Broken Mirrors - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...so much for being a wall flower guess your in a sweets eating contest with a six year old--good luck!

Ahem, that said. My post was, for the most part, satisfactory?

Last edited by a moderator:
your post was entirely satisfactory.

now why hasn't anyone else posted?

do i need to start doling out spankings?

I was wondering that myself.

well, i think aleth posted somehing n our other rp about not being capable of accessing the internet for a week.

I've no idea what is holding up knon

and i'm actually downrght shocked hat ravenbelle wasn;t the first one to post after me since she has been waiting for this since the beginning.

i have i was just afraid of how to word it...i was planning on being the first to post after you, but then Sin beat me to it and i got intimidated and wanted to see what others would say first....

Last edited:
lol, no need to be worried hon. RP is a group activity, not a personal competition. no one will judge you harshly for putting up a post shorter than Sin's.

Yeah, and I'm not personally that scary. Although it has made a few people wonder. lol

lol, to be fair sin, your avatar is pretty 'intense' lol

It's not just that it was really long, I just kinda wanted to see how the other characters would perceive Mason square or approach Jason, stuff llike that, but whatever. I've started writing my post, so hopefully when others see it more characters will step into the story like they were supposed to awhile ago

satisfactory?

I wonder what Rue will think of Skylar.

Tanzanite--As far as I am aware, we just started so he may still yet be accepting applicants. :)

how long has he been around Jason? Maybe she'd have already met him?

He's actually quite new, both to the group (about to be introduced to the group by Lelou who is currently the top classmen.) Sky's the youngest inmate so far at 6.

Would she know Lelou?

er...CS

Name: Casey Myles Harris

Appearance: Casey is dark skinned and brown eyed. Her parents were a mixed race pairing, which in some of the more ignorant circles she has encountered, has made her a target for discrimination. Her black hair is very long but almost unnaturally straight. She likes to keep it out of her eyes by either braiding it or using a head band to hold it back

Psychosis: Bipolar disorder, specifically bipolar one, characterized by manic episodes and severe depressive episodes. Her manic episodes were characterized by delusions of grandeur, high, intense energy, and occasional hallucinations. Her depressive episodes were often filled with suicidal ideation, and the loss of feeling needed or wanted. None of her friends could ever pull her out, and she has attempted suicide twice.

Psychic Power: Telespy, she can astral project and uses it for observational purposes.

Psychic Type: Currently Artificial, though she would like to know how to become a natural so she is no longer dependent on drugs. Her dependence makes her feel weak and nervous, but she has never managed the courage to become a natural.

Personality: Casey is generally a kind, sweet girl. She has a rebellious streak that borders on stupidity, but she's never managed to get into too much trouble because of it. When in a manic episode, she tends to develop a God complex that can alienate and annoy her friends. In contrast, her depression makes her feel completely worthless and a waste of air. She has never been able to reconcile the two extremes. Normally, she is fiercely loyal as well as confrontational, when it comes to defending her friends. This tends to change when manic or depressive episodes take over. Both cause her to be entirely self-absorbed. She is extremely self-reliant and finds those who can't help themselves to be weak. Life has made her faithless, believing in no deity or saviour. She is a pessimist, not trusting strangers and tending to believe the worst of them, though she has hope of people as a whole. Not only that, but her mental illness has made it hard for her to see the silver lining. In terms of values, she believes that what is right isn't always legal, and what is wrong is sometimes fully within the law. Preferring instead to follow a self-made moral code, she rejects the teachings of many religions and governments. If she died tomorrow, the loss of life would not bother her, though she feels she wouldn't exist any longer to care. Casey hates people who can't keep a promise, those who lie to her, and those who use her for their own gain. She loves her freedom, which she feels has been taken from her very horribly. All she wants is to once again be able to do as she likes.

History: Casey grew up in a one parent home. When she was young, her father died of an illness that her parents did not have the means to treat. Often at odds with her mother as she grew older, Casey would often skirt her requests and even fully disobey. It wasn't that she hated her mother, but she felt that the two were too separate from each other to ever reach an understanding. At about 13, she met a young man, Nathanial, who got her out of her funk. He was way too old for her, but she was captivated, and in love. Whether their catastrophic friendship was in any way beneficial remains to be seen. That same year, her mother contracted a rare strain of AIDS and passed away, as she could not afford the medication necessary and did not want to spend the money she had saved as her daughter's college fund to help herself. Her mother's death was the beginning of her unraveling. Though they had never necessarily gotten along, the loss still stuck with her and affected her psyche. Her therapist believes it is this event that caused Casey to become fully bipolar. Luckily, she had a support system. Though her relationship with Nathanial had always been rocky, it was his support, both financial and emotional, that got her the treatment and help she needed. She has no idea why she wound up at Brewster, especially when she was getting better prior to waking up in the facility, but her lack of freedom has really caused her pain. Now all she wishes is to get back to her old life, no matter how fucked up it was to begin with.

How she heard of Broken Mirrors:

At first, she thought nothing of him. The boy who said hello. He was just another kid stuck in a trap. Just another experiment in human endurance. Just another person who could never be a friend. Still, he was intriguing. Jason. She'd known a Jason before, a boy from years ago. A sweet boy with kind eyes and a difficult past. Maybe this Jason was similar. It was so odd. So deliberate. She never really had people approach her. After all, she was just a lowly C rank. Nothing special. The middle class of Brewster.

He oozed power. Or at least much more power than she had ever encountered before. A ranks wouldn't approach her. She was just some kid with the ability to literally dissociate from her body. Others could do so much more. Oh well.

In that crowded area, he'd very softly spoken of making her a natural, weaning her from Kaleidoscope. The prospect was all too tempting, but the possibility of her episodes returning terrified her. What if she was as bad as before? Worse? Even though she automatically trusted him, she didn't trust her own mind. Even lithium had never fully helped. Nothing had. Kaleidoscope was as close as she'd come to a miracle, and even with it, she'd had a few months of depression. Oh how she wanted to go home.

Edit: As requested, I edited my post. Again

Last edited by a moderator:
She can, of course his popularity amongst the other inmates isn't something he's interested in. He's quite philosophical if a bit pragmatic. He's really a loner, but due to circumstance, has come to care for Skylar quite a bit. He's very intelligent, and very powerful as a psychic.

I think, maybe the most interesting thing about him is the fact he doesn't want to escape at all. Rather, he feels that Skylar deserves a normal childhood and that his upbringing was a travesty. I left the events leading up to Lelou's incarceration a bit shrouded on purpose to develop him more through out the story and bring him to light.

That said, he's a very deep thinker and soulful as well. He doesn't judge people by power or ability; skin color or ethnic background. He judges them simply for their actions.

-Edit

That looks pretty good Tanzanite. I hope he accepts you. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.