Blood Bond

When Milia thanked him, he smiled and nodded. He had finally spoken and it felt great. Best part is, he was talking to a person who actually "wanted" to be his friend and not just use him.

"You uh.. you wanna take a walk?"

Rayne had noticed that her voice was shaky and that she was nervous. He didn't want her to think that she was bothering him so he stood up and held out his hand. He was slowly becoming confident. Even though, he was still nervous ,but it wasnt a problem for him.

"S-sure" He said shyly, smiiing.

His voice sounded a little shaken just like hers, however he was acting a little more confident then she was right now, which was ironic. It just surprised her that he had actually spoken to her. She smiled looking at his hand a moment before taking it and standing.

As they began to walk a lot of questions sprung up in her head, but she would take it slowly so not to overwhelm him. The last thing she wanted was for him to go mute again.

"Well... my name is Milia -you know that.. I'm 18, I am majoring in criminal law... and... I love to swim and make new friends.. and things like that.. mind telling me about you?"

She tried to ease into it, telling about herself before asking him so he wouldn't be put in the spotlight, although it was just them too it was still a bit awkward since they didn't know much about each other.

"Well... my name is Milia -you know that.. I'm 18, I am majoring in criminal law... and... I love to swim and make new friends.. and things like that.. mind telling me about you?".

The words rolled of her tounge smoothly as she talked. Rayne was excited that she was sharing so much info with him. What would he tell her about himself? She seemed way beyond him. Criminal law? there was no way that anything he told her would catch her attention. He thought for a moment and then smiled. What he was preparing to say may be boring, but at least he would be honest

"I-i'm Rayne and I am 20 years old. I love to read books a-and I-I'm currently studying computer technology. I hope to become a video game designer one day....welll um....because I love...to...well...play...video games as a hobby"

He looked down as he blushed in embarrassment and gulped. Now Rayne was nervous. The feeling flushed over him and he shook more. He was prepared for Milia to laugh at him and mock him for what he just said.

Milia stopped in her tracks, blinking and looking at him as he finished his sentence before peering into his eyes, her expression unreadable before a smile peeled across her face as she put her hand on either of his shoulders "I-lOVE-video games! whats your favorite? mine is ... well its mortal combat"

She concluded with a slight blush. To be honest she had never told anyone she liked video games but they really did pass the time well and they were easily addicting -sure a lot of people thought it was nerdy but she was never one to knock it until she tried it

Suddenly, realizing her hands were still planted on his shoulders she quickly took them off, giggling nervously and then gesturing ahead

"Lets keep walking.. so.. whats your favorite book?.."

Milia's sudden outburst about how she loved video games, raised Raynes head in suprise. No way, she was a gamer too? Rayne smiled wide and then blushed suddenly when she looked into his eyes. Now, he was even more intersted in Milia and wanted to know more, much more. He was just as big on games as much as reading books. Although, the bullies took his psp and smashed it with his Final Fantasy Dissidia game in it.

As he listened, she mentioned that she loved Mortal Combat. Mortal combat was one of his all time favorites when he was little. When she removed her hands and stood up, his blush dissapeared and he did the same. She had suggested they walk and asked him about his favorite book. In response, he smiled and dug through his bag for his romance novel, before speaking again. This time his confidence had built up a little more.

"Well, I love mostly-" He stopped mid-sentence and walked ahead of her. Even though his confidence built up little by little, he was still afraid of her. It could still be just some trick for him to let his guard down.

Milia frowned at his sudden change of mood -he had went from speaking openly with her, to walking ahead of her, and being cautious -why was he so cautious? she really wanted to know, something really bad must have happened for him to feel this strongly about keeping to himself

however, just so not to make him comfortable, she stayed a good distance from him to give him space. "Look.. I know you probably think Im not really trying to get to know you -for whatever reason but.. I just want you to know that.. theres more than just bad people in the world Rayne, theirs good people too.. and the faster you understand that the better" She told him with a sigh

looking up to the sky -it really was a beautiful day, and what a shame it would be at least in her eyes, to waste it on such a terrible mood he kept placing himself in ".. now please do go on about the book I would love to hear about it" She pressed on, she felt she had put too much effort into this to let it all go to waste, or to give up on him -why? no one should be without a friend. Everyone needed somebody.

As Milia spoke, Rayne stopped in his tracks. He looked back at her and stared a little, but listened. She was really trying to be his friend and he was to afraid to let her get close.

He dug inside his bag momentarily and book the book out, before looking back at Milia. Those eyes again. If he wasn't so sure that she was human, he would say she was more like a goddess or maybe something more, supernatural.

Why was she so interested in this one book? He wasn't sure that she was really interested at all but he spoke anyway. In a soft low voice, looking down at the book.

"Its basically a story about a boy who gets bullied and picked on. Later, he has to move to a new place because, his parents felt that it would help him and make his life easier. But the boy has no friends and he meets a girl who changes all that. The only thing is, his friend is a vampire.

