Blood Bond

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ryan spit off to the side in disgust at what he saw. He was starting to wonder why Milia was taking up for that little twerp anyway. He glared down at them both as Milia placed the ice on Rayne's face. His teeth gritted together and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Whatever. If you want to go ahead and stay with this little punk, then i won't bother with you. Its not worth my time anyway. Just make sure he stays out of my way, or next time he'll regret it." With that being said, Ryan stormed off. He wasn't dumb enough to get into anything else with the cops lurking around just outside the gates.

Rayne could do nothing more than look down in shame as Milia was comforting him. Just look at him. Miliahad to save him once more and he couldn't do a thing to protect her. She was much better off with some big strong jock. That way, she wouldn't have had to worry about guys like him pushing up on her. Rayne looked up at Milia for a moment. "H-hey, Milia, I am sorry..." He said in a low voice.

Milia glared at Ryan until he was out of sight, making sure he didnt come back for more before tending to Rayne more, looking down to him in sympathy. "Hey now, stop it why are you sorry? you didnt do anything wrong! he is a coward for coming at you like that, especially since you werent looking.. that was a sucker punch.. dont be sorry, he should be sorry.. asshole" she grumbled as she helped him get up and dusted him off.

"We cant let him ruin our day.. it was so perfect..." she explained, looking up into his eyes and making sure he kept the cold drink on his cheek, but someone who had seen everything happened came back with an ice pack and she smiled and thanked them, removing the cup and putting the ice pack on Rayne's cheek. "How are you feeling? does it hurt bad?" she asked him in utter concern, he was hit pretty hard and she wanted to make sure he would be okay. "You want me to walk you home or something?" she mumbled after a few moments of silence, not wanting Rayne to continue with the day they had planned if he felt seriously injured.

Everything just continued to get worse for him. He was really tired of getting beat up all the time. It was just getting far too old, but, what exactly was he going to do? There just had to be a way. He looked up at Milia while she spoke, but he didn't respond. The ice numbed the pain a little, but not completely. The crowd of people just stared at the two of them when he looked around. It was like he was in some kind of circus or freak show for people's entertainment. He didn't like the attention from all the strangers. The only attention he wanted was Milia's. That was more than enough for him.

"Listen Milia, its okay really. This kind of thing just seems to happen. It is part of the bad luck deal and I don't mind accepting that. Its just my destiny to get beat up all the time I guess. There's no point in trying to fight a battle that I know I can't win." He looked down at the ground and took the ice pack from her hand and held it on his own cheek, and then stood up. He dusted of the back of his pants with his free hand and looked down at Milia. "You are right about one thing, we shouldn't let this ruin our fun." Rayne said in a soft voice. "So, lets finish this day together, Milian. It may get better from here on out, but, i'm not sure. Anything is possible however." He turned away from her with a saddened look on his face. He was so weak.