Carnal Nightmare [ FINISHED RP]

Re: Carnal Nightmare

Creed hoped Helaine didn't feel too awkward about asking him out, it had just taken him by surprise. His reaction, while not the smoothest thing he had ever done, not even in the top 10, was still better than telling her flat out no. Not that he wouldn't enjoy dating her, it just wasn't that simple for him. He needed time to process everything. In the past he had sacrificed everything for hunting, he felt selfish putting himself before his work, but at the same time he felt that maybe it was time to finally enjoy life a little.
Creed stared dreamily out the window and over the land scape of this little road side town. It really wasn't much of a town at all, but it had a certain beauty to it. He wondered if anyone actually lived here or if they drove in from neighboring cities to work here?

He was jarred from his thoughts by a waiter asking what he wanted.

"I'll take the Chicken fried steak and a large root beer float." Said Creed. The waiter brought the food back quickly, must have been a slow night.

"I think we should be able to make it to Disney tomorrow." Creed said to Helaine "Maybe We'll even have time to get into the park tomorrow evening, If we leave early enough in the morning."

Helaine loved that idea. "Sounds good to me, Creed. And..... I'm sorry, if my earlier question about dating disturbed you so much. I want you to know I'd never make anyone do what they don't want to..." She said meaningfully. She had ordered french toast with a side of cheesy scrambled eggs and another tall glass of milk.

She really -hadn't- meant to make Creed uncomfortable, back in the hotel. And if he wanted to reject her, well she was used to that. But if he did want to date, she'd meant what she'd said about being okay just starting out slow and casual.~

"Don't worry about it." Said creed with a mouthful of Chicken. He swallowed and realized that he had probably done the wrong thing, but at the same time right now was not the time for a serious relationship. There would be time for that, later. He just hoped that Helaine wouldn't get upset with him and leave.

Creed woke up bright and early the next morning. He was always an early riser, even if he stayed up late the night before. Sometimes he would go without sleeping, too. It was all part of the job. Demons didn't take anytime off so, in turn, neither did he. As he watched the sun rise from the balcony of their motel room he thought about everything that had led Helaine and himself to the cross roads they were now at. He thought back to the first time he met her, and the wraith Seth that had almost taken her out of the game, it seemed like years ago. And now here they were, together, and on their way to Disney world. Then he thought, as he often did, if he would ever have a normal life, one without hunting, one with normal activities, one with a family. The thought was good, but he knew, deep inside that he would ever be able to rest as long as there were Demons breathing on earth.

Creed walked back inside, shutting the sliding door behind him.

"Ready to go Helain." He said. For the moment all the events of last night had left him, he did not feel uncomfortable in the least.

Who was Helaine kidding? She was probably going to be a single, old crotchety spinster woman by the time she was old enough to retire from work and hunting. That is, if she even lived that long. She woke up, and nodded. "Yep. I'm awake." She hurriedly used the shower, got dressed, before making sure her suitcase had everything she'd need for the vacation, then was ready to go right after a small breakfast, compliments of the hotel room service. She was helping with the luggage and carrying it out to Creed's vehicle. Thoughts of Florida, bright and sunny weather, and Disney world kept her from feeling too emo that day.~

Creed drove out of the little town and onto the main highway. The sun was just coming up over the horizon and casting a beautiful, orange-ish glow over the landscape. He got the car up to about 75mph and set the cruise control. He figured, if traffic wasn't too heavy, that they would arrive in Disney by late after-noon. This particular stretch of road was dotted with little gas stations and the occasional mid-sized city. Creed loved road trips. They made him feel so free and adventurous. After several hours a sign passed that said: Orlando 53 miles

"Almost there Helaine. I can't wait to get out of this damn car, too much driving makes me sore and tired"

"I agree. It's cramping in the passenger seat too. But I don't mind since we're almost there." She stretched just a little in the seat,occasionally running a brush through her hair so it didn't get too tangled. She considered getting it trimmed as well once they stopped at their hotel in Florida. The hours seemed to pass by mostly comfortably. They had a wide selection of snacks and drinks in the middle seat in case they got too hungry or thirsty and there were no road side diners or restraunts to pull in. She was watching the scenery drift by and often dozing in the car, it was such a comfortable ride, no bumps or even jerky stops at all. She was rather impressed with this vehicle. And the stereo certainly helped take her mind off unpleasant things.

