Cairn War IC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam blinked as Katherine sat up, deciding that even though the full moon was still a couple of days away, it would be best for them both if they put some distance between each other until it was gone. "B-b-but...wait...why is Luna vulnerable?" Adam asked, tilting his head. Katherine pointed out something that Adam had already realized by now, that as the full moon came closer, his hormones would start raging, making his already strong attraction to Katherine even stronger than before. If it got out of control, something could happen between them that they might not be ready for. Idly, he couldn't help but wonder if Katherine was having the same problem. He sighed, but nodded his head as Katherine began pushing him away, kissing him on the cheek. "It's alright..." he said, feeling almost like a guilty dog who was being punished. But he wasn't completely sure he could control any...urges...that might pop up, so maybe this was for the best.

Sighing, he got out of bed, looking down at Katherine as she resumed laying in bed. It was hard to leave, especially with everything that had happened. But it was just for awhile. "I guess...I'll see you later." he said, scratching the side of his head. He wished things were different, but he didn't know how to control himself. If he hadn't been able to learn how in ten years, he wasn't going to be able to do it in two days. Shifting his weight from side to side for a few seconds, he leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, then pulled away and started walking to the door. Opening the door, he turned to look back at her for a second, then left after a quick wave, closing the door behind him.

Out in the hall, he slumped his shoulders with a drawn out sigh. He missed her already.

He supposed he needed to go talk to the Innkeeper about getting another room, so he headed downstairs to the common room. On his way to the counter though, he stopped, spotting Nicholai heading outside. In the time the door was open, the werewolf was able to see two unfamiliar people there, and as he took in their scent, it was clear they were also vampires. "Man...how many fang-faces are going to pop up in this place...?" he muttered to himself. Rubbing his chin, he decided to see what was going on, and walked closer to the door. He didn't go outside, but this close his strong hearing would be able to pick up what they were saying fairly clearly.

He could hear Nicholai greeting them, catching a couple of names tossed around, and heard them speaking about Kain. I wonder if these two are more Vampire Lords?

Christian & Annabelle & Nicholai

Annabelle looked to Christian, shushing them as she nodded towards the door to the inn. She could smell the werewolf scent, her eyes darkening as she looked to Christian. "There is a man. Werewolf scent. He's by the door." Nicholai rolled his eyes, turning towards the door as he opened it. "Adam. For heavens sake. You just keep being nosy, huh?" He gestured the young werewolf outside, waving towards the vampire couple. "Mr. Le Roi, this is Adam. Adam meet Mr. and Mrs. Le Roi. Lord Le Roi is the very first vampire to ever walk this land. He is the oldest out of us all, too." Christian smiled, his eyes burning into Adam's as he waved. "Hello. You must excuse our late fashion. We were... Out exploring and came across the town. I was already informed of everyone's residence, and I decided to drop by." Nicholai nodded, his head lowered as he didn't dare to look into the eyes of such a powerful man. "You're a blessing for the vampires, my lord. It'd be nice for you to meet Nefarious." Christian tapped a finger to his lips, his eyes narrowing as he inhaled a breath of air through his nose. "I can smell them now. Is Luna...?" Nicholai nodded, his eyes brightening. "Yes, very much so. I think they would love you to visit them. At least to fully inform Nicholai of what is to happen." Christian sighed, sitting down on the bench and looking to Annabelle. "What is to fully happen?" Nicholai fidgeted with his fingers, looking up at the inn with a quick sigh. "Kain wants to see Nefarious dead himself. Thus meaning that the only one to defeat him will have to be Nefarious. Though I'm sure something will come of it, it's too dangerous for you to-" His voice was cut off as a shadowy hand began to wrap around his throat, pain coursing through his veins as he looked to Annabelle. Christian held his hand up in the air, rage boiling in his eyes as he made his hand into a fist. "I am growing tired of people thinking I am not strong enough to do what I please, Nicholai Valentine. You of all people should know that I am the strongest vampire to walk this land. I intend to do things my way." Nicholai quickly nodded, falling to his knees with a sputter as the shadow disappeared. "I- I'm sorry, my lord." Annabelle had placed her hand to Christian's face, soothing his anger as she looked to Adam. "Forgive my husband's anger. He grows weary of people trying to 'boss him around', I suppose." Nicholai looked to Christian, a sorrowful expression clouding his face. "All I want is what is best for you two. There are people out in this land that would love to swim in the pleasures of your blood." Christian looked to Adam, his mouth twisted into a smirk. "Let them try."

