Bleach: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taka (his nickname or abbreviated name) continued to rub his eyes as Zheng spoke "Can't be that hard can it?" Taka's care free attitude would likely get him into a lot of trouble in this Squad and so he'd end up learning the hard way but still...some good could come from this. Taka nodded when Zheng introduced himself and listened as he mentioned the Squad had no Captain or Lieutenant...half the reason he wanted to join but the other was so he could do work in the Rukongai and make sure his family were still okay whilst doing a job and getting paid...2 birds with one stone...however...what did worry him was the fact that he'd be tested, this caused him to blink a bit...he wasn't expecting a test of skill! Despite how things were Taka had to get into this Squad! he had to get to a higher position so he could begin to bring money into the family once more...he couldn't afford to be lazy at this point in time...yet his body didn't quite agree with him "Uh...why do I have to be so lazy!" Taka forced himself to his feet and followed after Zheng into the training room

(Giving him a new nickname...Taka the Napper xD)
Now there's a strange sense of deja vu; a third seat that is the current highest ranking in a captainless squad to join said squad right on graduation day. It actually made him chuckle that this situation was so familiar to him, despite he is the one testing recruits. Zheng walked into the room ahead of Taka, walking far enough that there was some distance between them until he stopped. "If you're worried about defeating me I'm letting you know that there isn't a chance of that happening. I'm just assessing your skills." The young man turned to Taka in a side stance with one arm held up in front of him and one to his side. From the looks of it he didn't wield a weapon, but focused on hand to hand combat. It may seem unfair to fight against someone without a weapon, but there is a difference of power between them. "Come at me Taka the Napper."

(XD)

Anri had departed ways with the strange girl who confused her with nearly every word that came out of her mouth. She walked around the Squad 1 barracks, her arms tightly wrapped around her notepad. She mostly looked down at the ground, since she was too shy to make eye contact with people. Shoske walked out of the Head Captain's office, rubbing the back of his neck "Damn, that guy did some damage to my neck" He walked by Anri, not even noticing her. But Anri's eyes widened as Shoske walked past her. She quickly turned around, looking at the headband Shoske wore. She could only see his back but the feeling of him walking by was enough. "Ah, best go to Squad 4" Anri's eyes began to water up as she ran towards him, reaching out to grab him. Onii chan! But before she could, Shoske shunpoed without leaving a trace. Anri dropped to the ground, biting her lip to hold in the tears.

Shoske shunpoed from building top to building top, still rubbing his neck "Weird, felt like someone had called me back then" He shrugged, making his wait into the Squad 4 barracks to get himself patched up.

Sinai
"well Captain. I'm Torn. I joined this squad because hakuda is my specialty. I've been practicing hand to hand decades before I even joined the academy." She explained as she looked at the floor. " my first mission though, wasn't for squad 2. Captain Mok of squad 5 nabbed me and another shinigami for a mission. My second mission was a lot more complicated than it needed to be, but was under squad 10." She took a breath and looked at her captain. " I want this place to be where I belong, even if I have to earn my place. But the missions I have received under squad 2, do not capitalize on my strengths. Yes It gives me experience, sure I am 7th seat but what have I to show for it among squad 2? I question my place here sir… but if I am being honest…I am torn because if I don't fit here… I fear there is no where for me. I wanted to ask you to give me a chance, anything, to prove to everyone, myself included, that I belong here." She wasn't really sure what she was asking for. Or why she told him so much information but context made the question clearer, she hoped anyway.

She wondered for a second what she looked like to the captain. Compared to most others she was still a child, which was where one of her problems fitting into squad 2 came from. 7th​ seat or not people looked over her, figuratively and literally, in the chain of command. She had no real track record or rapport with most of the squad because her missions were usually small and menial. Maybe she looked like a kid wanting to fit in? Or maybe she looked like a shinigami trying to prove herself. Honestly she didn't know which was worse.

Nadameru listens intently to the words of her cousin. She had done a bit of this research herself, already, but it was still interesting to hear what her kin had to say. Especially on the squads he seemed intent to turn her away from. She pondered the idea of the second division, as well as the Fifth division. Both of them had major disadvantages as well as the obvious advantages. She was left wondering which was the best choice, when an idea struck her. "This might be a bit of an odd request, Cousin Kurisu, but would you care to spar with me, or maybe set one up or something? I mean, I know you'd kick my butt in a real fight, but it would probably help to figure out which squad I'd be best suited for: right?"
Kurisu listened to Nadameru speak and couldn't help but let a smile break out on his face "I'd be glad to...it'd certainly help you decide on what Squad you wish to join. After all by sparring me I can see just how you fight and through that I can likely help narrow down the Squads you'd work well in" Kurisu then motioned for Nadameru to follow him as he walked down the halls of Squad 6, eventually arriving at the outside training grounds "At least here we don't have to worry to much about what gets broken...so....are you ready?" Kurisu stopped in the center of the training grounds and turned to Nadameru

Now there's a strange sense of deja vu; a third seat that is the current highest ranking in a captainless squad to join said squad right on graduation day. It actually made him chuckle that this situation was so familiar to him, despite he is the one testing recruits. Zheng walked into the room ahead of Taka, walking far enough that there was some distance between them until he stopped. "If you're worried about defeating me I'm letting you know that there isn't a chance of that happening. I'm just assessing your skills." The young man turned to Taka in a side stance with one arm held up in front of him and one to his side. From the looks of it he didn't wield a weapon, but focused on hand to hand combat. It may seem unfair to fight against someone without a weapon, but there is a difference of power between them. "Come at me Taka the Napper."

