Blood Bond

Rayne was getting more and more confident. It seems like Milia was just the person he needed in his life. She treated him so fairly and didn't try to abuse his kindness or hurt him in anyway. She truly wanted to hang out with him and be by his side and it made him happy.

When she rejoiced and hugged him, he blushed in harmony with her and looked down at her. As much as he wanted to hug her back, he was still shy. I am happy too, Milia* He looked at her as she looked at the ground, blushing. He honestly couldn't wait to spend time with her as well.

"Yes, I'll see you at noon." He said shyly. Oh, how he wanted to hug her so badly!

"I know that saturday will be a great day for us, Milia. As he looked into her eyes, those beautiful eyes of hers, he felt a chill go down his spine. She was so amazing. He really liked her a lot.

The final bell of the day rung, symbolizing that it was time to go home.

Milia had barely heard the bell, as everything in the background had been tuned out ever since she had been talking to Rayne, but now as he looked in her eyes everything else seemed even more drowned out -it was amazing how much of an impact he had on her already. She blushed and leaned in, kissing his cheek before smiling and turning away "I.. I cant wait.. see you soon" she called out before disappearing in the crowd -she did it quickly, hoping he hadn't seen how fierce the blush had been across her face. She sighed dreamily, thinking of all the fun she would have with Rayne -something about him just intrigued her, maybe it was that to her he was so mysterious.

She couldn't wait to unlock him -break him out of this barrier he had up with people - or at least with her. Her thoughts trailed to the book he had been reading and it made her smirk, it was such a dangerous coincidence, it was too far fetched to think about whether or not she would tell him her secret now, but who knew what the future held? not her -she sure didn't, so she would just take it one day at a time.

The bell sounded more like a fly buzzing in his ear. The only focus he had was on Milia. His world seemed to just take a turn for good now. He was anxious to see what would happen with Milia next. The wandering voices trailed off with the sound of the bell. Rayne looked down and twiddled his fingers, shaking slightly. Milia had such an effect on him. To his suprise, Milia had kissed him on the cheek as he stared at the ground.

"I.. I cant wait.. see you soon"

"I-I can't wait to see you soon too.....Milia." Before he could say anything else, Milia disappeared in the crowd, just as he looked up. He shook his head, then smiled, as he walked through the crowd an out the main doors. His parents were waiting for him and he waved as he headed towards the car. Once he was inside, his parents noticed him smiling and blushing. Rayne's mother began to speak, but his father placed a hand on her shoulder and shook his head with a smile. His mother nodded then turned back around in the passenger's seat.

Rayne's father started the car, then drove down the street. Rayne began thinking about the book. He took it out his bag and began reading more.

Milia only had time to go home and change, then go back out to school because she swam for the school and they had to crack down considering it was the start of the year and they had to practice hard for tournaments that would come in the near future. She was always excited about swimming -it had always been a passion and stress reviler for her -as soon as she was engulfed in the water it was as if nothing else mattered and all her stress was left to the surface -she was focused, and that was what made her such a good athlete.

Today she was more excited most days though, because she had something bigger to look forward to -and that was spending time with Rayne. As much as she tried to focus on the other things, her mind always came back to him -she just had to find out what made him more special than other boys. She didn't have to even use her supernatural abilities to give the extra push today, the energy and eagerness to spend time with Rayne gave her what she needed to finish her laps first.

As she pulled herself from the water and began ringing out her hair -all she could wonder was..

how eager was he?

Rayne walked in the house after his parents, then made his way up the steps to his room down the hall on the right, middle door. He opened it and closed it behind him once he was inside. He was glad he survived the first day of school. Even though, he almost got pummeled several times. He walked over to the left side of his bed and removed his bag strap from around his shoulders and dropped it side his bed. He looked across from his bed at the laptop.

Rayne thought about typing in his journal. Whenever he would finish the day, he would type in his journal, one in which he kept in his laptop files. He pulled back the little black rolling chair and sat down,then scooted up, until his knees were hidden. He opened his laptop and began typing about everything that had happened to him today at school. Since today was Friday, he would just spend the rest of his day typing.

As night fell he looked at the time and then stretched his arms above his head. A yawn followed after. He stood up and walked out his room to the bathroom and freshened up, changing into his night clothes. Rayne headed back to his room and laid on his back with his hands behind his head, as he stared at his ceiling. Within a few seconds after, he fell asleep, thinking about the things he and Milia would do tomorrow.

