Broken Mirrors - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. That is dreadfully annoying.

omg i really wanna start....

lol, valerium said that he would have a character up by tomorrow.

i give you guys full permission to track him down and beat him to near-death with an assortment of used dildos if he does not follow through with this promise lol.

omg....that's a bit much lol

Hahaha. That is dreadfully annoying.

you have no idea.

it got so prevalent at one point that family guy parodied it.

twice

(ignore the rick roll 20 secs into this vid)

Name: Adam Carter
Appearance:
Teenage_Denzel_by_semokan_zps551ceab7.jpg

Psychosis: Depersonalization Disorder( His depersonalization disorder has led to him developing a case of fantasy prone personality )

Psychic Power: Persuasion, the ability to manipulate others with simple voice commands. Part of his ability is not only having the ability to issue commands but also to make "suggestions" that can fool a person into thinking what he's suggested is true. For example suggesting a spider is crawling on the persons arm might leave them with the sensation that there is in fact a spider crawling along their arm, well those of a very weak or gullible mind will even be able to see the spider on their arm. His commands become harder to resist depending on how well he knows the target and by using things such as the targets name to focus on them when issuing the command. His ability can also act as a morale booster, or alternatively a morale dampener, when used to command groups of people at once. Though he doesn't have the ability to control the actions of groups of people he does have the ability to push them to do their current tasks even harder or alternatively dampen their ability to continue doing the tasks they are attempting to complete.

The limitation of this ability is that the commands given to others must be simple, short, and concise commands. Any command of complexity or one that involves long instructions or multiple commands within them will have no effect on the target it's directed at. If a target can't hear Adam's voice, or if Adam is unable to speak, then his ability will have no effect. Currently Adam's commands don't have the ability to force a person to do something that they wouldn't be able to do anyway. To a literal extent this means he can't command them to fly and in another way it means he can't command a person to do something like hurt a loved one if they weren't to some extent willing to do it anyway.

Psychic Type: Natural

Personality: Adam can be often times absent-minded as he seems to retreat within his own inner world, not always of his own volition either. He has a very strong sense of right and wrong that he's adopted from the fantasy characters he reads about in his novels. Often times he's even found mimicking lines from those same heroes as he desperately tries to be like them. His obsession with heroism sometimes leads him to be boastful and outspoken as it attempts to cover up the near crippling self-doubt he faces. He's shown to greatly respect the leader of the Broken Mirrors after the strong impression Jason made on him when recruiting him into the Broken Mirrors which has led him to follow Jason's orders faithfully.

In his time within the Broken Mirrors group he's shown a strong animosity towards the administrators of the asylum and firmly believes that they should face justice for the things they've done to those within their care. He also seems to have a strong obsession with a simple silver ring he has in his possession. Though he's never seen wearing it he almost always has it on him somewhere.

History: Adam was born and raised as the only child of Richard and Carla Carter. Adam grew up in poverty with the only source of income in his house being welfare payments and his father's disability payments after he sustained a serious leg injury working a construction site. Other than the struggle with poverty, Adam's initial years were normal and unremarkable. His life took a complete change after turning five when his father's behaviour towards him begin to change. Adam's father, a victim of sexual abuse as a kid, begin to carry on the tradition started by Adam's grandfather and by the time Adam was seven he found himself commonly a victim of molestation. As the sexual abuse became more frequent and commonplace, Adam's mother became more mentally unhinged. Refusing to do anything to prevent it, she made the choice to turn a blind eye to the situation and often would not spend time with him so that she wouldn't have to see the reminder of what the situation was in their family. Due to the situation with his family he grew up unhinged and unable to make any friends. Often spending time alone or in isolation. As he grew up he found a keen interest in fantasy novels that he would find in his school library and spent most of his spare time reading them. He found himself absorbed in the universes depicted and the fantasy elements brought to life in them.

After turning eight Adam was given a doll by his mother so that he would have someone to talk to and wouldn't feel the need to seek her out as often as he did at home. Adam often times kept this doll on him and would read his favourite fantasy stories out loud to it. To Adam the doll seemed to come to life and often times he could be seen conversing with it like it was an actual person. He named the doll Eragon after the protagonist of one of the fantasy series he would often read aloud to the doll. Eragon became Adam's one and only friend as they enacted and lived out many of the fantasies that consumed Adam's thoughts. Eragon would often console Adam after he had been sexually abused by his father and as time went on Adam became convinced that Eragon was real. One night, after both of Adam's parents had gone to bed, Eragon told Adam about a quest that he had been chosen to undertake. A simple tale of a princess being kidnapped by an evil knight who intended to rule over the kingdom using her as his hostage. Adam was tasked with stopping this knight's dastardly plan and Eragon led him on a quest to find a sword that he could use to pierce the knight's thick armour. After acquiring the sword Eragon led Adam to the knights chamber where the knight slept and Adam quickly went to work. Sneakily climbing on top of the night as he slept he plunged his sword into the knights chest. The knight awoke with a shock and knocked Adam off of him but the blade had already pierced too deep and the knight's death too certain. It was at this moment that Adam realized. The sword he had used was actually one of the fairly large, sharp knives in their household, and the knight had in fact been his father.