(XD)
Taka rubbed the back of his head and sighed, he knew he wouldn't defeat this guy, over-estimating his abilities would only get him beaten and killed faster...he was aware of what he could do but he wasn't entirely sure. He was skilled enough with the likes of Hoho, Kido, Zanjutsu and Hakuda...at least good enough...just...his Zanpakuto, he had been so lazy that he hadn't made any effort with it...this in itself may get him turned down, however he couldn't let this phase him! he had to try wake up more...but...it was just to difficult!

Taka took a deep breath as he then rubbed his eyes and shook his head, he noted this man wasn't wielding a weapon, so hand to hand must be his go to fighting style...Something that required a lot of energy...he'd really have to wake up if he wanted to get anywhere! Taka's eye brow then twitched as he frowned a little...did...did this guy just call him Taka the Napper? "Save the names for later! you've seen me napping once! you don't know how much I actually do it!" Taka usually didn't make the first move and so he waited...and observed this man...that and he was feeling pretty lazy so he didn't want to move much...

Sinai
"well Captain. I'm Torn. I joined this squad because hakuda is my specialty. I've been practicing hand to hand decades before I even joined the academy." She explained as she looked at the floor. " my first mission though, wasn't for squad 2. Captain Mok of squad 5 nabbed me and another shinigami for a mission. My second mission was a lot more complicated than it needed to be, but was under squad 10." She took a breath and looked at her captain. " I want this place to be where I belong, even if I have to earn my place. But the missions I have received under squad 2, do not capitalize on my strengths. Yes It gives me experience, sure I am 7th seat but what have I to show for it among squad 2? I question my place here sir… but if I am being honest…I am torn because if I don't fit here… I fear there is no where for me. I wanted to ask you to give me a chance, anything, to prove to everyone, myself included, that I belong here." She wasn't really sure what she was asking for. Or why she told him so much information but context made the question clearer, she hoped anyway.

She wondered for a second what she looked like to the captain. Compared to most others she was still a child, which was where one of her problems fitting into squad 2 came from. 7th​ seat or not people looked over her, figuratively and literally, in the chain of command. She had no real track record or rapport with most of the squad because her missions were usually small and menial. Maybe she looked like a kid wanting to fit in? Or maybe she looked like a shinigami trying to prove herself. Honestly she didn't know which was worse.
Kaizo listened as Sinai spoke. it was true...he really hadn't done that much with his Squad...he spent so much time training himself, this was why he wanted to get more hands on with his Squad. Kaizo bowed his head then spoke "Then you have my apologies Sinai. It is no fault of your own that things have been how they are, that is my fault. However I do plan to change this and get more hands on with this Squad like I am supposed to be doing...times have been difficult recently but now those times have passed and I shall put my all into training this Squad and making sure they perform to the highest standards. Once I locate a few other Shinigami from this Squad I shall take you all on a mission...I will accompany you all on this mission. I will make sure this one tests just what you can all do...alongside some missions like this I hope to be able to train with you all personally...I have a few ideas on how things can be handled...a few interesting ideas. I hope this sounds a bit better for you"

Taka rubbed the back of his head and sighed, he knew he wouldn't defeat this guy, over-estimating his abilities would only get him beaten and killed faster...he was aware of what he could do but he wasn't entirely sure. He was skilled enough with the likes of Hoho, Kido, Zanjutsu and Hakuda...at least good enough...just...his Zanpakuto, he had been so lazy that he hadn't made any effort with it...this in itself may get him turned down, however he couldn't let this phase him! he had to try wake up more...but...it was just to difficult!

Taka took a deep breath as he then rubbed his eyes and shook his head, he noted this man wasn't wielding a weapon, so hand to hand must be his go to fighting style...Something that required a lot of energy...he'd really have to wake up if he wanted to get anywhere! Taka's eye brow then twitched as he frowned a little...did...did this guy just call him Taka the Napper? "Save the names for later! you've seen me napping once! you don't know how much I actually do it!" Taka usually didn't make the first move and so he waited...and observed this man...that and he was feeling pretty lazy so he didn't want to move much...
Well...this was awkward. The two of them were waiting for each other to move forward and attack one another but it wasn't happening! The squad members watching this were all snickering at this silly sight of the two shinigami standing there. If the two of them were able to smack talk each other then they should be using that energy to fight instead! "Hey Zheng, is this a spar or are you both just going to stand there like a couple of old hags?" The rest of the squad laughed at them though Zheng didn't seem to notice. He had a concentrated look in his eyes. The look of someone ready to fight.

