Carnal Nightmare [ FINISHED RP]

Re: Carnal Nightmare

Creed thought about the relations to Helaine, himself and the dream. Could it be that they were connected? Not only to each other, but to a couple of people from the future as well? Helaine's powers, as Creed always suspected, were not of this earth. They were a powerful weapon against demons and ghosts, and yet, at the same time they were something more. If only they could learn more about them, maybe then there would be easier to make the connection to the dreams.

" I think we need to find out more about your Power Helaine. I know were are here on vacation, but something just can't wait." He wasn't entirely sure where he was going with this, but nonetheless had a gut feeling it had to be done.

Helaine blinked, but she had to agree they did need to figure out how to both harness her powers -and- then they needed to use everything she learned back in Hope Falls to eradicate the overwhelming number of monsters and demons that kept trying to attack her. Or she'd never have a peaceful life, or any chance at normal life style. Neither would Creed. "Alright... where do we start and how?" She asked, finishing her funnel cake with a long drink of soda.~

"I don't, know. To be totally honest I am not sure what we should do." Creed finished up his food and stood up. Although he pretty much knew what had to be done, he didn't want to voice his opinion..not yet. Not so soon after they arrived in Disney. his feelings of guilt from when they first met were still strong in his heart, and he was constantly weighing them against his duty as a hunter, and more than that, as his duty as protector of hope falls.

"Maybe tonight we could go out to Dinner, Helaine." He paused, not wanting to mention the fact that he was already wanting to return to hope falls. "Perhaps we could discuss it more then."

Little did Creed know that they would not get the chance to return to Hope falls before he would be able to test his theory. At this very moment, In sunny Orlando an evil stirred and sensed Helaine.

Helaine nodded. "We can eat at the Sci-fi theater tonight. I hear they have excellent burgers." She smiled, and rose from the table, throwing her trash away. Then she spotted the Magic Kingdom gift shop, and instantly dragged him for a shopping spree for Disney goods, before spotting a really awesome looking roller coaster. "We might want to wait before going on the rides again." She grinned, forgetting momentarily their dangerous situation. She couldn't help returning to her childlike thrills at least for the day!

As Creed purchased an arm full of assorted items, ranging from Stuffed plushies to Disney themed glassed, for Helaine, something dark, perched high above the park, watching and waiting. It sat in complete darkness, save for an deep, crimson glow from a pair of haunted red eyes. It was huddled up into a small ball, high atop the peak of the Matahorn, Disneys highest Roller coaster. It sat in one of the caves that were meant to add a sense of realism to the ride, little did anyone know how real things were about to get.

"Ok, Helaine" Said Creed, as he almost dropped a stuffed Goofy plush on the ground "LEt's go back to the room and get ready for dinner. I am starving!"

They made their way back to the room and got ready. Creed got on the phone and made reservations to the Sci-Fi restaurant. He got them a great table, outside, that over looked the entire park. Although Creed hardly paid attention to anything other than his food while he ate, he thought Helaine might enjoy the view.

Helaine felt a strange unease as they placed their bags of Disney trinkets on the floor of their hotel room. She showered, then got dressed semi-formally for the theater restraunt. She brushed it off, too many years made her paranoid, even on a fun vacation. Lame. At the restraunt they both sat in a nice booth, and had delicious cheese burgers with an endless refill of fries while watching a show. She enjoyed the evening a lot, but was happy to ride just one or two more rides, watch the fireworks with Creed, and then go to bed early, passing out almost before her head hit the pillows. It was a semi-chilly night, so she had the blankets almost over her head. Then, she was in such a deep sleep, she wouldn't have noticed anything at all.

Creed slept like a brick almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. They got home from Dinner, Creed laid down and that was it. He would look back on it later and attribute it to the fact that he had eaten so much at the sc-fi diner that he had effectively put himself into a food coma! Outside their 15th story hotel room, a complete dark swept over the park. It was one of those nights where even the moon seems to be hiding from the night. Atop the Matahorn two red eyes pierced through the dark and a face with a frozen look of terror emerged.

It stood now, having been balled up and hidden, as it always was, during the day, and rose to at least 6 feet tall. It's body was thin, but at the same time well build and formed. It wore all back, and had a long swooping cape that it used to wrap itself in during those long hot Florida days; Being a demon in Sunny Florida was a bitch of a job, but feeding on the tourists was nice. And tonight was extra special because something delicious was waiting for him. He could sense it calling to him, like most could, whenever Helaine was near. It jumped from the top of the ride and dove through the air towards the Hotel room where Helain now slept. It got to the window and was inside the room, noiselessly and totally unnoticed. It waited in the darkest corner of the room for just a moment then approached Helaine, hungry, and ready to feast on her.

