Cairn War IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefarious Darkhart and Gerard Targonne [Collaborative Post]
Nefarious followed Luna out of the Inn listening to her every step of the way. He had to duck a small bit to get through the front door, but he was used to things this way. Once Luna finished her sentence he sighed softly. Silently agreeing to apologize to the man. He kissed her back and kept his face impassive. He had too much on his mind right now, it wasn't due to anything Luna has done since she did nothing wrong.

He saw the four as well and his eyes quickly locked on to a white haired man. He looked to be in his early 20‘s, then again, the way the world is today it is not entirely impossible for anyone to look as young as he is. What with all the super naturals anyway.

Gerard looked to Adam and smiled “Sometimes I do, but hey they are women. They are natural gossips." Gerard then had the feeling he was being watched and he looked to Nefarious standing at his full 7 foot tall mass. Gerard was actually kind of intimidated by him. He could tell the man was a warrior by the way he carried himself. The proud lift of his chin to show he feared nothing. Gerard looked to Adam. “I take it you know this giant?" Gerard asked him curiously.

Nefarious stepped into the shade of the tree and leaned against the trunk behind Gerard. He crossed his arms in front him as he looked down onto the figure below him. Nefarious could tell right away he was a vampire. Then Nefarious looked to Adam. “If those two bodyguards weren’t there Adam. We all would be mincemeat. I mean, they’re not stalkers. Vampires can sense danger, we are natural predators by nature.” he replied back to Adam. He returned the hug Luna gave him.

Luna & Katherine & Isabel

Isabel punched Gerard on the shoulder, her eyes narrowing. "You have to share a room with a woman. Be careful what you say, mister." Luna nodded to what Nefarious said, her eyes glowing. "I'm fine, just tired is all. Thanks for asking, Adam. I do agree with Neefie though. These bodyguards can tell when we need help. They are perfectly fine resting. After all, they need all the rest they can right at this moment." She sighed, noticing something different about Adam as she moved closer. "You removed your bow." She quickly tied another one to the top of his head, Katherine noticing and laughing loudly. "It's so adorable! I am NEVER letting you take this out!" She giggled, the other two girls giggling as well." Luna sighed, pulling on Nefarious' sleeve. "Let's go on a walk, love. I want to sightsee."

While Gerard was quick to agreed with Adam's remark about women, Isabel's even quicker retort made the werewolf scratch the side of his head, though it hadn't been directed at himself. He had to share a room with a woman too, afterall. Maybe he should start watching what he said. Though at this point, there weren't many more lines that could be crossed. She had already seen him naked afterall, thanks to that boneheaded Kalar's teleporting. Remembering that made him shudder, and he quickly thought about something else. Nefarious pointed out the timely arrival of the Bodyguard Duo, but Adam frowned and shook his head. "Who do you think you're talking to? Maybe you would have needed help against those blood suckers, but I can handle my own problems." he said, not liking being called weak.

Distracted with this though, Adam was proven wrong, as Luna quickly tied a new ribbon into his hair. "Oh c'mon, Luna! Don't-!" he started to say, only to pause as Katherine joined in, laughing and stating that she wouldn't let him take this ribbon off. Soon, all three girls were giggling at him, and he blushed furiously, not knowing what to do. He felt like the boy in the schoolyard who had fallen in a puddle, and now appeared as if he'd wet his pants. "...men aren't supposed to look adorable..."

His weak protest most likely went unheard though, as Luna began to pull Nefarious away for a walk. Pulling idly at the ribbon, he looked down at the ground in embarrassment. Some days it just didn't pay to get out of bed. "What do you feel like doing now Katherine? Any more mental anguish you want to inflict on my fragile psyche today?"

Nefarious Darkhart and Gerard Targonne (Collab)
Gerard flinched at the punch and gently rubbed his shoulder. He then looked to Isabel and frowned “Sorry..." he said earnestly. He looked at his feet and sighed softly.
Nefarious didn't like Adam's little retort about him needing help fighting off those baddies. “Adam, just how many wars have you fought? Cause frankly, this isn't my first one..." he was then cut off when Luna grabbed his hand. He glared at Adam and looked to Luna and nodded. “I think that will be best love." he replied as he followed her.
Gerard listened to the little argument between the vampire and the werewolf. And also watched as Adam suddenly got a bow tied to him. Gerard snickered trying not to laugh. “It..does...suit you." he sadi to Adam grinning wide.

