Brave New World - Original Superhero RP (NOW CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Blinkout? Phasewalker? Shadowstep(per)? Phantom?

How about Wraith

• Thank You
Reactions: Indabayou
Portal, Phaser, Flow, um...Man, I'm usually better at coming up with names -.-

I immediately thought "Oh, her codename must be taken from a mystic character in a classic ballet!", and then I realized I know of no such characters... I quite like Moogle's suggestions, though.

Flow (from Polystical's post) is also cool. Good if you're looking for something quick and snappy.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I immediately thought "Oh, her codename must be taken from a mystic character in a classic ballet!", and then I realized I know of no such characters... I quite like Moogle's suggestions, though.
Oh gosh, now THAT would be something!

I really love everyone's suggestions, thank you all for your input :)

@Razilin

Name: Alexa Mathis
Codename: None (Yet)
Classification: Superhuman

Backstory: Alexa was born in Houston, and lived in an apartment with her father for most of her life. He was a contractor, and she was a student. After she graduated high school, her father couldn't afford to pay for anything like college so she began working minimum wage jobs to help out around the house, after about two years of this she had almost saved up enough money to get her own car when the alien event occurred. Neither her nor her father felt safe in Houston after that, especially considering the risk of alien contamination which the news was failing to downplay, so they moved in with family in Florida.

Alexa discovered that her hair color had begun to change, getting paler, and that was the first manifestation of her power. After the shock of such a sudden change scared her, her hair went white in front of her eyes. It took a wheel of emotions for her to realize that she was the one changing her hair, and she could control it. Now she has extended that ability to other parts of her body, such as her eyes and skin, and is shocked by the results, but growing more confident in this strange power.

Unfortunately, her family didn't agree. After her aunt caught her changing the color of her eyes in the mirror, she called a doctor who quickly sold her out to the government. There was nothing her father could do when they came for her in the night, and she only hoped he was okay.

Description: Alexa is 5'6" tall (1.7 m), and a light 120 lbs (545 kg). She keeps her hair long and prefers it loosely framing her face, but often ties it up when she's concentrating to keep it out of her eyes. Her eyes are bigger than she'd like and she has as sharp chin.

By the end of this RP, she could look like anyone, or anything.

Skills:
  • Flipping Burgers
  • Stocking Shelves
  • Working a Register
  • Collecting Shopping Carts
  • Unloading Bread Trucks
  • Driving, Somewhat

Current State: Minor Shape-Shifting. So far, Alexa can only change small aspects of her appearance such as skin tone, eye color, hair color and length. She exhibits only modest control over this ability, and if she becomes distracted or emotional she will revert to her base appearance or change unconsciously.

Full Power/Adaptations: Amorphous Shape-Shifting. Her ability to shift shapes will only be limited by her understanding of her desired form, which can be rectified by absorbing it.

Weaknesses: She will develop weaknesses as this progresses, but if she needs weaknesses to start I suppose you can consider being a young, inexperienced girl with no real instincts for this kind of thing a weakness.

Aspirations: Gain more control of her powers and discover the limits of this transformation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Indabayou
@Lady Bernkastelf 's comment about ballet characters got me thinking, and I found the perfect codename: Sylph! (They're airy spirits often in ballets, "elusive creatures and almost impossible to hold on to". Perfect fit for an intangible hero! )

Once again, thanks everyone for all your help. I have to admit, Moogle's Blinkout was a leading favorite ;D

It really hasn't been that long to deem it dead. Have you messaged either of the gms?

It IS the weekend afterall. Folks do go out and do stuff am I right?

yeah but I at least expect some form of replies here lol

Yeah, the total lack of replies (especially after the strict moderation style earlier) is a little disheartening. I'm willing to cut some slack around the holidays, though.

I don't think it's dead, the holidays are close so people can get a little busy! Though, I do hope things pick up a little

If I remember correctly, Faulkner doesn't have internet at home other than their phone (she said it somewhere in the interest check thread). I can understand not being able to post during weekends, especially if they're out with family for holiday stuff.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Oh, okay! Sorry for calling you out, Faulkner. .w.'

Also I think Faulkner and Poet might be having some personal troubles based on one of Faulkner's blog posts.

Oh my, I hope everything is alright D:

Same here, I hope this doesn't die out, because this looks like it'd be so much fun. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.