Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is certainly getting plenty of attention, I'll have a CS up sometime tomorrow (hopefully).

Alright so, this is really late and I realize it's made it difficult to come up with backgrounds for your characters, but I've been figuring out the first plot I want to do in this RP. I wanted it to be something that would get the players all in one place, and having to work together (at least temporarily) straight away.

You know how in the first post, there's a mention of how foreign agents are trying to collect superpowered individuals to take back to their home countries for study?

Your characters (if they have powers) have been identified and captured by these agents. Maybe your character accidentally and/or unknowingly revealed their power in a way that caught the attention of the wrong person. Maybe your character went to a doctor seeking help, but that doctor sold them out to those agents for a nice fat check. Whatever the reason, they were grabbed and chloroformed, and when they next wake up, they're tied up and groggy and either already loaded or being loaded on a ship that's destined for someplace overseas. Their mission, whether they like it or not, is to escape, or risk becoming a lab rat in god knows what country.

We do have some characters who don't have powers; we can work to figure out how your characters get involved in the starting plot, or, if you're okay with waiting, we can figure out how you get involved after the escape. Feel free to PM me to discuss it further.

Everyone good with this?

(I know I mentioned specific countries in the first version of the premise, but I decided against it and left it ambiguous because at least one of those countries was kinda overdone.)

I had edited in something like that into My CS so... yeah.

Sure, I can work that into my cs.
Also can someone help me figure out a code name for my character? :D

Sure, I can work that into my cs.
Also can someone help me figure out a code name for my character? :D
Well, there's Spark... and um... Overload?

Name: Blake Dias
Codename: smokes
Classification: Superhuman
Power: smoke manipulation

Backstory: Blake lived a very nice life, he had his own group of friends, lived in a modern neighborhood, both mother and father supported him, and on top of that had decent grades ( C average, but what did that matter? ) He took a liking to the ability of the body, how it moved in action, acrobats. But not just any acrobatic practice, but rather free running. him and his circle thought it to be a challenge to scale man made objects, buildings and anything that caught their eye. This led to his pursuit in being a stunt devil, and began to take college classes on the sorts. But not everything stays gold...

A month after everything in the city had gone to hell, his own mutations began to show. It started one day when he tried a cigarette for the first time, a college student pressured him into it (10 dollars) to see his horrible reaction, and he tried. the first inhale of smoke was fine, no coughing for the first time....and no smoke came out from the exhale. But surprisingly no one bothered to say anything about it. once the stick of nicotine was gone he threw the bud away and went on with his day, taking the second class of the day, and during that class his clothes burned completely off. It first started as black smoke emitting from his skin, and then the smoke burnt holes in the clothing. making a scene, he began to panic and ripped off his clothing before running out of the class and down the hall into the janitors room looking like a smoke machine that you'd use for Halloween, only with black smoke. Once inside he started to try and pat his body to "put out" the smoke. And eventually set off the fire sprinkler, at least the smoke stopped.

After sneaking to his dorm at the university, and jumped into new clothes. He went over the past event while laying in his bed. At some point he figured out how to allow smoke to come out of his pointer finger. But it didn't last long, eventually he had to Inhale more to be able to use this new found ability. Even though he could only let the black cloud out of his finger tips, and his nose. He learned that if he didn't release the smoke eventually, it would find it's way out and burn anything on him.

At first a video popped up about his incident in class, it was recorded. Which brought attention to him, from places he didn't want to get involved in. So he dropped out, and found a single apartment with his pocket cash. He tried to become a new superhero like in the comics...but that idea ran out when all he could do was smoke out.

Eventually he had to pay rent, and he knew how boring work was, so why not become a street performer, make some good money, and hopefully a agent or someone famous would see his talent. First he started on the streets, doing petty card tricks, but that didn't work. Nothing but a couple dollars a day. That woundnt pay the 300$.

Things where looking bad, he started to give up, but one day he smoked a stick. And began to blow shapes from his mouth, something to pass the time while waiting for an audience. A little child, a girl watched in awe as Blake created a cloud in the shape of a diamond. Blake caught on to this, the kid brought her mom, which attracted more attention. The man who created art with a cancerous cloud, was now raking in money like never before. Sure it wasn't big, but it brought food and paid the rent....and the pack of smokes. Though to make sure he didn't catch attention from the men in charge. He picked random spots in the city to perform his talents. He also lost contact from his parents, just incase anything bad happened. But he was adapting to the new life style and loved the money he received for it.

Description:
smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002_zps8901e31a.jpg

5'9 tall, and lithe. His body is evenly muscular, he might not look it with his lanky appearance, but he can hold his own. He has violet dyed shagy hair, and slightly purple eyes lazy eyes, they changed from blue to a light purple shade. He had to change his hair color to match his eyes

Skills:
-acrobats
-free running
-climbing
-procrastinating

Current State: Blake can so far create shapes and objects with smoke, inhale any smoke from a burning substance, and hold it within his body and release it when he pleases from any place on his body. But he can only hold it within him for two hours at the most before it releases from his pores and burns his clothing.

