Bleach: A New Seireitei (OOC and Sign Ups) (Sign Ups Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah. Due to problems that would inevitably have occurred in the old layout due to caps and impossible comparison, the stat system has gone through a few small tweaks to put you all on the same page. No worries, it is still simple and not rocket science. The following scale is what we will be using, each landmark representing an average stat of a person belonging to said rank. A captain commander is self explanatory. A senior captain is Kyoraku, Ukitake, and Unohana era. A veteran captain is everything from Urahara and the vizards down to Soi Fon and Byakuya's time. A neophyte or new captain represents the younger ones like canon Bleach Hitsugaya. The rest are self explanatory. Power is sort of redefined as a culmination of physical combat skill and physical power. Defense is more like a combination of reflexes, defensive skill, and defensive abilities. Wisdom is wisdom plus intelligence. Stamina also somewhat reflects your fighting styles. Some of you may notice some lower stamina scores. If the way you fight orcyiur skills are set up end up using tons of energy or eating through tons of reiatsu, it is reflected here. Reiatsu/kido was split up into their own section because it would be dumb to try to score a Kenpachi type character there. This makes for a little better representation without going off the deep end. You may question why something on anyone's character was scored whichever way if you wish. A lot of assumptions were made. For example, if you didn't list a weakness, I found or inferred one, cited my reasons, and balanced the numbers. If the result does not reflect your intentions, talk. We can probably figure something out but this does not mean bartering stat points.

100 = captain commander
90 = senior captain
85 = veteran captain
80 = new captain
75 = vc
70 = 3rd seat
60 = 6th seat
50 = 10th seat
40 = 15th seat
30 = unseated shinigami
20 = academy student
10 = no proficiency

Takiko

power: 60
Defense: 40
Mobility: 70
Reiatsu: 40
Kido: 20
Wisdom: 50
Stamina: 60

Otonashi

power: 85
Defense: 75
Mobility: 90
Reiatsu: 90
Kido: 60
Wisdom: 80
Stamina: 80

Demita's kido proficiency needs to be addressed. Here are the other tentative stats.

Demita

power: 80
Defense: 70
Mobility: 80
Reiatsu: 70
Kido: 75
Wisdom: 75
Stamina: 75

Makoto

power: 75
Defense: 65
Reiatsu: 65
Kido: 60
Wisdom: 75
Stamina: 65

Shizuka

Power: 80
Mobility: 85
Reiatsu: 80
Kido: 90
Wisdom: 70

Hibiki

Defense: 90
Reiatsu: 95
Kido: 95
Wisdom: 85

Kokierra

Reiatsu: 95
Kido: 100
Wisdom: 95
Stamina: 85

Last edited:
Note: Remember to look at the very Bottom of the first post as the "Approved Characters" will be there.

Alright so with kido and Demita, she is good with the binding kido but not with the attack type. She's alright with defense, but mainly focuses in binding. Lol, sorry I should probably go and look up the actual names for stuff before I spout my mouth, gimme a bit since I'm on mobile.

EDIT: hado- slightly below average
Bakudo- average to slightly above

Last edited:
Then I'll assign Demita a 75, right on the average.

I try to help keep some semblance of balance for the cast overall.

So, a few quick questions. Errands, errands, errands...

What can Hibiki do with his zanpakuto in tandem with each spell?
How are the blades arranged in bankai? Are they still moving as if connected to the arms or is there an orbit? What happens to the rest if you stop one from spinning?
Why does his kido go through the blades but not anyone else's? If you say it is because it is his reiatsu, wouldn't the flow of the kido disrupt them like a current?
What happens to blades after they are thrown?

Can you both list out all high level kido your characters are able to use and if anything forbidden, explain where such things were learned as they aren't forbidden for no reason?

1]I'll assume this is dealing with his shikai and bankai since sealed is fairly obvious. He can imbue kido spells into his blades that most of the time only augment it in a way similar to what the kido would do in the first place though with some kido it has a slightly altered effect, often with bakudo, not so much with hado. For example, imbuing it with Hado 4: Byakurai would give his blades a little extra damage but would extend their striking range by a fair bit. Hado 54: Haien would set the blade aflame, increasing it's damage and igniting the target.

