasp Henry's shirt - the shirt he had given him, and sharp nails dug into the curved junction as the servant began to pull to blade, slowly dislodging it from the gaping wound. With it came a rush of fresh blood and a stifled murmur of pain from Killian, who at that point had hot tears steaming down his cheeks in bitter lines, streaking his face with marks of pain. He let them fall, what was the point of hiding them anyway?

"Oh God..." What irony, for such an evil creature to cry out to the heavens. The vampire held still as the blade was being pulled, staring at Henry, because the servant was not only serving his master - but was now also saving him. What a strange thing.[/fieldbox]

The edge of the shiny metal, coated in the vampire's blood, became visible to the human boy. In one swift motion, he pulled the dagger out and it slipped from the tip of his fingers. It clattered to the ground and Henry stared down at his hand coated in blood. He had done it, he had actually pulled out the dagger.

"Do you still need blood to heal yourself?" Henry's voice wavered slightly while he starred down at Killian awaiting his answer.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian shuddered, and gulped down air before he realized he wasn't alive, and didn't need it. He was jarred back into reality by the clatter resounding from the dropped dagger - it fell like a sliver of the moon itself, falling into a crimson sea. It spattered blood over the floor, and Killian... Finally breathed a sigh of relief. The pain vanished almost immediately as his supernatural healing began to kick in, already beginning to repair his damaged body.

"No... I've drank enough already." The words had a double meaning. Not only did the creature fill his stomach, but also... Well, it seemed like Henry was offering something, but Killian was much too awed with the male to suggest drinking from him again. Henry had not only waited for him, but helped in other, innumerable ways. He picked himself up on his elbows to stare down at the milky-white, pale abdomen - still slick with blood. One wound, the first one he could see, shut like venus fly-trap at the vampire's gaze. Everything was fine now, but the vampire was left with the oddly uncomfortable sensation of having show Henry a side of him that truthfully, no one should have ever seen.

"Henry..." The silver eyes shifted to stare at the boy kneeling beside him on the bed, making indents in the mattress with his knees. "Thank you."[/fieldbox]

Henry breathed out a relieved sigh when he denied the need to drink. He had been willing to actually let the vampire drink his blood in order to heal himself, despite how much the thought of it made him extremely uneasy. At least now the boy wouldn't have to worry about it.

At his thank you, Henry only nodded and slipped off the bed. "I'll go clean the blood." Henry murmured as he turned on his heel to head out of the room, going to retrieve a rag and water.

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.