Camp Half-Blood RP (With Crystobert)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dairen tried to answer him, but the son of Hades became distracted by Crystal's odd behavoir. Nico watched his friend with concern, for Robert seemed to have become anxious. What was wrong with her?

Robert knelt in front of her to try to find her gaze, to make her look at him. When he knelt, her eyes seemed glazed, her mind somewhere else. She seemed...distant.

"Crystal?" Robert whispered. A single tear fell down his cheek, escaping his grasp.

"Crystal-" Nico started to walk forward, but Dairen stopped him by grabbing his hand.

"Hold on Nico, this may not be what it looks like." Dairen stated, squeezing his hand with reassurance. "Just watch."

Crystal's mind ran through her recent nightmare over and over, the most terrifying parts very vivid. Robert holding Dara's hand, the way he looked so lovingly onto her eyes, and...and when they kissed...

Nico didn't want to just stand there and watch Crystal like that, but he had no choice. There wasn't anything he could do.

Crystal's mind raced. She started mumbling things like. "Robert... No Robert... No... Stop..."

"No? What do you mean no? Crystal, what are you saying? Crystal, do you hear me?" Robert felt like he had lost her all over again, and it was all his fault.

Robert closed his eyes, bowing his head in defeat. Tears started streaming down his face, his body starting to quiver. He lost her for a second time, but he didn't know how he did.

"Please!" Robert stammered. "Come back!" He couldn't stand Crystal in her current state, a state far far away from him, and he didn't know if she would return to him.

Nico looked at Dairen with his eyebrows raised. "Are you still going to keep me from helping her?"

The son of Artemis sighed and dropped his arms. "Fine, just be careful ok?"

Giving one of his rare smiles, Nico nodded and took off. He wanted to give his boyfriend a quick peck, but there wasn't enough time. Crystal needed to be saved.

Robert didn't know what to do. He had lost her once because of his actions, and now it seems she's gone again, but he didn't know why.

Tears streaming down his face, Robert sat on the ground, putting his head between his knees, sobbing his heart out. Losing her the first time was hard enough on him, but this time it was worse. He didn't know what happened or how it fix the problem. He was lost.

Robert knew Crystal was his match, but with all this pain he's been through, he didn't know how much more he could take. Crystal didn't deserve this fate, no matter if her father is part of the Big Three or not, no one should go through what she has had to.

"I'm so ... sorry ... Crystal. I'm ... so sorry." Robert whispered between sobs.

Nico plopped down at the unconscious girl's side, hovering over her as he contemplated over what his options are. He could try shadow-traveling to the nearest village to get some supplies, but he had a feeling that pharmacies wouldn't offer much. Plus, he didn't even know if there's a town nearby at all. Sure, he could ask Lord Pegasus but Nico felt uneasy. What if he took too long? What if it drained too much of his energy? There was no way he could take another person with him there and back without taking a nice, long nap. There were many problems Nico could think of with this plan, but what else could he do?

Suddenly he got an idea.

Remembering the small worn black back-pack he carried everywhere in case of emergencies, the son of Hades swung the bag off his back. Quickly unzipping it, he dug through the lose items and retrieved a small zip-lock baggie of ambrosia squares. But Nico knew that raw food would be hard for Crystal to consume, so instead of opened a bottle of the Nectar of the gods. 'That should do it.' Nico thought with satisfaction as handed the bottle over to Robert.

"Give her some of this." Nico ordered the son of Ares. "This should help her keep up strength." He added a normal bottle of water to Robert's load. "Water should help too, I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal becomes dehydrated."

Robert nodded, wiping away any tears left on his face. Hr took the bottle as he stood, praying in his mind to the gods.

"Poseidon, please, help her. She doesn't deserve this. Dad, could you help too?" Robert tipped Crystal's head back slowly, dripping nectar slowly into her mouth. She involuntary swallowed.