Katherine & Isabel

Katherine looked over at Adam, her eyes narrowing. "You need to be nicer to Nefarious. Him and Luna are going through alot right now. Your defensiveness isn't making it any better." Isabel looked away, laughing at the ribbon and clearing her throat. "Um.. I think we should get going. If you need me Katherine.. Well, you always know where I am." Katherine nodded, noticing Aros and caling his name. He quickly ducked into the inn with Elizabeth, ignoring Katherine. Isabel waved and dragged Gerard off, heading for the inn. Katherine sighed, looking down at her hands. "It's so hard to not feel like he's ignoring me, but I just know he is." She frowned, looking over at Adam. "Luna and Nefarious are dealing with alot right now.. They shouldn't have to leave everyone alone because noone is being nice to them. We should be treating them like friends."

Luna

Luna frowned as they walked away. "My hormones are so bad right now. It's taking me everything not to go back there and rip Adam's heart out." She sighed, holding onto Nefarious' arm while gently hugging his body. "I love you, and everything about you. I can already tell that the children love you." She smiled at the thought, rubbing her stomach gently. "Did I tell you what we're having? They're girls! Aren't you happy?" She grinned, grabbing his hand as they turned a corner and gently placing it on her stomach. "I know you can feel them kicking. Isn't it wonderful?"

Adam returned Nefarious's glare with one of his own as he was led away by Luna, and turned his eyes to Katherine as she admonished him for his treatment of the Vampires. "I thought you said Luna was fine? You should make up your mind." he said with a twinge of annoyance. He turned to Gerard as he joined in on the mocking of the ribbon that Luna had put in his hair, though it was a little more subtle. "Just because I wouldn't hit Katherine, Luna, or Isabel, doesn't mean I wouldn't smack you upside the head, Gerard!" he exclaimed with a scowl. After that, Isabel prepared to leave as well, taking Gerard with her, leaving Adam and Katherine alone again.

But as the Vampires left, Adam spotted Aros and Elizabeth heading to the Inn at the same time as Katherine. She called out to her former friend, but he ignored her. This upset the girl, and Adam glanced away as she commented on Aros ignoring her. He remembered the last conversation he had had with Aros, to try and convince him to stop giving Katherine the cold shoulder on his account. To say it had been unsuccessful would have been an understatement. He hated seeing Katherine upset, but it was starting to seem like the only way to get Aros to speak to her again would be if he were just gone.

Katherine started in on Adam again for his treatment of Nefarious, and Adam shook his head. "Nefarious is the one who called me weak. Fine way to thank someone after they tried to help them. I fought those damn vampires for them!" he said with a frown. Sure the Bodyguards had put most of the enemies down before he could do much, but that didn't mean he wasn't about to risk his life to help Luna and Nefarious, two of the first people who hadn't treated him like a freak in years. Sighing, he scrubbed a hand through his shaggy hair. "Dammit. Aros was right. I am just a stupid brute. I didn't want to make them angry."

Aros & Elizabeth & Katherine

Aros heard Katherine call for him, but he bit his tongue as he realized how much Elizabeth needed him. He sighed, looking over his shoulder as Elizabeth hugged him, her eyes softening. "I know how hard it must be for you to have to see her upset. She has Adam though. And wasn't it Adam who told you to leave her alone before?" Aros nodded, his eyes glowing a bright grey as he sipped a drink that was slid to him. "I suppose you could say that, but I just hate how I have to ignore her." Elizabeth looked away, her cheast heaving. "Who said you have to?" He snorted, a frown plastering his face. "Well, it wasn't exactly something I wanted to do. I would've lost you and I can't have that happening." Elizabeth nodded, finishing her drink and standing up. "Well.. Let's go see if we can help your torn soul." She grabbed his hand, leading Aros to Katherine. The two werewolves were still outside, talking about things as they approached. Elizabeth cleared her throat, looking over at Aros. "Er... Aros wanted to speak to you two for a few minutes, so I came along. We were thirsty so we went inside."