Full Power/Adaptations: Eventually he will be able to hold larger amounts of smoke, and produce it in larger, and more concentrated areas, as well as heating it more than usual, and blasting it at will. He can also use it for a camafluage if needed be, good for creating illusions. And create bigger shapes than his usual size.

Weaknesses: Blake cannot be doused in water, sure a shower will be fine. But if he's submerged in water while full of smoke, his body has a bad reaction, and will burn till his body dissolves.

He may be agile and can perform amazing stunts, he cannot take a hit without suffering more damage than the average person. He's always been weak to pain.

Blake also has a fear of water, a shower or a cup won't scare him. But a pool, lake, ocean, he will stay as far as he can from it and try his damn hardest to avoid contact.

Aspirations: smokes just wants to gain as much money as he can with his new found talent, and the be remembered long after he leaves the world.​

Last edited by a moderator:
CS Updated again.

Name: Robert Daloa
Codename: Blade
Classification: Superhuman

Backstory: When Robert was very little, both of his parents died in a plane crash, brought on by a terrorist attack. After miraculously surviving, he was raised instead by an eccentric man named Alex Relson, who had also taken six other children without parents into his care. Though Alex didn't know much about raising children, he sympathized with orphans and felt like he needed to do something. He taught them about fending for themselves; Robert and the others learned to identify edible plants, construct temporary shelters, hunt small animals, and steal when those methods weren't enough.

Unfortunately, this life didn't last long. Three members of the group all developed powerful abilities, and for reasons they kept to themselves, they used their new abilities to kill Alex. As soon as Robert's powers manifested -- mere days later -- he confronted them, demanding why they would do something like that. When the three reacted violently, Robert was forced to run away for the first time in his life, or die. He only returned to his old home once more to collect some necessities.

Now, two months later, Robert lives comfortably on his own, working odd jobs wherever he can. It's not a particularly glamorous lifestyle, but all the manual labor keeps him in shape and he can afford two or three decent meals a day, plus a cheap apartment. He didn't see any of his adopted siblings since, until one faithful day when one of them showed up at his doorstep. He was a space manipulator, one of the three that had killed Alex. Robert was only halfway through his demand for answers when he found himself teleported into a truck, being carted off to god-knows-where.

Description: Robert's hair makes him stick out like a sore thumb. The left side (from his perspective) is buzzed short, while the right is done up in tall spikes running down from his scalp to his ear, like a mohawk turned sideways. All the hair products he puts in has left it crazy dry, but it does its job and does it well. Thick, expressive eyebrows and thin lips exaggerate most of his expressions, and his thin, flexible build makes his speed and endurance apparent as well. Two small scars, one on his left cheek and another under the right side of his lips, act as proof of his history of brawling.

Skills: Robert's hobbies include boxing and urban parkour; physical activity is one of the few things that can calm down his raging temper. He has no formal training in either, but the internet is a powerful resource. He also has the basic survival skills that Alex taught him, though he's very rusty after living a more cushy lifestyle for so long.

Current State: Right now, Robert can only change the state of his fingertips: he can make them very hard and sharp, like makeshift claws; doing so causes them to turn solid black. He hasn't yet figured out how to completely "turn off" this power, so his fingernails are always black and very hard to break. He's gotten more than a few remarks about his "girly nail polish," much to his chagrin.

Full Power: Robert will be able to transfigure the shape of his arms. When his power is "turned on," his arms become solid black and feel like they're made of a lightweight metal. He will typically use this power to transform his arms into bladed weapons. It should be noted that he only has so much mass to work with.

Weaknesses: Robert's physical weakness is simple: his power only affects his arms. Chop them off, and he's powerless for good. Even at full power, he can't shapeshift his shoulder (he needs the joint) or anything past it. His biggest psychological weakness is his temper. He's more hotheaded than Hades, and thus very easy to manipulate. He's also not a very good judge of character, and loyal to a fault to those he considers trustworthy.

Aspirations: At first, Robert wanted to use his powers for the benefit of humanity, but his perceived cowardice on the day he failed to stop the ones that killed Alex has left him confused about his own strength. Right now he's just trying to get more control over what he can do while living a normal life.

Last edited:
Uhhh...

Since this is a problem that's come up multiple times now, is everyone aware that, at the time this RP is set to begin, people only started developing superpowers like two months ago when the Alien Event occurred? And that prior to that, the setting was virtually identical to the real world?

This is a legitimate question. If I need to, I'll put something up in one of the first posts to clarify exactly when everything occurred, like a timeline or something.

Ohhh...derp. Sorry I totally forgot about that. I'll modify my bio. >w>'

Bio hopefully fixed.

It never specified in the opening part as to when this happened. Leaving me personally assuming that it could have happened in the past and the effects start showing up randomlly. Literally this will be the fourth time I have had to completely redo my CS.

Oh...oh yeah, you're right. I was wondering how I came to that assumption too. :/

Okay, in my defense, I just want to point out what I did say in the first post:

1. The Alien Event occurred.
  2. A few months later, people began showing mutations.
  3. The public got scared and the American government started rounding people up.
  4. The government is trying--present tense--to round people up.
  5. So are foreign agents.
I realize I didn't explicitly state "two months ago", but I really don't see where the assumption that it was years ago would come from. I'm sorry it wasn't clearer, but I don't think I was that much unclear.