Milia had awaken very refreshed and ready -she picked out a short sundress and some shades to hide her eyes since the sun seemed to be ablaze outside, and also applied some sunscreen -she burned very easily considering she after all was a vampire underneath it all. She took her daily dose of blood, a full water bottle size which kept her at ease during the day with so many humans running around -it was easy for her to contain herself. She then looked at herself one more time in her full sized mirror before taking a deep breath and leaving out of her room

She was never one to be nervous -but this was Rayne, a boy she felt a rush from just by seeing him, she didnt want to screw this up. Without a moment to spare she was driven by her older brother to the fair where she would meet Rayne -her adrenaline was pumping like she had been on a roller coaster, an excited feeling, so much that the closer they got to the fair, the harder it was to contain a smile that was building up. "Whats with you? who are you meeting here?" her older brother asked curiously, turning into the fair which held a long line of people. "Nothing.. its nothing" she replied quickly, waiting her turn to get out of the car, she didnt want to jinx it -so she wouldnt give away too much. "I just know todays gonna be a good day"

Rayne jumped up when his alarm clock sounded off. He rubbed his eyes and looked over at the clock, and then pressed the top. The alarm quieted down and Rayne threw his legs over the left side of his bed. It was saturday morning and Rayne had a big date ahead of him. He could barely contain his excitement, as he threw his legs over the left side of his bed and stood up out of be. The daytime wasn't his strong suite, but today he had a amazing reason to get up. He was about to have a full day of fun, music and activities with the most popular girl in school!

He wasted no time in getting ready. Once he was finished, he rushed downstairs and to the breakfast table, then sat down. His parents exchanged looks of surprise, before turning their attention back to Their son. They were both in shock and awe at their son's new transformation into happiness. They both felt that it was best not to question him about it and just let him be happy. Rayne chewed his food happily with a huge smile. He was like a big kid who was expecting a gift on Christmas.

Rayne put away his plate in the dishwasher, and then kissed his parents on the cheeks and gave them both one big hug. Afterwards, he rushed out the door. "Today will be great!" He said, excitedly as he made his way to the street.

Milia stood near the entrance of the main gate to the fair, watching as everyone went in and got their tickets, a of the people she actually knew and invited her to join but that was a definite no -she wouldn't give up today with Rayne for anybody, she just knew this day would help with developing their friendship and understanding and she wanted nothing more than to be able to do that, bring him out of his shell and help him realize there are people he can trust and speak to, and if not anyone she was here.

"You sure you dont wanna come inside? the lines are getting pretty long Milia!" screamed some girl who she went to school with, but Milia simply shook her head "No im fine..thanks though" she called back politely as she waved to them once they were once again engulfed in the crowd of people and unseen -she didn't care how long the lines got for the rides and such, she was happy just walking around with Rayne -anything would be fine.

She let her hands run down the sides of her sundress, it was windy outside and she was regretting wearing it now, though she felt she looked pretty cute, with the right amount of wind the dress would fly right up, and she would look like some kind of vampire Marilyn Monroe trying to hold it down -the thought of that, and the though of Rayne's face if that ever did happen made her giggle to herself as she leaned against a fence waiting patiently.

Reactions: 1 person
Rayne smiled happily as he started to joglightly down the street. He couldn't contain his happiness! A full day with Milia was way more than he could ever ask for. Nothing was going to stop him from enjoying today. He was determined to make this day a memorable one. Rayne passed up a couple of houses in no a few seconds, followed by a few more. Eventually, his jog turned into a run. He closed his eyes and chuckled, as he stopped.

The fair was slowly coming into view as he opened his eyes. Within a few more minutes, he would be by Milia's side. Each step took him closer and closer to the gate, until he stopped mid-way from the gate. He could see a girl leaning against the gate wearing a beautiful sundress. The dress even made his blue buttoned down shirt and black jeans look dull. Rayne took a few more steps and squinted his eyes. He opened them widely, with a blush as he approached her.

"H-hey Milia, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long." He said in a shaky voice.

