Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam made a face as Katherine didn't believe his pretty flimsy statement about avoiding Luna and Nefarious, but didn't retort as she went on to explain the Day of Darkness, which was actually a week. He tilted his head, wondering how such a thing could be possible. From the way Katherine spoke of it though, it clearly wasn't something to joke about, and he thought he might understand why. One of a Vampire's biggest weaknesses was sunlight. Even if they could stand to be out during the day, direct sunlight still weakened them, judging by what he had seen from all of the Vampires he had met so far. I really do know a lot of Vampires. Weird. If the sunlight was gone, Vampires would pretty much be unchecked. "Sounds like maybe we should try to take Kain Darkheart out before this happens..." he thought aloud. "How often does this Day of Darkness happen? Every year? Every two years? Five? Ten?"

Katherine stepped through the door as he held it open for her, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek for his chivalry, but taunting him by saying she wouldn't be telling him anything about Luna and Nefarious despite his questions. "Oh really? I think I know a way to get you to talk." Adam said with an evil looking smirk, stepping behind Katherine as she looked around the Inn. He could see a few familiar faces, like Daemon and Hope in the common area with Kalar, but no one that he was particularly worried about talking to at the moment. Suddenly grabbing her around the waist, he started tickling her midsection with his fingers. "Still feel like keeping silent? Come on, you know you want to tell me!"

Daemon

Dameon soothed Hope, glancing over at Kalar and then the door. "If you'd stop freaking out, I would tell you." He smiled, looking towards the door and noticing Aros walk in slowly. He was carrying Elizabeth up the stairs, and Daemon smirked. "The Higher Being would like to talk to you soon. About.. Certain things. Why you did what you did to fall, who you think should take over once I take another position.. Things like that. Also, you're lucky I didn't cast you to hell when I found you before the demon outbreak. You're quite lucky to have a second chance." Daemon chuckled, looking down at Hope. "You think that your life is seemingly nothing. I could've made it that way, but I decided to have you prove to me that you're worthy to live on this world. Does that sound like a bad guy to you?"

Katherine

Katherine smirked as Adam began to try to tickle her, grabbing his hand slowly as squeezing hard. "If you know what is good for you, then you will let go. It'd be a shame to break your hand, mister." She laughed, looking over at Hope sitting on Daemon's lap. "Let's hope when Luna comes back inside that she doesn't notice Hope with her father.. Or maybe it won't. Seeming as everything is going great with her lately, I'm sure she won't mind." She looked up to Adam once more, her eyes narrowing. "You really can't stand waiting for the surprise, can you? Luna and Nefarious are quite capable of telling everyone their business. But you should firstly apologize to them, and I mean it. You saw the way she whooped my butt that day. Why risk her doing the same to you? I now know not to mess with her."

Adam winced a little as Katherine began squeezing his hand, but laughed as she joked about breaking his hand. "Alright, alright. Spoilsport." he said as he quit tickling her, but held onto her hand. He'd have to remember that Katherine didn't like being tickled in the future. That could be good to know. He looked over at Hope and Daemon as Katherine spoke of them, scratching the side of his head as she worried about how Luna would act at seeing them together. "She should be happy. I mean, she kept that little ankle biter safe long enough for us to get her real Dad back to her, and Desmond doesn't seem to mind if they keep spending time with her. Everyone wins, as far as I can see." Adam said with a shrug. It all seemed simple enough to him, but then again, he was fairly simple himself when it came to most things. It was everyone else who liked to overcomplicate things.

Katherine admonished Adam yet again for trying to figure out what she knew about Luna and Nefarious, and Adam gave her an exasperated look. "Well, maybe if you'd quit bringing it up all the time, I'd stop trying to figure out what you know about them that I don't. How big a deal could it possibly be? What, did they decide to start drinking Diet Blood or something?" he joked with a grin. She urged him to apologize, bringing up what Luna might do to him otherwise, and Adam scoffed. "Hey, I'm not scared of either of them. I'll apologize to them, but not to avoid a beating. It'll be because...well...it won't be for that reason, at least. Besides, maybe she beat you up, because you're just not as good a fighter as you think." he said, teasing her a little. He knew Katherine knew her way around a fight, but if she could hassle him all day about what he should do, then he could poke fun at her every now and then. It was only fair.