All of a sudden Zheng dashed towards Taka not with all of his speed since he was holding back for the sake of testing Taka, but still fast enough to raise concern. He was able to quickly close the gap between them and he looked like he was going to throw a straight jab towards his jugular, but it was only a feint. The young man jumped into the air in a back flip, going past Taka's head while he was still in the air, but used this as a chance to send a kick towards the back of the lazy man's head.

Well...this was awkward. The two of them were waiting for each other to move forward and attack one another but it wasn't happening! The squad members watching this were all snickering at this silly sight of the two shinigami standing there. If the two of them were able to smack talk each other then they should be using that energy to fight instead! "Hey Zheng, is this a spar or are you both just going to stand there like a couple of old hags?" The rest of the squad laughed at them though Zheng didn't seem to notice. He had a concentrated look in his eyes. The look of someone ready to fight.

All of a sudden Zheng dashed towards Taka not with all of his speed since he was holding back for the sake of testing Taka, but still fast enough to raise concern. He was able to quickly close the gap between them and he looked like he was going to throw a straight jab towards his jugular, but it was only a feint. The young man jumped into the air in a back flip, going past Taka's head while he was still in the air, but used this as a chance to send a kick towards the back of the lazy man's head.
Taka continued to stand there, the laughs and snickering of the other Shinigami didn't phase him, he instead was feeling so tired that his eyes had begun to close. That was when Zheng had decided to make his move. The gap had been closed between them yet Zheng proceeded to deal a real attack from behind, it was at this point Taka's eyes closed completely and he fell forward, narrowly missing being kicked in the back of the head. His eyes then shot open as he stumbled forward trying to find his balance, he then shook his head and turned to look at Zheng "Has the fight started yet?"

Taka continued to stand there, the laughs and snickering of the other Shinigami didn't phase him, he instead was feeling so tired that his eyes had begun to close. That was when Zheng had decided to make his move. The gap had been closed between them yet Zheng proceeded to deal a real attack from behind, it was at this point Taka's eyes closed completely and he fell forward, narrowly missing being kicked in the back of the head. His eyes then shot open as he stumbled forward trying to find his balance, he then shook his head and turned to look at Zheng "Has the fight started yet?"
Were this guy's eyes shut or was he imagining things? There is no way that even this guy would fall asleep during fight.....would he? The guy dodged the attack by the skin of his teeth so he must be paying attention...until he asked if the fight had started yet. This bastard was either being coy with him or he really was an idiot. Either way he wasn't going to get so lucky next time. "Pay attention or else I'll really give you a beating." He dashed towards him again, but this time he shifted his weight onto on leg and swung his other up towards Taka's head.

Were this guy's eyes shut or was he imagining things? There is no way that even this guy would fall asleep during fight.....would he? The guy dodged the attack by the skin of his teeth so he must be paying attention...until he asked if the fight had started yet. This bastard was either being coy with him or he really was an idiot. Either way he wasn't going to get so lucky next time. "Pay attention or else I'll really give you a beating." He dashed towards him again, but this time he shifted his weight onto on leg and swung his other up towards Taka's head.
Taka rubbed the back of his head as Zheng told him to pay attention...but...it was just so difficult when you were this tired! regardless he did have to pay more attention otherwise he'd find himself in a bad situation and fast. Taka shook his head then focused as a leg came flying towards his head causing him to duck quickly "Woah!" that one got pretty close to Taka, he barely dodged it! Taka knew this guy was holding back but that one could of took his head clean off! Taka needed to be more offensive or at least get some distance between them again. Taka with his right hand extended his index finger as he charged up a hado 4, only half speaking the incantation within his own head before he pretty much fell asleep again causing the hado to over charge and explode. This burnt Taka a bit yet he only smiled a little in his sleepy state "warm~" Taka's eyes then shot open again, this caused him to shunpo back a bit then rub his eyes, he then noticed his right sleeve smoking and quickly saw a small fire burning "AH!" Taka hit his right sleeve a few times, putting out the small fire. He then looked up at Zheng, Taka now appeared a bit more awake "Right...I think we can really start this now..." Taka frowned a little as the expression on his face became a bit more serious

Kurisu listened to Nadameru speak and couldn't help but let a smile break out on his face "I'd be glad to...it'd certainly help you decide on what Squad you wish to join. After all by sparring me I can see just how you fight and through that I can likely help narrow down the Squads you'd work well in" Kurisu then motioned for Nadameru to follow him as he walked down the halls of Squad 6, eventually arriving at the outside training grounds "At least here we don't have to worry to much about what gets broken...so....are you ready?" Kurisu stopped in the center of the training grounds and turned to Nadameru
Nadameru smiles as she follows after her kin with a merry skin in her step. It would be hard to figure out that this woman were anything as serious as a shinigami, were it not for the clothes she wore and the light clanking of the wooden pommel of her blade tapping against her thigh. She seemed more than a little amused at the prospect of getting to spar with her cousin. It would be like a game, and she loved playing games!