Milia's face lit up the moment she seen Rayne, instead of some kind of uptight hello she rushed into his arms without hesitation, embracing him tightly to show how much she really had missed him despite the awkward tension that still lingered between them a bit. She let him go after a few moments and looked down at the ground as she blushed a bit, removing the flowing hair from her eyes that had settled a bit out of place because of the wind.

"I missed you. I probably would have waited another hour for you" she teased with a shrug, though it was true she probably would have -developing this relationship with Rayne was at the top of her priorities because again she felt that everyone needed somebody and it wasn't fair that he was an outcast, he had done nothing wrong and bleeds the same color when hurt just like everyone else, even though of course Milia was a little ahead of everyone in that race in a sense that she was practically already dead. "Okay so are you ready? I already went along and got our tickets just because I was afraid they might sell out" she informed him while pulling out the tickets from a small black purse she was carrying and handing him his with a smile.

It was a nice day to be at the fair today and she planned to have a lot of fun with Rayne. She looked up to the blazing sun, the roller coasters which seemed to reach it catching her eye as she did so. "You afraid of roller coasters?" she asked with a smirk before taking his hand and leading him inside.

Rayne was quickly embraced with a hug from Milia, the moment he made it close. He blushed furiously, but hugged her back in return. He wanted to hold her like this forever, but he knew that he couldn't. When she released him he watched as she removed her hair from her face. While she did that, he gazed at her. He could see that she blushed just as much as he did. There was a brief silence and only the wind could be heard. That is, until Milia broke the tension with a statement.

Only moments after his blush disappeared, it returned. "I- I missed you as well, Milia." He responded, in a shaky voice. He was also glad that she had waited, but also felt bad that he kept her waiting for him. He was opening up more to her and it felt good. No, it felt great! Oh, how he wanted to just pull her into his arms and kiss her deeply! But, he knew full well, that he had to be slow about things. This was still the most popular girl in school after all. Milia began to dig in her purse for something. At the moment she looked down, he went into his fantasy world again.

He looked at her facial features. Skin as smooth as velvet, hair as genuine as silk. Both being brought out by a smile, that she gave him as she looked up holding something. He shook his head and looked down when she spoke. She was holding out a ticket and he wasted no time in grabbing the ticket firmly in his left hand. "Thank you." He said, softly. He looked at the inside of the park. It was packed with people, music, rides and all sorts of games. He grabbed Milia's left hand his right hand. "Yes, I am ready and I love roller coasters!" He exclaimed.

Milia was just as excited as Rayne as they hurried inside. She loved her town this time of year mainly because of the festivals and fairs, it was a good time to spend with your family and friends.. and if you had one, your boyfriend or girlfriend. "Good im glad you like Roller coasters because.. Im a roller coaster junkie.. but its funny because Im so scared on them, but I like to ride them over and over as long as I have someone with me" she confessed with an embarrassed look on her face -she had never told anyone she was scared of roller coasters accept her brother, people just thought because she rid them so much she wasn't scared but that wasn't the case she liked them, but she was still scared of them, she couldn't ride unless someone was with her otherwise she wouldn't get on.

"I love adrenaline rushes but its no fun unless you're with someone... being alone on a roller coaster would be horrible.. so what do you want to do first? roller coasters? games? food? it doesn't matter to me" she shrugged looking up at him as she squeezed his hand and removed space between them by coming closer to him. From this angle it could be a common misconception that she and Rayne were a couple. She couldn't really express it, but she was really excited for this day, she felt like it was a slight accomplishment considering where they started and where they were now -they were both making progress.

Rayne followed close behind Milia, as she pulled him into the park When they stopped, he listened to Milia, until she had finished speaking. " It is alright to be scarred. Roller coasters are pretty much fast-paced. But, I will be right here with you." He looked over at the roller coaster and watched as one of them zipped in loops and circles. He couldn't wait to get on the coaster. He looked back at Milia and grabbed both of her hands within his own. "You don't have to worry about being alone. I will ride with you and make sure that you don't get scared."

When Milia scooted closer to him, he could feel his cheeks burn with a blush, He looked over to her as she squeezed one of his hands. He liked this feeling. The feeling of Milia making his heart race. He had so many things he wanted to do. He thoughtabout the options Milia had laid out and began to think. "Lets get on a few coasters, and then we can eat and explore a little more. He said, looking down at Milia with a smile.