Through this incident Adam's situation had come to light with the authorities and he was quickly taken away from the home. After thorough psychologically testing he was deemed psychologically unstable and was sent to Brewster Institute for treatment. At Brewster Adam quickly learned the cause of his psychological condition and through the use of the kaleidoscope drug he learned to temper the effects of it. Though his innate psychic abilities hadn't been the only cause for his psychological condition it seemed controlling them helped lessen the severity of them considerably. Within the Brewster Institute Adam quickly learned he had a special gift to control others, commanding them with nothing but his voice and for some reason this power gave him comfort. As it gave him a control in his life that he hadn't known before in anything but that of his fantasy tales. After reaching D-rank in the institute Adam struck up a friendship with another patient that he lived with, Chris Harvey. Though at first the friendship had been one-sided, in the sense that Adam seemed intent on avoiding interaction with the other inmates, Chris made sure that they eventually became good friends. Chris was a loud and outspoken individual, often times leading him to be obnoxious to those around him. He often times defended Adam when Adam had trouble with the other inmates and caused trouble in the institute. One day Chris begin to question the institute and the motives of the administrators. Chris recognized that they seemed to only be test subjects to the administrators and actively caused problems within the institution. As time went on Chris came to Adam to confide in him a plan to rebel against the administrators and enlist Adam's help. Adam, who's time outside the institute had made him prefer his time inside significantly more, wasn't willing to help his friend with the plan he had came up with. Chris, dejected but not finished, chose to find a way to carry out his plans anyway as he started to actively refuse to take part in the experiments the administrators had for him and doing whatever he could to prevent them from getting anymore data out of him or his abilities.

Initially the administrators attempt to put him in line with punishments, such as taking his prescription of kaleidoscope away, but to no avail. Inevitably they decided to simply remove him from the rest of the institute permanently and he was taken away before Adam even had a chance to say his goodbyes. The only thing left of Chris was a ring that he had brought with him to the institute and often times misplaced, due to Chris's forgetful personality, within the dorm the two had shared. The ring had been a family heirloom Chris had been given by his father before being sent to the institution, an heirloom that had been in the family since his great grandfather. The heirloom had initially been a simple ring that Chris's great grandfather had acquired in Europe during WWII and sent back to his family in one of his letters. After his great grandfather died in the war, Chris's own grandfather took it for his own and passed it down to his own son before his death. Chris's father hadn't any interest in the ring and had immediately passed it down to him after receiving it but it had been a final memento from his grandfather that he couldn't help but cherish. After Chris's disappearance Adam took the ring as his own to remember the friend he had lost to the administrators. Unsure of what had happened to Chris he nonetheless found a growing animosity inside him towards the administrators and it was after this that he was approached by Jason to join the Broken Mirrors group. It's been one year since he joined the Broken Mirrors and in that time Adam's anger towards the administrators has remained strong.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Well there we are I posted my CS. The spoiler tags won't work for the history and for some reason 2/4 paragraphs are in a different font but fudge it all, I ain't going to try and edit it any longer. Also I will admit wholeheartedly Buio, that that doesn't even make it into the top 20 list of awful things I've done to people!

nice, approved. with this we'll finally be capable of having the IC up and running.

expect to see the thread go up either tuesday or wedensday (those are my days off from work)

Also I will admit wholeheartedly Buio, that that doesn't even make it into the top 20 list of awful things I've done to people!

see what i mean guys?

god dammit. I just realized that not a single one of our characters is an Esper. Kinda feel like i made that whole skill tree for nothing now *pouts*.

Did you forget about my character? She's an esper!

Oh, by the by guys, who wants to be our newest recruit? I want at least one of you guys to have never seen any of the others except for Jason before and be introduced to everyone within the first 10 or so posts. any volunteers?

Did you forget about my character? She's an esper!

haha, lol, you know, I totally forgot that I made precognition an esper ability instead of a telepath ability. Lol, nvm then, i guess the only type of psychic we don;t have is the sensory-boosting esper type (since yours is a sensory surpassing type)

• Love
Oh, by the by guys, who wants to be our newest recruit? I want at least one of you guys to have never seen any of the others except for Jason before and be introduced to everyone within the first 10 or so posts. any volunteers?

I'm not volunteering but if no one else does I can go ahead and smash one of the other guys over the head with a blunt instrument so we can pretend they have amnesia for the first 10 or so posts.

We can make Sky the recruit.

I did not swee that coming, I'm apart of the introduction. Hurrah for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
oy, Sin! whachu doin makin my post look tiny in comparison?! Imma have to kick you out of the rp now for upstagery.

lol jk.

lol

I actually wasnt sure where I should begin, so I wound up writing a novella instead. xD I blame you for putting me in the spotlight!

spotlight!? i freakin metioned that theyr were part of teh scenery! his strawberry milkshake was more in the spotlight than you! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.