Castle of the Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Keegan Hill and Collin Hodges, red, dashed, 10"]The gambler laughed as he heard Henry's stomach give a mighty growl, and went over to the boy with a bowl in hand. Collin slapped the younger male on the back with another laugh, and taunted, "Yeah, he sounds hungry to me. 'Ere ya' go lad." The bowl was thrust into Henry's hands, and immediately the chef stumbled over to the kitchen to continue working on preparing tomorrow's breakfast. Keegan raised a brow at the gambler. "Collin, have you been drinking on the job again?"

The chef chuckled nervously, and avoided turning around to face the butler. "No, I wouldn't do that... Again."

Keegan rolled his eyes, but said nothing in response. To aid in the change of subject, Collin turned to Henry and studied the boy. "You're probably nervous, aren't you? Yeah, my master's a pain in the arse sometimes-
"Collin!" Keegan furrowed his brows and exclaimed, but the chef ignored him and continued. "But, he's not really all that bad. You'll see. When is comes down to it, our master's made up of black and white, good and bad. There are times when the bad outweighs the good... But in during moments that are serous, the master is surprisingly kind. You know, I used to be a gambler before working here. I was addicted to it - betting on everything. One day, I was offered a bet: if I could beat Killian at a short race, I'd get some money. If I lost, I had to work for him. Naturally, I said yes... I mean, come on - a scrawny aristocrat hardly seemed to be the type that could be good at anything other than counting money... But I didn't know Killian was a vampire." The chef tapped the edge of a wooden ladle on the edge of the pot. "I thought he did it just because he needed a servant willing to work for minimum wage, but... I think he did it to save me from my addiction, ya' see?"
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter turned away from the tired gardener for a moment, and spotted Mary. He smiled to the girl, and waved to beckon her over to him. "Mary, is your chamber to your liking? Would you like me to change anything about it?" He asked nervously, truly wanting to please the girl. Peter wanted for her to feel as comfortable in her new home as possible.

"Ah yes, the master, in a moment of consciousness, asked about you. He wanted to know what kinds of things you like."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Henry Courteney, blue, dashed, 10"]
A very light shade of red coated his cheeks in embarrassment at the fact that they did hear it. Well, it wasn't necessarily his fault, given that the auction house favored starving him and May. "Thank you." Henry nodded as he stared down at the food in the bowl that was shoved into his hands. It didn't look as appealing, but Henry hardly cared. Food was food and at this point he would eat anything so as long as he could stop this hunger. So he immediately started eating it, though he had to pause halfway after realizing that he was practically inhaling it.

Henry couldn't help but to doubt Collin's story. Their master looked more like someone that only did things if they benefitted him. Maybe he had given that offer to Collin because he needed someone to do something around the house. "Wait...minimum wage? You get paid?" Henry questioned as she starred up at the chef.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mary Courteney, green, dashed, 10"]
Peter motioned her over and she immediately walked over, though the question he shot at her took her aback. Did she like her room? Yeah, it was nice and extremely better than her room back at the auction house. "It's lovely. I'll leave it as is." She answered truthfully before glancing at Gerard. Had he maintained this whole place? Because if he had then he did a really nice job.

What kind of things she liked? Why would he wish to know? "I'm...art stuff, movies, and...chocolate. May I ask why he wished to know this?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Keegan Hill and Collin Hodges, red, dashed, 10"]Collins chuckled as he watched Henry practically inhale the food that was given to him. He actually felt flattered, rarely had he seen someone eat his meals with such enthusiasm. It was hard getting good meat those days, due to the peasants scaring off all the game with their hunting and chopping wood in the forest. Village-cats made a good substitute, though.

"Yeah, he pays all of us, just like all other houses and manors pay their servants. He'll pay you too, probably. The butler gets payed forty-to-sixty pounds per year." Keegan nodded to confirm the other's words. "You might get payed just like Alice though - bare minimum. I honestly don't know why she doesn't just run away."[/fieldbox]

((Movies didn't exist in those days, so I guess I'll ignore that bit of what Mary said xD ))

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter smiled at her words, pleased to know that he had done well in setting up the furniture within her chambers. Mary answered his question, and his smile became one of mild amusement. What did a lowborn know of art and chocolate? The girl spoke like an aristocrat herself - oh the master was sure to like her. What a peculiar girl.