Milia blushed as both her hands were taken into Rayne's own -and she didn't even have to intiated it! he did it on his own and that made it that much better. She loved the fact that he was now coming out of his shell, but one thing that caught her attention was the fact that instead of telling her she was just some 'coward' for being afraid to be on coasters alone, he encouraged her to go on one and that he would be right here with her, it made her smile as they walked close together towards the roller coaster she had seen him glance up at -this one was pretty big, had many twists and turns and also a big drop, however with Rayne she didnt feel scared at all, instead she felt anxious and ready to get on. Luckily, there wasnt a long line and before they knew it, they were being strapped in.

Milia looked over at Rayne as the workers continued checking everyone's seat belts and things to make sure they were tightly strapped in and ready to go. "I cant wait!" she exclaimed excitedly as she held waited for the ride to start "If I die I am blaming you" she eyed him jokingly as she heard the ride start up. she was ready.

He looked around as they made it closer to the coaster. the fair was full of live. Clowns made little balloon animals. Vendors sold snacks. People were playing games and performers put on shows. Rayne's eyes widen as if he were a little kid, intrigued by everything. He couldn't contain his excitement! All of the sights were really something to take in. Rayne was enjoying himself already and they weren't even on the ride yet!

When they made it to the coaster, they were strapped in and Rayne looked over to Milia with a huge smile. " No worries, Milia! We will be fine!" He said, as the ride moved.

"No worries!" she repeated him, smiling as her eyes wandered to the workers who were done now checking everyone's seat belts and nodded to the one by the controllers. Before she knew it they were both suspended in the air!

south_florida_fair_roller_coaster.jpg

Milia tried to not, but she immediately screamed when they began to twist and turn, giggling and having a great time with Rayne, she closed her eyes and let the adrenaline take her, opening just when they were as high as they could go and then began riding down and then up, and down and up and it seemed to go on and on. She saw a flash as they made one of the turns and was sure she probably looked silly in it, though she was confident that Rayne probably looked good. She put her hands in the air and looked over to Rayne, sure that her hair was all messy now since she felt it in her face as the fast ride kept going "This is so much fun!" she yelled to him over the screams of everyone else.

Rayne laughed as the coaster twisted and turned. He was having an awesome time. Each loop made him throw his hands up in excitement and he enjoyed every bit of it. He looked over at Milia. Her hair was blowing all over the place and she was laughing as well. She looked at him with a smile and he smiled back. Being on the coaster with Milia only made the adrenaline in his body increase. His heart was racing from both excitement and the sight of Milia's beauty.

"This is so awesome!"

"It is awesome!" she yelled back to him, as she laughed and held her hands in the air with him. As most rollercoaster rides, it seemed this one was over before it even begun and before Milia knew it the ride had stopped and they were being released one by one from their seat belts by the workers. Milia let her hands run through her hair which she was sure looked crazy by now, blushing a bit and giggling and Rayne's own slightly messy hair. "Let me help you with that" she offered, not waiting for an answer before running her fingers through his hair to smooth it out. "There.. better.. now we dont look like we could be Frankenstein's brother and sister" she explained to him, laughing and getting out once they were released from their belts. She took Raynes hand immediately as if it were a reflex, smiling up at him briefly before pulling him along "what do you think we should do next?

Takuya was thrilled by the ride, but just as fast as it startted, it ended. He followed behind Milia, as they exited behind another group of people. There was still much that he wanted to do and so much that he wanted to see. He looked at Milia for a few moments, then back at the theme park. It was so lively. He could feel his heart thumping. When Milia helped him with his hair, which was messy, he blushed. "Thank you," his voice was slightly shaky. He began smoothing out Milai's hair and then looked at her with a smile. "Lets go play some games now." He smiled widely looking at the games."

"Hmmm you sure you want to play some games Rayne? I dont want to have you crying if I beat you too bad" she teased with a wink and a smile, she was pretty good at fair games, mostly because the games at the fair required on to be in shape -whether it was throwing balls into a hoop to win a stuffed animal, kicking balls into goals, throwing balls into goals -the list went on and on, and since she was coordinated most of the things she got from the fairs she would go to were things she won herself. As they got into the area where the games were, her eyes lit up with excitement, looking from left to right at the variety "So what games do you like to play more than others?"