Bleach: A New Seireitei (OOC and Sign Ups) (Sign Ups Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest, Incubus and I read it and we honestly had no clue what the hell we were expected to do. Between the two of us, all we could figure out was to do a shitpost about going around and laying the traps which would have amounted to maybe a paragraphs apiece which, to me, feels like a wasted post; I can't speak for Incubus on the matter of the feeling of a wasted post. For awhile I thought that there was part of it missing but no edit came so we kinda sat on the sidelines waiting for something to make a quality post with. Because that's what I aim for: quality. And not that buzzword quality you see in businesses.

And as a personal note:

"From now on, you have three days per round to post, if a post is not made in that round you will be in MY post as an npc... If you do not post once after five rounds you are disbarred from the rp and I claim your character as an npc and a character that gets side winded. Am I understood?"

This is in direct violation of the following clause:

"In the instance that I leave your RP on bad terms, then your right to use any intellectual property of mine is wholly and totally revoked. You have absolutely no right to use anything of mine in any way shape or form. If I discover that you do not respect that, then I will go directly to the appropriate site mod/admin and have them force a removal."

You will find that term in my Roleplayer Resume under Random Notes where it has sat for several months now [See Ginda's Mysteries for more on why that was added].

There will be no finger pointing game.

Aaronace, there is no need to hold up an act. No one is leaving on bad terms and you, GM or not, hold zero innate power whatsoever, no matter what you might claim. The only power a gm has is to be an arbiter for however long the players put their trust in the gm. There are two major ways to gm. One is the type where you set things up and let it go to be a regular player who will not really exercise gm powers. The other is where you have a specific idea in mind and expect it to be the skeleton of the story, overruling everyone else's direction. With the angels and whatnot, you are most certainly choosing the latter here which is the same as signing up for babysitting. To the players, if you're unsure of the direction, start asking. To the GM, if your players aren't getting it, it is because of the GM's failure to lay it out on a platter. When someone has a particular way they want it done, it is the same as clipping the creative wings of the RPers because they have less wiggle room, trying to keep the plot going in the intended direction. To make up for that, the gm must carefully guide to keep things running smooth. You're done with nothing. There is no "Am I understood?". The gm has the power granted by the respect of the RPers and no more. In exchange, he is the problem fixer and the pace setter as well as the controller of incoming events. With that comes the responsibility for happenings or lack of happenings. If someone does something dumb, the gm gently guides it to a correction. If something doesn't happen, the gm helps guide it to the intended or makes it work. If a player disappears, the gm figures out how to make the plot keep flowing despite that whether it is through a replacement, someone else doing what needed to happen, or whatever needs to happen. There is no finger pointing that a gm ever has to do towards anyone else. Promote unity and good flow, doing more work than everyone else and accepting more responsibility than anyone else. That's what it means to run the show.

• Thank You
Reactions: Yaoi Master Gavin
TheMoreYouKnow.gif

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Lol. Its fine. Probably good to balance out my ball of serious.

acttr

acttr

acttr

acttr

acttr
@Yaoi Master Gavin when I said the deal about the "claiming character" thing. I didn't mean it like that. I merely meant taking control of the character and somewhere in the story putting them in a place where they aren't as big of a majority or factor to the story. Who is going to control them other than their player and even better what sense does it make when they just all of the sudden stop and remain where they are left off? For one, the story would make no sense then, and the character is doing nothing. I merely meant that I would put a good enough sequence to put the character away. Your character is your character and I don't intend to "Claim" any of "your" things. But I'd like "My" story to have proper storytelling and proper management of how things are done.

I never intended for any personal conflict between us and if you took it that way then forgive me for my over the top aggression as I am depressed and rather disturbed today and took it out in my rp.

@Nevvy I am able to manage things very well, only the problem is when I am in an awful mood and let it get the better of me. When my players come to me, it makes things easier. When they actually talk in OOC, it lets others know what's going on and seems like common sense for them to do so. I have the abilities of being a good gm, but hey, whatever. You know, we've spoken quite a bit in PM and you know how I deal with things and how I respond "respectively" to my fellow rpers so you know me at least a bit...

I'm done everyone... I'm too depressed for this shit right now...

I know you can do it. I just think you need a breather. Let me do a side arc or something so everyone can develop a bit while you take it easy and recover. Then when you're ready, you can come back and pick up in a much better mood. When you start talking crazy like saying that you're going to tighten things up a bit to make things better, you're not in your best condition. While you should have gone off to fix the problem as soon as you thought it was becoming one, I know that life takes precedence. So let it take a little precedence rather than trying to force it.

Hope you feel better soon atleast :/

acttr

acttr
Shadicmaster was speaking with me and I've decided that perhaps I need to make some changes. I am going to shut down Bleach A New Seireitei and build myself back up. Now yes, I know that I could give someone the responsibility of a temp gm for a time when I rest up and collect myself but I feel the need to be able to take things on my own... This rp was just something I made up in a matter of two hours because I was going through a stupid phase after watching Bleach anyway... The angels, Otonashi, the story all of it in two hours... I want to be able to handle this by myself. I appreciate all of your words and your support in it but to give even a little control of it to another seems like I've already given up on it entirely. That is my answer... and that is where it stands... You are all fantastic rpers and I am proud and honored to have had you all in one of my stories. I hope to have some form of good relationship with some of you, whether it be rp partners or just friends who check in on each other from time to time... regardless of which My decision is final.

If that's what you feel is best, do it. For better or for worse in the short run, trusting yourself in the long run won't fail you.

Good luck to you all... if any of you wish to continue interactions with me just pm me please... Thank you, all of you...

@Aaronace52 I thought that might be the case. When you took that week to make a post I had the feeling you had some RL issues getting you down; it's the main reason I didn't toss the GM post back at you - you didn't need more on your plate like an edit that probably would have felt like a slap in the face. Take your time, recompose yourself and when you feel like things are going better, we can get this running again. I know I'm not the only one who put a lot of time and effort into his bio and I think we all hate the idea of something we worked hard on go to waste.

And the same goes for you too. Sure, you might have pounded out the entire premise in two hours but you still put the time and effort into it and I know you don't want to feel like that time was wasted. Hell, two hours? I pounded out a research paper in four starting from scratch and scored full marks on it. Time means nothing when you put your mind to the grindstone and work it. So like I said, take some time to yourself, deal with RL first, and then when you're in a better place we can come back and if you want to reboot this, let's do it. If not, s'all good.

Last edited:
Thank you Gavin... I'm glad you were understanding... again, forgive me for the rather misleading statement. Anyway, there is possibility that I might reboot it... I am really not wanting it to slump into nothing and become shelved.

Status
Not open for further replies.