"The master is unlike many of England's other highborns... Earl Brighton takes interest in his servants. He even dines with us, on human food. Usually, the servants would eat completely separated from their master, as it would be considered rather degrading to eat with servants, obviously... But the master does it anyway. Of course, that kind of information must be concealed from other lords and ladies, as it would lower his status considerably if they somehow discovered his rather endearing treatment of us." Peter had been extremely opposed to having the master sit and eat with the servants, but through much convincing, Zachary had won the argument.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry was frankly surprised that he was going to be getting paid. From what they were saying, it would surely be little, but he had originally expected not to receive anything at all and be truly treated like a slave. "Alice," he questioned as he furrowed his brow, before taking another spoonful. "Who is that?" How many others worked here? How did they even end up working for a man like that? He may be attractive but he surely acted weird. Wait...Fuck. He just called the man attractive, which was something he wasn't comfortable with thinking. He was as straight as they came.

"How long have both of you worked for him?"
[/fieldbox]

Mary noted the amused smile that adorned his lips, which caused for her cheeks to warm slightly. Immediately, she lowered her gaze and shifted her weight from foot to foot. She had only ever tasted twice in her life and what a marvelous taste it was. It was creamy and sweet, much of what an eight year old would really like. Her father had somehow managed to snag her a few pieces. How, she would never know. As for art, well that was a different story. It had been something she had discovered on her own.

"I will not say a single word about it." She murmured as she finally looked up to meet Peter's gaze. "Why is he sick-our master-I mean." It was safe to assume that given that he was in his room and vampires hardly ever got sick, as far as she knew.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Keegan Hill and Collin Hodges, red, dashed, 10"]Collins tilted his head at Keegan. "'E's been here the longest. I've been here three years." The butler nodded, but visibly stiffened at the attention. "Er, about five." The chef leaned over something he was cooking and inhaled, making sure it smelled as good as it looked. "S' why he's allowed to be rude. If I tried to be rude, the master would probably kill me. Ah shit!" The chef glanced over at the clock, wearing an expression of annoyance, coupled with... Fear? "It's time for the master's afternoon 'tea.'" Keegan made his way over to one of the kitchen drawers, and when he pulled it open, a large keg could be seen. It was something that mirrored any typical keg of ale, but when Keegan heaved it onto the counted and held a fancy goblet under the nozzle, a dark-red substance poured out, thick and rich-smelling. "Blood." The chef said, before Henry could ask.

The butler wiped around the glass to remove excess fluid, and placed it on a tray atop a cart. The chef quickly arranged expensive biscuits onto a plate, and garnished it with a single, red rose. Suddenly, Keegan turned to Henry. "You aren't dressed to do this, but... Why don't you bring this up to the master? It might improve his opinion of you, which if important, because he doesn't feed on the servants he likes. At this hour, he should be in the study, reading. It's upstairs and to the right, the door is always closed, but you'll be able to tell that it is the study because of how elaborate and large the doorway is. "[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]At the mention of the master's illness, Peter frowned. He dearly wished for the master to get better, after all, the man was near and dear to all of his servants.

"He is not ill, as vampires cannot contract human ailments. Te master... He is not getting enough blood at the moment, and he fears that leaving his chambers might result in... An accident. Ravenous vampires are terribly dangerous, and that is why only I am allowed to visit him - I am the least susceptible to his charms, and knowing me the longest, the master is able to keep himself relatively under control when he sees me." Peter's gaze shifted to the garden around them, where Gerard was a few feet away, kneeling at the roses and checking the wetness of their soil.

"The master insists on consuming only animal blood. I have already told him that this is impossible, as only human blood is capable of satisfying a vampire."[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry finished up his food and glanced up at the clock when the chef commented about the master's tea. They produced a goblet and placed it under the nozzle of the keg. Dark red colored liquid poured out. Was that..."Blood," Collin confirmed while he adorned a plate with some delicious looking biscuits and a rose.

"W-what? Alright." Henry stood from his seat and took the plate along with the goblet. The metallic smell from the blood faintly hit his nostrils and he couldn't help but to wonder who's blood this was and how bad they even obtained it. "I will be back." He really hoped that he would be.

Making sure to remember the directions, he headed up the stairs before moving along until he spotted said door that Keegan had spoken about. His heartbeat picked up slightly, his stomach churning. He lifted up a fist and knocked on the door.