Rayne smiled lightly at his accomplishment as he looked back up at Milia. He had explained the book without even a stutter. He was even suprised.

The only thing is, his friend is a vampire.

Oh the irony.

Finally after moments passed in silence, she spoke up, clearing her throat a little and smiling "A.. vampire huh?.. sounds interesting." She mumbled, running her fingers through her hair -it was something she always did when she was nervous. -Was this some kind of joke? did he really know she was a vampire, and just wasn't saying anything but rather gave off hints like this?

She had to know.

Before she knew it, she took the book from his hands, not snatching it but assertively, She looked at the back, reading over the summary and there it was, just as he said. Milia sighed and placed the book back in his hands.

"That sounds like a... interesting story -really is does." She nodded beginning to walk slowly along side him

".. are you anywhere towards the end yet?.. do you know what happens then? -when he finds out.."

Rayne noticed that she began twisting her hair slightly after hearing what he said about the book. Even more strangely, it was exactly the same way as the girl in the book. This was starting to become puzzling.

How was it that everything that happened in the book, happening to him in real life? He slanted his eyes at Milia. He jumped a little when she took the book out of his hands. He looked at her curiously as she read the summary of the back of the book. When she handed it back to him and walked side by side with him.

"Yes, it is very interesting and no, I haven't finished it yet. Its strange though, everything that has happened up until now to him, has happened to me. Exactly the same way"

Rayne revealed as they walked further down the hall. RING RING RING

The bell sounded off and Rayne looked up at the clock then took out his schedule after putting the book away. His next class was economics.

"Yeah, well when you get to the end of the book you let me know okay?.." She was intrigued and apparently he was thinking the same thing that she was. It was almost too much of a coincidence. As soon as the bell rang, she was a bit startled at first but she not much.

She blinked, looking down at his schedule "Oh wow your way in building A.. you know how to get there..?"

She had to admit she was a bit disappointed that the bell had rang and that they weren't in the same class but the school was small and she was sure to see him before the school day ended.

Her class was dance next, which was far from him... then again maybe she needed to give him some space.

He looked at her after she asked him her question and took out his map. With his map, he would be able to find the building easily, but he kinda wished that Milia could show him. It wasn't long before the halls were filled with students walking pass them to there next classes. Rayne looked back at Milia one last time and smiled, waving goodbye. He turned his attention back to the front of him and made a right down the next hall and out the door.

He made his way down the walkway and looked around at the beauty of the school. Healthy trees swayed with the wind and nested flowers beneath them. It was such an amazing sight to see. Rayne stopped and picked a blue flower that had blossomed and placed it gently in his bag. Although he had no idea if Milia even liked flowers, he hoped she would at least accept it.

He soaked in the beauty for a little longer and headed towards the doors afterwards. Once he was inside, he looked at his map. Luckily, he was right next to his class the minute he entered the building. Rayne took a deep breathe and walked to the door. He released his breathe then walked then opened the door and entered. Followed by a group of students who had the same class.

"So... what did you find out about the kid?" Yuki asked as she immediately caught up with Milia who was making her way to class, Milia wasn't a bit surprised, the girl was like a magnet and sense they were best friends she didn't mind.

"Hes cool.. hes just quiet.. if you see anyone messing with him you need to say something because really? its not cool and it makes us all look stuck up and stuff" She concluded almost annoyed as she thought about how they had treated him last period. Yuki blinked at her friend twice as they walked into Literature, she looked confused. Milia sat down in her seat and ignored Yukis stare -what was with everyone? she never really thought about how rude they could all be

they just didn't like what they couldn't explain.

Even as she took her notes out for class and her professor began to lecture she was still wondering how Rayne was -and if he was okay.

The class as usual became quiet and they looked at rayne. Except this time, noone mumbled or whispered. Only stared. The professor eyed him up and down before speakng. "class, this is our new student Rayne. He just transferred here, so I would like for all of you to behave and treat him kindly.

Rayne looked up at the woman and she was now looking at him with a smile. Rayne smiled back, eyes bright with happiness. This professor was actually being nice to him. After smiling at Rayne for a few more seconds, she assigned him to sit next to a boy with blue hair. Rayne nodded and smiled as he made his way to his seat.

He looked over at the boy with blue hair and his heart sunk. it was the boy from earlier. He looked ahead of the boy with blue hair after catching site of the one with green hair. The blue haired boy tapped the other's shoulder and they both looked at him grinning.

Rayne lowered in his seat and looked down. He couldn't believe he was in a class with those two.

This wasn't good at all.

Milia couldn't concentrate no matter what she did, she just couldn't block out the thoughts of him swimming in her head. Why was this boy so interesting? Its a question she kept asking herself yet she couldn't find a valid answer.

