Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Razilin Oh snap, paper manipulation! Imagine all the hilarious chaos you could do with that! Also, that paper airplane video was hella legit, How convenient is that? Imagine seeing the face of someone with a giant paper airplane headed their way.

Reactions: Razilin
I haven't written the powers all the way up yet -my internet's being a butt- but here's the rundown:

-Move shadows along surfaces in a 2d way
-Form shapes out of the shadows present, the form is limited by the size and darkness of the shadow being used

Okay look guys, it's really hard to reply to everything in the thread as people keep saying stuff and I don't wanna be double or triple-posting to answer everything that got asked while I was typing up the previous answer.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHETHER A POWER IS ALLOWED, PLEASE PM ME. THIS INCLUDES QUESTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN ASKED HERE THAT I HAVEN'T ANSWERED HERE YET.

This will help me out a lot, especially when I'm on my phone later instead of on a computer.

@Razilin Oh snap, paper manipulation! Imagine all the hilarious chaos you could do with that! Also, that paper airplane video was hella legit, How convenient is that? Imagine seeing the face of someone with a giant paper airplane headed their way.
You, I like.

Oh btw, @Faulkner I posted my CS on page 2 in case you didn't see it! Just a friendly reminder, buddy!

@Torack Yeah I saw it, but I'm about to drive hone from work and will need a bit of time to go through it. I'll get back to you when I have.

Goddamn, just turned on my car and "I Am Iron Man" is the first thing I hear on the radio. It's like an omen or something.

Reactions: Razilin
Sent you a PM before you posted you wanted PMs, hah precognitive hmpf

CS is finally finished. Phew.
Let me know if I need any changes to be made to the sheet.

@RainDash ; Uh... yeah, sorry, but I don't think you understood the difference between an Adaptoid and a Superhuman.

A Superhuman can have any not-banned power, but only the one, and they look the same as they did before.

An Adaptoid can have multiple powers by virtue of their changed bodies, but only things found in nature.

She could have the arm spines and night vision, but nothing in nature could explain shadow manipulation.

Also, Adaptoids are bound by real physiology. My example Adaptoid Slither has night vision; by the simple nature of how night vision works in animals, she will no longer be able to see in colour.

@RainDash ; Uh... yeah, sorry, but I don't think you understood the difference between an Adaptoid and a Superhuman.

A Superhuman can have any not-banned power, but only the one, and they look the same as they did before.

An Adaptoid can have multiple powers by virtue of their changed bodies, but only things found in nature.

She could have the arm spines and night vision, but nothing in nature could explain shadow manipulation.

Also, Adaptoids are bound by real physiology. My example Adaptoid Slither has night vision; by the simple nature of how night vision works in animals, she will no longer be able to see in colour.
I see. I'll fix that then, sorry.

EDIT: Fixed, now closer to natural standards for power derivment.

Last edited:
@RainDash ; Unfortunately, closer isn't quite enough.

To go back to my character Slither as an example, I cite specific examples of her strength in how much force she can kick with and squeeze with her tail. I didn't pull those numbers from thin air; her kick force, more than twice as strong as a boxer's strongest, is the same kicking force as an ostrich, which has almost the same leg structure as hers. The strength of her tail is the same as an anaconda's.

Claws that can slice through steel don't exist in nature. She can have claws, but they can't be that strong.

The rest of the issues, I'll PM you about, I wanted to post that here for everyone to see so that others could be able to read that if they're confused.

Name: Arthur Dane
Codename: The Raven
Classification: Normal

Backstory: Arthur is the only child of businessman/civic technologist Benjamin Dane and his wife Janet. From an early age, Arthur was educated by the best tutors money could buy, as well as instructors in various physical activities, especially martial arts. Encouragement to read reinforced the boy's mental capabilities and knowledge, contributing to his decision to become a physician as he grew up.

Graduating with honors from Harvard Medical School, Arthur's happiness in his own success would be cut short by the deaths of his parents in a horrific plane crash as they made their way to Istanbul for a business trip.

It would be two years later, during the events of the mutant "epidemic", that Arthur would heed his true calling. Having witnessed the effects of the atrocities carried out by some of the more villainous mutants, Arthur decided it was time he took up arms against those who would use their new "talents" for malicious purposes. Deciding to leave behind his job as a physician, Arthur took his spot as CEO and head chairman of the board of his father's company Civic Technologies. At the same time, he utilized his resources to craft the persona of the Raven, a terrifying vigilante that would haunt the night in search of evil, and put an end to it...