Inside the spacious training grounds of the sixth division, Nadameru felt a little sense of surprise that the building could house such a potent training centre. She had always guessed there would be some sort of offsite training grounds: but it made sense that the barracks would have its own on-site facilities. They probably all had similar grounds.

Hearing her cousin motion for her to get ready, Nadameru smiled, before smoothly drawing the Zanpakutō from her hip. "I'm as ready as I'm gunna get, Cou...aptain." She offers a smile before she starts to slowly advance towards Kurasu. Feet barely crossing as she deftly advances across the floor. It occured to her that she could probably have tried to shunpo in and finish the fight before her cousin could even draw his sword, but that would be a great injustice to both herself and to him. She would be committing a dishonourable attack by hitting at him in such a way, but perhaps worse than that is that she would be drastically underestimating him if she did. She couldn't afford to waste any movements by trying to end the fight in one flashy hit. She would take it nice and slow: so she could react to how he acted...Fluid like a river suited her best, after all.

Kaizo listened as Sinai spoke. it was true...he really hadn't done that much with his Squad...he spent so much time training himself, this was why he wanted to get more hands on with his Squad. Kaizo bowed his head then spoke "Then you have my apologies Sinai. It is no fault of your own that things have been how they are, that is my fault. However I do plan to change this and get more hands on with this Squad like I am supposed to be doing...times have been difficult recently but now those times have passed and I shall put my all into training this Squad and making sure they perform to the highest standards. Once I locate a few other Shinigami from this Squad I shall take you all on a mission...I will accompany you all on this mission. I will make sure this one tests just what you can all do...alongside some missions like this I hope to be able to train with you all personally...I have a few ideas on how things can be handled...a few interesting ideas. I hope this sounds a bit better for you"

Sinai
Sinai simply listened as her captain spoke. The apology wasnt really necessary but she could see where he was coming from. Even though the blame didnt really fall on anybody she was technically his responsibility and because of that she appreciated his understanding of the circumstances. "what ever you decide sir, I'l be in my tree awaiting your orders" She intentionally neglected to comment on whether or not it sounded better to her. So long as it sounded better to Him she would go along with it just to see if squad two, and the seireitei as a whole, was where she belonged.

Giovanni
Gio's meditative kido training worked for a while, enough to calm his nerves. Instead of over analyzing the situation he went back to the squad 5 barracks. He knew the situation would handle itself, somehow and he should focus on his own problems. At the moment that was getting better at zanjutsu. He sat in his office and did paper work for a while. Mostly so that he wouldn't slip into thought about the Sect. As he filed and edited the reports that piled up on his desk he was at least pleased to find that the numbers were slightly up and there seemed to be les casualties. Captain Mok must have been doing something right. He looked up after a while and sat back in his chair, trying to figure out who or where he could go for training. Squad 11 was his best bet for zanjtusu, he knew that, which is why he wanted to speak to the Lieutenant. But at this rate he would probably have to go to the captain. He really didn't want to do that but there was no one else he could think of. Squad one had bigger things to worry about. Sinai was trying to get under the squad 2 captain. Captain ou from squad 3….possibly. 4 and 5 were out of the question. The new captain kuchiki is a dick and last time he spoke to him tried to spark a rivalry. 7 barely existed as a squad, but then again up until recently so did squad 5. 8, he had to think hard for a moment to remember Captain Fumio. Another possible. 9 was in the same boat as 7. Ten..that was Captain Hikari Shinrai… another potential.

Gio really wanted to train with a Lieutenant, but it was aready clear that captains would be what he was better off picking from. Especially if he wanted to make real progress in the next two months. Squad 3, 8 and 10. HE didn't know much about any of the captains, other than that Captain amagai had been the LT of squad one up until recently, he remembered him from all the times he spent bothering Shinji. The other two he didn't really have any dealings with. Since Yu was new to the captain thin he didn't want to put anything else on his plate so he crossed that off his list. "Ten seems to be the booming squad, guess I'll see what Captain Shinrai is all about." With little more thought he Got up and made his way to squad Ten to ask for an audience with the Captain. He waited outside the captains door after being shone to it and knocking on it.