AS the day started to slowly fade into twilight, Creed saw the exit for Orlando. Not much further now, and as he took the highway that would lead them to the Magic Kingdom, the large white dome came into view. No matter how old Creed got, that sight always sparked excitement in him. It was magic in a way, that someone like Creed, who had seen the most evil things on earth, could be touched in such a way by a theme park. It was beautiful.

Creed pulled up and gave the nearest bellboy a 20 dollar bill to park his car. They entered the main building and waited in line to check in. After they got the keys and got in the room, Creed flopped down on the bed, exhausted. The room was very nice, furnished in usual Disney fashion, complete with pictures of Alice in Wonderland on the pillows. Out their window was a spectacular view of the park. It really paid getting a room on the 19th floor, thought Creed.

Helaine grinned at the sight of the theme park even before they got there. When they checked into a beautiful Disney hotel however, she instantly took a nice hot shower to rid herself of travel grime, and changed clothes in the bathroom. Blow drying her hair took a while, but soon she was glad to flop on her own bed, staring out her window like a kid watching a cartoon... "So... after a nap, what's first?" She asked tossing a pillow at Creed's face.

Creed was so relaxed that he actually fell asleep as Helaine took a shower. He had dreams of driving, and driving and driving. That's how it always was when he was on long road trips. Normally he would dream of hunting, but for once, those dreams were gone. It felt good, although he took little notice of it. It seemed that is wasn't always easy to appreciate the good times in life, but it always seemed far to easy to dwell on the bad stuff. Creed was awakened suddenly from his dreamland drive by a pillow to the head.

"What...who." he sat up and rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands. "Well, we could go take a look at the park. Maybe Magic Kingdom? If we're lucky they'll have a firework show tonight."

"Alright. Magic Kingdom then, after a nap. She agreed, smiling as she went to go use the bath tub rather than her usual shower, and of course, she took plenty of time drying off and blow drying her hair once in her bath robe of bright pink. She changed into a comfortable green t-shirt with black jeans, socks, and curled up on her bed, quite happy to just doze into a light sleep for an hour or two.

Creed had uneasy dreams, despite being in a place that is normally stress free. He dreamed that he and Helaine were on a huge space ship being chased by some sort of space pirates, and the strange part was her name was Terra in the dream and his Lance, how strange, maybe it was something from another life? Creed hardly believed in such things, so the dream was forgotten almost as soon as he got out of bed. He looked out the window and into the sunny Florida morning. Past the courtyard of the Hotel he could see the peaks of the magical kingdom castle and the tops of the many rides. He couldn't help but feel a child like excitement as he went to get ready for the day. He put on his favorite pair of Levi 501s and a white shirt. He even took the time to run a comb through his hair before going to see if Helaine was ready to go.

Helaine also had very strange dreams herself. She kept seeing herself, unable to get lost -anywhere- and the memories of marrying a guy named Lance Silver. She'd even had his son. What had happened to that lifetime? Was it real? it certainly felt -incredibly- realistic. Especially those moments of fighting and fleeing for their lives, and exploring other planets. Had that happened?? What was going on that she even had those dreams? And then, she remembered brilliant silver-blue flashes of light just like she gave off now! Why? what did it all mean? By the end of the dream, she knew. Her heart was really filled with those two treasures: A Sapphire compass, and that other.... strange gem. Two treasure pieces. No wonder the monsters were after her. She was a complete -magnet!- By the time she woke up, he didn't even realize she had tears streaming down her face.

Creed splashed cold water in his face and brushed his teeth. All he could think about were the hot dogs he was going to eat at the park.

Creed thought little of the dream after waking, but at the same time it seemed as if it was creeping around in the depths of his mind. He couldn't help but feel some sort of strange relation to this 'Lance' as if it was more than a figment of his imagination, but in fact...actually him. Almost He shook his head and walked towards the bed where Helaine was just waking up. He noticed tears streaming down her cheeks. He sat at the edge of the bed and gently put his hand on her back.

"Are you ok, Helaine" he said, genuinely concerned. Although things had been stressful lately, he had not known Helaine as one to cry like this.