2] In Bankai it's pretty much this except larger, made of kido, not surrounded by ghosts and not in a crazy fucked up house. Look at 19:52. That should handle those questions.

3] There's a reason why the release says rend reality in twain. With the full armament of blades, the innermost shell of the bankai is separated from what lies beyond it. Kido that can appear beyond the bankai such as Hado 90: Kurohitsugi are completely unaffected but Hado 4: Byakurai would have to travel through. The kido blades are able to slice into the Dangai Precipice world in a fraction of a second and the tear with heal almost instantly. Because the blades are always moving, there is an eternal cycle of tearing and healing. Kido fired from within enter the Dangai and exit instantaneously and cannot be dispersed because they did not hit the blades (the blades are on the outer edges) yet kido from without is shredded by the blades before it can enter the dangai. Of course these rips only happen in bankai and cannot be controlled as they are merely a side effect. And by sacrificing them, he reduces the effectiveness of this defense.

4] In both Shikai and Bankai they return to their position as he wills it.

5] Hibiki knows how to cast Hado up to Hado 96: Itto Kaso, which is forbidden. However, he has only ever used up to Hado 90: Kurohitsugi and can only cast up to Hado 73 Soren Sokatsui without incantation for full effect. With Bakudo, he knows how to cast up to Bakudo 99 Part1 and Part 2: Kin and Bankin, though he has only used up to Bakudo 81: Danku and is able to cast up to that level without incantation.

His forbidden spell, Hado 96: Itto Kaso, comes from his own research as Vice Chief of the Kido Corp who keeps records on all Kido spells. He has never tried it, though he has commityed the incantation to memory, and sees it only as an absolute last resort.

He is also capable of barriers up to and including Standing Ovation.

If there is an entry point on the inside of the shell and an exit point on the outside of the shell, the reverse would hold true as well, rendering your entire defense useless. If the exit point is inside the blades, you can't shoot out of it without going through your own defenses. The rips would have to be so fast that they would be near constant to get your kido through but that would also mean that the exit point woukd be eternally open just like the entry point. As far as I know, there's no one way teleport. Also, don't you run the risk of your zanpakuto randomly getting eaten by the cleaner?

All of Hachigen's special barrier kido spells were developed after his exile.

Last edited:
It's the outer edged of the blades, which actually have the edge itself, that disperses the kido. When an attack happens from inside, it enters the dangai rip and leaves through another in the immediate wake of a blade passing allowing it to surpass the edge that disperses kido. From outside however, the kido would come into contact with the blade first and be dispersed. However, as I noted, this is only under the full armament of 12 blades. With the full armament, it would require such precise timing that to put it in perspective, I believe Urahara might be the only one capable of doing something with that outer rip at the same time as kido exits. However, at that stage it's purely defense and it sacrifices that for offense. So it is a two way teleport, but the nature of the bankai makes it incredibly difficult to use at full armament.

And my bad about the barrier spells. I was looking in the wiki for the kido numbers and it didn't say anything about them being exclusive to Hachigen. And if I recall correctly, this happens following the Aizen arc which means the cleaner has been destroyed.

EDIT: I'm looking at all of the barriers now. Two were designed by Urahara against Aizen, One is used by Yamamoto, two were used by Aizen, and the rest are used by Hachigen but none of them say that they're exclusive to just them, other than the Urahara ones.

Last edited:
Well, if he adjusted things manually to let kido through, that might be true but if it is really moving that fast and constant, then the exit point would also be there, present on the outside of the blades, meaning that anything that enters the exit point would get a shortcut past them. It might be in bits as incremental parts would alternate hit and miss but as much would go through one way as the other. If the exit point was the same area as the entrance point, your spells would get shredded from behind due to how fast the blades would catch up. It might be fine in the context of a single blade but with the whole network, if the exit point was anywhere but outside, out of rage of the tips of the blades, your kido would get shredded... but put there, the reverse would also apply. The defense would become irrelevant to projectile attacks coming in. As long as it is a two way teleport, barring specific intervention, either the swords are in the zone to catch it or they aren't. The only difference is that the stuff coming in might be a little more in pieces but that doesn't mean it can't still hit you.