Taka rubbed the back of his head as Zheng told him to pay attention...but...it was just so difficult when you were this tired! regardless he did have to pay more attention otherwise he'd find himself in a bad situation and fast. Taka shook his head then focused as a leg came flying towards his head causing him to duck quickly "Woah!" that one got pretty close to Taka, he barely dodged it! Taka knew this guy was holding back but that one could of took his head clean off! Taka needed to be more offensive or at least get some distance between them again. Taka with his right hand extended his index finger as he charged up a hado 4, only half speaking the incantation within his own head before he pretty much fell asleep again causing the hado to over charge and explode. This burnt Taka a bit yet he only smiled a little in his sleepy state "warm~" Taka's eyes then shot open again, this caused him to shunpo back a bit then rub his eyes, he then noticed his right sleeve smoking and quickly saw a small fire burning "AH!" Take hit his right sleeve a few times, putting out the small fire. He then looked up at Zheng, Taka now appeared a bit more awake "Right...I think we can really start this now..." Taka frowned a little as the expression on his face became a bit more serious
Finally this guy was reacting at least enough to fight! He saw that he dodged the kick just by the skin of his teeth and then was about to perform hado 4, but Taka fell asleep again! Oh lord he fell asleep midway preparing for the spell! The energy just glowed brighter and brighter until it finally exploded, burning Taka and leaving burnt marks on the floor. Zheng could only watch with shock and awe at this level of incompetence displayed in front of him. It was like a wonderfully crafted creation that is just meant to fuck up over and over again. How this guy graduated was way beyond him. Even the people watching were stupefied at this almost comical spar. They and Zheng just stood there watching him put the fire off his sleeve with their jaws hanging down to the ground. Once Taka was ready Zheng facepalmed himself and said, "One more fuck up like that and I'm going to reject your request. Now fight like your life depends on it!" He ran towards him again and this time performed a dropkick down towards Taka's head.

Nene heard the two mention something about something not being water, probably should have told them what each dial did, but hey, all of them cleaned so it just depended on what the user wanted to take a bath in. Well since they were new she decided that she give them a little welcome to squad twelve gift. So she went to the lab and easily obtained where their rooms were located. Luckily they were next to each others so that would save some time. So she walked back to her room tapping her zanpakuto along the way, and picked up two cube that sucked in anything and hurried to their rooms. She went in only to leave it on their tables with a message that stated how to use them and that was it. The message read "The device is able to store an infinite amount of items. Green sucks, red expels all items, blue will be able to shuffle through any item you may want at the moment a hologram will show above the cube showing what the item is, and the black button expels that one item that is locked in with the blue button. Also do not press all four buttons at once, for they will explode." She then wandered the halls thinking of what she could do next. Maybe challenge the lazy man to another challenge?

It was what she'd heard before, just rephrased and coming out of Hioshimi's mouth instead of her instructors. Hioshimi was right - this was a machine. A terrible machine put into place by some greater being out there that served as a mockery of Heaven. And those who were didn't fit in it were crushed until they would. Hioshimi hadn't denied the injustice of the system but nor had she agreed with her views. It was frustrating, like working without being given a reward. Pick the best souls out of a million and charge them with the duty of protecting the Soul Society, not the people in it? Kame bit the inside of her mouth to stop herself from speaking out again. The salty taste of iron in her mouth reminded her of the murderers that laid within the Seireitei and still she could not see why they were considered the best.

In a world where prowess in an art that claimed other peoples' lives determined who was great and who was not, where would everyone else fit in? Families upon families, all fed lies in which they'd be allowed to reunite and live forever peacefully - where were they in the equation, the machine? Kame closed her eyes and smiled listlessly as Hioshimi went on. Unlike her, she didn't have the slightest bit of faith in the 12th Division. The people here seemed more concerned with coming up with a thousand ways to wash one's hair than come up with a solution for the Rukongai situation. Hioshimi had told her to look for a solution though, which was something Kame hadn't really thought of. She'd thought of revenge, sure. Justice, a way to give back everything she'd received from the Seireitei. Equal payment. But a solution? What positives were there? Kame thought it over as Hioshimi left the baths.

She wouldn't have put it past the 12th Division to install cameras in here but what Nene had said earlier about perverts buried that thought. Hioshimi had said she'd lend a hand for her ideas. If only Kame had told her just what those ideas were. She couldn't picture her companion having the capacity to stab Nene in the back, for an example. As soon as she heard the change-room doors slam shut however, Kame let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. She hadn't garnered the response she'd been expecting - no, wanting. What had she said at the end? That they'd been lucky to make it this far? "There's no such thing as luck." She murmured as she began draining the tub. Kame turned the water on to rinse off any last suds in her hair and on the floor of the bath. She spit a sticky stream of saliva and blood onto the floor, watching it mix with the water and go swirling down the drain. "Just hard work and persistence." She was drained now, just like the bath.