In fact, Daemon, my life is devoid of all I have held dear. Have you killed your longest and greatest friend? I have. I felt my blade pierce her, when I had to insure the demon that I sacrificed myself to keep inside of me did not enter Cynthia's body. I had gave up my divinity to keep the Higher Realm safe from that demon. And the answer to your question who should take over your position is nobody, because no one should have power, for it corrupts them.

He slowly stood up now, his voice raising with every word. Kalar could not stand the hypocrisy and self-righteousness from the angels anymore.

Wasn't the duty of the angels to protect? To guide humanity? Well, what has happened? Humanity are now animals, barely remembering the Higher Being. We could have saved them, but we only watched when they destroyed the world. And now, you look for a scapegoat, somebody to blame all the problems the angels have had so they can hide their own sins, something not permitted by the guidelines.

Katherine

Katherine looked over to Adam, her scowl increasing. "Please. I could beat you up in one move." She began to move towards Daemon's table, taking her time while talking to Adam. "Well, Luna beat me up because of Hope. Because she didn't want Desmond to have Hope. She loved Hope." She frowned at the thought, hoping Luna didn't think she was trying to hurt her again. She walked up to the table, Kalar standing up yelling at Daemon. Katherine put her hands up, looking over to Hope. "There is a child here, Kalar. Noone should be yelling around her." She left to another table, waving at Daemon. "Let's get something to drink, Adam."

Daemon & Hope

Daemon listened as Kalar began to yell at him. "Kalar, you did no such thing. You allowed that evilness to consume you. The rules we have for authority are to keep a clear line between punishment and order. If you cannot follow that, there are punishments. As for why we let everything happen to the humans... Well, here's an example. When the humans were created, there were no rules saying that we have total control over them. They have souls and minds to do as they please. So when they caused the war, we had to sit back. It was their own doing. Do you think I liked the fact that my daughter was down here struggling with everyone else? I would have loved to been able to stop the war. But I couldn't. My hands are tied. But the decision for what I should do about my position is to keep it. Keep the order around the heavens, and try to restore order and peace. Now please, leave me. You've angered me enough, Kalar. I try to be nice to you, whether you are a fallen or not." Hope began to cry, looking over at Kalar and screaming lightly. "It wasn't good what she did before. It'd be best not to have that happen again."

"Oh? I'd like to see that." Adam said with a small smirk as Katherine stated that she could defeat Adam easily. He followed her as she walked across the room towards Daemon's table. "I know, I know. But it's not like Luna was her real mom or something. Hope should be with her actual family. It's not like Luna can't still see her when she wants." As they approached, Kalar stood up, raising his voice as he argued with Daemon over something, and Daemon largely dismissed him as Hope began to cry, her voice sounding more and more like a wail the longer it went on. Katherine told Kalar off for upsetting Hope, and began heading to another table, asking Adam to come with her.

Before that though, Adam made a funny face in Hope's direction, hoping that he could get her to stop crying. He could only take so much of her wailing. It was like nails on a chalkboard to his sensitive ears. "Don't cry, Hope. It's ok. Kalar isn't going to hurt you." he said reassuringly before giving the Fallen Angel a pointed look. The last thing he wanted was Luna or Desmond going on a rampage because they thought someone was messing with Hope. After that, he followed Katherine to the table she'd chosen, sitting down beside her with a grin. "Kids...sheesh."

"So anyway. We were talking about your house before. Where is it? Far from here? Think your servants are wondering where you are?"

Damn it, DAEMON!! IT WAS GOING TO CONSUME CYNTHIA!!

Taking a moment to compose himself, Kalar took a deep breath. He turned to see Katherine telling him off and Adam was giving him a weird look. Kalar had to calm down! Turning around, he started to walk off.

We will speak again later. However, Daemon, we could have helped them. I don't think the Higher Being would have wanted his creations to kill each other.