See Hachigen's page and scroll down to powers. The wiki is always hyping things and making people sound bigger than they are so they often tend to skim over things, meaning that even if you know, you still have to dig around to the parts where they mention it. I'm not referring to Urahara's anti-Aizen kido or Aizen's misinterpreted kido which is actually just an autoshield that ke keeps up behind his neck, per the manga.

Anyway, I have no care for being the devil's advocate. Just running errands for people.

Race: Shinigami

Name: Keitaro Seishin (presented in Western format: First Name, Last Name)

Division: 9

Zanpakuto: Kūran Kyomu Shugi

Zanpakuto Spirit Form:

Roc_zps5ab8d60a.png

Inner World: A mountain peak with gale-force winds howling around it.

Shikai: Fall into nothingness, Kūran

In shikai, Kūran becomes a rapier, and Keitaro gains the ability to see his opponents' spiritual cores. Piercing someone's core with Kūran will seal their abilities for the duration of the battle. If the opponent pierced with Kūran has a second form (i.e. Bankai, Arrancar Resurrcion, etc.) entering it will break Kūran's seal. However, the seal will delay the release of the second form for 5 to 10 seconds, depending on the relative power of the opponent and Keitaro.

Kūran's shikai does NOT give Keitaro any bonus to his speed, strength, or defense.

Bankai: Calm the storm within, erase the storm without! Kūran Kyomu Shugi!

- Kūran becomes an estoc, a sword retaining the point of the rapier, yet having sharpened edges allowing for slashes as well as piercing attacks. The hilt looks like this:
fantasy_estoc_by_licataknives-d49lk5r_zpsc63d28f0.jpg

-- In this form, Kūran CANNOT block physical objects or deal physical damage. Meaning that it cannot block attacks from another Zanpakuto or other weapon, and cannot be blocked by another Zanpakuto or other weapon. And getting cut by the blade will deal ZERO damage.

-- In this form, Kūran CAN block kido, cero, ranged reiatsu attacks.

-- In this form, Kūran CAN pass through physical objects with no resistance, but CANNOT pass through spiritual barriers without any resistance. Spiritual barriers can be cut, but this requires effort on Keitaro's part.

- While using Bankai, Keitaro gains the ability to see reiatsu flows within the body and around it, though this ability degrades the longer Keitaro is in Bankai. At best he can see the movement of all reiatsu around him, at worst he can only see the movement of reiatsu within his opponent.

- In this form, if an opponent is struck by Kūran once in each of the following areas (arm, head, chest, body, leg) that opponent becomes unable to use reiatsu for the remainder of the battle. However, Keitaro cannot hit more than one target in a single slice (e.g. Keitaro slices someone downwards through the head and chest, only the head is counted as being hit)

Skills:

- Shun-po Adept: Keitaro is not a master of the technique, but can use it effectively in battle

- Counter-Attack Mastery: Keitaro is a master of using an opponent's attack to his advantage.

- Duelist: Keitaro excels at one-on-one battles, but is at a disadvantage versus many opponents

- Kido Expert: Keitaro has learned a variety of mid-level Hado and Bakudo, and can use them without incantation. His personal favorites are Hado #12, Fushibi, Bakudo #4, Hainawa, and Bakudo #61, Rikujokoro.

- Jack-of-all-Trades: Keitaro spent time training in his weaker points, his speed, phyiscal strength, and defense at the expense of his strong suits, stamina, counter-attacking, and kido usage. This has resulted in him being equally good in all aspects. While he will likely never be as strong or proficient as someone who has specialized in one area, Keitaro relies on using his other skills to make up for the difference in power.

-Fighting Style Summary: Keitaro focuses using his abilities to exploit his opponent's weaknesses. He plans his moves carefully to try and create situations where he can seal his opponent's abilities with Kūran. As the captain of the Seireitei's "police force" Keitaro rarely kills his opponents, preferring to capture them for questioning.

Personality:

Originally, Keitaro was a individual who rarely spoke. Believing that words should not be thrown about carelessly,he was quiet and diligent in his studies at the Shinigami Academy. For the most part, he still retains these traits, but his time serving under the previous captain has taught him to be more willing to speak with his colleagues. Keitaro now speaks more often, though usually in short and to-the point sentences. He is always calm on the outside, patient, and is cautious to a fault, wanting to get all the facts before deciding on a course of action. Keitaro is annoyed by rash actions and meaningless banter, and is impressed by clever tactics and thoughtful conversation. Keitaro also has a need for things to be neatly organized in his office, and is often compelled to rearrange and clean other people's rooms and offices

Appearance:

KeitaroFull-body_zps9d0ef55c.png

Keitaro is about 5' 10" with a lanky build. He generally has a nuetral expression on his face, but has been known to smirk from time to time.