Kame let the water pour over her body and unexpectedly, began to feel the beginning heaves of a incoming cry. She hiccuped slightly and scrunched up her eyes to stop even a single tear from coming up. "No. No, no, no. Stop it." She shook her head wildly. Kame knew if she allowed one tear to escape her than she'd let the ones she'd been storing for five years come out as well. What was she even doing? Stuck in a strange place in the Seireitei, planning on killing members of an organization older than both her and her father combined. And on top of all that, she'd been isolated for her Academy years with no one to talk to. She missed the Rukongai, no matter how desolate it was. She missed her mother helping to wash her hair, splashing with her brother, getting into trouble for knocking over their only bucket of water - all of it, good and bad. Perhaps she could use a friend, a concept she hadn't thought of since leaving District 72 behind.

Especially in a place like the Seireitei, she'd need some good to help take the brunt of the bad. "Okay. You can do it Kame, you can do it. Okay." She breathed out slowly and turned off the water. Rivulets dripped down from her hair and down her body, leaving behind a wet trail as she stalked off to retrieve her clothes. They were dirty she realized and so Kame looked around for a towel that would do the trick. She draped the fabric around her, revealing nothing more than her legs and shoulders. "I'm going to go back Hioshimi." She sniffed. It was hard keeping her emotions at bay but she'd managed. "Whenever you're ready."
Before exiting the changing rooms, Hioshimi took the time to compose herself and her plans for the future as they stand so far:

1: Stop her newest friend from being (presumably) determined to kill everyone in the Seireitei.
2: Find a way to convince Squad 12 to consider focusing more on the maltreatment of the Rukongai.
3: Discover the reasons behind her unusually active Asauchi, and hopefully find a solution to that too.

Hioshimi briefly considered herself lucky that she wasn't like the majority, who aspired only to become stronger; it would've been far too overburdening on her. These goals seemed much more morally inclined...and much harder.

Hioshimi unlocked the door to the changing rooms, flipping her clumped, wet hair with a quiet splatting noise and flashing a bright smile at Kame. "That was a nice bath!" she commented, slipping her Asauchi onto her belt instead of holding it. It was certainly a very enlightening experience, accompanied with warm water and strange bathsoaps. Hioshimi briefly wondered if all of her meetings with Kame would involve some deep and serious conversation, as has been the theme throughout her stay thus far. She gestured to the exit, and lead the way back to their rooms.

The passage from bathroom to dorms was completed in a very unusual silence from Hioshimi; despite her attitude seeming to have flicked onto the default optimistic and contented mannerisms as she walked (One wouldn't have been able to tell that moments earlier she had been claiming that both of her lives were part of a grander scheme in which the individual progress of a single life meant nothing whatsoever) her lips remained firmly shut, not even an idly hummed drinking-song managing to escape. The tell-tale feature were her eyes, for she was not focusing so much on the literal path ahead of her, but instead her eyes flickered like she was analysing multiple documents spread close together. Clearly, Hioshimi was thinking hard on something.

So much so that when she reached her door, she briefly emitted an expression of mild surprise. "Thanks for the bath, Kame. If you need me for anything, just knock on the wall like last time, yeah?" said Hioshimi, turning to face Kame and shedding away her distractions like a second skin - for around half a minute, she seemed to place aside all of her thoughts and dedicate her attention to Kame. "I'm serious - if you need anything, just ask."

Hioshimi entered her room and found a cube sitting on her chest of drawers. After the incident with the baths, Hioshimi was unsure what to do with it, but she unsheathed her blade warily and approached with extreme caution. After poking the cube several times (thus assuring that it wasn't a latent explosive) Hioshimi then deemed it appropriate to read the note accompanying it, and with an excited squeak, immediately stored all of her belongings and spent the next half hour constantly re-arranging her room with the aid of the tiny cube in her hands, like an excited child with a toy.

Nadameru smiles as she follows after her kin with a merry skin in her step. It would be hard to figure out that this woman were anything as serious as a shinigami, were it not for the clothes she wore and the light clanking of the wooden pommel of her blade tapping against her thigh. She seemed more than a little amused at the prospect of getting to spar with her cousin. It would be like a game, and she loved playing games!

Inside the spacious training grounds of the sixth division, Nadameru felt a little sense of surprise that the building could house such a potent training centre. She had always guessed there would be some sort of offsite training grounds: but it made sense that the barracks would have its own on-site facilities. They probably all had similar grounds.

Hearing her cousin motion for her to get ready, Nadameru smiled, before smoothly drawing the Zanpakutō from her hip. "I'm as ready as I'm gunna get, Cou...aptain." She offers a smile before she starts to slowly advance towards Kurasu. Feet barely crossing as she deftly advances across the floor. It occured to her that she could probably have tried to shunpo in and finish the fight before her cousin could even draw his sword, but that would be a great injustice to both herself and to him. She would be committing a dishonourable attack by hitting at him in such a way, but perhaps worse than that is that she would be drastically underestimating him if she did. She couldn't afford to waste any movements by trying to end the fight in one flashy hit. She would take it nice and slow: so she could react to how he acted...Fluid like a river suited her best, after all.
Kurisu waited for Nadameru to make a move, it seemed she was planning to move in slowly as opposed to swiftly...a sound plan, yet Kurisu had to test her properly and so he'd put the pressure on early so he could disrupt her thinking, send her into a panic...this was more of a case to see if she could keep calm and collected under pressure. Kurisu took a deep breath then placed his right hand on the hilt of his Zanpakuto and began unsheathing it as he used Shunpo to get to behind Nadameru so they were back to back. Kurisu then turned to his right, slashing his Zanpakuto towards Nadameru, aiming for her neck. He didn't put all his effort into these movements, this was a spar but also a test of sorts and so he couldn't go completely easy on her...but one thing had to made clear here...he had no intention of cutting her...if she failed to dodge then Kurisu's Zanpakuto would stop inch's from her neck...