[/fieldbox]

Mary listened to Peter as he explained the master's situation and was once again taken by surprise. He didn't drink human blood when he had the opportunity to do so? Instead he settled for animal blood. This was turning to be far more different than she had expected, given how poorly she was treated at the action house. Her expectations had been far worse than this.

"W-why does he insist on animal blood?" She asked, though she felt like she was pushing her luck with all the questions she was asking.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Dorian Grey was a fine book.

It reminded him of himself, and that feeling of introspection was strange, and unusual for Killian.

It was a shame about Oscar Wilde's incarceration... Sexual indecency, they said... Hah - funny how the author's sexuality was not a problem until he began to trifle with the lords around him. It made the book all the more precious - written by a hedonist, for a hedonist. And with that feeling of adoration, Killian's grey gaze skimmed over the pages carefully, until he once again reached Dorian's unavoidable conclusion. How funny - sins of morality, the corruption of the soul... After about a hundred years of undeath, Killian realized in that those peaceful moments that he had spent alone, the strange feelings of rising regret were something should have expected and been much more prepared for.
He shut the book with an expression that bore an air of odd bemusement, and setting the book down, he then reached over for the piles of paperwork left resting on the opposite side of his desk. What trivial matters were waiting to be taken care of today?
Lost in thought, Killian rapped his knuckles on the thick, rich mahogany desk in the tune of Danse Macabre, and almost didn't hear the faint, uncertain knock at his door.

Keegan knew better than that - servants were only to knock on his chamber door... It didn't make sense to knock on the study door... It wasn't like Killian would take his victims there... "Yes? Come in," the vampire sounded mildly annoyed - but then again, that was how he always sounded.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter noticed the girl's surprised expression and replied to it with an amused smile. "Oh yes, animal blood. The master considers drinking human blood to be unacceptable, and derogatory. Perhaps now would be the right time to mention that the master is unlike any other vampire as old as him. I would know, as his brother is quite the opposite of the master... I think this is because of his accident, you see. It humanized him." Peter glanced over at the gardener once again to make sure the other was out of earshot. Butlers were not really supposed to speak about their master's personal matters, but... Peter could hardly resist explaining. He loved psychoanalysis, finding pleasure in discovering new ways to understand the mind.

"He had a terrible fall about three years ago. I think... I don't know what to think." Yet, that territory would be too dangerous to dwell in. The master's reasons for the jump were his own. "It resulted in substantial cranial trauma. The master does not remember anything of his past, save for what his brother has told him... However lately, the master has been complaining, in his feverish, hunger-driven stupors, of a terrible memory slowly surfacing in his mind. However, he refuses to tell me what it is." The butler made a confused, concerned expression as he watched Gerard work.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
The male's muffled voice resounded from behind the grand doors and he pulled the door open, while making sure he didn't drop the biscuits nor the 'tea.' "M-master, I have come to bring you your tea." Henry spoke out, his voice wavering slightly. He stepped in and walked closer to him, before stopping about two feet away from him. He was uncertain on how to proceed further, so he just stood there avoided the vampires gaze. Why did Keegan have to put him through this especially on his first day here. What if he fucked up and he was punished or worse, he would kill him.

Henry honestly hoped that Mary ended up with a much better master, but they were twins so he wasn't sure. Though sometimes twins personalities tended to differ.
[/fieldbox]

Mary listened intently to the butler, trying to understand why their master was currently holed up in his room. The shortage of animal blood was clearly affecting him and if he really didn't drink human blood then it made sense why he decided to lock himself on there, but... He couldn't stay ther forever. He would eventually need to come out.

"I see. Well I hope he gets animal blood soon then." It would surely keep him from drinking from her.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian smiled up at the servant with an air of sarcastic amusement, before running his down the other's form, gaze growing wolf-like. "Tch..." Killian pouted. "That outfit simply will not do. All my servants are required to look their best..." That was one of the reasons he had chosen them - good-looking people satisfied that aesthetic part of his personality. Just like all the gorgeous, leather-bound tomes behind him, with their finely crafted covers of gold embroidery, or the small carved chest of ivory on the shelf behind him.