Helaine had no idea she was in so much danger, she was completely wiped out from such a long, but fun day! She slept dream-less, for a change, and got the rest she needed. Little did she know, thanks to Creed's unconsciousness, and her lack of alertness, she was about to become a snack!~ Things were not looking good for Helaine, and they were supposed to have been safe while out of Hope Falls. So much for that theory!

The Vampire, who's pale skin clung tightly around his face and neck, was in desperate need of nourishment. The hair on his head had begun to fall out in gruesome clumps and his fingernails were cracked and torn. He was not your stereotypical attractive Vampire, but instead a disgusting mess due to long time in hiding and poor diet. AS he approached Helaine he felt weak, but her essence, for lack of a better word, was like a magnet to him. He went for her neck, the soft flesh just below her chin, and swiftly turned her head to the right. He bit down, and hard, feeling his teeth puncture the skin as a warm flow of thick blood began pouring into his mouth. He sucked, but in his weakened state there was no way he would be able to drain her. Instead he drank what little he could, hoping that she wouldn't wake up.

Helaine -couldn't- wake up, but vaguely she felt herself growing weaker by the second! Her blood would soon begin empowering the vampire feeding on her, but at the same time, just as he almost drained her -dry-, she felt the blue light shoot off in all directions, filling the entire room with sapphire colored rays, and literally turning the vampire into total dust. The flare died down, but Helaine couldn't even seem to stop glowing! She was still so tired she didn't even wake up, and the blood was still running down her neck!

The creature tried to retreat, but it was of no use. It writhed and cringed against the strange blue light. It was like a white hot fire against his skin, and he could actually feel his teeth melting inside his jaw. Within seconds he was gone, obliterated.

Creed, although deep in sleep, awoke the instant the blue light filled the room. He caught the last glimpse of the Vampire as it faded out of this world. His vision instantly shifted to Helaine who was bleeding profusely from her neck. Her body seemed to be irradiating a strange blue light, it was brlilliant and powerful. It was so amazing that he froze for just a moment, before running to her aid. He pulled out a knife and cut a length of fabric from the bed and used it to tie around her neck, but the light kept shinning. Creed was entranced by it and for the second time knew that it was indeed the weapon that would rid Hope falls of Demons forever.

Dizzy, that's how Helaine felt even in her sleep. She wasn't able to even respond as Creed took care of her hideous bite marks. She simply rolled over, and curled up in a smaller ball! That's how tired she felt now, she wasn't aware at all anything had taken place! Her body was glowing brilliantly, though it showed no signs of self-healing factors, it -did- keep anything else evil at bay just from radiance alone. It would rip apart any evil creature that so much as touched their hotel window at this point. And worse, Helaine's chest was momentarily transparent through the glow- it revealed the strange gem and- compass lodged inside her heart, proving that the dreams she and Creed had recently been sharing, were a little too real..~

Creed was memorized from Helaine's glow. It was a brilliant blue that seemed to light everything in the room with a bright, but not unpleasant light. He laid close to her, liking the way her body felt near his. Her powers had shown him one thing: That she was going to be a necessity in his life from this moment on, weather or not he wanted it. He needed her, not only as a fellow hunter but as a friend. He saw that she was fascinated with something, something on her chest. He looked and everything became clear. The girl in his dream had that same thing embedded into her chest. He wasn't sure what it was, but he knew at the same time. It was a sapphire navigation device.

"Helaine, have you ever noticed that before? Creed paused scratching his chin with the backs of hands. "Can you use it?"

Helaine blinked awake, just as dawn crept over the curtains of the hotel window. "Hmm... noticed wha-...." She sat straight up, panicked. "I'm glowing! And.. And bleeding! What happened??" She asked, nearly banging her head on the headboard. She winced, her neck still felt very sore, even from just talking. She frowned noticing the bandage around her neck at the same time. "Ow... okay...." She settled back down, really kind of freaked out just then.~

Creed watched Helaine from a chair near the bed. He had been up for a while know, and wasn't sure really what to do. The blue light from her dream, the compass, the sudden attack. It was all too much. It seemed that no matter where they went, no matter what they did they just couldn't get away. Creed had his elbows propped up on his thighs with his head in his hands. He wasn't feeling self pity, as that posture might suggest, but instead he was deep in thought. He wanted to find out more about the blue light from Helaine, but it seemed that she didn't wasnt to talk about it. That was o.k., thought Creed, when she is ready we'll figure it out.

