Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i reviewed everyone's CS's and sent my recommendations to @Faulkner for finalization.

if he wants me to, i can just start approving/recommending changes to you guys directly
Hey, I'm kind of one of the newer ones (To this forum) so I dont mean to sound like a jerk or anything but should I be changing things or pming the CS to Faulkner? Or anything?

so i reviewed everyone's CS's and sent my recommendations to @Faulkner for finalization.

if he wants me to, i can just start approving/recommending changes to you guys directly
Feel free to PM me whenever. I sent Faulkner an idea so I guess he can send it down to you too for some criticism . . . IF he likes it that is.

Sorry everyone, after Christmas I was celebrating my birthday; it was on Sunday but the party was just yesterday. I'm back now.

I'll be working on getting back to everyone about everything today, starting with the earliest posted character sheets.

@Atlas ; Shapeshifting... might not be outright banned. There are several characters with shapeshifting-based powers that Razilin thinks were cool. I'm just iffy on them because that kinda blurs the line I was trying to establish between the two categories of Superhuman and Adaptoid.

@HellHoundWoof ; I'll get back to you once I get to everyone else. I'm going through everyone in the order of when the posted their character sheets, so whoever's been waiting the longest (theoretically) will get their responses first.

EDIT1: @Indabayou 's character has been approved and added to the roster!

EDIT 2:
I would appreciate any criticism to be provided at your earliest possible convenience, even if Faulkner's okay with my sheet I would not mind being informed of its potential shortcomings now.

Never mind, I just discovered that shape shifting was a banned power. You can ignore my CS.

Although, I would not mind the reasoning on shape-shifting's ban.
I removed the ban on shapeshifting, your character is accepted dude. XD I guess I was being overly paranoid, haha, sorry.

EDIT 3: @Atlas and @CrimsonHorizons have both had their characters approved and added to the roster

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed my character isn't in the list in the OP; I PM'd a link to Razilin and he approved it a week ago.

Name: Naomi Caulfield
Codename: Demon
Classification: Adaptoid

Backstory: Naomi grew up as an only child in Houston, her life completely average in every way imaginable. She loved school and got B's, she had a father who took care of her, and she never stayed out late at night. When the Alien Event happened, Naomi was lucky to have survived the debris coming down around her. They said that she was a miracle child, and that she would probably survive without any detectable mutations.

During the clean-up, Naomi complained that her arm hurt and when she looked at it, discovered that spines had started to grow out of her lower arm. They were small at first, but began to grow with time. As time continued Naomi discovered that she could no longer see properly during the day, words and signs becoming blurry and bright. At the present time, she's moved out of her home with her father and is living on her own, surviving by doing online work and rarely leaving her apartment to hide her condition.

As time went on it became a game to try and make the mysterious loner girl try and take off her glasses or go outside. They became convinced with every failure that she was hiding something from them. They became so suspicious, that a young man ended up grabbing Naomi by the shoulders and shaking her until her glasses fell off. She was captured by the mysterious group shortly after.

Description:
Shameimaru.Aya.240.1130365.jpg

Naomi has brown hair, red eyes, and her right arm is adorned with extendable spikes on her lower arm that she can make lie flat or extend at will. She is about average size and muscle tone. She stands at about 5' 8'', and has no visible scars. Naomi can often be seen in a hoodie, jeans, and sunglasses that cover her eyes. Naomi has no piercings in most of the time, but when not in a formal setting she will wear three earrings on one ear and with a tie that is decorated with safety pins and chains.

Naomi will grow to 5' 10'' and the three spines on her arms will be visible at all times, even when flattened. Her legs will move closer to a cat's, moving her ankle back to form an extra joint. Her red eyes that were almost fully transformed before, now have a reflective surface covering her retinas, allowing her eyes to almost glow in the dark. This in turn makes her night vision to the point where she can see movement in near complete darkness.

