Cafe Valdemar

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beralai glanced about the cafe as he stepped through the door. Taking note of the numerous holes in the wall with smearing of someone's blood, he stepped around the bar and helped himself to a glass of 1926 Macallan Whiskey. Closing his eyes he inhaled the scent and a slight groan of pleasure escaped his lips. He took the glass and the bottle and found himself a comfortable place to sit. Sipping on his drink he allowed his thoughts to wander over the last few days.

Reactions: 2 people
Max stepped out of the stockroom and glared at the guy who clearly had helped himself "uhm, excuse me, but who are you, and why are you touching out inventory? You don't work here, and I don't think my boss will like it when he gets here!"
He walked to the bar and took out his phone, texting Declan was the only thing he knew would work.

tumblr_lk2e19lcqi1qj9vfco1_500.jpg

Mike Valdemar, the eldest brother of the Valdemar family, not to far ahead of his brother Declan who he hasn't heard from in years until this fateful night.
Mike walked along the dark roads, his hood up and his face covered by the shadow casted from the hoodie. He was one most would avoid or not call a protector
His cellphone began to illuminate in his pocket and he looked down, grappling to his hoodie and tossing it down it revealed his strong facial features and a well trimmed fade
his eyes glassed across his phones emitting light. It was a call from the nearby hospital, putting the phone to the ear he was informed of his brother being in an accident and told the hospital he would be right there.
He rushed down the street, running as fast as he could till the hospital was in sight, his body bursting through the doors and causing most people to jump " Where is Declan " his voice booming the nurses scrambling to find the room his brother was in. And in no minute Mike was by his brothers side

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Beralai glanced up as a person had emerged from the store room. He held his hands up, one still holding his glass, and the other holding the bottle of whiskey. "Whoa! Calm Down! I simply thought this place was deserted after..." He nodded to the holes littering the wall.
"
I do have money, if that's the problem."
He slowly placed the bottle down on the table before him, using that free hand to reach for his wallet. "My name's Beralai by the way."

Pandora kept her body to the ground for a while, uncertain of the next things that might happen. After an hour or so, her tiny body got up from the ground and just begun to walk. She did walk across the town, by foot.

Of course couldn't decide if Declan actually cared about her or Leila. It was all a misunderstanding.

" I hope that he is alright.. I really want to see him but I'm sure he doesn't.. Still! I won't leave him. I promised." Simply saying that, her feet brought her to the Bar. Unsteady and unsure, Pandora took a deep breath before going inside the bar once again.

Her small body collapsed on the near by chair with eyes full of fear.

Beralai had taken a moment to glance at the girl who wandered in. She seemed damn near broken about something. He offered a slight smile to her, whether she saw it or not, he wasn't sure. But he returned his gaze back to the man who was demanding who he was, waiting to see if he'd allow Beralai to rectify his "mistake".

Max shook his head "no, that's not the problem, I just wasn't expecting anyone to come in.. There was a fight a couple of days ago, and the owner has gone off the rails.. It will get fixed.. When he finds his feet again.."
Max looked at Pandora and couldn't help but feel concerned "you're out of the hospital? Pandora.. Wh.. Where is Declan?"

Meanwhile, in the hospital, Declan slowly started to awaken.
His eyes opened slightly as he scanned the room, shocked to see his big brother there.
He gasped "argh.. Wh-where am I? How did you.. Ugh.. How did you get here?"

Beralai nodded his head as he listened to the man about the recent problems. He dipped his head slightly, raising his glass in the same motion. "May he get better." After that, he tilted his head back and finished his drink. With a sigh of appreciation he picked up the bottle and with his glass in hand, moved over to the girl and refilled his glass, offering it to her before he moved back to the bar and placed the bottle on it. With a nod of his head to the bartender, he stepped away and towards the door, planning on making his leave.

• Love
Pandora was like in a trance. Her body won't flinch an single inch from that chair. Bad past came again inside her head. Somehow reminded her of her stupid brother.

She looked at this guy once more, gulping hard and saw him ready to leave. Pandora ignored for the moment Max.

" Wait! I know ...Y-you! Don't g-go yet!" She shouted at the man holding her sleeves, looking at Max quickly.

" I.. Thought he was here. I don't know where is Declan.. I wish to know.."
She replied to Max with a faint smile, trying to gain composture.