Katherine had nodded at Adam, her eyes shining. "Just.. try to be nicer to them. Alright? I mean, you're not a dumb brute. But you're forgetting who were there for you before I came along." She looked up to see Elizabeth stop in front of her, Aros holding her hand. He was looking down at the ground, his eyes grey. Katherine nodded, patting the ground. "Would you like to sit?" Elizabeth obliged as well as Aros. His eyes were shrouded by his hair, covering his expression. But as he looked up, it took Katherine's breath away. Could he have been that handsome before? Aros tilted his head at Katherine's look, his pink lips parting to inhale. "How have you two been?" Katherine scowled, eyeing the elegant woman holding Aros' hand. "I've just been peachy. I can't speak on Adam's behalf though." Aros nodded, sucking in a sharp breath at the tone that Katherine had used. "I see. Well, how are you, Adam?"

Daemon & Desmond & Hope

Daemon had found his way into the inn from the back entrance, his eyes narrowing as he waited in the bar area for his daughter. He spotted Desmond carrying his daughter past his table, gently grabbing Desmond's arm. "Mr. Sharpe, I presume. I.. was just wondering if you'd mind me holding the child I consider to be my grand-daughter." Desmond was appalled at first, but quickly nodded, taking a seat next to the angel. "I'm sorry. I haven't seen her in so long. I can't be sure who to trust. After all, I have a couple upset with me for finding her." Daemon chuckled, picking up Hope and setting her on his knee. "You must be talking about my daughter and my son-in-law." Desmond raised his hands, his eyes widening. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean anything bad about it." Daemon raised a hand, hugging Hope as he looked at Desmond. "It's alright. Luna is very protective of children. She was very fond of your daughter, and Nefarious.. Well, he's just mean. I wouldn't take it to heart." Desmond nodded, looking around the bar area. "Are they here?" Daemon shook his head, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm waiting on them to show up here. I'm sure they'll be along sooner or later." Desmond nodded, looking towards the hallway leading to bedrooms. "I'm waiting on Nicholai and Ruby. Is there any chance Dahlia is here too?" Daemon burst out in laughter, quickly running a hand through his hair. "I'm afraid she'll be in hell for a while." Desmond's eyes widened, looking at Daemon with a shocked expression. "Did you kill her?" Daemon shook his head, pointing to the hall. "No, she's going to be there for a while now. But I'm sure she's okay. I'll watch your daughter. Go do business."

Nicholai & Ruby

Nicholai awoke from slumber, his eyes blurred as he noticed the sun was still in the sky. Ruby had fallen asleep on his chest, and he shook her awake, a swift kick following in his hip. He moaned, smiling. "Oh, you know I love pain Ruby. Stop trying to seduce me." Ruby growled, her hair messy as she moved from his chest. "Shut up." Nicholai watched her as she walked to the bathroom, admiring the way she walked and the look of her pale skin. She was beautiful, what with her tough side and all. Nicholai hurridly threw on clothes, his senses telling him that Desmond was near. "Hurry up and get dressed! I do not think Desmon would like to see you in your underwear!" Ruby groaned from the bathroom, telling him she was hurrying in his mind. He smirked, answering her with a telepathic message, chuckling as Ruby opened the door to throw a stone at him. "The next time you try that, you'll end up in hell with Dahlia." Nicholai nodded, walking towards the door to welcome Desmond. "Gotcha."

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam thumped the back of his head against the tree he was leaning on as Katherine spoke, pinching the brim of his nose. "I know. I'll try. Who would have thought spending ten years living mostly alone would have made me such a horrible conversationalist?" he said wryly. He closed his eyes for a few seconds, but perked his ears as he heard two people approaching. It only took him a second to recognize that strange, perplexing scent. It was Aros and Elizabeth. Elizabeth was the first to speak, and Adam's eyes popped open as she said Aros wished to speak with the two of them. Katherine asked them to sit, and once again the werewolves shared the shade beneath the tree.

As Katherine set her eyes on Aros, clearly enamored by his appearance, Adam did his best not to scowl. He knew that kind of look, and what it meant. It also didn't take a genius to recognize the nasty look Katherine gave Elizabeth as Aros asked how they were. Her tone left very little question as to how she felt at seeing Aros holding the other woman's hand. Letting Katherine out of his hug, he folded his arms over his chest and glanced away as Aros clumsily asked how he was. "I'm still alive, sorry to disappoint." he muttered with a shake of his head. He still remembered Aros threatening to tear him in half the last time they spoke.

"What did you want to talk to us about, Aros?" he asked, unable to keep a hint of curiosity from his voice. He hadn't expected the Hybrid to come anywhere near the two of them any time soon.