Skills:
-Some training in self-defense
-Cooking

Current State:
-Arm claws:
These arm spines on her arm are fairly sharp and are good for offense as well as defense. They can cut deeper than her regular claws, but only because they are slightly sharper.
-Claws: Naomi's fingernail's have grown into claws that are of the strength of a thick fingernail, allowing her to cut flesh, but nothing inorganic unless she risks breaking a claw.
-Super sense: Naomi can see, hear, and smell better than the average human. However she can't feel or taste things as well as before, and she can be overpowered by strong lights, sounds, or smells.
-'Cat' sense: Thanks to spines and body hair, Naomi is acutely aware of shifts in breezes, when she approaches items she can't see, and heat or cold. Naomi has no idea how to interpret this information at this time.

Full Power/Adaptations:
-Small Feet:
Her legs have morphed closer to that of a cat, meaning she now only needs to stand on the balls of her feet. This makes her a better climber as she needs less space to put her foot on. Her balance has been affected by this.
-Full Grown Arm Spines: The spines can now be moved independently, and have grown large enough that they are quite visible at all times.
-Night vision: Her night vision is formed, but at the loss of all colors except for blue. She is also nearsighted enough that what a human sees clearly at 100 feet, she can only see clearly at 20.
-Claw Progression: Her fingertips are now covered in the claw, and she now risks breaking the finger if she breaks her claw.

Weaknesses:
After the Alien Event, Naomi has not been as stable mentally. If she is set off by grief, loss, or anger, she enters a feral state that she cannot stop until she is fully exhausted. This feral state can also be removed by use of tranquilizers. It is not as effective as her normal state, as she tend to manically run at whatever is attacking. This does more harm than good, and could lead to death over victory. There is no bonus to this mode.
Guns. Knives, anything that can kill a human, can kill Naomi. Doesn't mean that in her feral mode that she'll take this in account, however.
Naomi will defend her friends to her death, often thinking to save her friends before she'd let them die.
Lots of flashing lights will make Naomi have a panic attack and retreat into a corner until they stop. She is not good with many cameras around her.
Fine motor control with her hands becomes slightly more difficult as her fingers become pointed claws.

Aspirations:
Naomi wants to be left alone as she sees herself as slowly becoming a monster. However, she wants to be a hero too, mostly to prove to herself that she is as good a person as her father thinks she is.

Last edited:
Actually I think I'm gonna have to back out of this. Thinking about it, it's getting a little big for my tastes and I fear that I won't be able to keep up. Plus the strict moderation style is really dampening my creativity here. Sorry.

@Faulkner

Heya Faulkner I sent you another PM. Should I start routing them over to Razilin so he can send them to you?

avril_lavigne_attitude_gif_by_swerdsi-d4p9akt.gif

Name| Kastia Rose
Codename| Rose
Age| 16
Gender| Female
Classification| SuperHuman

Backstory| Kastia was always a happy little girl despite horrible things that have happened to her. She grew up in a household with just her father, due to her mother dying during childbirth. Her dad blamed her ever since she was young, and she always blamed herself. Growing up in Flagler Beach, Florida she found friends who liked to surf and she would often leave the abusive household when she was 7 to go surfing with her friends, Andrew and Benny. Surfing helped her swimming abilities and her surfing abilities, while also improving her balance. Going home was exactly what Kastia dreaded everyday and would do whatever she could to make Andrew and Benny ride just one more wave.
She moved to Houston, Texas because her father said he wanted to punish her and take away the only friends she had. She was crushed having to leave Andrew and Benny and her life was ruined. She hated her father even more and now resorted to meditating in her room to calm herself down and fall into a relaxed state. She became so good at relaxing she could withstand the pain her father had forced upon her mentally, and physically. Kastia became a forgiving understanding person, in school she was easily attaining a 4.0 GPA and held a job at the local ice cream shop. Now that this has happened she does like to meditate to take the nervousness of having an ability and the thought if her father found out he'd turn her in.
Description| Kastia has tan white skin from being out in the sun very often. Her hair is a curly mess of dirty blonde hair, although it is a mess it suits her personality. Her blue eyes are brought out by her hair and she is a gorgeous girl. She has a slim body frame with some muscle definition from when she use to surf.