He passed by the half-fallen vampire and her slave on the way out. He had to get some fresh air before he did something he would regret. If anything, it was time to move on, move to another town. SOMETHING! The damn angels, vampires, hybrids, and werewolves -- they were starting to become too much. However, he did need to send one last message to the werewolves. While walking to the door, he gathered up shadows and forming into a mass. After a couple of moments, he threw it into the air, where it formed into a small crow. It flapped its wings and landed on the table where Katherine was, and simply stood there. It would deliver its message, which was:

I thank you for not reviling me like many of those fallen angels in this world. I leave now, as the angels cannot see through their own self-righteousness that the world is in need of help. However, if ever you need me, I promise to help in any way I can. All you must do is send back the crow. This "animal" will turn into a amulet that, if you so wish, can be carried. What you do with it is up to you. I thank you for your kindness.

Kalar then walked through the door into the light.

Gerard Targonne
Gerard listened to Isabel explain Luna and Nefarious. As he listened to her his thoughts began to run. So far he only received information about Luna. Not much about Nefarious, he guessed it was because the man was just as mysterious to Isabel as Nefarious was to him. Honestly though he was not present at that time of Luna and Katherine's fight. So he didn't but by the way Katherine looked that day. Well, Luna was a mean in a fight.

He followed Isabel into the Inn and noticed Daemon at a table. He tilted his head a bit noticing a strange dark man seeming to argue with Daemon and then Katherine pretty much bit his head off, figuratively speaking. "Damn, that guy is in deep shit." he said to Isabel as he watched them.

Nefarious Darkhart
Nefarious looked to the Inn, though he was feeling a small bit sad. He never thought Luna to be stupid. He was just wanting her to be safe as well as their daughters. He looked back to her. "Love, i apologize for saying what i said. I guess it came out wrong...I just want you and our daughters safe from harm. And we will be able to get away to live our lives happily. I just have to righten the wrong my father has done. So everyone will be safe from his Tyranny." he returned the kiss with gusto. He looked into her beautiful eyes and smiled. "Well, lets go see him then." he replied as he lead her towards the inn.

Katherine

Katherine shot Adam a glare, looking over to Hope once more. "Luna is very sensitive about things. Leave her be." She drank her orange juice slowly, savoring the taste on her tongue as she thought about home. Adam had asked her what it was like, wondering if her servants were wondering where she was. "My house is quite beautiful. I had it handmade.. It's on the edge of the forest. I always wondered if it would be best to build it somewhere else, but I like my privacy." She tilted her head in thought, looking over at Adam. "Well, over half of my staff are hybrids or werewolves. They understand that I am the owner of my house and they are in debt to me. I'm sure they're fine. There's no reason they'd get hurt or anything. They know how to keep themselves safe." She sighed, swirling the glass as she looked towards the door. Kalar had stormed out, his hands clenched at his side. "I'd like to visit home again soon, if it's possible. I miss it." She saw the shadow of a crow land on the table, her eyes narrowing as the voice of kalar flowed out of it. "Hmmph. I understand why Kalar is mad.. But can't he see that Daemon means well? If it wasn't for Daemon, I'd be dead and Luna wouldn't have had his help with things.. Kalar shouldn't be acting like this. It's childish."