Aros & Elizabeth & Katherine

Aros scowled at Adam's answer, hissing out his breath. "I really wonder why I ever try to get along with you. You're just so difficult to talk to." He inhaled to speak more, but Elizabeth shushed him, her eyes glowing. Aros nodded, reaching over to grab Katherine's hand. "I have a new idea on how to help you. If you want it, that is." Katherine smiled at his gesture, looking at him as she breathed deeply. "W-what's the plan?" She noticed the stutter that she had, and she blushed, looking away. Aros felt a pang in his heart for his once love, his eyes turning to black. "I can transfer your soul into me until we fix your heart. You won't die. You will be fine. I can even transfer your soul to the puppy, if you'd like." Katherine scowled, her eyes narrowing. "Look, you both acting like this is getting on my damn nerves. Sure, I don't like your woman. But I deal with her. I love you, Aros. Not in a sexual or romantic way, but as a family member. Like you were before. And seeing you here is killing me inside because you completely dropped me the minute Adam put his two-sense in. Though I don't like that either, there is nothing I can do." Elizabeth gasped, her eyes widening as she put a hand to her chest. "Me? What the hell did I do to you? I've been trying to get Aros to talk to you, and it's not my fault that he avoids you because he loves me and not you." Katherine growled, her eyes changing into that of a dog's. "I'd watch who you are speaking to, miss priss. You wouldn't want me to show you what I'm like." Elizabeth's hands caught fire, her eyes narrowing in anticipation. "If it's a fight you want, then let's fight. Do you really think I'd let you steal Aros back? I saw the way you looked at him a few minutes ago. I know you want him. You can't have him, Katherine." Katherine stood up, her chest heaving. "You. Know. Nothing." Aros quickly pulled up Elizabeth as a fire started in the grass, patting it out with his foot, he pulled her away. "We'll have to talk some other time, Katie. I know that there's no good outcome or winner if you two fight." Elizabeth smacked his arm, her eyes beginning to change color. "You're making a mistake Aros. I can feel her presence. She's evil."

Katherine slumped to the grass, her eyes narrowed as a sense of hurt hit deep in her heart. "Damn this life I was given..."

"Yeah, well. The feeling's mutual, Pal." Adam said, though he kept the edge from his tone, mindful that Katherine wouldn't want them to fight in front of her. Aros may have honestly been trying to be polite, but there was too much bad blood between them right now to just wipe the slate clean that easily. Especially after when he had already tried to extend the olive branch and had it thrown back in his face. Judging by Aros's expression, he had more to say to Adam, but Elizabeth got him back on track, and he turned his attention to Katherine, who blushed and looked away, a fact that that Adam couldn't help but notice.

Adam hadn't known what to be expect, but still, he was surprised when the Hybrid revealed that he knew a way to help Katherine. Apparently, Aros knew how to move a person's soul from their body into another vessel, and while Adam didn't like the first option, hearing that Aros could transfer Katherine's soul to him instead of the Hybrid seemed on the up and up. "You could really do that? That sounds-" Adam started to say, only to be cut off as Katherine spoke over him. She was fed up with the way Adam and Aros behaved towards one another. Adam wanted to try and say something, that he would be willing to put his anger at Aros aside if he could help her, but Katherine was on a roll, and the words died in his throat.

He could have guessed how Katherine felt about Elizabeth purely by how she had glared at her any time they were close to one another, but Katherine decided to voice that as well, shifting part of the blame to their current predicament onto her. Elizabeth's response was full of anger, and the two girls began arguing heatedly, with Elizabeth stating that Katherine actually was in love with Aros, and didn't just see him as family, as she claimed. Adam jumped to his feet, partly to restrain Katherine if he had to, and partly to avoid getting singed on Elizabeth's fire. Aros had stood as well, and began pulling Elizabeth away, wisely knowing nothing good would come from the ladies having a fight. But Elizabeth flung one final insult Katherine's way as they left, and Katherine slumped to the grass, her anger and energy seeming to drain out of her, replaced with a deep sadness.

Adam stood there for a long moment, not sure how to act or to feel after everything that had just transpired. Some of Elizabeth's words had hit far too close to his own thoughts, and though Katherine had said otherwise, sometimes the strongest feelings were those that were left unvoiced. But he wanted to believe Katherine. So he just...had to keep trying.