Hmm? Did they stop talking? Wait...did the lady say 'werewolf scent? Oh shi-

Adam jumped slightly as Nicholai opened the door in front of him, admonishing him for listening in on their conversation. "Uh...uh...I was just..." he tried to say, only to pause as Nicholai gestured for him to come outside. Raising an eyebrow, he cautiously followed the vampire outside, looking towards the vampire couple that he had been speaking to. Nicholai quickly introduced the werewolf to them, and Adam's jaw practically hit the floor as it was revealed that Mr. Le Roi was apparently the very first vampire to ever exist. "W-w-w-what!? Really?!" Adam exclaimed, looking from Nicholai to Mr. Le Roi in shock. Their eyes met, and Adam felt his blood run cold in that instant. Something told him that Nicholai wasn't joking around this time. "But...you'd have to be...ancient for that..." he said, tilting his head. Vampires were supposedly ageless, so there was no way to tell how old the man was just by his appearance, but to be the original vampire, he couldn't even fathom a guess as to how old that actually made him.

Le Roi said they happened to come across Losland by chance, and Adam glanced back at Nicholai, who seemed to be acting completely different. The fact that the usually jovial and laidback Nicholai was acting this way really drove home the point that this was likely a person of high influence. They spoke of Nefarious and Luna, and Adam scratched the side of his head. "Everyone's being so vague about Luna. I wish I could know the big secret already." he muttered with a shrug.

The topic moved to Nefarious's upcoming battle with his father, and Adam jumped in surprise as Le Roi grabbed Nicholai with shadowy magic, clearly enraged at the thought that Nicholai insinuated that he needed safeguarding. Blinking, he looked back and forth between the two, unsure of what to do, until Nicholai was dropped, suitably cowed by this show of power. Mrs. Le Roi began calming her husband, and Adam gulped inaudibly, feeling somewhat nervous. "That's...uh...something we have in common..." he said almost meekly as the woman pointed out how much Le Roi hated being bossed around.

"So...anyway...you don't like Kain Darkheart either then? If...if he's so evil, why isn't he dead already?" he asked everyone curiously. "I-I mean, you guys are all Vampire Lords too...right? If you could...shouldn't you have taken care of him already?"

Nicholai & Annabelle & Christian

Christian laughed at Adam's comment about his age, looking towards Annabelle with a grin. "Indeed. I'm old enough, I suppose." Christian sighed as Adam asked why Kain wasn't dealt with yet, leaving a thirst for blood and sleep deep in Christian's veins. He was used to it, though the Kain subject made his rage thicken. "I would have if it weren't for the guards I have. They insist on protecting me from Kain. Though, the rules state that a son has the first opportunity to slay their father before anyone else. I made the rule, so why wouldn't I enforce it?" He looked to Nicholai, who was clearly avoiding his glare. "As for Dahlia.. She will be imprisoned. She left the society and joined Kain's colony. I understand your reasons for trying to leave the society.." His voice trailed off as he looked to Nicholai, a smile forming on his lips. "Ah.. It's Ruby. I cannot belive she traveled all the way here to be with you. How touching. I thought she prefered men who were more vicious." Nicholai scowled, standing up before looking to Adam. "I.. I think I will retire for the night. May I join you tomorrow?" Christian nodded, ushering for Adam to come closer, Annabelle clutched tightly at his side. After her experiences with werewolves, she always tried not get near them. Though she had seen her fair share of them, she hated the way they smelled and acted. She suddenly realized all of that would change once she found her sister, although she shrugged this thought off with a smile. Christian had looked up at the inn, his eyes boring into Adam's as he saw into his soul. "You're torn between two worlds. Human and werewolf. It must be hard for that to cloud your judgement." He raised a hand before Adam could assume anything his eyes flashing a brighter red. "No, I do not have the ability to read minds like Nicholai. Though I do have many powers that I hide inside, I assure you I am nothing like Nicholai. He's nosy, and weasels his way into things." Annabelle giggled, looking up at the window closest to the inn. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Adam." Christian smiled pointing towards the inn. "Your crush is thinking about you. I don't hear much of her, but she seems lovely."

Le Roi stated that he likely would have killed Kain by now if his bodyguards weren't constantly getting in the way, but that some kind of rule that he had come up with stated that Nefarious, as Kain's son, had first crack at taking him down. "I...uh...I see. I guess that kind of makes sense." Adam replied, scratching the side of his head. The Vampires began talking about Dahlia, saying that she would be imprisoned for her transgressions in leaving the 'society', before chiding Nicholai for doing the same thing, bringing up Ruby. To be honest, almost the entire conversation was going over Adam's head. He didn't know a thing about how Vampires conducted himself, so he just stood back and watched as Nicholai left, wondering what had just happened. "I wonder...if werewolves have any rules like this...?" he thought aloud to himself in bemusement.