Luna & Daemon & Hope

Luna smiled at Nefarious, nodding. "You're forgiven, darling. Let's go see father. I'm sure he'll be happy to see us." Luna walked through the door of the inn, Kalar bumping her shoulder on his way out. She spotted Katherine seated with Adam, and waved before noticing her father at a table. As she neared though, she could see Hope hiding her head in his chest, her crying small and bleak. Luna swiftly walked towards the table, sitting down and looking over at Hope. "Shh. You're alright, dear. What's wrong?" Hope smiled up at Luna, holding her arms out. "Mamamama. Meanie poo." She pointed towards the door, her eyes wide and teary as she tried to climb out of Daemon's lap. Luna shook her head, frowning slightly as tears formed in her eyes. "I'm not your momma, sweetie. But I can be your auntie, if you'd like." Hope nodded, hugging Luna before settling on Daemon's lap once more. Daemon sighed, shaking Hope on his knee as he smiled to Luna. "How are you feeling, dear?" Luna smiled, her eyes watery as she pulled Nefarious to a seat. "I'm fine, father. They are fine too. We were just enjoying a walk with Neefie. What was making Hope upset?" Daemon nodded, listening to Luna as he waved to Nefarious. "I'd like to have a talk with Nefarious soon, if that's possible. I'm glad to hear they are doing well. Oh, it was just Kalar. He was voicing his disapproval of me and telling me I was self-righteous. The usual. I'm guessing Hope doesn't like it." Luna frowned at her father's words, looking away. "What would you like to speak to him about?" Daemon rolled his eyes, smiling. "Everything, sweetie. What's wrong?" Luna looked away, her eyes widening. "You'll need to train Nefarious for his fight, father." Daemon nodded, looking over at the door to the inn, grabbing Luna's hand and squeezing it. "I can do that."

Isabel

Isabel looked to Gerard, smiling as she took a seat at a table. "Yes, he is. And by the looks of it he doesn't like what Daemon is saying to him." She sighed, waving for a waitress. "You see, there are two types of fallen angels in this world. The first are filled with hatred from the darkness. Those who cannot live their lives in peace with themselves. They hate angels and everything about them. And then there are the types like me. We embraced the darkness. We knew what we were getting into, and we enjoy the angels. We know they didn't do anything to harm us or to cause us to fall. For we did it ourselves. Wether on our own or we were born this way, we still did it ourselves." She smiled at Gerard, the waitress finally arriving. "I'll have a double scotch on the rocks. What about you?"

Nicholai & Desmond & Ruby

Nicholai sat in silence as he listened to Desmond's plan, his eyes narrowing. "So you are saying that we should train Nefarious to get stronger?" Desmond nodded, looking over at Nicholai as he sipped on a glass of blood. "Yes. I mean, clearly Nefarious isn't focused enough. Kain is very strong. We need to help Nefarious as much as we can. You'll be the final test." Nicholai nodded, looking over at Ruby. "Desmond.. What exactly did Kain do to you?" Ruby nodded, squeezing Desmond's hand. "Nicholai showed me the image of the corpse. What happened?" Desmond scowled, looking away. "Kain thought that the final step to cut me out of the lords territory would be to raid my home. He knew Hope was a vampire child, though she will grow. So his vampire jockeys came to my house and burnt it down, Killing Selena. They sliced her throat and bled her dry. I came back for her body but I couldn't find Hope. I had told her to run when the vampires started attacking. I had no idea she was with you the whole time. I finally found a way to bring Selena back, Ruby. It's quite complex, but I'm sure I can bring anyone back with this spell. You see, I constructed an amulet with my powers inside of it. It will transfer her soul back to her body. And after that, her body will reconstruct instantly and she'll be herself again." Nicholai shook his head, frowning. "Sounds wrong to me.. Something is bound to fail in that scheme. But if it works, I applaude you. At least Dahlia is there with her. I imagine Selena is torturing her." Ruby's eyes widened, looking over at Nicholai. "How did she get there?!" Nicholai chuckled, looking over at Ruby with a gleam in his eye. "Daemon wanted to protect Luna, of course."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hmph. Sensitive. Right. That's why she puts these ribbons in my hair all the time." Adam said, reaching up and tugging at said ribbon a little before noticing Luna walk in, she waved at the two werewolves, and Adam quickly snatched his hand out of and away from the ribbon, lest she think he was trying to take it out. He didn't want her trying to put ANOTHER one up there. He idly waved back, then focused on Katherine as she spoke of her home. She explained that it was on the edge of a forest somewhere, for the sake of privacy. He tilted his head in surprise though, when she stated that pretty much everyone on her staff was a werewolf. "So it's not just the man who taught you how to control your werewolf half, it's everyone there..." he thought aloud. "Wow...it's almost like they're your pack or something. Haha, you're not trying to add me to the ranks, are you?"