I'm sorry about the mix-up nonetheless, and I wish you luck with future RPs.

EDIT: To completely clarify this problem, I'm putting a timeline of events up in the second post, above the character list. Sorry again to everyone about the confusion.

Name: Avalyn Denex
Codename: Gadget
Classification:
Super Human

Backstory: Avalyn was born to a family of German Nuclear scientists. Her family having moved out of Germany to avoid the European Unions disruption with Nuclear power in the times of the fall of the Soviet Union. She was raised to be smarter than all those around her. She graduated High School by the age of 16 and was done with her college career in Experimental Engineering by the age of 19. At this time she began to progress in a Masters Degree.

People speculate on how this intellect of hers came to be but only her parents have the slightest clue. It was during the aftermath of the Huston disaster that she was out and found an Orb laying on the ground. She picked it up before it flashed brightly causing her to fall back and scream out. Her mind swarmed with incredible pain as she began to convulse. People ran over to her and she was quickly rushed to the hospital. It was at first thought to be a sign of a type of radiation poisoning but the symptoms quickly cleared.

She awoke inside of the hospital and was quickly discharged after several tests were done to her. It was not until nearly a week later that she began to get extreme head aches in the middle of her college classes. At this time she continued through college and was going for a Masters Degree in her field of study. It was during one of these classes that she simply stood up and walked towards the front when the professor wrote out a large equation. Her mind seemed to be figuring it out as she walked up without permission. She picked up the Expo-Marker and began writing out the formula and the answer to the equation off the top of her head. The professor backed up several feet and watched as she wrote out the several step equation with the precision of a computer. When it was over she blinked twice. "This is correct.. right." She said to the professor.

The next two days the Professor continued to call her up whenever he drew and application up on the board and she seemed to be learning how to do it faster each time she progressed through the equations. Little did she know that this intellect was not natural and that she was beginning to attract attention. It was during a presentation a month later that it came out into the open. A person said an equation out loud to test her true potential and she figured it out just by word of ear. This all being remembered as he spoke and computed in mere milliseconds. She spout out the answer and every just stared. The man who asked it nodded "That is correct..." He said making everyone clap. Avalyn couldn't help but feel special after all of this.

It was a month after the meeting that she began an unbelievable need to build things. It was through this that she created something that wasn't even considered possible considering the power source required. She spent the next week talking to professors and many other individuals to obtain a old miniaturized Lithium core Reactor that she shoved into the machine to power it. It was a week after this and a week after she hid the machine away that she was captured during a drive to one of the speeches that she was to deliver. People knew that her intelligence was not natural and they wanted to know how.

Description:
steampunk_space_girl_by_b_tot-d81ol64.jpg
Stands nearly 5'10" tall making her rather tall for a girl. She doesn't look imposing by any sense and it truly is that way. She doesn't have much upper body strength and she has never focused on her body.

Skills:
Engineering
Analytic Analysis
Building Things
Problem Solving.
Anything Truly Intelligence Based.

(Begins with 'Creation' On the Far Left)
blaze+orange+daryl+mandryk+concept+art+soldier+exo+suit+combat+armor+mech+mecha+blaster+laser+rifle+gun+cannon+snow+warrior+sci+fi.jpg

Current State:

Anomaly: Her ability to learn and compute surpasses anything that the human race has seen. This being the result of a Alien object it leaves her weak in many other areas. Her strongest part is her mind which she uses for herself in every situation. She is beyond words a subtle and very methodical person who is quick to snap when involved in something. She is an Engineer in every sense of the word. She is able to compute equations at an alarming rate and create things people didn't think were possible. At this time she is confined to many of the technological limitations society has. But it will not stop her from experimentation beyond the watch of those that care for her.

Full Power/Adaptations:

Eureka: This mind will progress to the point where she will be able to take things in her mind and put them directly onto paper without a thought on how to do it. Schematics can be drawn up and built in a matter of days with her careful guidance. She will be able to hack and compute anything having to do with mathematics. The ability to digest new information will reach where she has to just skim read through a manual and use prior knowledge relating to it to understand how something works. She will have a keen and sharpened problem solving skills making her extremely useful for figuring out how to go about something in the field.

Weaknesses:

She is Physically stupid in all aspects. She can run for a long period of time but is very weak and doesn't have much 'Meat' on her bones. She relies strictly on her creations and own intelligence to protect and keep her out of trouble.

Lacks all sense of common sense: Her mind has progressed to the point where she has become stupid in many other aspects. People consider her clumsy or self destructive as she lacks common sense traits that give most people an edge over her.

Aspirations: She wishes to one day have the Human race rise to their true potential. She wants them to reach heights she alone would not be able to reach. She believes peoples lives lie outside of the planet and is willing to assist.

(Deleted Old Version. This is Overhauled.)

@Razilin

Last edited:
Yo Faulkner did you get that PM I sent you? Let me know if you want anything done with it.

@RainDash
I like Overload, thanks for the help! :D

Since you guys are coming up with really good hero names, any ideas for Adair? I am so stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.