With Nicholai gone, Mr. and Mrs. Le Roi turned their attention back to him, and as Mr. Le Roi looked at him again, Adam felt as if he were an open book, and the Vampire could see everything. His blood went cold again, and he felt a shiver run up his spine. Mr. Le Roi then proved him right, as he suddenly pointed out Adam's hang up about his nature as a werewolf. However, apparently unlike Nicholai, he couldn't read Adam's mind. He didn't know what to say to that. Mrs. Le Roi giggled, breaking Adam out of his lock, and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Umm...yeah...nice to meet you too..." he replied, suddenly feeling as if he'd seen her somewhere before. That couldn't be right though. He'd think he'd remember someone like her.

Mr. Le Roi then shocked him again, by pointing towards the Inn, and talking about Katherine. "S-she is?" he replied, looking back towards the Inn. He wondered what she was thinking about him, specifically. "She's been through a lot lately...kinda my fault too...hopefully she'll be alright. Katherine means a lot to me..." he said bashfully. "I have to stay away from her until after the full moon though. I don't have a whole lot of control. I'll need to leave Losland all together tomorrow, so I can't hurt anyone."

He was rambling. Why was he so nervous? These two vampires had him on edge.

Christian & Annabelle

Annabelle nodded as Adam talked about his girlfriend, her smile disappearing as he said her name. Annabelle's eyes went wide, gently shaking his arm as she looked to Adam. Christian noticed the name, nodding his head and playing a calm tone. "I see. It sounds as if you two are perfect together. Do tell me more about her. I love stories." Annabelle whispered in Christian's ear, her voice so soft that she was sure Adam couldn't hear her. Christian nodded, smiling at her and holding on tightly to her hand. "Sometimes, my wife doesn't feel well. She will be okay. I still blame the werewolf attack when she was human." Annabelle forced a smile, looking into Adam's eyes. "Do wish your girlfriend better for me and my husband. Being ill is never a good thing." Christian looked towards the inn, the doors suddenly opening as he smiled over at Adam. "You may want to go say goodnight to her. Tomorrow is never promised."

Kalar from within the void felt his power slowly slipping from him, growing weaker and stronger. Very soon, he would not exist, banished into the void. He slowly opened his eyes to see Katherine, laying her bed, however something was different. It would seem that her hair had changed from before. Also, he noticed a darkness now hung over her, cloaking her. He felt a deep sadness, for no innocent person, werewolf or vampire, angel or demon, should face such darkness. Only those who had embraced it, who crave it should be the only ones who should feel it. A stab of pain appeared in his own heart, or at least, his conscience, as his heart was long gone.

At that moment, Kalar felt his power slip from his control, banishing him deeper, and he heard the amulet he had given Katherine and Adam start to unravel, returning into its original form. It slowly unfolded from a small frame, growing with size until it returned to its crow form. It croaked inside the room before turning its eyes towards the she-wolf. It stared at her until it saw she moved. Knowing she was alive, it leaped from its perch onto Katherine, pulling on the sheets and lifting them into the air. As it reached the ceiling, as if it hit a barrier, it became a pillar of fire as it was consumed in black fire. The power that was formerly his was consumed by the flames and slowly fell downwards until it reached Katherine where it disappeared.

Adam caught the sudden change in Mrs. Le Roi's expression as he finished speaking of Katherine. She seemed surprised, and shared a look with her husband. Mr. Le Roi nodded, then suddenly asked Adam to tell them more, saying that he enjoyed hearing stories. Raising an eyebrow, Adam felt as if something was going on. "Well...we haven't actually known each other...too long. But she's a werewolf like me, though she's been one a lot longer. She's headstrong, and stubborn. But really kind too. She's pretty, with really dark hair, although it used to be white like...yours..." he said, glancing back at Mrs. Le Roi as she leaned in to whisper something to her husband that even his ears couldn't catch. Mr. Le Roi apologized for her, saying that ever since she'd been attacked by a werewolf a long time ago she'd been nervous around them.

"I...understand..." Adam said slowly, the wheels turning in his head as something occurred to him. But there was no way that could be possible. There was just no way. The odds of such a thing happening right now had to be astronomical. Mrs. Le Roi asked that Adam wish Katherine well on their behalf, and the werewolf jumped slightly as the door to the Inn suddenly opened, despite no one being there to move the handle. Mr. Le Roi informed him that he should go and say goodnight to her, and Adam looked into the Inn, his throat running dry. "Y-yeah...I think I will...do that."