"If you miss it, then we should go there sometime. Your servants would probably be happy to see you again." Adam pointed out after Katherine said she missed her home. It was after that that Kalar's crow landed on the table in front of the two of them, and spoke to them, basically thanking them for not treating him with disgust, as apparently he thought others had. "He must have his reasons. They'll probably work it out, eventually." he said with a shrug as the crow turned into an amulet. "Might as well take it, never know when it'll come in handy."

Glancing back at Luna and Daemon conversing, Adam scratched the side of his head. "Seems like now wouldn't be the best time to talk to Daemon about our problem. He looks like he's busy with whatever Luna's got going on." he said with a small frown. "I guess we should just try to relax and wait for things to settle down a little bit longer."

Katherine & Aros

Katherine scowled at Adam, her hair covering her face for a moment. She pushed her hair away, a sigh escaping her lips. "If I wanted you in my 'pack', I would've already done it. You're far from 'pack' material." She chuckled, frowning at the amulet. "I don't like how he's being to Daemon. Daemon can't help what has happened to Kalar." She sighed, looking towards the stairs Aros was going down the stairs slowly, his hair messy and a grin on his face. He had a shirt on, the buttons undone and showing his pale white abs. Katherine yelled to him, inviting him to sit down. "You look like someone beat you up, Aros. What happened?" Aros grinned, sitting down and waving to Adam. "I.. had some fun with Elizabeth, and she's asleep. I got bored once she went to sleep, so I figured I deserved a drink." Katherine looked away from Aros, her eyes widening. "That was a little too much information." Aros sighed, looking over at Katherine and grabbing her hand. "Stop, Katherine. You know I care for Elizabeth. We're like family. Stop being upset when I talk about her." Katherine nodded, looking into Aros' eyes. "You're right, Aros. I'm sorry."

"Ouch." Adam said as Katherine shot down his joke about her servants, stating he wasn't up to her standards. The conversation turned back to Kalar's amulet after that, and Adam shrugged his shoulders. "Sometimes, people need someone to blame. It doesn't matter who." he replied. After that, he followed her eyes to the stairs, and noticed Aros coming down the stairs with a goofy looking grin on his face. Katherine quickly yelled across the room, asking him to sit with them, and Adam groaned inwardly. "Here we go..." he muttered to himself softly with a small shake of his head. As Aros approached, Katherine asked why he was in such a disheveled state, and his answer left very little to the imagination. Adam supposed that was one way to calm someone down, though Katherine clearly didn't approve. The werewolf frowned when Aros took Katherine by the hand, but made an effort to relax, unclenching his fists beneath the table to lie on his knees. He had promised Katherine. No more fighting with Aros, which meant he also had to make an effort not to be snide, which may have been even more difficult.

Clearing his throat, Adam decided to keep the conversation moving, so he wouldn't have to watch Katherine and Aros stare at each other all day. "Well, now that Miss Flamethrower isn't trying to set us on fire anymore, maybe you can explain more about what you were talking about before? Can you really help us with Katherine's problem?" he asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Katherine