Crouching down, he reached out and put a slightly hesitant hand on Katherine's shoulder. "Katherine...I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help? Do you want me to try to talk to Aros? I already tried once. But I can try again. I...I hate seeing you...like this." he said

Katherine

Katherine looked up into Adam's eyes, burrowing her head in his chest. "Yes, that'd be nice. But maybe later, since he needs to calm down his woman. I know what you both think. You think I love him, and that's not true. I loved him when I thought he was my brother, and I still do. He's family. I can't help but feel that way. And when I saw his eyes.. I knew it was him. He may look different, but he's not. Yes, he's beautiful. Who wouldn't stare? C'mon.. He's another being for crying out loud!" She sighed, gulping in a breath of air. "I'm not saying that I should've taken out my anger on that wench. But she started it. The night I went to talk to Aros, I accidentally woke them up. He came out first, but she soon followed. She gave me a dirty look too. Like I shouldn't have been there. I know she's probably worried that I want him or something.. But I don't. Honestly, I don't." She kissed Adam hard on the lips, her hands running up his face as she let go. "I'd love you to have both Daemon and Aros help me. That way you don't have to be close to me every second."

Aros & Elizabeth

Aros carried Elizabeth up to their room, his eyes narrowed in anger. "Elizabeth. What the hell were you doing out there?" He sat her on the bed, pacing the room as he muttered to himself. Elizabeth laid back on the bed, her eyes closing as she scowled. "Why don't you go ask your precious love, Aros? You're against me when she started it." Aros nodded, clapping his hands together. "Yes, I know that you didn't start it. But Katherine is.. sensitive right now. You would be too if you died." Elizabeth jumped out of the bed, her eyes narrowing. "I did die. Don't you remember? I barely came back, thank god for my father helping me." She began to cry, the stress of the last few years causing her to emotionally breakdown. "I just needed some time, Aros! Some time to get used to the fact that you had another girl before me that you wanted. Maybe I needed some time to spend with you without her always clouding your mind!" She fell to the ground, Aros catching her before she fell. "I.. love you, Lizzie. I can feel it. I know you're my match. Why worry about her? I just want to see the girl I consider my sister to be safe and alive. That's all I want. Now, come to bed and let's have some time alone. Okay? We'll both enjoy it."

He layed down with her on the bed, the room getting dark even though it was day. Elizabeth chuckled, hugging Aros. "I love you too, sweetie."

Gerard Targonne
As Gerard followed Isabel to the Inn he kept wondering about that giant vampire. Speaking of a war and this being not his first. Just how old was the guy? He looked to Isabel as he scratched his head. “So, what's the big guys story? And why is he mean? I mean i looked into his eyes and was actually kind of intimidated by him. He looked to be like a man on a mission to destroy something." Gerard asked trying to start a conversation up. Once they reached the door to the Inn he opened it for Isabel.

Nefarious Darkhart
He followed Luna holding her gently but protectively. He knew what his father had planned for next? He looked to Luna as she talked and he laughed under his breath at the ripping of Adams heart. “Love, it took me everything to not just rip his limbs off and drink his blood. I don't understand why he has to be so defensive with me. After all, when i first met him I joked around with him. But apparently he took it a different way and took it literal." he replied. Maybe he should be the next one i should apologize to? he asked himself silently in his mind. He then smiled to Luna “I love you too and the children." she then mentioned that they were having girls. He smirked thinking to make a little joke about that, but chose different. “I' am happy Luna, just worried about this whole thing about my father. It sounds to me like he knows where to find me. And will do everything in his power to kill me and anyone that stands with me. I can't have that." A grim thought crept into his mind. “Love, do me a favor please....when it comes to the fight between me and my father. Stay near your father and let me fight him alone. I don't want you hurt, nor do i want the children hurt. I'll leave the bodyguards at your side when that time comes." he said to her stopping in mid-stride. He was very serious about this and needed this for himself and for the protection of his family.

Adam put his arms around Katherine instinctively as she burrowed her head into his chest, hoping it would be at least mildly comforting. She agreed that maybe Adam trying to talk to Aros would be a good idea, but that it would be smart to wait for a little while. Adam hadn't been planning on trying it right away, not with Elizabeth throwing fire around like that. She looked like she'd been ready to set the whole village on fire, if meant keeping Katherine away from Aros. He glanced away as Katherine began explaining her feelings about Aros again, stating she knew what he was thinking on the subject, and that he was wrong. "Am I really that easy to read?" he muttered to himself, tightening his grip on Katherine a little.