"Ah, no matter." Pretty things to add to his collection. The eyes searched up the other male's neck, settling on the creamy skin - sure it ran in the family, he had seen Mary before... Ah, such good-looking humans were difficult to come by. Mortals were not like vampires (whose every step, every look, and every touch echoed grace and luring beauty), they were silly and clumsy. Killian stood up like a cat might after an hour of sunning itself on some kind of fancy balcony in Venice, and with long, graceful strides, made his way over to Henry.

When he was close enough, his eyes lit up mischievously and Killian offered a Cheshire grin. "Shall we play a game?" the man's pale, handsome face loomed closer, bringing with it the scent of white water lilies and musk.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter smiled. Yes, that would be better for all of them...

He had, at that moment, made up his mind.

"Ah yes, there are proper maid outfits in your wardrobe. I do hope I have picked the right size... I had to guess from sight alone - of course they wouldn't let me measure you..." The blonde man sighed, and shut his eyes for a moment to enjoy the whispering breeze as it ruffled his wavy locks of hair.

"Forgive me, Mary." Peter said, cryptically. She bore the same namesake as the great Virgin, and through some strange kind of thinking, Peter wondered if pleading to her will really bring him closer to holiness.[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Henry Courteney , blue, dashed, 10"]
Henry glanced down at his garments that were clearly worn out. A couple of stains of dirt and blood mingled here an there with a coulple of tears. When compared to him he truly looked like a low peasant. His master's clothes were clearly made of the finest fabric, practically fit for a king. It was no wonder that he wasn't satisfied with his outfit, but what could he do? He had nothing and he came in his home with nothing but his rags of clothes on his back.

The male starred at him and Henry shifted his gaze, growing uncomfortable being under his scrutiny. Though when he stood up, sweat formed along his temple yet he remained rooted to his spot. A game? What the hell did he mean by that? Then he remembers Keegan's words to give into the master's strange urges. "Y-yes master." He meekly nodded.

[/fieldbox]

"Ah, really? Well I will try them on when I return to my room." She responded as she starred up at the male. She couldn't help but to wonder what type of clothes he got for her. Though his thank you threw her completely off. What did he mean? Assuming that he meant the outfits, she offered him a reassuring smile. "I am sure they will be fine." She murmured before glancing over to Gerard.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Kaito grinned at the servant's response. Oh, what a good servant - so docile, so naive. To the aesthetist, no image could be more perfect then a sensually appealing young Adonis, like himself. Killian folded his hands behind himself and made a brisk half circle to stand behind the male. Henry was only half-complete... He simply lacked the same mindset. "Good," said Killian, leaning forward and peeking at the male from the space beside the other's head, where he could also spy the purple-lipped irises that stood in the right corner of his desk.

"Henry." The sound of the whisper might have spooked the other male, but Killian quickly continued. "Some day, when you are old and wrinkled as either the lowly murderer Polynices, or Creon, the King of Thebes himself - when thought has made ugly lines upon your head, and passion pouted your lips, you will feel it. You will feel it terribly, and it will burn your very soul... You will finally realize what you have missed in life-" Killian whispered, breath ghosting against the other's ear, "I, who have lived for a hundred years, see it without bearing the punishment of time on my face, I now know - self-denial is useless, and limits a man's happiness. I fancy that the real tragedy of humanity is that they can only afford self-denial... Beautiful sins, like all beautiful things, are a privilege of the ageless vampire, the handsome, or the rich."

Suddenly, and very gently, the man unhooked his hands from behind his back and pressed the tips of his fingers gently against Henry's sides, feeling the warm, blood-filled body beneath the fabric. "This game is called, 'don't spill my tea.' I think you understand the premise already... If you fail, you owe me a feeding. If you remain steadfast, I will promise not to feed on you for the next two weeks. If you refuse to play, the next game - something else - will be mandatory. Do we have an agreement, or do you refuse?"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter looked down at the girl, a strange, sober look in his gaze. Did she mean the clothes, or the...? The latter will most certainly not be fine... But Peter still had her 'forgiveness,' in a sense, and that was enough. It made him feel somewhat better about it all, and himself

"Let us go indoors - I must prepare for tomorrow, and there are a few things I forgot to mention... Safety procedures." [/fieldbox]

Henry remained facing forward while the vampire circled around him, out of his sight. It was clear that he was standing behind him, Henry could feel it. This man was definitely strange. Was he always like this? Or had this personality come forth with age?