Katherine glanced over at Adam, shooting him a death glare as he spoke about Elizabeth. Aros sighed, looking down at his drink. "Adam, you know nothing about Lizzie. She's a wonderful woman. Please, if you want my help let's not bring up a touchy subject." Katherine nodded, looking down at her orange juice. "Tell us what you can do, and what it will take." Aros downed his whiskey, looking over at Katherine with his glittering eyes. "It will take alot of energy, that's for sure. I'll have to either place your soul into the spirit world, another person, or an object. Of course, that's your decision. I'm thinking I'll have to have Daemon's help with some of the healing rituals and such. After all, we're not doctors and I haven't fully mastered my skills in these subjects. But I'm sure it'll be a success. If not, then we will have to turn to Isabel or Luna for help. Luna has alot of power that can help you, Katherine." Katherine nodded, sighing and gulping up the rest of her orange juice. "What do you mean it may not work out?" Aros quickly looked over at Adam, feeling a touchy subject suddenly forcing it's way into the conversation. "Well.. You may die. Not for long, of course. I'll have to shut your body down, and then work out how to jumpstart your heart. It can be from a feeling pulled out of a person, it can be a tear drop... A kiss... Really anything. It has to be from someone who knows you better than yourself. Someone who has either touched your heart before, or has entered your mind. And only two people have been there." Katherine looked over at Adam, smiling. "It's Adam, right?" Aros shook his head, looking over at Adam and shrugging his shoulders. "No.. Not quite. It'd have to be either Nicholai or Daemon. With Daemon's work load already full, I'd suggest Nicholai. Firstly, he's the only one to go deep into your mind and witness what you have felt and saw since you were born. He has saw the scars that are bore into your heart. Plus, he would be able to telepathically visit and talk with you if we simpy keep your soul inside of you. I think that is the safer option.. Souls that are transfered are sometimes hard to get out of the foreign body. Though I trust Daemon more, Nicholai is very wise with his powers and has had years to perfect them. He would be able to soothe any pain you are in too while we work on your heart." Katherine's eyes widened at all the options, her hair falling over her face as she layed her head on the table. "Nicholai it is then.."

Nefarious Darkhart
Nefarious returned his fiancè's lovely smile and nodded. "I'm positive he'll be happy to see us dear." he replied as he followed her noticing Kalar bump her shoulder. He gave the man a glare for daring to bump into his fiancè. But ignored it for now as he followed his love. He also spotted Katherine and Adam and once again his anger flared up a little. He put that aside since he was going to speak to his father-in-law.

Once they were closer he noticed Hope and smiled. It was good to see her again, still healthy it seems. He followed Luna to Hope's side and listened in. Afterwards he was pulled to a seat to which he sat down. He was silent most of the time til Daemon said that he needed to speak to him about something. Once that was said he quickly looked to Daemon. Then a smirk appeared on his mouth once he heard the word fight. "I cannot wait..." finally he could actually fight, even though it was a sparring match which meant no deaths are to occur. But either or, it made his blood run with adrenaline.

Gerard Targonne
Gerard sat down next to Isabel at the table and soon noticed Nefarious and Luna walk in and sit by another person which he guessed was Daemon. He then looked back to Isabel and a grim expression appeared on his face. "I just hope i'm not damned to rot in hell. After all, I'am part of the undead now. And the one upstairs doesn't enjoy that. From what i've read." he replied sighing softly. "I'll have the same thing she's having, just without the rocks." he said to the waitress as he watched her walk off to get their drinks.

Adam sighed in exasperation as Katherine and Aros admonished him for his sarcastic remark, and he drummed his fingers against his knee for a few seconds. "Fine, fine. I'll just sit here and be quiet, like a good dog." he said in slight annoyance. Aros launched into a lengthy explanation on how exactly he could help Katherine, and true to his word, Adam listened in silence, taking it in with an impassive expression. When Aros suggested bringing in Nicholai to take some of the workload off of Daemon, he glanced over at the Angel, who was now speaking with Luna and Nefarious over something. He wasn't completely sure if he trusted Nicholai. So far, their interactions hadn't exactly inspired confidence. But Aros seemed certain that he could help, and he didn't think Nicholai would just screw them over for the hell of it. So he didn't object, though he wished he were the one who could actually help Katherine. Katherine laid her head on the table, seeming to be nervous, and Adam reached out to grasp her shoulder.

"Whatever it takes, Aros. As long as Katherine stays safe. Just...I hope you're really sure about this plan." he said as he squeezed Katherine's shoulder. "When are we going to try this?"