Skills| Kastia was taught to surf, she is also good at meditation and calming down other people. Is very good at hiding due to always wanting to hide when she was little.

Current State| Kastia has astral projection although only when she is in a deep mediation. She cannot go far and can't do anything but spy and isn't seen. She can't walk through anything nor can she move anything yet. After coming back she has a major headache.

Full Power/Adaptations| Kastia will be able to reach Astral Projection at will, she will also be able to move things/have a physical presence in the astral form (Such as being able to take a bullet, although that will then end her astral projection right away), Talking while doing astral projection only talks from her real body so she can tell people what she sees/what is going on.

Weaknesses| Kastia is very easy to break, if you bring up her mother her mediation will mess up as she is sent into a shock thinking it was all her fault. The smell of salt water will also disturb her because she will believe she's home and freak out with flashbacks of when her father abused her. Loud music or any sounds will also interrupt her meditation and that interrupts her astral projection. Although if those aren't enough when she's in Astral Projection her real body is as still as a statue and she can't feel anything so if you hurt her or take her body she won't know till she comes back to consciousness. Taking pain in astral form doesn't effect her real body but if she takes an injury such as a bullet wound in the astral form she gains a searing headache and her astral form ends.

Aspirations| Kastia just wants to help people and make sure everyone is okay and people know that they're not scary. She also wants to make sure people don't get hurt and will try to get everyone out safely.

Better Picture.
[spoili]
247945_1244283948603_full.jpg

[/spoili]​

Name: John Morrison
Codename: Mountain Lion
Classification:
adaptoid

Backstory: John's childhood was not one that most kids kids would dream of, his father was negligent and his mother was abusive. Even worse was the fact that they had money troubles and didn't have too much. All of these things saw a darker and more wilder element put into John's mind. He became angry and more violent with others. He terrorized his fellow classmates at school and eventually got suspended from school for his behavior.

He spent the rest of childhood and teenage years having very little social contact with people and trying to get as far away from his family as he possibly could. As a kid he would runaway to the woods and forests around his town to have solace there where he didn't have to worry about the hard cruel world that society inhabited. He was always at peace among nature.

Eventually he moved out of the toxic environment that was his home and made a new home in Houston Texas. Eventually he managed to get a job as a member of a government agency where he could put his anger and want of fighting to good use. There he received training in combat and marksmanship and was sent on many dangerous mission learning how to be a leader and commanding a squad on several occausions. But after several years he grew tired of it and wanted to stop killing. He left the agency and went back to Houston and there he tried to have a more peaceful life.

Things seemed to be getting better for John and he settled down with a woman named Clare. During the years he was with Clare, John was happy for the first time in many years and he felt like he could finally close the door on his terrible past.

But fate would prove to be cruel and on the 12th of July in 2014 the alien crash happened and contaminated the city with a strange substance. John and Clare's home was close to the crash site and a very large peace of debris smashed into their home and killed Clare. John managed to survive, but he was contaminated by the residue from the ship. John started to mutate into a beastly anthropomorphic Mountain Lion. John was terrified both for what he was turning into and the death of his beloved Clare.

He had prayed to God in hopes that all of the terrible things that had happen to him would cease, but they didn't and Clare was dead. John was stricken with terrible grief and to make things worse, his transformation made him look almost inhuman and he looked like a freak. He wished that it was a terrible dream and that he would wake up, but it wasn't. John was now an Adaptoid and he despised it. Now that the quarantine was over and the rise of people with strange powers and mutations, John now was trying to find his way in an uncertain world and pick up the extremely painful broken pieces of his life.