Helaine rested her head on his shoulder, wiping tears from her eyes so he wouldn't worry. "Yes. I'm alright.. Just.. such a sad dream, that's all. But we're in the happiest place on Earth, so lets go do something fun, that's the best remedy for forgetting bad dreams." She said with a smile. She was looking forward to several of the rides, and sight-seeing, not to mention the wonderful gift shops that lay ahead. If the dream was real, it couldn't possibly mean anything now. Could it?

Creed, for the moment, didn't associate his dream with Helaine's. Although it was unlike him to have dreams to strike with such intensity, he decided to keep his own to himself for the time being. He reached down and stroked her hair, giving her a light kiss on the top of her head.

"Alright, that sounds good to me. I'm starving, but what's new?" He got up, practically pulling Helaine up with him. "Let's go!"

They headed down the elevator and into the main lobby, from there it was only a short shuttle ride away from park. As soon as they set foot in the magic kingdom, Creed was overtaken with the sights and smells. He loved the way that the park was made up into different themes, his personal favorite being tomorrow land, it was like a magical journey through a fantasy world. They made their way into tomorrow land and Creed saw a space ship ride, Magic mountain. He stopped short. He looked at the small, replica space shuttle and suddenly got the feeling he had been on a ship similar to that before. It was as if he was a captain on a ship like thatr. He could almost recall how to operate and work the devices. Not wanting to give into the obvious fantasy, he grabbed Helaine's hand and pulled her towards the ride.

"Let's go on this first!"

Helaine was all for experiencing only happy moments at this theme park! She eagerly agreed to ride what looked like a seriously cool space shuttle. It was early, which meant the lines weren't too horrible, and so she was sitting next to Creed in the first row seat of the shuttle in a matter of 20 minutes, and soon experiencing the first thrills of the day!~

The ride zipped to life. Bright lights and sound whooshed all around them, it was a total mind and body experience. As the ride peaked to the tipy-top of what Creed hopped was about to be a massive drop, he got a sudden flash from his dream. He and Helaine were on a small spce ship this time and about to descend. The never ending vastness of space was all around them, and it was captivating! It was almost like seeing into the future, but from his own eyes. Impossible, or so Creed thought. As the ride reached the peak and was about to drop, Creed made a decision to tell Helaine about his dream as soon as they got off.

When the ride was over, she spotted a concession stand that sold funnel cakes, and corn dogs on a stick. She tugged Creed over there, and got herself lunch, as well as a good drink, letting him decide what he wanted. After she got her funnel cake and coca cola, she knew she needed to get that dream off her chest, which was strangely hurting for some odd reason. And she felt as if something major were trying to happen... Oh please, not now, whatever this is can wait... She thought, trying not to look worried.

Creed got himself two corn dogs, a large lemonade and a slice of cheese pizza. By the time they made their way to the seating he had already devoured one of the dogs. It was hot out, but luckily they were able to find a nice shaded area to eat. Creed watched Helaine as he washed a bite of pizza down with ice cold lemonade. She seemed worried about something. He had spent enought time with her to know that her feelings were oftentimes signs that bad things were gonna happen. It was almost like she had a sixth sense. As he chewed thoughtfully on the crust of his slice, he decided to tell her about his dream.

"So while I was taking a nap earlier I had the strangest dream. It was about these two people, who oddly reminded me of you and I. They could have easily been our respective relatives. Anyways they were in the future, flying through space in a small ship. The dream wasn't so strange on its own, but it was the feeling I got from it. It was as if I had been there myself. I could feel what the captain of the ship was feeling, and the girl was just like you in a lot of ways. I don't know what it means,but after being a hunter all these years I too have come to take certain feelings and dreams seriously. Why I would have a dream like this now, I have no idea, but I can't shake the feeling like it is trying to tell me something."

He finished his other dog and awaited her response.

"Strange.. I had the same dream at the same time... Creed, it has to mean something...maybe it's trying to tell us about the weird light I shoot off? And for some reason... my chest wants to have a heart attack. Not that I'd let it.~" She said, nibbling on half of the funnel cake. The powder sugar as always, was delicious. It actually seemed to help, as comfort foods were known for settling high emotions in times of crisis, she finally started to believe that statement.