By whatever means necessary.

Description: Arthur is a tall, handsome Caucasian man, standing at 6'0 and weighing about 170 lbs, most of which is pure muscle from his years in martial arts. Brown hair, blue eyes and sharp facial features adorn his head. Coupled with a pearly white smile and slightly thin lips, he makes for a dashing sight.

As the Raven, Arthur takes the appearance of a Renaissance plague doctor, equipped with armor made of carbon nanotube fibers and Kevlar, insulated to regulate body heat and prevent high-voltage shock. The lenses of his mask are outfitted with several optics options, including thermal, night-vision, and magnifying.

152fds8.jpg

Skills: Arthur is an expert polymath, having studied and independently researched myriad topics including science, mathematics, engineering, law, philosophy, and many more. Additionally, his martial arts experience makes him a more than capable fighter, having granted him hand to hand combat ability and peak physicality. Arthur is also a gifted inventor, having devised many of the

Current State: While Arthur is highly intelligent and a very capable fighter, he is still very much a greenhorn. Perfecting his techniques will take time, but he is still quite formidable without such perfection. The technology he possesses is cutting-edge, affording him gadgetry and weaponry of an advanced nature.

Full Power/Adaptations: Arthur seeks to perfect his craft, aiming to become a master detective and crime fighter. As his technology improves, and as he learns more, so too will his arsenal.

Weaknesses: Despite his intellect and his superior physicality, Arthur is still only human. As such, he is susceptible to every sickness, every broken bone, and every other affliction that comes upon him. Additionally, he has developed something of a drinking problem, which hinders his ability to be as effective as possible.

Aspirations: Arthur merely wishes to atone for his inability to save an innocent person from murder, as well as attain perfection in his craft and to destroy crime and injustice on all fronts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so, the sheer number of character-related questions has left me totally overwhelmed. My friend Poet is therefore coming on as a co-mod; she's going to handle those questions from now on. Please direct all future questions ABOUT CHARACTERS AND WHAT IS ALLOWED to her via PM.

Sorry for the caps, just realized I should clarify and make sure that got across.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you're running things pretty strictly, so you're going to get a LOT of discussion so things are actually acceptable. I'm really not sure if my usual plans would work out at all. Which just means either I sit this one out, or take a while talking about something and get it put together properly. The "one power per customer" rule does make certain concepts difficult to impossible, and generally requires large umbrellas.

I actually have a couple non-power specific questions but more plot stuff, but I'll ask them in PM as well.

Faulkner can't put a link to my account in via their phone, so chiming in right here to say that hello, I'm Poet, and I will happily be taking all character-related questions on what is and isn't allowed. And/or any clarifications or really anything at all, I'd be delighted to chat. <3 Shoot me all the PMs.

I never even knew this was up, never even got an alert from my system XD I'll simply lurk around and keep the CS in the back pocket until it's time

@Razilin

Name: Leilani Julian
Codename: Overload
Classification: Superhuman
Power: Energy induced Electricity Attacks

Backstory: Leilani was born in Dallas, Texas at 6:35 pm at the same time as her two sisters, Makana and Kalua, with Leilani being the youngest. Their parents, Matthew and Alani, were thrilled that they were gifted with triplets and they soon set about preparing their daughters for a brigth future with many opportunities. Matthew and Alani were both highly scientists and they wanted to see their daughters follow their footsteps into the field or at least into another successful career, so as soon as their daughters entered a learning stage, the parents began schooling them. They got them the best tutors and instead of enrolling them in the local public school, they sent them to a math and science based private school.

By the time the girls turned twelve, it was obvious that Makana and Kalua were going to make their parents dreams come true. Leilani, however never seemed to keep up with her lessons or even find any interest in her families common interest of science. Instead Leilani was an outdoorsy girl, who would rather spend her entire day inside, then shadow her parents in their lab. Leilani's opinion about school was nonexistent, she didn't think that someone could only achieve happiness if they were bombared with education. She thought that as long as people pursued what they loved they would always be happy. If Leilani had open minded and accepting parents, her position on education would have been accepted, however, Leilani didn't have other parents, and her parents were appaplled that their daughter was going to end up like a dead beat hippie, and that she was absolutely okay with that. Leilani's parents did their best to try and make their daughter straighten up and fly right, but no matter what they did, Leilani just never seemed all too interested in the more 'refined' career traks. Instead, she decided that she would become a fitness trainer when she graduated from high school. And she did.