Luna & Daemon & Hope

Luna laughed at Nefarious' enthusiasm, her eyes lighting up as her father talked about sparring. "It'll be hard work, Nefarious. Sure, you and Luna have fought wars. But the power your father knows is almost as perfect as mine. He's dangerous." Luna tilted her head to the side, smoothing Hope's hair. "What do you mean, father? I didn't know you had good skills in fighting." Daemon chuckled, hugging Hope. "I'm leader of my army, Luna. What do you think? I'm sure I can train Nefarious to be as good as my army." Luna smiled widely, her eyes drifting towards Katherine and Adam. They were seated at a table with Aros, all of them looking solemn as they were deep in discussion. "Father.. Are you going to be helping Katherine?" Daemon nodded, his eyes looking tired. "Yes, I will try my best. I've never had the chance to see what will happen when you put pure light and darkness together." Luna nodded, grabbing her juice that had arrived and sipping silently. "How are the babies today, father? They're not as active as yesterday, and I'm wondering what can cause that." Daemon put his hand on Luna's stomach, his eyes narrowing as he looked closely at her stomach. "They're growing already, Luna. You're probably hungry. No wonder they aren't moving. They need food!" He smiled at Luna, standing up with Hope in his arms. "Say goodbye to Aunt Luna, Hope. Go get some rest and eat. It'll do you and the babies some good." He looked over at Nefarious, hugging him slightly. "That's an order, Nefarious. I want my daughter and grandchildren taken care of." He smiled and patted Nefarious on the back, letting Hope hug Nefarious before crawling back into Daemon's lap. "I'll stop by in a couple of hours to check up on both of you. If you need anything, just let me know." Luna nodded, waving to Hope and Daemon, grabbing Neefie's hand in the process. "We will."

Isabel & Elizabeth

Isabel shrugged her shoulders at Gerard, frowning slightly as she thought of the answer. "Hmm. I never thought of that. Then again, they say the undead never dies unless someone kills you. I'm sure noone will though. But I'll have to ask Daemon that one." She spotted Luna and Nefarious stand to leave, Aros joining Katherine and Adam at the table. The waitress had left in a hurry, bringing their drinks back as Elizabeth arrived at the table, her hair slightly messy and unkempt. "Isabel.. I know you don't really know much about me, but I need someone to talk to. May I ask for you to speak with me?" She had a drink in hand already, her eyes dull and tired. Isabel nodded, pulling out a chair and looking across the table. "What is the matter, Elizabeth?" Lizzie sighed, looking behind her at Aros, his hand still resting on Katherine's. "It's that demon dog. I know Aros is meaning to be nice and helpful.. But I can't help but think he's cheating on me or wants to. He's proclaimed love to me, yet I still can't understand the bond he shares with her. She's got someone close to her, and she needs him close to survive. Doesn't she think that Adam has had enough of her flaunting Aros around?" Isabel looked over at the table that seated Katherine, Adam, and Aros. "I can see why you are worried, but have you tried to speak to her about it?" Elizabeth nodded, looking into Isabel's eyes. "I have. She got snappy with me and we almost fought. I was brought up on old standards, and I'd never try to assume things. Though I don't know what is the facts, I can't help but feel that he or she is lying." Isabel nodded, smiling over at Gerard and squeezing his hand under the table. "I see. Well, I'm sure once he helps her heart he'll barely talk to her. It's crucial to make her well again, and I'm guessing that's all it is." Elizabeth silently got up from the table, her eyes filled with sadness. "I'm sure you're right, Isabel. Thanks for your time. And yours too, Gerard. But I must go before he spots me over here." And with that, she snuck back up the stairs to her room.

Katherine & Aros

Katherine nodded in agreement with Adam, her head still resting on her arms. "I'm fine, Adam. I'm just worried for the whole situation. We're talking about my heart and my soul here." Aros frowned at the question, looking away. He thought he spotted Elizabeth, but quickly shook his head. "Well, I need to set up the things I will need. So it will probably take two or three days. I will need Elizabeth's help with cauterizing wounds, so that is going to have to wait until she's calmed down about things. She means well, I assure you. She's just.. worried. She doesn't want the last thing she has in her life to be taken away too." A scar formed on his chest, right underneath his neck. It was white and pale, but showed plainly as it began to form. Katherine looked puzzled, leaning in closer to look at it. "What the hell is that, Aros?!" Aros buttoned up his shirt, frowning and looking away. "Nothing, Katherine. I'm fine." Katherine snorted, folding her arms over her chest. "Tell me." Aros scowled, tracing the scar slowly. "I have no idea, honestly. They show up and then fade slowly. I'm sure it has to do with either an angel or creature being killed. I think it's the darkness. Someone is intentionally trying to hurt me. But I'll have to figure that out later. You're more important." Katherine smiled, hugging him slightly. "Thanks, Aros. That was sweet of you. Though I know Adam cares for me more, it's still nice to hear that."