Slowly turning, Adam began walking away, picking up speed with each step. It had to just be his imagination. There was just no way. It was too crazy.

Heading back up the stairs, Adam came back to Katherine's room, a strange scent reaching his nose. Was that...fire? Bounding forward, Adam burst into the room just in time to catch the sight of flames descending on Katherine, only to disappear. "Katherine!" Adam exclaimed in shock, jumping forward, putting his hands on her as if to pat out the flames that weren't there. "Are you alright!? What the hell was that!?"

Katherine

Katherine saw the crow make a noise, quietly laying there until it flew up towards the ceiling. As it descended down upon her, she saw a shield of darkness form over her. Her body had created the shield to protect her, her arms glowing red as she shot a blast of light out of her hand. It struck the ceiling, bouncing off the wooden roof and breaking a glass vase in the room. She shielded herself as the glass flew about the room, her eyes tightly shut as she put her hands to her head. She opened her eyes as Adam entered the room, patting on her and asking question. Dazed, she shrugged, looking up towards the ceiling and then to the amulet. "The crow... It came out of the amulet and tried to fly onto me. But.. The darkness... It saved me." She looked to Adam, her eyes narrowing. "Something has to be the matter with Kalar. After all, this is his shadow crow." She looked him up and down, noticing the nervousness that seemed to be rolling off of him in waves. "Why did you run in here? What's going on with you?" She looked out the window a couple standing in the shadows. They began to walk off, arm in arm. "I want answers, Adam. And I want them now." Her chest was heaving, the sudden scare of waking up suddenly bearing down on her nerves. She looked back at the amulet, picking it up to examine it. As her fingers touched it, the necklace began to glow, black darkness seeping out of her fingertips and encircling her hands. "I think this is a key to another world.. Somewhere that I'm supposed to go."

Annabelle & Christian

Annabelle began to shake Christian's arm as the werewolf ran inside the inn, clearly nervous and scared of the two vampires. She looked deep in his eyes, searching for an answer as she looked up at the window that housed the female werewolf. She could see the girl look down on them, Adam quickly running into her room to check on her. "I just know that is Katherine! Think of the odds, dear! She's a werewolf that is hurt. We just saw a werewolf that we thought to be dead. She had white hair before. I'm almost certain it is her!" Christian held a finger to her lips, kissing her before looking towards the window. "Take a walk with me.." Annabelle linked arms with Christian, looking over towards the inn one more time before following him towards the forest. Christian was the first to speak, his eyes a deep red as he rubbed her hand. "You're almost certain. There's a big chance she may not be your sister. If she is hurt, then we should wait to go see if she is really your family. I understand your logic, my love. But werewolves are dangerous. Especially around vampires. We can't let our guard down. You and I are valuable. If something were to happen to you.. I couldn't live with that." Annabelle snorted, looking into Christian's eyes with a intrigued expression. "You cannot die. Sunlight doesn't hurt you, and noone knows exactly what way will kill you. I love you, and I love my sister. I want to see if she is indeed my family." Christian nodded, looking deep into her eyes as he commanded her. "Do as I say, love." Annabelle succumbed to his will, nodding and smiling as she gently kissed his neck. "Yes, my darling. I will wait."

Despite the crazy light show, Katherine seemed alright, and Adam let out a sigh of relief before pulling her into a hug. "Why is it every time I leave you alone, bad things seem to happen to you?" he asked with a twinge of sarcasm. It didn't seem far off from the truth to him though. There was the demon that had broke into the Inn and mauled her, there was her 'death' when he'd run off to fight Talon, and now whatever the hell had just happened. He was starting to wonder if she was just a trouble magnet or something. She began explaining what had seemed to happen, and it only left Adam more confused. "Amulet? The thing that Kalar left behind? Why would it suddenly do something like that?" he asked with a tilted head. Katherine thought it meant something might be wrong with Kalar, and he shrugged. "What isn't wrong with that guy?"

Then Katherine asked why Adam had come back all of a sudden, and he glanced out the window, catching the Le Roi's walking off into the darkness together. "W-well...uh...nothing...really. I'm alright, I just...uh...wanted to check in on you? I met a pair of Vampires just now, and they made me sort of...jumpy." he replied with a shrug. He noticed how hard Katherine was breathing, and hugged her again. "You'll never believe it, apparently one of them was actually the very first Vampire ever! According to Nicholai at least. He seemed like he was pretty scared of him and his wife. It was almost kinda funny." he continued with a small laugh. "His wife wanted me to tell you to get well. They knew about you...somehow...and when I told them more, she seemed to get a little weirded out, like I struck a nerve."