The day Leilani graduated was the day that she was offered a job at the local gym, but it was also the day that her parents and sisters stopped talking to her and the day that she had to find her own place. Her parents just could not understand why their daughter was such a failure, and so they decided to just ignore her for the rest of their lives. Her sisters had always been goody two shoes and so they broke off contact with Leilani too, just to please their parents. Leilani was devastated by this, but she couldn't bring herself to enter a more 'proper' career, just to please her parents and instead resigned herself to a family-less life, working as a fitness trainer and living in a one bedroom apartment.

Leilani's life had been pretty much uneventful and quiet, but after the crash clean up, Leilani found that when she began doing her usual workouts, her heart rate would speed up to a dangerous pace. She thought she had a heart murmur or something, so she visited the hospital, but when they told her nothing was wrong, she just assumed that she had just had an off day. But soon after that, she began noticing that whenever she got excited or went running, her heart would start hammering in her chest and if she was near anyone she would shock them. It would be just a little shock, like when you rubbed your hand against the carpet and shocked someone when you touched them, but still, it was an frightening occurrence and Leilani did not know what to do or who to talk to, so she decided to pay a visit to her family.

At first her parents refused to talk to her, but after her sisters saw the state that she was in and how distressed she was, her parents relented and the Leilani told her family of her new attributes. Her family was thrilled to say the least, they wanted to study her and even experiment a bit. Leilani was a bit wary of the experimentation part but she was thrilled that her family was speaking with her again and even though it took a drastic mutation to regain their love, she was happy. That is until, Leilani's father was offered a large sum of money from a prestigious scientist league overseas. They wanted to 'borrow' Leilani for a bit and study her, and in exchange they would give Leilani's entire family glowing recommendations that would surely put them in the favor of any scientist organization on earth, and Leilani's father accepted.

Leilani knew nothing about it, until the day the foreign scientists came to retrieve her. She was horrified at the fact that her family would sell her like an object and she swore to never forgive them and if she ever saw them again, she would slaughter them all.

Description: Leilani is a muscular girl who stands at 5'7". She has dark brown skin and deep brown wide eyes. Despite her muscular appearance, she has a soft look to her and is almost always smiling when not thinking about her family. She has long black dreadlocks that fall to the middle of her back and she usually ties her hair back with a scrunchy.
She works every day of the week except for Sunday, so she's usually wearing yoga pants, running sneakers and a light tank top, and if it's chilly, she'll wear a sports jacket. Just recently one of her regular clients commented on her apparent uniformity, so every once in awhile she'll wear a scarf, just to prove that she doesn't wear "varieties of the same thing everyday".

Skills: Leilani is a fitness trainer so she is in tip top shape and stronger than the average Joe. She runs every morning, so she's a pretty fast runner, especially if she's putting all her effort into it.
She also knows Krav Maga.

Current State: Although she makes it her goal to experiment with her powers every Sunday, Leilani still doesn't know how to use them correctly. She knows that if she rubs two pieces of wool together, she'll be able to roast a peanut with her finger, but other than that she knows next to nothing. Technically, Leilani has no control over her powers, because even rubbing cloth together just gets her enough energy to zap something once, but then it's gone and she'll have to gather enough static electricity for another round.

Full Power/Adaptations:
Energy Ball Projection - A ball of electricity is simply as it sounds, it is essentially an orb of electricity. Leilani can toss a few of these around and create a medium level amount of damage.
Energy Bullets - Electricity bullets are a form of rapid fire attacks. Eventually she'll be able to launch multiple rounds of these at her enemies to pepper them with damage or to deter them from their attacks towards her. Because they are small projectiles, they'll be able to move quickly and a medium distance.
Energy Blast - Releasing energy towards a specific area or person.
Zap - Technically she can do that now, but if she were to get stronger she could zap people with energy quicker and over a longer period of time, without rubbing wool together.
Overloading - Transferring so much energy into one thing that she overpowers it and it breaks. That would definitely incapacitate her for the remainder of the day/battle though.

Weaknesses: If she does not do anything with her power within ten minutes of activating it her power goes out of control and she'll break any electric appliance or object within ten feet of her.
Leilani has abandonment issues due to her experiences with being shunned by her family and then welcomed but then being tricked and sent away. Due to this she doesn't trust people easily so it's had for her to make friends or allies, however if she does get close to someone, she gets anxious or afraid when they aren't close to her. She thinks that if they leave her they'll never come back. She can become very erratic and clingy when she tries to keep others near her.

Aspirations: When she gets away from the scientists she's going to return to Dallas and destroy her family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.