Katherine kept talking, stating that this wasn't the first time there'd been tension between Elizabeth and herself, and after putting it out there once and for all that she didn't love Aros, surprised Adam by kissing him hard on the lips. There was so much emotion put into it, it probably would have knocked Adam off his feet if he hadn't been holding onto Katherine. As it was, it still made him feel lightheaded, and when she broke off, he had to take a second to catch his breath. "I...I believe you, Katherine." he said, a slightly goofy grin on his face as she took his head in her hands. He had wanted to believe her words, but her actions had sold him on it. It was hard to fake a kiss like that.

He nodded his head after that as Katherine asked him to get Daemon's help too. "That was my idea. I figure, if they both help, there's no way this can backfire. While Daemon works on fixing your heart, Aros can transfer your soul somewhere safe until he's finished." he said. He would feel best if Aros gave Katherine's soul to him, but he didn't want to try and force Katherine to do that if she thought it would be safer somewhere else.

"Listen, it's going to be ok, Katherine. I know things haven't been perfect the last few days. But it's going to get better, I promise. We'll get your heart fixed up, I'll...try...to patch things up with Aros, and then we'll convince Elizabeth to ease up on you. Then, you won't have to be sad anymore." he said, looking down at her for a few seconds, before giving her a kiss on the lips that lasted a long moment. If she could show how much she cared that way, then so could he.

Isabel

Isabel looked over at Gerard as they neared the entrance of the inn, looking around for Nefarious and Luna. "I only know as much as the darkness shows me. But it seems that Luna and Nefarious met centuries ago. Something tragic happened to him, and he as well as Luna fought in many wars together. He's very protective of her though. I would too, given that both of them have been keeping eachother sane for the last thousands of years. Luna was recently ranked as the leader of the fallen angel army, which we call the Dark Army, so neither of them are someone to mess with. Hell, I'd never try to fight Luna. She'd tear my face off and leave me to die. Didn't you see what she did to Katherine?" Isabel shook her head, her expression grim as she walked into the inn. "Enough talk about them. Her father is sitting at one of the tables here."

Luna

Luna nodded at Nefarious' comment, her eyes narrowing. "Yeah, I guess so Neefie. I mean, he used to be nicer to you until all the bad things started happening. Now he acts like a total ass. Maybe he's too caught up in love." She was surprised to see him stop in midstride, slightly tripping over her own feet to stop herself. "Neefie, I know that your father is dangerous. Like I told you, it's not the best time to have children. But I'm trying to bear with everything. You're expecting me to be strong and understand, yet you never even look at me the same anymore. I'd like us to get away soon, darling. If not, then you will be living with a really upset woman." He asked a favor from her, his tone stern and forceful. She stepped back, stunned by his words. "Nefarious Darkhart. Do you think I am that stupid? I wouldn't expect you to fight for me or with me when it comes to a personal vendetta. I know it wasn't what you meant, but it seemed as if you forgot that I am carrying twins and not able to risk their lives for myself. Or that you think I'd be that stupid to risk it. I'm not saying you thought that, but it sounds like that. Though I know you're not the person to be like that, I understand and will fully stand aside. I don't want you to die, Neefie. I love you too dearly for that. So I'm going to have some people around here spar with you and train you. Including my father. He'll be the first." She smiled, kissing him hard and long. After pulling away, she rubbed her stomach again, pulling his hand towards the inn. "My father's in there. I'm thinking he wants to spend time with us."

Katherine

The kiss left a tingling sensation throbbing through Katherine's body, her eyes dialating as she smiled at him. He assured her he would talk to Aros and Daemon, and she nodded. "Okay, I understand. But so help me if that wench tries to hurt you I'll tear her throat out.." She stopped herself, listening to his words. "I think Aros just needs time. I mean, he's also not as close to Daemon as he was before. That's bound to make him feel horrible." She was stopped from talking more as he grabbed her and kissed for a long moment, her head getting dizzy as she composed herself. She continued to keep her face calm, her emotions held back. "You're a sweetheart, Adam. Let's go get rest. I'm supposing we'll have a long night ahead of us."