Adam didn't want to excite Katherine with his thoughts on Ms. Le Roi yet, so he decided to keep his idea to himself for a little longer. Once things settled down again, maybe he'd bring it up.

Katherine picked up the amulet given to them by Kalar, and Adam blinked as it glowed in her hands. "Somewhere you're supposed to go? Like where? We just got you back, Katherine. This is no time to go trapsing off."

Last edited by a moderator:
Katherine

Katherine stared at Adam, dumbfounded at his explanation. She smacked him in the head with the amulet as he tried to dissuade her from leaving, looking over at him with a growl. "I do as I please, Adam. Especially since you did that and caused me to die temporarily." She scowled, looking down at the amulet and raising her eyebrows as Adam told her he met the very first vampire to ever walk the land. "That seems really cool. What were they like? Were they genuine?" She raised the amulet into the light, the inscriptions shining as they began to glow, casting a dark shadow onto the wall. A portal appeared, Katherine looking to Adam with a nervous look. "Should we go check it out?" She heard a faint crying from within the portal, Elizabeth's voice following the crying. Katherine fidgeted with her hands, straightening her long dress and looking towards the door. "Someone wants us. Come with me?"

Adam yelped as Katherine clocked him upside the head with the amulet, rubbing the sore spot with a grimace as Katherine admonished him for trying to tell her what to do. "You know, I think my Mother warned me about girls like you." Adam said sarcastically with a frown. After that, Katherine asked him about his meeting Le Roi, and Adam nodded his head. "They sure seemed real to me. Mr. Le Roi seemed like someone you wouldn't want to piss off, judging by how he jumped down Nicholai's throat earlier. He somehow knew things about me that no one should know, even though he said he couldn't read minds like Nicholai could. He was really strong too. His Wife seemed nice enough, though she kept getting a little antsy. She was attacked by a werewolf once, apparently."

Adam might have said what he thought about Mrs. Le Roi then, but the amulet suddenly sparked to life once more, casting a shadow onto the wall that opened up into a portal. Adam stared at the portal for a few seconds, then groaned inwardly. He was starting to have trouble remembering the last time he hadn't been caught up in some kind of craziness. Katherine asked if they should check it out, and Adam tilted his head as he heard crying. Was that...Elizabeth?

Katherine began fidgeting in his arms, and Adam looked into her eyes as she asked him to come with her. "As if I'd let you go in there alone." he replied, helping Katherine onto her feet, holding tightly onto her hand. "Just let me lead, alright? This practically screams trap." he said as he picked up his sword where he'd laid it down earlier, drawing it and holding it in one hand. Sighing softly, he started walking into the portal, ready to defend himself if anything jumped out at him.

Elizabeth & Katherine

Katherine rolled her eyes at Adam remark, shrugging her shoulders in defeat as he asked to lead. She looked to him with a pale expression as he voiced that Mrs. Le Roi was attacked by a werewolf once, her eyes narrowing before letting the thought roll off of her in calm wave. "W-What does she look like, Adam?" She peered into the portal, hearing the soft crying again as she tugged on Adam's hand. "It's just my arm and hand that's broken. My legs are scratched, but this is worth it." She let him lead, a strange dark tunnel appearing with a railing. She could see light outside, the bright green gras reflecting the sun. She smiled at the thought of finally seeing a yard full of grass again, looking towards Adam. "I wonder what kind of place this is. And particularly if that is Elizabeth." The portal's ending was soon upon them, gently closing behind them as the mist disappeared into the amulet once more. Katherine could see a trail that led to a mansion, her eyes narrowing as she sun beat down on her. The one thing different about the world they were in was the sky; it's tint was unusually dark. Katherine sighed, looking to the mansion. "That's where the crying is coming from. I think we need to check it out." She didn't wait for a reply, dragging him along as she spotted a woman on the steps of the mansion, the giant porch intimidating and massive. Katherine stopped at the steps clearing her throat and looking towards the woman, whose head was in her hands. "Umm.. Miss? I am lost.. I was wondering if you could help me.." Katherine stepped back in shock as the woman lifted her head, revealing herself to be Elizabeth. Elizabeth's head was fuzzy, her eyes puffy as she looked to Adam and Katherine. "What in the hell are you doing here? Only certain people are allowed here." Katherine fidgeted, looking towards Adam. "Well, I have an amulet. Kalar was wearing it before he left. He told us to keep it." Elizabeth inhaled, breathing in Katherine's aura. "Aros kissed you on the heart. He made you part darkness. How lovely for him." Katherine tilted her head at Elizabeth's words, sitting down on the cold marble porch. ".. Where is Aros?" Elizabeth snorted, looking at the door to the house. "He.. Left. Dumped me, of all things. Tessa ratted me out. Seems she wants Aros." Katherine raised her eyebrows, shifting and leaning towards Elizabeth. "Um. This is alot. Why'd he leave you?" Elizabeth looked to Adam and Katherine, standing up elegantly as she walked towards the door to the giant house. "Come inside. There's food and whatnot. It's alot more safe inside as well. There's ears all over this place."