She sighed as she continued scribbling down her notes, even taking them over and over once finished just to get her mind off of him. She also wondered how she should react the next time she sees him. Milia didn't want to smother her but she felt she had to because if she didn't, he was bound to get into some sort of trouble since the kids at this school weren't exactly the nicest.

Soon she couldn't take it anymore, she raised her hand and received permission to go out to get some water.

Gladly she left the class and began searching for the nearest water fountain, however in the back of her mind all she could wonder was if he was okay.

Rayne suddenly felt un-easy. This was still insane to him and kind of unfair. These guys were just getting ready to be the daylights out of him and it seemed, by the look on their faces, that they wanted to try again. Regardless of the fact that the seniors warned them not too. The room began to spin and Rayne held his left hand over his forehead. He needed some air before he passed out.

The thoughts of what the two guys would do to him had gave him a slight headace. He looked down at his bag and held it closer to his chest, shaking slightly. What would he do? Where would he run too? It seemed faith wanted him to suffer. The sound of what the leader of the seniors had said, played.

He better toughen up , or he wont last long around here

Toughen up? Rayne couldn't even harm a fly if he wanted to. Even though, he didn't have the physique to fight back anyway. He would forever be pushed around and was accepting of that.

But, the stares of the guys made him nervous. He raised his hand then asked for permission to leave the class, shyly.

He walked quickly passed the boys and others holding his back close. When he was finally out of the class, he leaned against the wall and let out a relieved sigh.

Milia had just finished getting her drink, she went so far as to go down to building A just so it would take her longer to get back. She just had too much on her mind.. about her brother and schoolwork -but mostly about Rayne. She was very worried about him.

As she began to walk flatly back to class her eyes widened at the sight of a boy down the hall who had just walked out of class and leaned against the wall for support, even from this distance he looked as if he had seen a ghost.

She blinked a few times and reluctantly began to pace herself forward, as the boy came into view more clearly she immediately recognized him and his scent as being Rayne.

Was it fate that had them always meet like this?

Her mind was eased that he seemed perfectly intact and okay, but that ease was temporary as she noticed he was utterly terrified,

she took a step closer to him, she had already been pretty close and one might say now she was just too close but she couldnt help it,

she lifted the hair from his eyes as she peaked at him

"You.. okay?"

Reactions: 1 person
Rayne jumped a little at the sound of her voice. He looked over at her with fearful eyes and trembled a little. As she looked at him and pushed her hair out of her face, he blushed a little then looked down.

It was funny to him that they always met up somehow. Even in the worst of times like now. Well, at least Milia wasn't trying to rip him to shreds. Unlike the others the university.

"Yes i am-" His eyes lit up a little as he remembered the flower he had picked for Milia. He quickly dug through his back and pulled out the little blue flower and let out a sigh of relief. it was still in one piece. He smiled gently and held out the flower towards Milia

"H-here, I um picked this for you" His blush spread a little further and he looked down at the floor, hand shaking slightly

Milia couldn't help but blush as she realized the flower was for her, it was beautiful and blue and exotic looking "I dont know what to say.. its beautiful" She finally got out as she took the flower from his trembling fingers and smelled it -it smelt so sweet, much like how sweet Rayne was.

"Im glad you got this for me because.. now I dont feel so weird about thinking about you all day.. this flower means you were thinking about me too " She confessed with a smile as she placed the flower gently in her purse "Ill give it water when I get home.." She concluded.

To be honest, she didn't want to go back to class, no doubt that she wouldn't be able to concentrate, so she focused on Rayne. Technically this would mean skipping class but at this point she didn't care.

She was almost certain that all they were going to do was give out small assignments since its the first day of the semester. So she continued smiling, then gestured down the hall "Want to take a walk?"

Raine looked at Milia in shock when she had asked him to walk. A blush spread across his face and he looked at her with a smile " Yes, I would like to take a walk with you.

Rayne couldn't believe it! Milia loved the flower he had given her! His heart started to pound as he bagan to walk side by side with Milia. He had completely forgotten about returning back to class. All he knew is that he wanted to be here by her side for just a little longer.

He looked ahead of him, blushing hard, slightly shaking.

Milia smiled back, as they walked slowly down the hallway -she didn't care about class, because class could wait. However, her time with Rayne was fleeting, she didn't know what his schedule was like from here and didn't want to press her luck.

"So... I know its hard adjusting to being here but.. I hope that you stay a while.. you'll get used to it - I promise"

What Milia really wanted to say was that she wouldn't let anyone hurt or pick on him, but she didn't know if that sounded about right, so she pressed on with where she left off "When I first got here I thought it boring.. because everything was so conformed.. even now, I see it as pretty boring, but.. your different.. maybe we can make it fun...t-together"

She had know idea why she was all of the sudden stumbling over words, she had never been this nervous with a guy, but it was exciting, a change from what she was used to.