Nicholai & Ruby & Desmond

Nicholai had opened the door before Desmond could knock, his hair perfect even though Desmond could tell he had just awoke from a deep slumber. "Hello, Nicholai. May I come in?" Nicholai opened the door, smiling as he nodded towards Desmond. "Yes, come in. Long time no see, Desmond." Desmond nodded, sitting down in a chair nearest to the door. He didn't want to risk something happening to his daughter. Nicholai began to enter his mind, Desmond forcing him out slowly. "What I see everyday is something you'd not want a picture of, Nicholai. Nicholai looked disgusted though, rubbing his eyes. "Why in the hell do you have a corpse of your dead wife laying in your house, Desmond? That's just morbid.. and.. and... GROSS! And people think I'm disturbing. Hmph." Desmond held up a hand, looking around the room. "We'll discuss that later, old friend. Where's Ruby?" Ruby exited the bathroom, her dress gleaming on her and accentuating her blonde pigtails. She walked over to Desmond, grabbing his hand as she nodded. "Nice to see you after all these years, Desmond." Desmond nodded, looking towards Nicholai and smiling. "It has been, Ruby. A long time has passed and unfortunately Kain had tried to cut me out of the vampire pact years ago. But I'm still a lord. I've just been preoccupied after the ordeal that Kain sent to my house." Ruby nodded, sitting down next to Desmond and patting his hand. "I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Desmond. It must be hard." Desmond nodded, his eyes narrowing. "That's something else I need to speak to you all about. But first, I have news about Kain." Nicholai sat down, his eyes focused on Desmond. "You really should tell me before I read it myself, Desmond." Desmond sighed, scowling at Nicholai. "You always are forceful, aren't you? Okay. Kain has already sent troops towards the northern and eastern cities, preparing for any attacks and awaiting his time for the month of night. As we all know, he's a sneaky son of a bitch, and I as well as everyone else plan to stop him. After all, he's trying to take over our cities. We're the rulers there. Not him. So I have a plan to stop him in his tracks, at least for a while..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing that the group was breaking off, Kalar stood up from behind the corner to see that Adam and Katherine were on the grass, kissing each other. If only the world were full of this. Turning back to the wall he had leaned against, the shadows absorbed him, pulling him back into the inn, looking for Daemon. However, when he came from the shadows once more, he saw Aros and his new woman walking in when Aros scooped her up and up the stairs. Even damned Aros has found his love.

Sighing, he stood there for a moment until he saw Daemon with the young girl at a table. He decided now would be the only chance. Kalar walked up to him, avoiding any of the waitresses while in the process.

Daemon, I believe we need to talk.

Adam smiled after breaking off the kiss with Katherine, knowing she had enjoyed it even though she was making an effort not to let it get her flustered. She said they should go get some rest, and he nodded as he took her hand in his. "Alright. Let's go." he said, standing up and beginning to walk back towards the Inn, wondering what Katherine meant when she said they had a long night ahead. Katherine had said that Aros had likely needed time, and Adam agreed. "I'll probably try to talk to him in a day or so. That'll hopefully give him enough time to get Elizabeth calmed down. I don't want her setting the Inn on fire." he said, laughing a little as he thought over Katherine saying she'd hurt the other girl if she attempted to harm him.

"I wouldn't bet against you in that fight."

As they got closer to the Inn, Adam could see several of the others going inside. First Isabel and Gerard, and then Luna and Nefarious. Remembering their conversation a short time ago, Adam's stepped faltered somewhat, letting Katherine get ahead of him. After what had happened, even though he knew he should probably apologize, he didn't know if he was ready yet, and felt anxious about confronting them. "I...wonder if there's another way into the Inn...?" he thought aloud as he dragged his feet.

Daemon & Hope

Daemon rolled his eyes as he felt Kalar approach, waving his hand to take a seat. "I'm sure Luna will be here soon, as well as Nefarious. I have plans with them so if you could, please make it quick." He bounced Hope on his lap, looking down on her with kind eyes. "You're so precious, Hope." Hope smiled, turning her head quickly to look at Kalar. She then stuck her tongue out at him, hissing and hiding her head into Daemon's shirt. "I'm afraid she isn't taking too kindly to you, Kalar."