Once inside, Elizabeth led them into a small room, Katherine remembering that rooms like these were called 'dens' in the past. Elizabeth handed them plates of food, most of them a variety of meats and crackers. She then poured juice and tea for the two, drinking her tea silently. Elizabaeth was the first to finally speak, her eyes sad and her arms folded across her stomach. "Aros left me because of a man that forcibly kissed me. He told me I was jealous of you for nothing. That he loved me, yet he wasn't going to stay with me. Petty, isn't it?" Katherine nodded, holding a hand to her throat as she tried to swallow a cracker that was lodged in her throat. "Aros and I used to care about eachother.. But not anymore. I'm happy that he's doing is own thing. Though he seemed sad and depressed the last time I saw him." Elizabeth sat up in her seat, her eyes brightening. "You mean.. He is sad? He must miss me!" Katherine patted Elizabeth's hand, looking around the room with awe. "You have a lovely house." Elizabeth smiled, gently crying as she looked at a painting on the wall closest to Adam. "Th-Thank you.. This is all I have left. After my parent's died.. All I had was Aros. Now I have nothing."

Adam looked back over his shoulder as Katherine asked what Mrs. Le Roi looked like, after he told her she'd been attacked by a werewolf, and scratched the side of his head. "Let's...uh...talk about that later." he said as he took her hand. For once, Katherine decided to follow his lead, so he led the way into the portal after she assured him she could at least walk on her own. It was dark within the portal, but it didn't take long for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, and he could see green grass on the edge as well. Katherine wondered where they were headed, and if Elizabeth was somewhere nearby. "I guess it wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen to us. We already knew Elizabeth wasn't in Losland anymore. She had to go somewhere. Why not here?" he replied with a shrug.

They stepped out of the portal, and Adam looked back sharply as the portal closed behind them. "Why am I getting strong flashbacks to when we ended up in Desmond's place?" Adam thought aloud as he looked back to the path ahead, spying a mansion in the distance. Katherine wanted to check it out, and without further ado, promptly began dragging Adam down the path. "Wasn't I supposed to lead?" he asked sarcastically, quickening his pace as Katherine returned to her old habit of nearly pulling his arm out of it's socket. He had missed it.

They got to the mansion pretty quickly, and Adam tilted his head as he saw a woman sitting on the rather large porch before them, sobbing into her hands. Katherine spoke up to catch her attention, and Adam raised an eyebrow when it turned out to indeed be Elizabeth. The Hybrid immediately asked what they were doing here, and Adam scoffed. "Nice to see you too, Elizabeth." he said as Katherine explained how they had gotten there using the amulet. Katherine walked forward to sit next to Elizabeth, asking where Aros was, and Adam was surprised to hear that Elizabeth and Aros were no longer together, and Aros had been the one to break up with her. "Who the heck is Tessa?" Adam asked, having no idea who she was.

Elizabeth invited them inside to talk further, and Adam followed along into a smaller room inside the mansion. There was food waiting to be served there, and Adam's stomach growled loudly at the sight of it. How long had it been since he'd eaten? Elizabeth handed them plates, and Adam gladly began to dig in. Elizabeth continued talking after a few minutes of silence, explaining Aros had left Elizabeth over a misunderstanding. Hearing Katherine assure Elizabeth that she no longer had feelings for Aros certainly made Adam feel better, and as she revealed how Aros had been sad before, cheered up Elizabeth somewhat as well.

"Not like Aros is such a catch anyway..." Adam muttered as he ate a little more. It seemed like ever since he had met Aros, he had been nothing but a pain. "You shouldn't cry, Elizabeth. There's always more fish in the sea, right? Or maybe Aros will realize how much of a jerk he is, and apologize. Heheh. I'd like to see him groveling." he said before remembering something he had needed to say to Elizabeth. "Oh yeah! Thank you, Elizabeth. I know you helped save Katherine before, when I had ran off. Without you, she might not be here. I owe you. If there's ever anything I can do to repay you, just say so." he said with a grin, reaching out and taking Katherine's hand for a second.

