Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm here. Sorry about the radio silence.

It is true that I don't have internet at home; my only internet access is through my phone--and those of you who have tried writing anything lengthy on a touchscreen should have an idea why I prefer not to come onto Iwaku when I'm using that--and at my college campus and job.

I'll be spending Christmas at a relative's house who does have internet, however, so for a couple of days (Wednesday evening and Thursday) I'll be spending nights here on Iwaku.

As someone pointed out, I made a blog post outlining some trouble my best friend Poet has been having. She's okay, but I don't know if she'll be on much. Razilin's going to be helping me with the character sheets instead, at least in the meantime. I know at least one person has already expressed frustration with being sent from me to Poet already, but I just can't handle this on my own, I don't have the experience and the number of people who've been interested in this RP has been overwhelming. (Have I mentioned this is only the second time I've actually tried to run an RP before? Because it is, and the first time I only got like, one app, I think.)

I'd also like to apologize to those who feel that I'm being really strict with this, but allow me to clarify now that I never wanted this RP to take superheroes at the crazy-high power levels of the ones you most often see in Marvel and DC comics nowadays. I really wanted something more low-key and down to earth, hence why I'm wanting things toned back from what a lot of people are initially asking for. Seiji made a nice comparison to the original X-Men when they first came out, when each character could only really do one thing. That's kinda the thing I was going for.

But wow. One weekend was really all it took for you guys to start thinking this was dead? XD

I'm totally cool with the whole power thing, I hate when people have powers that are basically impossible to circumvent and it's nice that there are GMs who don't allow that.
And I know how crazy real life can be, don't worry about it, sweet potato flower.

so to clarify: until Faulkner gets net back, those who have NOT had her CS's approved, tag me into your CS or PM it directly to me so i can more easily reveiw it

i am not sure at this time which CS's have been reviewed, so tagging me or PMing me would expedite the CS getting looked at

I've already expressed it through PM, but I'm glad you're taking that approach with the powers, Faulkner. GM'ing can be especially hard with popular RP's, like this.

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate the support. =)

so to clarify: until Faulkner gets net back, those who have NOT had her CS's approved, tag me into your CS or PM it directly to me so i can more easily reveiw it

i am not sure at this time which CS's have been reviewed, so tagging me or PMing me would expedite the CS getting looked at
Faulkner has my CS Via PMs so I think he can route it your way. Trying to keep it aside since it might contain some spoilers

@ Faulkner

I remember that struggle XD Hopefully a holiday miracle might show up

Faulkner has my CS Via PMs so I think he can route it your way. Trying to keep it aside since it might contain some spoilers

@ Faulkner

I remember that struggle XD Hopefully a holiday miracle might show up
he already sent it to me, thanks

Two apps, Faulk, one of them was mine. Merry Christmas, and no worries.

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate the support. =)
Sorry about making things tricky with my silly CS. But I'm always glad to have someone trying to keep a lid on crazy powers and clueless moron like me. XD
Happy Holidays, Faulkner.

Are we talking about the Dragon Age RP?
I have no idea. Furasian said I had their app in my messages, and then you said two apps one was yours. If you sent me any app via messages, I either didn't get it or totally lost it/forgot where it was, sorry.

I have no idea. Furasian said I had their app in my messages, and then you said two apps one was yours. If you sent me any app via messages, I either didn't get it or totally lost it/forgot where it was, sorry.
I was responding to this --> (Have I mentioned this is only the second time I've actually tried to run an RP before? Because it is, and the first time I only got like, one app, I think.)

I was responding to this --> (Have I mentioned this is only the second time I've actually tried to run an RP before? Because it is, and the first time I only got like, one app, I think.)
Ooooh no, I was referring to a much earlier RP I tried to run, not to the Dragon Age one.

Name: Nikolai Arkadey Luzchezk
Codename: Shortcut
Classification: Superhuman

Backstory: Born to none and left on a doorstep he grew up in an orphanage in a rough part of the country. He grew tough from beatings from the older boys in the orphanages and eventually grew to the size that he was the one giving the beatings, and it was around this time he started noticing he was slightly different from his bunkmates, he was more dangerous. After he reached the age of 16 they were legally no longer allowed to keep him in their care and he took to the streets, stealing, pickpocketing and fighting for money just to get a good meal in. Eventually he grew very fond of the under ground, and started making more money fighting. He attended parties with people that he had no doubt the women at the orphanage would not approve of, he found himself turning to alcohol often and waking up with bruises he couldnt remember getting.