Katherine

Katherine looked over at Adam as they began walking towards the entrance, her eyes rolling as she scowled at him. "For heavens sake, Adam. Are you that afraid of them, or is it that you cannot apologize?" She sighed, walking towards the back entrance. "You're lucky the inn-keeper let me have access to this door. He said it's usually only for certain people." She flipped her hair back from her neck, smiling at the sun in the sky. "Soon it will be the day of the dark, and who knows what will be lurking in the shadows. I hope that if something happens that nothing happens to Luna or Nefarious.." She stopped talking, afraid of what she might say next. It was Luna's decision to tell people, and until then she wasn't going to tell anyone. She was deathly afraid of Luna since the fight they had gotten into. Who knows what a pregnant vampire could do.

Caleb & Violet

Caleb had finally found the way to their room, his eyes narrowing in frustration as he tried to put the key in the door while holding Violet. She had became too weak from lack of blood, falling down as they reached the stairs. He looked down on her, his eyes shining as he saw how beautiful she looked even when sick. Violet tried to smile, her shaking causing it to look more like a hurt smile. "I-I'll be fine, Caleb." He walked inside the room with her still in his arms, scowling at her. "You worry me, Violet. Let's get you in bed. If you want, you can have some of my blood." Violet smiled at the gesture, feeling awkward as Caleb took off her jacket and pants. "What are you doing, Caleb?" Caleb frowned, his eyes stern. "I know you have at least underwear on. So do not feel awkward around me, missy." Violet nodded, grabbing his arm as he pulled up his sleeve. "Let me know when to stop." The bite didn't hurt Caleb, but the feeling he got when she bit him sent shivers down his spine. He wasn't sure if it was because he had been attracted to her for so long, or if it was because she had never fed on him before. "Stop. Stop Violet. Now!" He jerked his arm away as she sat there stunned, blood running down her chin. "I'm sorry. I should've stopped." Caleb gave her a kiss on the forehead, a heartfelt sigh following as he sat down on the floor. "It was just unusual. I've never had anyone feed from me before." He licked the wound, closing it up and tasting his own blood. "Hey.. I don't taste that bad!" He ginned at her, laying down and closing his eyes. Violet looked down at him, scoffing and clucking her tongue. "What are you doing?" Caleb sighed, snapping open his eyes. "I'm trying to sleep." Violet opened the covers, moving towards the wall. "Get up here, you jerk." Caleb grinned and slid into the bed, his eyes straying towards Violet's body. "Sleep well, Violet." Violet didn't say anything, her head throbbing as she craved his blood again. She pretended to be asleep, letting the darkness of the room consume her thoughts.

Adam looked away from Katherine's scrutiny, rubbing the back of his neck as she admonished him. "I'm not afraid! I just...I just need time to think of what to say." he said quickly. It also wouldn't hurt to give the Vampire pair time to cool down. Still, Katherine began walking around to the other side of the Inn, and Adam followed sheepishly. The Inn-keeper had given her permission to use the backdoor, so they would be able to go inside. As she looked up at the sky and spoke, seeming to think aloud more than anything, he tilted his head. "Day of the Dark? What is that? And one of these days, you're going to have to tell me why you keep getting so worried about those two." he said, noting how she looked a little pensive.

He opened the door, holding it for her to go inside first like a gentleman. "Ladies first, Madame." he said with a hint of mischief to his tone. He was still feeling a little giddy from the kissing from a moment ago, and still had her scent in his head.

Katherine

Katherine smirked at Adam, looking at the door as he opened it. "You could've fooled me." She clucked her tongue as he asked about the Day of the Dark, chuckling slightly. "You've never heard of it? It's a week of darkness. But it feels like one day. Alot of bad things happend around that time. Really bad things." He opened the door for her, stating that she'll end up having to tell her why she's so worried about Luna and Nefarious. "In your dreams, Adam. You will never get it out of me." She laughed lightly, nodding to him as she stepped through the door. "Thank you, sweetie pie." She pecked him on the cheek, looking inside the inn as they entered.

Taken aback by the child's reaction, he stumbled backwards for a moment before finding his balance once more. Kalar was puzzled; didn't Daemon ant to talk with him in the first place?

If you seem to recall, you wanted to speak with me for the Higher Being had something to tell me? Is this not true?

He stood there, waiting for a response from the angel and trying not to offend the child once more. Making an enemy of her would not be wise, for she already had the power to disrupt dimensions like she did with her scream. He had felt the his entire self shake itself out from the shadows, where it should be impossible to such a thing.

Looking behind him, he saw the front of the inn opening, letting in light. Kalar would need to get his answers now or else it would be too late.

Daemon, please!

He fell to his knees, as his guilt cut him down. He had to know what was needed of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.