Beralai glanced over his shoulder at the slight outburst from the girl. His eyes watching as he waited. Her comment had caught him off guard. She knew him? Wasn't impossible, but he knew he hadn't seen anyone from his past in quite awhile. He turned around and leaned back against the wall next to the door, in case someone were to come in, he wouldn't want to hinder them. He waited for her to finish talking to Max, his arms crossed over his chest.

Max smiled "you don't have to leave, sir. There is.."
He was shocked at Pandora's yelling.
When she told him she didn't know where Declan was, something just didn't seem right.

"Please stay, there is enough room for all of us."
He grabbed his phone and called Declan, the number was unavailable.
Max started scrolling through a news page, when all of a sudden he read about a car crash.
He dropped his phone, and looked at pandora
"he's in the hospital.."

Pandora looked again at the guy, leaning onto the wall. A deep sigh escaped her lips before she spoke.

" Yes.. I know you, Beralai. You don't remember me from first year of high school when I used to get bullied and you were in second year? .. Uhmm You were the captain for the football team and my classmate used to like you.." She said as then hearing Max about Declan the sky fell on top of her.

" what?! Wh-at are you saying ? Why you standing there!! Go to the hospital .. I will stay here.." Asked Max politely and moved closer to the bar, going behind it and grabbed a bottle of water to drink it.

Max shook his head "I can't.. He told me I can't leave the bar, no matter what happens. Boss's orders."
He picked up his phone and smiled "come on sir, you know you want another drink."
He poured another glass and looked at him, then at pandora "and by the way, Leila is probably with him,"

His eyes locked onto his younger brother who had now awakened from his rough slumber, Mike looked on with his hard eyes seeing the flaws in his brother immediately
" you're in the hospital, and i was in town to meet up with you...as a surprise....but i guess you surprised me more....what were you doing D? "

Declan sighed "I was walking, the car came out of nowhere.. My gi.. My friend was admitted to the hospital, I was going to visit her.. It wasn't my fault. I just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.."

He looked at his brother and grabbed his head "why are you here anyway?"

• Love
Beralai kept his gaze on her. He remembered being in school, playing football. Oh, how he loathed playing football. He was good, and would of possibly done something with it if he hadn't of gotten in a fight with the defensive line during his junior year. But finally, a small smile appeared as he remembered her. He had gotten the bullies to back off several times for her. He gave her a knowing smile with a nod.

"Well, I'm glad to see you, albeit under such strenuous conditions." His eyes offering her a slight smile.

His gaze moved to Max and he chuckled slightly, shaking his head.
"Aye, I do, but that 1926 Macallan is a rare drink. And you wouldn't want me to take something of such worth. Believe me." Beralai's father was a distiller and a connoisseur of several vintage drinks. With a slight bow of his head, he added; "But I will be back tomorrow."

He looked between the two of them once more and offered them each a smile before stepping out the door.

(Sorry, I have to go, hmu or something)

• Thank You
Max smiled "Alright, 'till then my friend, stay safe"
He cleaned the bar and sat down "Leila is with him.. Right? Or is he alone?"
His eyes were aimed at Pandora, desperate for answers

At least someone remembered her; for some reason it made her smile when he talked about the football team. Sudden he had to leave, reassuring he'll be back the next day.

However, Max kept asking questions of which Pandora wasn't sure if she should answer. It made her useless.

Putting the bottle of water down the table, moved a few steps to Max looking at his eyes and then grabbed his hands with hers all serious.

" Listen to me. Don't freak out now... But a small accident happened at the house and uhmm Leila is in the hospital to. I am sure she will be fine.. I only know Declan saved her from the bathroom.." Said to him trying to be as cool as possible about the situation.

" That's why I told you to go.. I don't care what he said! I will stay here. I need to sleep to.." Breathing heavily again, she hold her chest now.

" i don't know why im here, felt like coming to see my brother....i mean...if you dont wan't me hear i will leave you in this stuffy room to sulk in your girlfriend problems, your girlfriend is here isn't she....were i'll take you to her "
In all honest he was a bored man and in his life of being away from his family so long, he had decided that he would go out and seek them again, he was casted away to the military and had limited contact with them so it was rough

Declan shook his head "I don't have girlfriend problems, I don't even have a girlfriend. She's just a friend who happens to be a girl. Nothing more, nothing less." He sighed and sat up "I'm glad to see you man, but I figured you wouldn't want to see me anymore either. That's the option everybody else chose anyway."

Max shook his head "it's okay, I've seen enough hospital this year, I'm not a fan."

Status
Not open for further replies.