Camp Half-Blood RP (With Crystobert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dairen found himself waking to an unbelievably comforting warmth in his arms, making him feel more sleepy than ever. He took a deep breath in and opened his forest-green eyes to see a teen with a tousle of jet black hair sleeping soundly on his chest, Nico's face smooth and without the many lines of stress he had harbored from years of depression. It was a perfect sight to wake to.

Robert woke up to see the most beautiful sight he has ever seem. His girlfriend, Crystal, sitting in the sand next to him, her sea-green eyes glittering in the sunlight. She seemed so beautiful that Robert's voice was almost caught in his throat. "Morning beautiful." he croaked. Crystal smiled. He loved to see he smiling because of him. He felt so warm to know that he can make her happy. Yet...

The sun rose higher and higher into the sky, the beautiful sight making the son of Artemis feel never so relaxed. He lay in the sand of the small beach by the lake, enjoying the feeling of Nico's chest rising and falling on his own.

But of course, it didn't last for long.

"Dairen!" A familiar voice called out from the distance, voice filled with an emotion Dairen wished it wasn't: worry. Riley ran up to the two couples, his camp half-blood t-shirt soaked with sweat. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

Crystal was to mesmerized by Robert that she didn't notice Riley running towards them. Robert's gleaming bronze eyes had swallowed her concentration on anything else. She couldn't stop looking into the depths of his eyes. She felt like she was almost in a trance. She was shaken out of it when Robert interlocked his fingers with hers. She was so happy with him, she couldn't explain it.

"Morning my handsome demigod."

Dairen looked down at Nico, who was still curled up on his chest and fast asleep. The son of Artemis didn't want to wake him. "Is it urgent?" he asked.

Robert smiled at Crystal. He loved to see her smiling. He squeezed her hand, showing affection to her. It was the only non-Ares emotion that he would show. He wasn't keen on negative emotions either, but they sometimes got a hold of him. But not right now. To Robert, it was just him and Crystal.

"Man, if it wasn't, I wouldn't bother you. Trust me, I know that you're a busy guy. But this is serious." Riley sighed. "It's about Dara."

Robert's attention on Crystal flew out the window at the mention of Dara's name. Robert's face went slack, not happy about the tone of voice Riley was using.

He turned his body toward Riley. "What happened to Dara?" With their conversation the night before, Robert seemed to consider Dara as a friend. He hoped she didn't do anything stupid to anyone... or herself.

If Riley was surprised by Robert's sudden interest, he didn't show it. "She's gone missing." He told the two demigods, who were looking at him with worry in their eyes. "I don't know when she did, but all I know is that she's long gone."

Robert's heart dropped. How could someone just disappear?

Robert got to his feet. "I'll look for her." He somehow felt responsible for her. She was a friend to him now. He was determined not to let anything happen to her, not after to last night... and not after what he did to Crystal...

Dairen felt a pang of guilt pierce his heart. How could he have let this happen? "No Robert, I will take care of this. It's my responsibility." He stated truthfully.

Robert shook his head. "At least let me come with you." He wasn't going to let Dairen go search for her when Robert felt like this could he slightly his fault, yet not knowing why. "Please."

Dairen looked down at Nico, thinking of what he would probably say if he wasn't in the realm of Hypnos/sleeping.

"I can't leave you by yourself." Dairen said to Nico, who glared at him for that.

"Dairen, I can take care of myself and Crystal just fine." He snapped, irritation clear in his voice. "Just because I'm living alone doesn't mean I'm weak."

"But-" he was cut off by a short sharp reply.

"Go find her Dairen." Nico ordered him firmly. "I don't care what history you two had, but Dara is like a sister to you. Bring her home." And with that he walked away, leaving no room for the son of Artemis to argue.

So with that thought in mind, Dairen knew what he had to do. "Fine, you can come." He sighed, knowing that Nico would murder him and send him to the fields of Punishment if he didn't go because of him.

Robert nodded. He looked back at Crystal. He couldn't read her expression, which kind of upset him. "I'll come back as soon as we find her." He took his hand, cradling her chin. He kissed her forehead, wishing he could stay, but his gut said to find Dara. "I promise." He turned back to Dairen, ready as ever. "Let's go."

Setting Nico down gently in the sand, Dairen got to his feet and brushed the sand from his clothes and blonde hair. He turned to Riley, who was motioning them to pick up the pace. "Com'on guys, we don't have time to lose!" he shouted to them, already ways away on the path to the rest of camp.

Robert ran with Riley and Dairen, an odd group to see running past you, but they had a mission, and Robert couldn't afford to hurt someone else close to him. Not again. He would never, ever, be able to forgive himself.

As the path trailed closer to the sea, Dairen started to smell the salt in the air. He jogged next to Robert, wondering why he had been so urgent to help Dara. Was there something he missed?

The conversation with Dara ran over and over in his head as he jogged along the sea. She seemed like she wanted peace, and wanted to start over again, but disappearing? This couldn't have been what she meant, was it?

The three demigods passed the beach in a hurry, following the path up to the buildings dotting a good four-hundred meters ahead of them. Dairen followed closely behind Riley to the Big House, Chiron waiting for them on the front porch in his wheelchair form.

"I brought them." Riley panted to Chiron, his forehead glistening with sweat from the frantic running about.

"Good." Chiron turned to the two older demigods. "So you have heard of Dara's recent disappearing then?"

"Heard about it!?" Robert suddenly snapped at Chiron. "Oh yeah, I heard about it, and I need to stop talking and GO FIND HER!" His sudden explosion seemed to shake everyone, even Chiron. He wanted to apologize, but now wasn't the time. They needed to find Dara. Standing here just talking about it wasn't getting them anywhere close to finding her.

Robert felt his fists tighten, like he was going to hit something. Dairen might have noticed, but he didn't say anything to Robert about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.