The hairs on his arms rose at the creepy whisper the vampire emitted. Remaining absolutely still listening to his words, Hebry was a bit confused as to what he meant. Self-denial? How did that relate to him? It made no sense and he would have asked a couple of questions on the matter if not for the fact that he was his master.

A second or two after he finished speaking, cold finger tips rested at his sides. It was unnerving but his offer made him feel even worse. "I accept?" His voice wavered slightly, but he refused to move in fear of upsetting the vampire.

[/fieldbox]

Mary glanced back at the mansion and nodded. "Okay." She followed behind the male as they made their way back. She was still considering running away despite knowing that their master wouldn't use her as his source for blood. She had experienced it once-having blood get sucked out of her-and it was a painful experience that she rather not go through again.

"What are the safety procedures," she questioned once they stepped inside.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Self-denial was about refusing to sin - and it was something the vampire believed was senseless, preventing one from experiencing the best parts of life - lust, greed, and all kinds of debauchery. He had danced around the social construct of morality time and time again, unraveling its binding on him. After all - he was undead. Things that belonged to the living, such as morality, were not his. He would not abide by the rules of society, unless it was to get what he wanted.

And now he was this - this hedonistic, egotistical demon of a man. "Good." Killian purred deeply into the other's ear, letting his vampire charm spill over and flood the room. The hand traveled over the other's body, looking for a way to make the other male flinch. They skimmed over jutting hip-bones, cupping the other's sides firmly... Ah, but the gesture was too innocent, and he needed to win this game - Killian stuck his tongue out and licked a long, wet strip up the back of Henry's neck.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter glanced around the massive hall briefly, wondering what other things needed to be taken care of... Ah, yes - polishing the silverware. That would be the next thing to do. He glanced down at the girl.

"Other vampires are sometimes drawn to the area, likely due to the master's brother. He is a great friend of some of the most vile creatures... Ah, but I would rather not speak ill of the master's relatives. For your own safety, it would be best if you never found yourself near the other's manor, nor generally outside past dark. The villagers are on good terms with the master, but not with Killian - there are quite awful rumors about the other..." Quickly avoiding the subject, Peter sighed and muttered, "Tomorrow morning I will wake you up around six in the morning. You will come downstairs as soon as you can to help the other servants."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Hisao Tachibana, blue, dashed, 10"]
The whole objective of the game was for him to keep from spilling his tea, which sounded like a simple task to do until he felt the cold travel down towards his hips. It was then that he realize that he agreed to a game that would surely result in nothing good. His body grew rigid as his grip tightened before a shiver ran down his spine when the sensation of his tongue ran along his neck. How far would he go? Despite the touching hands and his tongue, Henry successfully managed to remain still not allowing for the blood to spill.

He did not want to become his feeding bag, and he would try everything just to get those two weeks free from him drinking his blood. How long would this game even last? "Master...how long will this game last," Henry had actually dared to voice out his question, and immediately began to pray that he didn't reprimand him for speaking out of term, but he wished to know.

[/fieldbox]

The master's brother? That's who Henry went with? Oh heavens, she could only hope that he was safe and fine.

"Alright. Um...can I eat something?" She questioned, her voice quiet and hesitant. Clearly the girl wasn't use to asking for food given that the first time she did at the auction house, she received a slap. Apparently they were to wait until their masters felt like feeding them, but the brunette was starving.

[/fieldbox[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killan laughed mockingly, "Oh, just until you lose."

The hands ran back up, this time threading themselves between the cloth of the male's shirt and his skin, over a smooth abdomen and all the way up to the ribs with cold fingers and a clinical precision.
The vampire was out of his mind, and too far past the rigorous structure of society - it was a weak thing anyway, much too easily toyed with. His soft fingers rubbed against the other's bones. For a moment, instinct took over, and the vampire pressed his lips against the back of Henry's neck, bearing his teeth just enough to taste the other's skin - oh Lord, how he craved... How he desired to feel warm again... To sink let his fangs sink deeply into flesh, and to feel the russet steams of pour out and cover his tongue with the taste of scarlet iron... Blood and flesh were so deeply connected to the vampire - lusts collide, and two kind of longing become one. His hands gently caressed, gently rubbed, gently skimmed over the other's form...