Regardless of everything else there was one thing that needed to be done, and soon. They had to stop the vamp that tried to kill Helaine. Creed began getting dressed, putting on his black boots and vest. He also armed himself with his .357 with the blessed bullets and a long dagger. He had hopped that it wouldn't come to this, but unfornately there was no escaping the evils of the world, not even in Disney.

"Helaine, I think we should find and kill that creature that attacked."

"I have to agree.. it might come back, and I don't feel like I have a lot of blood right now.. though I'm sure I'll be fine eventually." She said even as the room started to spin. She leaned her head on Creed's shoulder. Suddenly, someone at the other end of the door knocked, and quickly, Helaine bolted for the restroom. She was glowing -non-stop!- It wasn't a good idea to have someone walk in on her, then freak out and scream that she was an alien to the public. She soaked in the shower while the hotel's room service group did their task, then left, asking Creed if the two of them would like breakfast in the room, even giving him a menu of a continental breakfast to browse through. Helaine took a long shower, then as an after thought, dressed in the clean t-shirt and jeans before poking her head slightly through the bathroom door. "I'd love the cheese omelette with a side of biscuits, gravy, and a tall glass of milk, please." Then she closed the door again to use the hair dryer. The whole glowing thing would prove annoying if it lasted all day. She really didn't want to be cooped in, but if that was as bad as it got, at least they had a t.v. and room service!

Creed nearly choked when the knocking sounded at the door. It had been such a crazy night and he was already on edge.

"Just a minute." He yelled as a glowing Helaine rushed towards the bathroom. He couldn't help but stare at her. The bluish light was so awe inspiring. He felt almost like a dear transfixed in a set of headlights.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"House Keeeeping." Yelled the maid again

Creed composed himself the best he could then went to the door. He realized his hair was a mess and his shirt was un-tucked, hanging messily around his waist, but he didn't care. He opened the door just a crack and smiled on the squat little maid.

"House Keeping?" She said again, this time in question form.

"Yeah, thank you. Well take some towels and some soap and....

The little maid pushed her way into the room.

"House Keeping." She said again, this time with authority. She then proceeded to change the bed sheets and pillow cases, not even taking notice to the bloody one stuffed in the near by garbage, and then stood by the door.

"You like-a something to eat." Her out stretched hand held a menu. Creed examined it as Helaine yelled her order though the bathroom door.

"Yeah." said Creed "I'll take eggs bacon and sausage with an English muffin, please."

The maid nodded and left. Creed sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Helaine to get out of the shower. The only thing on his mind, besides breakfast, was how she would look under the hot water of the shower with that blue light pouring out of her body.

Helaine darted so fast back into the bathroom that she couldn't stop trembling as she took -extremely long- in blow drying her hair after her shower. And she was unnecessarily fussy while putting on and straightening her clothes as well! The house keeper had to leave the soaps, towels, and shampoos, by the bathroom door. Only when it was completely quiet, did Helaine relax certain the house keepers had left.

Until breakfast arrived, and she once again ducked into the bathroom, sequestering herself inside the shower stall, wishing that the glowing would stop. She noticed Creed's fascination with it, like a child drawn to an extremely shiny toy, and smiled sadly. If only she could be as unconcerned! She did not- want to walk out of the bathroom that entire day. She felt like a circus freak, unable to leave a tent due to an abnormality that no one else in the world had, and that everyone in the world would try to kill her for.

"Creed.. I'm scared." She said through the door after the breakfasts were delivered to their room.~ She really wasn't scared, more like petrified. But admitting to the scared part was hard enough.

They had the food spread out on the table by the window overlooking the park. The bright Florida sun was already beginning to heat up the day. Creed started by chomping down two of his four sausage links, followed by an egg. When Creed ate eggs he ate them whole, not wanting to waste even a drop of yolk. People made fun of him for it, but he could care less.

"Don't be scared, Helaine. I'll stick with you, don't worry"
Creed said in a comforting, caring voice. Although he really had no idea how to comfort her, or anyone, in a situation like this. How exactly were you supposed to go about telling someone that a blue light coming from their body was ok? In all honesty, Creed had no idea what it was or how to stop it.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out."
he lied, and then continued through a mouthful of bacon " I think our first task should be killing that vampire that attacked last night."

Helaine nodded, then plopped down next to Creed to enjoy her own breakfast, trying to ignore the horrible glowing light that wouldn't stop. "Needless to say, I might be having to stay indoors all day thanks to this small glowing problem. I wonder why I'm glowing and how to make it leave." She sighed, munching her biscuits and gravy first, chasing it with the glass of milk. Breakfasts here were really good. "As for that vampire... I wonder if killing it will fix this problem too? Maybe that... compass is trying to alert me of danger that I already know about." Sometimes Helaine had strokes of genius when it came to figuring out solutions to her problems.~