"Why do you think that amulet brought us out here, anyway?"

Elizabeth & Katherine

Elizabeth giggled at Adam's lack of table manners, gently patting her lips with a napkin. She frowned as he criticized Aros, looking over to him with a glare. "I might be upset at him, but he's still someone I love. It's hard to explain, but he is.. He is a great man. A gentleman, really. If it weren't for his quick thinking, Katherine wouldn't be alive. Who do you think told me to go get Katherine's soul? Who kissed her heart to balance out the light and darkness? He's a wonderful man. I didn't stop Michael from kissing me. This is partly my fault, though Aros was ignoring me and not paying attention to me." She sighed, looking to Katherine. "You're lucky to have Aros, even as a close friend. He means the world to me, and now he's not even here. I miss him terribly." Katherine nodded, looking away as she tried to eat a piece of cracker. "Well.. I wasn't that good of a person. When I first met you.. I didn't like you. You seemed cocky. And I tried to persuade Aros to break it off with you. I know it was bad... But I'll fix it! I'll talk to him." Elizabeth perked up, looking at Katherine with a grin. "You would? Oh, thank you! I would love that! Just.. be careful of that Tessa girl. She's odd. Always putting her nose in people's business." Elizabeth cocked her head at Adam's question, looking at him with curiosity. "Well, I was thinking about Katherine. Maybe that's what caused it. It is also a thing.. If you have darkness or fallen in you and you think of the darkness, a portal can open if you have a certain.. generator for it. Unless you're like me. I can generate a portal on my own. But this seems to be an amulet of importance." Katherine nodded, tightening her grip on Adam's hand. "Thanks. I like this place. There's more grass. And happiness." Elizabeth snorted, sipping on her tea. "Not that much, I'm afraid. There's alot of evil and hate here. Tessa is the queen of darkness right now. I intend to take that away from her soon." Katherie narrowed her eyes, pressing her feet firmly on the floor. "What do you mean evil?" Elizabeth leaned in close, looking at the couple with a serious expression. "Rebels like to attack houses and.. do unkindly things to women here. They won't touch me, of course. But you guys really shouldn't stay the night here. Once it gets dark here, the scarier things come out." Katherine chuckled, not believing Elizabeth's story. "Right." Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, sitting her tea down and retrieving a book from the shelf behind her. It was old and dusty, it bindings made of gold. Elizabeth opened the book, a gray mist arising. It took the shape of a ghastly creature, growling as it morphed into other monsters and grotesque people. Katherine looked away from the book, her eyes watering. She couldn't describe why the book affected her the way it did, but she thought it had something to do with the darkness. Elizabeth watched her reaction, closing the book gently and putting it back on the shelf. "Don't worry, they don't like big crowds. Michael's team helps kill these things. They're our protectors. The book doesn't affect me because I am the runner up of the ruler of darkness if Tessa is killed, dies, or resigns." Katherine looked out the window, her eyes narrowed. "I'd like you to come back with us." Elizabeth nodded, snapping her fingers. A bag appeared near her feet, her eyes shining as she quickly grabbed it. "As long as it gets you two out of this dangerous place, I will." Katherine smiled, gently standing up and hugging Elizabeth with her good arm. "Let's go, then."

Adam shrugged as Elizabeth defended Aros from his criticism, continuing to eat. "I guess it's easy to see the best in someone when you're in love." he said, glancing over at Katherine for a second. She was right about Aros saving Katherine, he'd give her that, but the werewolf still thought Aros was a jerk. That wasn't going to change. They were like fire and oil, they just didn't mix well and never really would. Even at best, Adam couldn't see himself wanting to be around him more than necessary. The conversation shifted over to Katherine again, and Adam watched as the girls spoke back and forth about Aros and themselves. He was almost worried that the two of them could have ended up fighting again, but was relieved that they seemed to be burying the hatchet. Katherine even offered to speak to Aros on Elizabeth's behalf.

"I still have no idea who this Tessa lady is..." Adam commented as Elizabeth warned them to be careful around her.

Elizabeth began guessing as to why the werewolf couple ended up here, guessing that Katherine's new nature combined with the amulet had something to do with it. After that, Elizabeth decided that they needed to leave soon, as this place apparently wasn't as nice as it seemed after dark. Some sort of nasty business happened in this area during the night, and Adam frowned, holding Katherine's hand in his own. Katherine didn't believe her, but as Elizabeth opened a book, a shadow came out, possibly taking the shape of whatever attacked people in this area at night, and Adam growled slightly, the sight making him uncomfortable. "Are there no places safe in this world anymore?" he thought aloud.