"You're quite thin..." And in a strange moment of weakness, no doubt caused by the longing, he uttered, "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, you know - the auction house."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Peter gasped, eyes growing wide as embarrassment settled over him. "Oh goodness - do forgive me, I have forgotten... Of course, you must be utterly famished..." Peter's hand settled gently over the girl's shoulder, and a worried, hazel-brown gaze met Mary's green, timid stare... He was surprisingly empathetic despite, well, the kind of person he really was. "Follow me to the kitchens please..."

The butler slowly led the way back to where Matilda worked hard to create the various delicious and incredibly expensive dishes that Zachary fed his servants, and occasionally ate himself. She was busy running two-and-fro several pots on the stove. As Peter inhaled, a fantastically delightful aroma hit his nose and he couldn't help but ask, "Is that the duck? My, what an exquisite smell..."

Matilda turned to glance at the butler and the maid, and noticeably brightened as her aged eyes settled on the young girl. Mary reminded her so much of herself when she was younger... "Hullo deary, do come in. I have something cooking for you already... Hope you don't mind salmon fillets?"[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry's eyes widened dramatically at the vampire's words. Until he lost? Then there was definitely no winning this game if his intention was to eventually cause him to drop the tea. The cold hands traveled upwards, feeling against his abdomen before the sensation of lips connected with the back of his neck. The boy stopped breathing as he felt the light prickling sensation and he knew exactly what they were: his teeth. He hadn't even lost the game yet!

Henry was taken aback when his master suddenly apologized for what he had went through. Something about his apology angered him and at that moment, he struggled against the vampire, effectively spilling the tea. It occurred to him at that moment, that he just messed up his luck- greatly. Cursing under his breath, he quickly turned to stare up at Killian with fear in his eyes. It was clear that he didn't want the vampire drinking his blood.
[/fieldbox]

A light nervous chuckle left her lips and she hastily shook her head. "No, no. It is fine, sir." Mary didn't really blame him for that. He wasn't the one who wouldn't provide her with the necessary rations of food to maintain her health. Following behind the taller male, she glanced around before a wonderful smell hit her nose. Immediately her mouth watered while her stomach burned from hunger.

The elderly woman-Maltida-greeted them and said a few words that honestly brightened Mary's mood. "Salmon fillets? No, ma'am. It already smells delicious."
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian grinned devilishly as Henry struggled away and spilled the blood all over the tray. It had all been part of his plan - the vampire knew that his words would have deeply affected the male.

The rush of glee at winning their game intensified as Henry turned around and stared up at him with fear-filled eyes, like some kind of startled deer. It was the strange expression wild game would make when a hunter misstepped and alerted their prey - and only the apex predator could ever take joy in it, for even when spotted, his prey rarely escaped him. The vampire reached out and clutched the other's shirt, now stained red with blood. "My, what a mess you've made... I am disappointed, Henry. I figured that you would last longer," the creature winked suggestively and slapped the tray out of the other's hand - it clattered loudly to the floor.

"I win." Killian reached out once more, this time seizing Henry by the neck and clutching it tightly in his pale hands... He could feel the roaring pulse of the other male beneath his fingers - oh, what a rush it was.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Matilda's smile became slightly more... angry as she glanced up at Peter. "See, at least someone here is grateful..."

"Oh please Matilda, you know that I appreciate your cooking..."

"Is that so?" The old woman growled under her breath as she turned around to prepare Mary's meal. In a couple of minutes, she had retried a sizable fillet from her skillet, garnished with parsley, and added a good portion of vegetables to the side. Peter turned to prepare silverware for the girl, and set it down on the small corner-table before pulling a chair out for her. "Have a seat," he gestured to the chair, and Matilda brought the food over.

Once she set the dish down, the woman returned to the pots and pans by the sink, and uttered a question. "Peter, have you heard anything about the... 'Problem' from the villagers?"

The man shook his head, sighing. "No... I'm afraid not. That vampire is being particularly elusive... Perhaps it isn't feeding on the villagers. We must be careful, it followed Killian here."[/fieldbox]

The rapid beating of his heart resounded within his ears while his skin grew even more pale. Henry sucked in a breath when a pale hand scrunched up his stained shirt, the metallic smell becoming more prominent now that it was literally on him like some sort of fragrance only this was a steel that appealed to vampires. It didn't register that the tray had been slapped out of his hands until he heard it clatter off to the side. Go she, why did he let his emotions get the best of him?