His anger at the way his life turned out has made him take on a life of vigilantism and try to relieve himself of his pain by giving it to others that finds deserve it. After training himself some more in the art of combat he took on a persona that fit his mutation. He is Mountain Lion.
Description: His costume is very similar to those worn by black ops agents, but the colors are a slight brown and red. He wears no helmet.
John is six feet and three inches tall. He is very muscular and has sandy colored hair. Because of his current mutation he is growing fur all over his body and has incredibly sharp claws on his hands. when the mutation is complete he will have the head of a mountain lion, and a tail and the rest of his body will be covered in fur that is of the same complexion as that of a mountain lion.
Skills: really smart, extremely athletic and is a natural born leader as well as a good strategist. He is an excellent marksmen and superb hand to hand combat fighter

Current State:
his mutation into an anthropomorphic mountain lion has increased his sense and has gotten a few of the benefits of the animal including very sharp claws and an increase agility, slightly enhanced strength and can climb. He also has feral like instincts and behavior.

Full Power/Adaptations: he will be able to perform a jump that is just as far and high as a mountain lion and his climbing skills will get much better as well. he will have all of the senses that senses that Mountain Lion has and his strength will be much stronger. His agility will be much more incredible and he will become more feral.

Weaknesses: aside from the increase in agility and strength, he has almost the same vulnerabilities as any other humans. his feral personality makes him more easy to do rash and make mistakes. He also shares the same sensitive senses that mountain lions have such as having a harder time seeing color and having highly sensitive hearing and smell.

Aspirations: He doesn't really care about the well being of society, he is simply taking his anger out those that remind him of the terrible things in his life. He doesn't harm innocents, but he is not admirable in the eyes of the public and people are terrified of him. His view of the world is dark and cynical, he believes that there are those that are lucky enough to have good lives and then there are those who are unfortunate like him and have tragic lives. His mutation has made him more feral and wild, but he tries to use his animalistic behavior for good. Right now, he is struggling with his human side and his animal side which are always at war with one another inside of him.

@Moogle-Girl : I'm sorry for the inconvenience, good luck with other RPs!

@Furasian : Got back to you, sorry for the delay

@The Patriarch : Yep, but yours will be the last app I'm accepting. I'm pretty sure we have enough people both accepted and WIP to get this thing started, and I'm now closing the RP to any more apps while I finish working on the first IC post! =) Everyone who's got WIPs is considered to have a reserved spot and we'll wait on you to finish yours.

WIP
Name: John Morrison
Codename: Patriarch
Classification:
superhuman

Backstory: (Where do they come from? What kind of life have they had growing up, and what have they been doing for a living? How did they discover their new power, and how did they react to it?)

Description: costume, the costume also has a a golden colored male symbol on the chest part of the breastplate.
John is six feet and three inches tall and has medium sandy colored hair. He is very muscular and looks like someone you wouldn't want to screw around with.
Skills: really smart. athletic and is a natural born leader as well as a good strategist.

Current State:
Superhuman strength: he can lift a maximum of 40 tons
supersonic Flight: he can fly at top speed of mach 6
Energy Blasts: John fire powerful blast of red concussive energy and also can change the intensity of the blasts.
Superhuman durability: he is tough enough to take hits from missiles

Full Power/Adaptations: they will grow stronger as he ages.

Weaknesses: Intense forms of radiation can slowly weaken him and he has no defense against mental attacks.

Aspirations: Do they want to lead a normal life? Do they want a cure? Do they want to use their powers to help the masses? Or do they want to use their power for more selfish purposes?
Oh, before you get too far.... superhumans only have one power. So you're gonna have to pick one and stick with it.

So those of us that had Apps in before Patriarch, are ours not good enough or just didnt get noticed? (Do not read this as if I am spiteful, Just curious.)

@HellHoundWoof ; Everyone's before Patriarch has either been reviewed or is in the process of being reviewed. Give me some time, my internet access is very limited and I really don't wanna go over someone's app and review it from my mobile, that shit sucks.

Naomi hasn't been added to the roster, I know she's been approved but she's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.