Crystal gasped, her eyes focusing on the ground in front of her. She coughed a few times.

"Wha-" Crystal was cut off from the bear-hug Robert was giving her. She saw tears streaming down her face.

"You're okay! Thank the gods!" Robert whispered into her ear.

Dairen sighed with relief as he watched Crystal recover. It was good that she was finally out of that state she was in. Most of all, it seemed to calm Nico down to see her fully consciously awake, for the fear that the son of Artemis felt coming off his boyfriend in waves was gone. But as much as Dairen didn't want to, there are more pressing matters they had to intend to. Dara was still missing, and the more time they wasted the farther Dara is away from them.

"I can sense your anxiety." Pegasus stated, standing behind the demigod. "You wish to find you friend, correct?"

"I do." Dairen replied firmly, turning to the god. "It would be a great honor if you can offer your help with finding her. We can't succeed without you Lord Pegasus."

The Lord neighed at that. "That is true, you cannot possibly locate her without my guidance. But what I wonder is how much you're willing to sacrifice for her sake?"

Dairen blinked, completely thrown off guard. He didn't think that Pegasus would ask him for a price. Feeling stupid, Dairen sighed and wearily asked, "What is your price?"

"My price?" Pegasus cocked its head. "Isn't it obvious?"

Dairen smiled apologetically. "It isn't my lord, I'm sorry. I don't know what you want from me." He admitted.

Crystal saw Pegasus standing next to Dairen through the bear-hug from Robert. She could hear his voice in her head. As he mentioned why they were really hear, she slowly pushed Robert out of the tight hug.

"Robert, I'm the least of our worries. Dara's still missing." She looked right into his tear-soaked eyes. He nodded in response.

She looked at Nico, then gave him a big hug. "Thank you." She whispered in his ear. She couldn't read his expression as she pulled out of the hug.

Turning back toward Pegasus, she just caught the last of Dairen and Pegasus's conversation. A price?

"A price of what?" she blurted out.

Pegasus's eyes grew dreamy. "The most beautifully magical item in existence...All to be mine..." He stared off into space, which made Dairen stare. What the Hades is wrong with the god?

The lord continued is dramatic speech. "The thing in this world that makes all Pegasus's lives worth living...The white particles that glimmers like snow in the sun...." Pegasus sighed dreamily.

Nico's eyes dawned with realization at the god's words. Bringing out a handful of leftover white substance from the stables, he offered it to the Pegasus. "You mean sugar cubes, right?"

It took a lot of will power to hold back a snicker from inside Crystal. She kept a straight face, but it was hard.

"Sugar cubes are like gold to pegasi. You guys know Percy's Pegasus, Blackjack? He has to beg Percy, sometimes even me for sugar cubes." Crystal felt important to give the group information that they didn't know. She felt like Annabeth, but her rein didn't last long.

She felt a little faint, gripping Robert's sleeve to make sure she didn't blackout, but she tried to look as calm as possible. She could feel Robert's arm tense, knowing that her acting wasn't getting past his eyes, but he didn't say anything.

The Pegasus's eyes lit up right away, staring at the glorious sugar outstretched in the son of Hades' hand with awe in his face. "Its...so beautiful." He whimpered helplessly.

"You can have it." Nico told him.

The lord looked at him with wide eyes, convinced that his ears were playing tricks on him again. "Really?"

The younger demigod rolled his eyes, impatient with the Pegasus's blabbing. "Are you going to eat it or not?"

Holding back no longer, the Pegasus gobbled up the sugar at lightning speed. He licked Nico's hand for the rest of the sugar, not wanting to waste a precious particle. When satisfied, he neighed and nuzzled the now-slimy with pure happiness.

"Wonderful. You've had your snack. Now, are you going to help us find Dara or not?" Robert's irritation came out of no where, he even shocked himself, but with the resent episode with Crystal, he wasn't in the best mood.