Bio:

Keitaro joined the Academy and passed its standard six year curriculum without much trouble, getting accepted into the 9th division. His lack of desire to waste words unnecessarily was misinterpreted by his superiors in the division as a lack of respect for them. A fault they tried to correct by force. Keitaro, armed with only his shikai, was challenged by his superiors one-by-one in an effort to get him to speak. Even though he lost at first, Keitaro didn't speak, in fact he wondered why his superiors were coming down so hard on him. Still, the constant dueling gave Keitaro much needed battle experience, and helped him to understand the limits of his Zanpakuto's ability. While the sword could seal an opponent's shikai, it didn't grant any other enhancing abilities. Keitaro needed to be skilled enough to see through his opponent's attacks to pierce their spiritual core. He worked to better his ability on fighting in all kinds of situations, working to passably use shun-po, for help with slower and more powerful enemies, and kido, especially binding kido, to hinder faster enemies. He practiced counter-attacking most of all, because that was the easiest way to attack the spiritual core.

Keitaro began to win in his fights, not often at first, and eventually, by continually defeating those in higher positions, he moved up the ranks. The then-captain noticed this, and sought to understand why Keitaro was forcibly climbing his way up. He realized that the quarrel between the other members of the division and Keitaro was the result of a misunderstanding, and worked to resolve it. Once the other members were aware of Keitaro's beliefs, and Keitaro was aware of how his silence could be misinterpreted, the constant challenges stopped. But the captain saw Keitaro's potential, and personally trained him. He helped Keitaro to achieve his Bankai, and to master fighting with it. Afterwards, the former captain retired from the 9th division, and the rest of the division voted for Keitaro to become the new captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vuthra Moon
So how long has he been captain?

Is there a mechanic to prevent an bankaied up opponent who has been hit by the shikai ability from just resealing and doing bankai again to shake it off?

Well, if he adjusted things manually to let kido through, that might be true but if it is really moving that fast and constant, then the exit point would also be there, present on the outside of the blades, meaning that anything that enters the exit point would get a shortcut past them. It might be in bits as incremental parts would alternate hit and miss but as much would go through one way as the other. If the exit point was the same area as the entrance point, your spells would get shredded from behind due to how fast the blades would catch up. It might be fine in the context of a single blade but with the whole network, if the exit point was anywhere but outside, out of rage of the tips of the blades, your kido would get shredded... but put there, the reverse would also apply. The defense would become irrelevant to projectile attacks coming in. As long as it is a two way teleport, barring specific intervention, either the swords are in the zone to catch it or they aren't. The only difference is that the stuff coming in might be a little more in pieces but that doesn't mean it can't still hit you.

See Hachigen's page and scroll down to powers. The wiki is always hyping things and making people sound bigger than they are so they often tend to skim over things, meaning that even if you know, you still have to dig around to the parts where they mention it. I'm not referring to Urahara's anti-Aizen kido or Aizen's misinterpreted kido which is actually just an autoshield that ke keeps up behind his neck, per the manga.

Anyway, I have no care for being the devil's advocate. Just running errands for people.

I went and looked through Hachigen's page. It does say as much but only gives a single barrier as an example as being exclusive to him. Which means Kubo hasn't delved into just what can or can't be done regarded barriers in relation to that. Given that lack of any clarification in the canon, and the low number of barriers that are even available in the first place, let's just use Standing Ovation as a benchmark for how good of a barrier he can make and let his position as a kido master allow him to create barriers.

Alright, I screwed up - I should have given more exposition in order; let me see if I can remedy that. And my apologies for the way it reads. The individual rings of Hibiki's bankai are, appearance wise and stopped, hollowed out saw blades. The outer edge with the blade is able to disperse any reiatsu based attack because it cuts through it. The inner edge does not have this blade and cannot cut through such attacks. The blades themselves are able to create small rips that lead to the dangai that are torn and healed almost instantly. While moving, this does absolutely nothing as the rips are left behind in the path. However, in the stationary position, with the 5 other blades, there is a constant cycle of tearing and healing that follow in the wake of each cut.

