Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Razilin ; You've been approved and added to the character list, btw.

@Lady Bernkastelf ; ...what do you mean, powered by books? I'm suddenly imagining Matilda lol, but describing it that way makes it sound like she can only use it while she's reading or something.

@CrimsonHorizons ;
I... am not sure I concur on that. You've deleted the section on intelligence already, but I think it said something about being able to figure out people's locations based on whatever?

Bluh, nevermind. Just try and keep it somewhat reasonable, we don't wanna be starting with like the equivalent of Tony Stark or Batman already riding shotgun, kay?

Now, two other another major issues.

First, you keep referencing nuclear radiation, and the name of her power is "Power/Electrical Manipulation". Are you implying she can control not only electricity, but nuclear energy as well? If so, that's two powers, and one will have to be nixed.

Second is the "causing electrical storms in the atmosphere"; there's a lot more going on in an electrical storm than just the electricity itself, so that would be a "weather control" power, not "electricity manipulation. That's gonna have to be nixed. Also, electricity can't control devices; that's programming. She could fry devices by causing an overload, but she couldn't make a robot do her bidding by controlling it's power supply. There are electro-magnetic applications to her power though; you should look more into that if you're interested.

That said, there's one last little nitpicky thing: You say she can power her creations. How big are her creations? Like, if she weren't powering, how many AA batteries would it take to power them? And does she continuously power them, or does she just give them a charge? If the former, what happens when she's not around them? If the latter, how long does that charge last before she has to give them more juice? Also, please explain what you mean about "ripping power from grids to fuel herself"; do you mean she can absorb and store electricity? If that's going to be part of her power, then the power she uses to charge her creations should come from another source rather than innate, as well.

you know what? i may scrap my current CS for a more fun power

ever watch Read or Die?

Paper Manipulation!

you're like magneto

only with paper

=D

@Faulkner Actually, scratch that. It's an idea for a super-power I've been toying around with, but I don't think this is the forum for it. I definitely want to think of something else, though.

@Razilin ; Isn't there a character like that in Naruto? She did crazy shit with origami things?

you know what? i may scrap my current CS for a more fun power

ever watch Read or Die?

Paper Manipulation!

you're like magneto

only with paper

=D
I had been thinking about that power, but I opted for null/amp power instead XD

Reactions: Razilin
@Razilin ; Isn't there a character like that in Naruto? She did crazy shit with origami things?
shrugged

never watched naruto

in read or die, the full power set includes hardening paper like steel, making it water and fire resistant, making it sharp enough to cut through steel, flinging them around as if they had greater mass than they actually had, and the most fun one of all - combining lots of paper sheets into a giant paper airplane to fly around town in

the sequel had 3 characters with 3 different levels of power, with the lowest level one being only able to harden and sharpen paper into effective knives and shields and the strongest making golems out of paper

it is visually hilarious

Quick question: how much swearing can I get away with here? Haha.

@Moogle-Girl ; Dude, I don't give a shit if you swear, go wild.

@Razilin ; So... she could not only manipulate paper, but change it's intrinsic properties to make paper seem like non-paper?

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Updated CS.

Also, That sounds like Molecular rearranging.

@Razilin ; So... she could not only manipulate paper, but change it's intrinsic properties to make paper seem like non-paper?
yup yup

level 1, its only change intrinsic properties. level 100, its being Magneto, only with paper instead of whatever Marvel is calling it now

@Razilin ; I dunno. I kinda want to say that's two different powers; the one where you just control paper, and the one where you're apparently able to transmute paper into something that looks like paper but has none of it's intrinsic properties.

Eh, maybe I'm just being a stickler, but that doesn't just seem like "controlling paper" to me.

Deadly paper cuts.. Sounds intricate.

@Razilin ; I dunno. I kinda want to say that's two different powers; the one where you just control paper, and the one where you're apparently able to transmute paper into something that looks like paper but has none of it's intrinsic properties.

Eh, maybe I'm just being a stickler, but that doesn't just seem like "controlling paper" to me.
Nah I agree with you here.

Excellent. I'll have a bio up soon then!

then i'll just play the friction power then

below is the paper airplane scene, because it deserves to be seen

starts at 0:40

hardening/sharpening powers at 0:35 using dollar bills

What do you think about inanimate object possession, density manipulation, or the ability of making objects unidentifiable? That last one is in essence like making things invisible, but rather than doing that, it makes the mind incapable of processing what it is seeing/hearing/tasting/feeling/smelling. Basic level; touch a glass, and someone looking at the glass would not understand it's for drinking stuff out of. High level; concealing buildings or other large objects.

The Character

• Tyson Lee​

• Copy

• Male

• Superhuman

About The Character

• Tyson grew up with a father that was a lawyer and a mother that had a job as a nurse, and as expected they required high grades from him as he attended school to such an extent that getting anything less than an A was punishable by grounding, taking away privileges, and the sort. By the time he was in high school, he was the top in his class, and wanted to experiment in sports and joined the wrestling team. He excelled in both school and in wrestling and was the valedictorian of his graduation. To say he was was happy would be an understatement and his happiness only increased when he got accepted into Cornell University.

However, his happiness wouldn't last as a few weeks before he left for New York, his mother got shot down in a drive-by shooting while visiting a friend. He mourned his mother, and although he wanted to stay, his father urged him to go to university and pursue his career in medicine. Reluctantly, he left home and went to New York and eventually at the age of 23 was accepted into Cornell Medical School.

On summer break, he visited his father back in Houston and the freak accident happened with the alien ship and a piece of the debris landed on their back yard, as well as strange tissue matter Tyson believed to be from the aliens. Few hours later, they were taken away to a quarantine zone where they were checked by doctors and the CDC to see if they had gotten any extraterrestrial infections or diseases. A few months later and they were let go, but he found out that Cornell requested him to be transferred to a med school in Houston.

Crushed by the way his stroke of bad luck, Tyson began going to a med school in Houston and found out rather quickly that although he had no strange pathogens, he did develop a curious ability. He heard people gaining powers and becoming freaks from the news, but he seemed normal and had assumed nothing had happened to him. Until he saw a man do a back flip on TV and automatically knew how to do the same thing, even though he'd never done one before. He passed it off at first, thinking his wrestling training had allowed him to do it, but when he saw a series of mildly crazy moves from a Bruce Lee movie and could do them himself, he began to wonder if things were different. Tyson found out soon enough that he could learn anything, albeit a small amount of things, just by seeing it done once. Be it a physical action or a mathematical equation.

• Tyson is a tall six foot three man with dark skin and a bald head with a lean, muscular body. He has no blemishes or scars around his face or his body, but he does have stark green eyes which he had gotten from his mother's side. He has a small goatee around his full lips, and is often seen wearing a pair of Ray Bans, a shirt, and jeans.

Powers

• Pretty good endurance​
    • Skilled in first aid​
    • Can hold his own in a fight​

Working on my character sheet now.

How do you feel about shadow manipulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.