He soon took to getting tattoos, each detailing things from his life, it ended up that he was getting a new one nearly everyone month or so. He couldnt help it but it was therapeutic to him. It became him fighting just to finish the masterpiece, just to make himself something that someone would give two glances at if they found him on the side of the road.

Eventually he signed up in the military feeling no real sense of worth. He figured the structure would do him some good, he already had a thirst for fighting and such. Why not add some experience to his resume, demolitions, firearms, actual combat. Within a few years he was through the mud and the blood and had gotten out of the military. He moved to Houston Texas. America, the land of the free, home of the dreamers and the brokers and the self made man. He figured he could start a business, working security, stuff like that. Putting whatever savings he had into a stock that the broker had assured him was a sure thing he thought his life had begun anew. Then when his entire savings were liquidated to pay off a brokers debt and he was told the stock simply plummeted he was outraged. He knew he had been scammed and soon spent long nights making the connections that led to his loss of life savings. Soon he had an entire target board set up, everyone he could think of that was tied to it. Eventually he began crossing off names, visiting their homes, getting information, making it look like an accident, then stealing whatever he could find to fund himself.

After the crash he began experiencing head aches, as if his brain was being thrown around to other places. They crippled him at times, and sometimes he would wake up far away from his apartment. Once while he was awake he witnessed it, he was stepping out of the shower and it happened. A splitting headache, then blackness, then he was throwing up in an alleyway, naked. He knew what was happening, he had seen tabloids on it. Some people were having strange things happen to them after the crash. He didn't bother seeing a doctor, he knew how the governments worked. He figured the teleportation would just go away, no need to become a lab rat. Soon he began to live with them, coping with the headaches with some Xanax and alcohol. The teleportation didnt stop like he had hoped, but it wasnt such a big deal. He began moving up his list again, crossing off names, and finding new ones, moving further up the chain.

Description: Standing at 6ft tall weighing just about 180lbs, he has broad shoulders and an intimidating stare.
2koads.jpg
33tt1mb.jpg
afews8.jpg
qxwknk.jpg

Skills: A gifted fighter just by the enviroment he was raised in, he can take a beating. Also some military training, making him profecient with most firearms and some knowledge of explosives and strategics.

Current State: Some teleportation when he is in danger or scared, or even angry. Severe headaches at times. Immediately after teleporting severe nausea, often accompanied by vomiting. Random range, from the top floor to the bottom. From the alley behind his favorite bar to his apartment.

Full Power/Adaptations: Teleportation upon command, frequent use of abilities. No headaches or nausea after teleportation. Cross Continent teleportation.

Weaknesses: If tied down he cannot teleport, no matter how hard he tries. For instance if you chained him to the ground, he wouldnt be able to shatter the Earth in order to teleport. If he is tethered to a large enough object he cannot move. His power is tied to his emotions in its early stages, if he gets too angry or experiences allot of pain his body may randomly teleport depending on the degrees of such things

Aspirations: Very angry with the world, believes that the corporate big wigs should be taken down. His sole ambition is vengeance, and off hand to make the world a better place for the poor and unwanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Faulkner
I just remembered that technically my CS has been reviewed, but should I pm the Q&A we did, to @Razilin ?

so i reviewed everyone's CS's and sent my recommendations to @Faulkner for finalization.

if he wants me to, i can just start approving/recommending changes to you guys directly

so i reviewed everyone's CS's and sent my recommendations to @Faulkner for finalization.

if he wants me to, i can just start approving/recommending changes to you guys directly
I would appreciate any criticism to be provided at your earliest possible convenience, even if Faulkner's okay with my sheet I would not mind being informed of its potential shortcomings now.

Never mind, I just discovered that shape shifting was a banned power. You can ignore my CS.

Although, I would not mind the reasoning on shape-shifting's ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is there anything you wanted me to change about my sheet? Or was it pretty set already? I nver got a reply on that.

Oh speaking of reviewing of the characters, is everything on my character all good? Anything to change? I never got feed back after my last adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.