Timing is key on either side of the bankai to use Kido to full effectiveness. From the inside, timing just needs to be made that the kido hits either just as the back of the blade passes or in the fraction of a second that the rip lingers to pass through the dangai. From the outside, there is only that fraction of a second to take advantage of because trying to aim at the cutting edge will result in the kido being cut away and dispersed because the blade is still occupying the space.

This is a gross oversimplification but it's a good description. If the range of 1-4 is the time between blades occupying the same space then the division works like this. 1-3 has the blade in position and the edge will cut away any kido coming from outside. 4 is the fraction of a second where no blade is occupying the space and then the cycle repeats. As I said before, the rip follows in the wake of the cut making the only time for Hibiki to get something out as 2-4, while for anyone trying to get in, it's only 4. As you said though, if the kido came out at the exact same time, it would impact on his own blades and be disperses. Thanks to the temporal/spatial qualities of the dangai though, the kido comes out at 4 which could could a collision of kido.

It can be taken advantage of but it either requires a lot of trial and error or analytical genius comparable to Aizen or Urahara. Once the blades are out, the defense drops and the mathematical calculations for reduction there are... rage inducing. But we're just talking about full armament.

Sure. Barriers I haven't a thing to say about. Rather, I was tasked with a little balancing work. While I could just as well go digging and put out some long speel over why he likely devised certain spells in that post exile, all I have to prevent is the variety of autokilling spells. Forbidden kido are the ones that involve time, space, and self sacrifice. A lot of the spells that Hachigen does are spacial teleportation or detachment type, ones that negate defense because they deal only with area and arguably cannot be dodged as long as he can track you. At the end of the day, we don't need the capacity to be teleporting someone's head off his shoulders or teleporting swords into people, blah, blah, blah. While the unique kido section does not specifically list all of them, it directly describes standing ovation and similar, even accompanied by the corresponding gif.

This is mildly interesting. I assume you mean that the angle of the blade makes the time window smaller but wouldn't that only make sense if they were trying to enter the same entrance point as you rather than make it happen in reverse? So long as the exit point is outside the blades, the angle becomes irrelevant.

I'm actually unsure of the details of the current state of the cleaner but if it isn't there, that would mean that everyone would have permanent access to a hyperbolic time chamber on demand. While I'm not sure whether it is possible to replace, I imagine the ramifications of not having onr would be extra messy.

So how long has he been captain?

Is there a mechanic to prevent an bankaied up opponent who has been hit by the shikai ability from just resealing and doing bankai again to shake it off?

I would imagine that he has been captain for at least 50 years.

No, that is a valid method of counter-play against the shikai ability. But constantly exiting and re-entering Bankai is extremly tiring (or it should be).

Alrighty. And to answer that, it depends on the bankai. If it summons something, yeah. Its gonna cost a lot of reiatsu. If it is a limited commodity bankai paid for upfront, yeah. Its gonna cost a lot. If it just allows them to access a few extra abilities in a low to no form change like Ichimaru's Kanashimi no yari, it won't cost them much besides time. That does make it effective against most bankais, though.

Keitaro (Tohsaka Tokiomi with bed head)

power: 75
Reiatsu: 85
Kido: 85
Wisdom: 85
Stamina: 85

Last edited:
@Nevvy

Well I don't follow the anime but in the manga, Aizen destroyed it and there's never been any indication that a new one now exists. Even if one does, the chances of any kido, while in the dangai rip, encountering the cleaner is statistically very improbable since the cleaner only goes through every seven days.

And no, the angle of the blade has nothing to do with it.

Let's just make this easier. Where is the exit point?

The place where the blade just was.

For those who like to keep track of characters (like myself), I finally posted my Bankai (though a reminder that Takiko will not start with it and will instead have to learn it in the rp).

Whether they addressed a new cleaner is irrelevant given that the op reluctantly confirmed that there is a new one. And if the exit point is basically the same as the entrance point, then it would be the same as if there was no rip at all from n application standpoint.

The exit point isn't the same as the entrance. The blades have width to them; they even have serrated edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.