Crystal's grip on his sleeve tightened, warning Robert that she wasn't going to last long conscious. He lowered his arm and rapped his arm around her waist, inviting her to lean on him if necessary.

Key:
= Lord Pegasus
= Nico
= Dairen

"Of course!" Lord Pegasus exclaimed, neighing. "I will tell you everything I know."

Nico raised an eyebrow. "You're not coming with us?"

"I afraid I can't go any further." Pegasus's big eyes became sad, mind somewhere far away. "If I get any kind of wound at all, my offspring will feel my pain. I cannot allow that to happen."

Dairen felt a pang of sympathy for the god, for he realized how much Pegasus really cared for his descendants. The son of Artemis knew that he would lock himself up in a heartbeat if any wound he had made anyone suffer. The older demigod could understand where the Lord was coming from.

"We understand." Dairen assured the god with compassion in his voice. "Just tell us what you can and we will work with it."

The Pegasus looked at the son of Artemis for a moment. "You look familiar...Have we met before?"

He shook his head. "I am the only offspring of Lady Artemis." Dairen answered him. But his mind was in turmoil, for he didn't know what the Pegasus meant by that. He looked nothing like his mother, for she had brown eyes with brownish-reddish hair (I don't know if that's what she looks like in the books) while the son of Artemis had white-blonde hair with forest-green eyes.

...Was Pegasus talking about his father?

Key
= Crystal
= Robert

Crystal's energy flew out of her in an instant. She felt weak and tired. She put her weight on Robert, barely able to stand up.

"Robert," she whispered. "I'm... tired...." Crystal could barely finish the sentence before she fell asleep, leaning against Robert. She felt her consciousness drift into a peaceful sleep.

Robert tried to stay calm as Crystal fell asleep at his side. Luckily, she wasn't that heavy for her to lean on him. He knew the flood of drool would soon reach his shoulder, but he didn't care. He had drooled many times in his sleep too, and so did his siblings back in the Ares cabin.

A thought popped into Robert's mind that seemed important to ask.

"Lord Pegasus, I thought only Poseidon demigods would be able to understand what you are saying, but I can understand you just fine." That thought had to be out in the open. Wasn't that the reason they brought Crystal around, so she could translate Pegasus. It kind of bummed him out to know that they really didn't need her anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Key:
= Lord Pegasus
= Nico
= Dairen

Pegasus turned to Robert. "Yes, that is true. Normally only demigods of Poseidon can understand me. But after the war, the gods realized that it was ridiculous to have people that need my help not be able to understand a word I say." The Pegasus shook his mane as he spook, accidentally slapping Nico with it. Grumbling, Nico held the bruise on his cheek while shooting the god a glare when he wasn't looking.

"In thanks for my help in the war with Gaea, they have made a special brand of sugar cubes for me to take daily so that anyone can understand me." Pegasus continued on, Nico not listening because the Pegasus's tail has started to swoosh a little too close to him for his liking. "I realize it would be bad if a spy can overhead my words, but nonetheless, I don't go out much anyways."

"That's great." Nico said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "But are you going to tell us where Dara is or what?"

Dairen couldn't help but think Nico kinda deserved it when Pegasus's tail nailed him flat on the ground.

Key
= Crystal
= Robert

Robert was still a little agitated about what Pegasus had said about everyone being able to here him. It pretty much deflated one of Crystal's special abilities. Robert hoped the gods couldn't read minds, because he was thinking some non kid-friendly names for the gods. He wasn't to happy at this point.

Meanwhile, Crystal's mind seemed to be racing 100 mph as she slept, jumping from memory to memory. She saw when she met Dairen and Dara, when she met her brother, Percy, in Manhattan, seeing Robert for the first time back at camp, winning Capture The Flag, her first kiss with Robert, her birthday at camp, the of her accident when many things led to another, her kissing Dairen, Robert blowing up on both Nico and herself, when she tried to stop him in his raged state, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.