Blorbs: Discussion Thread

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you want to set sail on the ship once it's completed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spend this turn heading down to where the stone will be, make tools next turn.

Spend this turn heading down to where the stone will be, make tools next turn.
Right, that makes sense. Does anyone have any preference as to which tools should be made first? Considering we have three people mining right now, I'd say that pickaxes are not the highest priorty -- If one of the three breaks, we can always craft a replacement then. Hammers and axes could be useful; I don't think we have all too many of those, and they can double as weapons in case of an emergency. Spear heads are useful too, but again probably not of the highest priority. And bricks to line the tunnel walls can probably wait until after we have all the tools we need, right?

So, in short:

1: hammers and axes
2: Spear heads (just a few)
3: Pickaxes (can be raised in priority if another pick breaks)
4: Bricks for building and fortification

Any comments? Anything I forgot?

Anyway, on a more serious note: maybe we should retrieve some of the stone from the mines, so that we can make better tools from it? Pickaxes, normal axes, weapons, bricks to fortify the mine/fortress walls, et cetera.

On the note of retrieving the stone: can we make a ladder to climb up and down the mine paths without breaking our nonexistant necks and/or a pulley system to more easily retrieve stone from the mines?
I agree with this plan.
Stone and tools are going to be vital.
You want stone tools? I'm sure you can just...

*shades*

cobble them together
Right, that makes sense. Does anyone have any preference as to which tools should be made first? Considering we have three people mining right now, I'd say that pickaxes are not the highest priorty -- If one of the three breaks, we can always craft a replacement then. Hammers and axes could be useful; I don't think we have all too many of those, and they can double as weapons in case of an emergency. Spear heads are useful too, but again probably not of the highest priority. And bricks to line the tunnel walls can probably wait until after we have all the tools we need, right?

So, in short:

1: hammers and axes
2: Spear heads (just a few)
3: Pickaxes (can be raised in priority if another pick breaks)

Any comments? Anything I forgot?
I vote for Axes.
Can use them to gather wood (an important resource) and double them as easy to use weapons when needed.

I'm staking miners right to keep a portion of what I'm mining!

Guys, 3 Blorbs are enough for the mining group. I'd rather not dig downwards too deep. Emphasis on the direction.

Yeah I was about to say :)

If anyone wanted to help mining, they should just dig a box out to the right of the tunnel to be used to store stone or something

Also I was about to start drawing, but realized that some commands were going to be wasted. Or result in something I don't think you want.

You do realize you're going to need to spend a turn gathering wood for making those axes, right? Unless you want almost unusable completely stone axes.

Can't the handle also be stone?

Also I was about to start drawing, but realized that some commands were going to be wasted. Or result in something I don't think you want.

You do realize you're going to need to spend a turn gathering wood for making those axes, right? Unless you want almost unusable completely stone axes.
Edited my post to specify I'm making axe heads. Adding the handle can wait until a later turn, right?

Edited my post to specify I'm making axe heads. Adding the handle can wait until a later turn, right?
That you can definitely do.

EDIT: Although it'd be still a bit silly; given that in minecraft-esque way you can just take a stone brick and a stick and immediately have an axe so 'crafting axe-heads' is the aforementioned 'bit silly'. Unless you want to do something with just an axe-head because otherwise it's giving you no advantage when it comes to crafting.

That's what I meant by 'completely stone'. You'd be making a heavier, less useful, and harder to use tool.
Bah! We Blorbs Strong Blorbs.
Strong Blorbs no need weak wood!

Despite Koka's goofiness with dirt bricks, you don't actually need to do anything special for stone blocks to make them ready for building. The stone is harvested in block for already, and you can just use them immediately as a building material.

To think I originally posted saying I was going to grab a stick, only to think from Neo that we could just go straight to making stone tools.

I edited my command.

Is it possible to still join, despite being far into it?

Those crabs are plotting something down there, mark my words

Meanwhile, on the left side, someone just destroyed our natural dam. Can someone go up there and restore it, so that the tunnels won't all get flooded?

Status
Not open for further replies.