Shit. His airway was being squeezed and the male was struggling to breath properly. "Please," he rasped, his hands immediately coming up to try and pry Killian's hands away from his neck. "I'll do anything...just...don't do this!" Henry pleaded as he starred up at his master. From what he had whitnessed, it was something painfu and he didn't want to go through that.

[/fieldbox]

Mary watched as Matilda pulled out the salmon before placing it on a plate and adding more to the dish. This truly was quality cooking and she felt privileged to be able to eat something like that, given her meals she had been receiving at the auction house. The vampires had viewed them as something lower than dirt. It had been horrible and she had hated it but there was nothing she could have done to change it.

"Oh, thank you very much." Mary gave Peter a smile before taking a seat in the chair he had pulled out. Right after, the woman brought the dish over and set it down in front of her. "Thank you ma'am." Picking up the silverware in her hands, she immediately sliced a piece of salmon before placing the morsel in her mouth. It was delicious! Moving to the vegetables, her expression brightened immediately. Mary was too engrossed in her food that she hadn't paid attention to the duo's conversation.

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: Desu Juice
[fieldbox="Killian Brighton, maroon, dashed, 10"]Killian grinned with an all new hellfire in his eyes as Henry begged and pleaded pitifully. The pulse raced under his fingertips - like the fluttering wings of a butterfly caught in the massive, sharp-toothed mouth of a hungry wolf.

"Do anything...?" Ah, when would Henry learn - he is not dealing with a man, nor a vampire, but with a demon. The eyes ran down the other's body again, sluggish and greedy. It was clear that the vampire was suggesting something that was along the lines of being utterly inappropriate. "What do you have in mind?"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Peter Harper, darkblue, dashed, 10"]Matilda shrugged, and set the lid of a pan down hard enough to make a clatter. "As long as we don't go outside past dark, it should be fine." Peter nodded, reaching up to gracefully run a hand through his blonde locks, deep in thought. "Unless this vampire has something against the master..."

"And why would 'e?" The old woman banged something against a pan, and Peter flinched. "Because... What if Killian wants to get rid of his brother? Zachary has ensured that Killian gets quite the nice inheritance-"

"Nonsense!" Matilda suddenly screeched, turning around to point a fiery stare and an accusing finger at Peter. "None 'o you may think so, but I fancy that Killian is kinder than you blokes make him out to be."

In response, Peter offered a cold chuckle, and a shake of his head. "Oh?"

"You all accuse him of being quite the monster... And yet, the master's brother actually does all he can to help. Now, I'm not really supposed to tell yous so much, but I'm tired of hearin' all these accusations! Killian... Is a vampire-hunter, and pretends to do it for the coin the Queen offers him in exchange, but he only slays the vampires that get close to his brother." At this, Peter's eyebrows furrowed and the male gaped at the old woman, unsure of what he should say. A vampire-hunter? Usually those were people, hardened soldiers, who have nothing to live for and don't mind dying a terrible death... But Killian? What in the world...[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Henry was blinded to the obvious hints Killian was showing by the fear coursing through his very being. The only objective he had was to not have the vampire pierce his fangs through his skin-to not go through that pain. Flashbacks of Mary's pained eyes as the vampire had sucked her blood came through his mind. Then the way her eyes appeared to be in some sort of daze when the male had drank far too much.

"Anything," he barely manage to gasp out as he struggled to breath. Henry had honestly been thinking more along the lines of cleaning and maybe helping him with much more things. It never occurred to him that he would think of inappropriate things. Such a naive mind, that would surely get him into trouble with this vampire.

[/fieldbox]

Mary's attention was drawn to the conversation Peter and Matilda were having though she still ate the salmon in front of her. The food was satisfying her stomach though she found herself unable to eat more than half given that her stomach wasn't accustomed to such portions of food. But, she didn't want to appear rude, so she forced a couple more vegetables into her mouth and chewed slowly.

Listening to Matilda as she spoke about the master's brother, she was shocked to hear that he was a vampire hunter, which was pretty ironic given that he was a vampire himself. But that's besides the point. Why would he hunt vampires? She would have expected for him to look out for his kind not kill them, or maybe they didn't even care about that. They probably just cared about themselves.

"Excuse me," she called out to the two of them. "I don't mean to pry into something that isn't my business but how is the master's brother like? My cousin was sent to him and I'm worried for his being."

[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.