It was decided that Elizabeth would head back to Losland with them, and Adam finally finished eating as the girls stood up, rubbing his full belly with a content grin. "I'm ready whenever you ladies are."

Elizabeth & Katheirne

Elizabeth quicklly ushered them out of the enormous house, quickly walking to the nearest tree and opening a portal with the wave of her hand. She laughed at Adam's full stomach, her eyes glancing at Katherine before stepping in the portal. The travel back to Losland was quickly over, Katherine frowning as she realized they were back in her room. "I wish I could've explored that place. It seemed lovely during the day." Elizabeth raised her eyebrows, smirking at Katherine as she placed her bags on the floor. "Yes.. It always seems lovely during the day. Michael seems to keep the dangerous things away as a bidding to me." Katherine looked to Adam, gently hugging him as sat down on the bed. "Elizabeth will have to share my room until she can rent on tomorrow." Elizabeth narrowed her eyes, looking over at Adam. "Isnt he..?" Katherine shook her head no, pointing towards the sky outside the window. "The full moon is coming. It'll make him turn and not stop himself."

Adam and Katherine were quickly returned to Losland by Elizabeth, taking them through another portal back to the town. She even managed to land them directly back in Katherine's room in the Inn. "Wow. Good aim. It would have been awkward if we'd ended up in someone else's room." Adam commented as they walked out of the portal into the room, the portal shutting behind them. He glanced at Katherine as she stated her desire to see more of Elizabeth's home, with Elizabeth reiterating that it only seemed pleasant during the daytime. Katherine hugged him then, and Adam put his arms around her, her scent dancing through his mind at their close proximity. The pleasantness didn't last long though, as Katherine reminded him that he wouldn't be staying in the same room as her until after the full moon had passed. Instead, Elizabeth would share the room until she could get another in the morning.

Sighing, Adam forced himself to let Katherine go and step back, running a hand through his shaggy hair. "Yeah. I guess there's no telling what I might do. When the full moon is really close, it can even affect me when I'm not transformed." he said, trying not to look too much at Katherine. She was beautiful, and certain urges had been growing stronger over the course of the day. "So I need to just...uh...stay away." he said, taking another step back. He wished things were different, but they weren't, and with Katherine in the state she was now, neither of them were ready for...what might happen. "I need to talk to you about something, Katherine. But...but maybe it would be better to wait until later."

Reaching the door, he fumbled with it for a few seconds before getting it open. Looking back at her, he grinned sheepishly. "Goodnight ladies. I'll see you later." he said before stepping out into the hallway, shutting the door behind him.

Elizabeth & Katherine

Katherine watched Adam leave the room, waving goodbye to him as she bit her lower lip. "I just don't understand him sometimes. He'll tell me we need to talk, yet he holds it off until I'm left wondering when the hell we're gonna be able to have a decent conversation." Elizabeth chuckled, looking over at Katherine as she began to change her clothes. "Men are all the same. And I'm telling you now, whatever it has to do with, I'm sure as hell thinking he's lusting for you." Katherine cocked her head to the side, looking over at Elizabeth with a weird look. "What?" Elizabeth pulled the sleeping gown over her naked body, smiling at Katherine's innocence. "He looked at you like you were a dish of his favorite food, Katherine. A man has only one thought when he looks like that." Katherine blushed, her mind racing as she put a hand to her chest. "Well, I've been having troubles with those things. The werewolf side makes life difficult like that, you know." Elizabeth nodded, laying down in the bed and pulling the covers over her. "Katherine, I know we'll be good friends. I can just feel it. And since you're going to talk to Aros for me, things seem to be looking up now."

Back out in the hallway, Adam rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he started walking away from Katherine's room. He had thought about talking to Katherine about Mrs. Le Roi again, but had decided against it for right now. He didn't want to get her hopes up unless he was absolutely certain. He thought it was possible, but if he was wrong, it would just cause Katherine grief she didn't need. So instead of talking to her, he wanted to try and talk to the Le Roi's instead. He just had to find them. How hard could that be? He headed downstairs into the lobby, and then went outside. Looking up at the sky, he spotted the moon. It was nearly full now, and the sight of it stirred his animal instincts, urging him to let his werewolf side out. Growling, he put a hand to his face, tearing his eyes away from the moon. He could feel it. It wouldn't be long before he transformed whether he wanted to or not. But he could keep it in check. At least until tomorrow.

Taking a few deep breathes, he forced the urge down. He still had a job to do. Sniffing the air, he tried to catch the scent of the Le Roi's, and started walking off into the woods again. He'd find them. If there were still in the area, it was just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.