Finally this guy was reacting at least enough to fight! He saw that he dodged the kick just by the skin of his teeth and then was about to perform hado 4, but Taka fell asleep again! Oh lord he fell asleep midway preparing for the spell! The energy just glowed brighter and brighter until it finally exploded, burning Taka and leaving burnt marks on the floor. Zheng could only watch with shock and awe at this level of incompetence displayed in front of him. It was like a wonderfully crafted creation that is just meant to fuck up over and over again. How this guy graduated was way beyond him. Even the people watching were stupefied at this almost comical spar. They and Zheng just stood there watching him put the fire off his sleeve with their jaws hanging down to the ground. Once Taka was ready Zheng facepalmed himself and said, "One more fuck up like that and I'm going to reject your request. Now fight like your life depends on it!" He ran towards him again and this time performed a dropkick down towards Taka's head.
Taka rubbed the back of his head as Zheng told him that if he fucked up one more time he would be out of this Squad...now this was a situation Taka would take seriously. Taka watched as Zheng ran at him then performed a drop kick towards Taka's head, this guy really had some weird thing about trying to take people's heads off. Taka narrowed his eyes slightly as he then stepped to the side swiftly to avoid getting two feet to the face, Taka then threw a right punch towards Zhengs gut, trying to catch him while he was still in the air

Taka rubbed the back of his head as Zheng told him that if he fucked up one more time he would be out of this Squad...now this was a situation Taka would take seriously. Taka watched as Zheng ran at him then performed a drop kick towards Taka's head, this guy really had some weird thing about trying to take people's heads off. Taka narrowed his eyes slightly as he then stepped to the side swiftly to avoid getting two feet to the face, Taka then threw a right punch towards Zhengs gut, trying to catch him while he was still in the air
Finally there was the seriousness in Taka's eyes that he had been looking for! Now that the stakes were higher he would expect this guy to fight with all of his might. He expected the drop kick to be avoided due to it being a technique that is normally tough to land without using it as a surprise attack, but it was to see if Taka could at least have the ability to dodge such a straight forward attack. The shinigami stepped to the side to avoid the attack and sent a punch to his gut. He had go to give it to him for trying to hit him while he is still in the air when he can't move. Too bad for him Zheng grabbed Zheng's right arm while he was still in the air and the used his arm to keep himself in the air and swung his legs towards the left side of his head.

(Note: May be a bit graphic for some. Thought I would just include that)

Shizuka stood in the garden area of Squad 3, looking up at the tree like she usually did as she watched the mother bird feed her young. To Shizuka this was something more important than anything else...for what reason was unknown to everyone...but she knew all to well why she felt the need to keep watch over this small family of animals. Perhaps Shizuka was just envious...after all she never had a family, her parents were likely killed or abandoned her...or whatever reason they weren't around and Shizuka grew up in an orphanage. She hated that place...hated it with a passion...even more so after everything that happened there. It was like a prison...only so much time outside, only so much to eat...the rest of the time would be spent locked in your own room, trapped within your own mind as you reflected on how little your life meant to this large world, just how insignificant your existence was. In that place it'd beat you down...both physically and mentally and that wasn't even the worst part about the place...regardless...that time is behind Shizuka...but that place changed an innocent young girl into a merciless killer.

Shizuka closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she pushed those thoughts from her head but the emotions they had stirred up stayed...this only made her grow aggravated and there was only one thing that'd sort that. Shizuka then turned and left the Squad 3 barracks and made her way out of the Seireitei, heading into the Rukongai. Instantly people looked at her like she was some sort of freak but Shizuka never made eye contact with these people, she was heading to the worst places of the Rukongai and for a reason...the place was trash...the majority of people were trash...real Demons among the supposed Angels. These people were worthless...they held no use to the Soul Society and since no one else would punish them...well Shizuka would...she'd make them pay for their sins.

After some time Shizuka arrived...North 80th District Zaraki...a place where some of the worst criminals lived. This district was ruled by men...selfish bastard men obsessed with treating women like objects and killing eachother....they were all just trash, useless...Shizuka knew full well though that she couldn't go killing souls without a reason, even if they are criminals and scum, this didn't entitle her to kill them...what would however, is if they tried to kill her...not that it'd be a problem for them as that's why they tried to do anyway.