Last edited by a moderator:
"I know you're worried. But, your heart is still linked to mine. Can't we just leave the link going until this is all over? That way, my heart can keep yours going while everyone's trying to fix it, right?" Adam said, looking at Aros for confirmation. Aros informed the two werewolves that he would need at least a few days to get everything ready, and that he'd be needing Elizabeth's help. As soon as Aros said that, Adam let out a soft groan, he couldn't help it. It been only a short time ago that Elizabeth had been cursing Katherine's name, and now they were to expect her to help them? But Aros tried to assure them she'd come around, and that she was just worried about losing the only thing she cared about in life. "Yeah? Well, I can relate." Adam replied, looking at Katherine for a few seconds before attention was diverted to a sudden scar on Aros's chest.

Katherine immediately wanted to know what was going on, but Aros waved her off, saying it wasn't important right now, and that they needed to focus on her. He couldn't help but curious himself, but it was good to see where Aros's priorities were, and for once, it didn't bother him...as much. It helped when Katherine stated she knew who cared for them more, and that it was him, too. Steeling himself, he reached out to shake Aros's hand. "If this all really works...I'll owe you one, Aros." he said, forcing out the last part.

Whether Aros shook his hand or not, Adam then turned to Katherine to ask, "Well, we've got three days to kill. What should we do?"

Katherine & Aros

Aros shook his head at Adam's question, a frown forming on his soft pink lips. "I'm afraid that's not possible, Adam. Trust me.. As much as I wish that she could be walking and talking as we fix her heart, I must make incisions. It's crucial." Katherine nodded, holding Adam's hand. "I trust Aros, Adam. If he says I won't be in pain unconscious, then I'll gladly take that over anything else." She smiled, kissing his cheek. Aros shook Adam's hand, standing up to leave. "I'll go talk to Lizzie and hopefully Daemon. Who knows.. I may be able to get it done earlier than three days from now. But if not, then go have fun guys." He waved and walked off, Katherine sitting in silence. "I'm thinking shopping and then a trip to my house first. Then we can come here and get the surgery done and I can rest at home again. What do you think, Adam? The house is wonderful, there is plenty of space.. Think about it."

Aros shot down Adam's hopes that he could just use their link between his and Katherine's heart to reduce the danger to the girl, but Katherine assured Adam that she would be fine, holding his hand and kissing him on the cheek. After that, Aros stood up to leave after shaking Adam's hand, telling them to just do what they liked until he was ready to go forward with his plan. After that, Katherine stated that she wanted to shop a little, and then taking a trip back to her home while they had spare time, and then returning there again after the surgery for her recovery. Adam smiled when Katherine asked for his opinion, and nodded his head. "That sounds good to me, Katherine. I'd like to see your home. Do you want to leave today?" he asked with a tilted head.

Katherine

Katherine smiled at Adam's enthusiasm, her eyes lighting up as she looked around the inn. "Well, I'd like to talk to Luna first before I go, so let's rest up and get ready to go." She smiled, pulling on his hand and standing up, stretching slightly. "I'm so tired nowadays. Isn't that wierd? She shrugged, walking towards Luna and waving to Nefarious and Daemon. "Luna.. Can we talk later?" She didn't wait for the reply, smiling and pulling Adam to the stairs. "Once up the stairs, she led Adam to the room, stripping her clothes off until she got into her underwear and bra. She climbed in the bed, patting it gently and grinning. "Sleep time is calling my name!" She tilted her head to the side, looking around the room before laying on her back. "If this makes you uncomfortable, just let me know. I can put more clothes on."

Status
Not open for further replies.