A group of men stood outside of a very run down and crappy bar, Asauchi all strapped to their waists...all of them torn from the dead bodies of Shinigami. It didn't take long for one of the men to notice her unusual appearance and instantly the group of men turned their attention to Shizuka, one then began speaking "Well what we got here? you lost little girl?...wait...you're a Shinigami. Well...what's a Shinigami doing out here huh? you come to your senses and realised that place is nothing but lies and that the real people are here! Well...don't worry" The man then began walking towards Shizuka "I'll take care of you girl...oh yeah...I'll take real good care of you" as the man stepped infront of her a knife went straight into his face, right through his forehead. Shizuka gripped his left shoulder then gripped the knife with her right hand as she then tore it down his face, neck and torso before pulling the knife out and letting the man fall back, his blood shooting out all over her and the surrounding area.

Shizuka needed people to believe that these men tried to attack her while she was on patrol...as if that'd be hard to believe when she had showed up in one of the worst districts around. The other men looked at each other then grit their teeth as they unsheathed their Asauchi "Oh you're in real shit now girl! you're gonna wish you never did that!" The rest of the men ran towards Shizuka, their Asauchi's held behind their heads as they closed in. Shizuka looked at them with cold eyes before throwing knives at them, one piercing one man's throat, another going into another mans left eye, another actually cutting down his...thing and the last into a mans stomach, this of course caused them to stop as some screamed in pain since one was right now choking on his own blood. Shizuka then Shunpoed up to one of the men and gripped the knife in his throat then tore it down his body before ripping it out, she then shunpoed to the next and slashed up and across their throat causing them to fall to the floor holding both their privates and throat. The next was the man who took the knife to the stomach, Shizuka gripped this then tore it out of him before wielding two knives and cutting the man in several places before moving onto the last man, Shizuka shunpoed infront of him and gripped the knife in his eye then pulled it out and began stabbing it into his face repeatedly as he fell to the floor. Shizuka was now sitting on his chest, still stabbing his face over and over, the blood from his mangled and cut face spraying out onto her as she continued to effectively stab this now dead man

Shizuka then stopped stabbing this mans face as she looked up to see many other pieces of trash looking at her, the look in her eyes had become much colder than usual. Shizuka then made her way to her feet then reached up to her face with her left hand as she then pulled down her bloody bandages that covered the bottom half of her face. Shizuka then took a breath in through her nose as she then shunpoed at these men, cutting them up left right and center, their blood spraying out onto the floor and nearby buildings as she left a path of corpses behind her. After a small amount of time most of the men had fled...most...a few remained and they were in a place they didn't want to be...a dead end...and blocking their only way out was a bloody Shizuka, the men dropped their weapons as they then begged for Shizuka to have mercy...but that was something Shizuka had nothing of towards beings like this. Shizuka began walking towards the men slowly, a knife in both hands as she then threw the knife in her left hand at one of the men, piercing his right shoulder, Shizuka then threw the one in her right hand past one of the other men, it barely missed his throat, that's when Shizuka appeared behind him, catching the knife while it was still in flight. She then activated her Shikai causing it to turn into a Scythe. Shizuka continued to fly past the man, the scythe blade closing in on his neck and with a swift cut he was beheaded. Shizuka then stopped on the ground and spun, spinning her Scythe in her left hand as she turned to the man who had a knife in his right shoulder, She then brought her scythe blade from the ground up, stabbing through his gut and out his back, hoisting him up into the air as it then tore out his body causing his guts and blood to spill onto the floor as he body then hit the floor with a hard thud. Shizuka then turned her attention to the last man as she sealed her Shikai.

Shizuka walked up to the man who had his back pressed against the wall then Shizuka threw several knives at the man, one going into his right shoulder, another into his left, another into his left foot and the last into the wall he was pressed up against. This caused the man to scream in pain as Shizuka was now pretty much face to face with this man, she reached up to the knife in the wall with her right hand, her body pressing against this mans as then grinned and bit into the mans throat, tearing it out with her mouth before pulling her knife out the wall and spitting the remains in her mouth onto the floor. Shizuka then watched the blood from the mans torn out throat run down his body as it spilled down onto the floor, forming a puddle of blood at his feet. Shizuka then pulled the bloody bandages up with her left hand and put them over the bottom half of her face once again. Shizuka then turned her back to the man and began walking off, soon leaving the district and making her way back to the Seireitei

Finally there was the seriousness in Taka's eyes that he had been looking for! Now that the stakes were higher he would expect this guy to fight with all of his might. He expected the drop kick to be avoided due to it being a technique that is normally tough to land without using it as a surprise attack, but it was to see if Taka could at least have the ability to dodge such a straight forward attack. The shinigami stepped to the side to avoid the attack and sent a punch to his gut. He had go to give it to him for trying to hit him while he is still in the air when he can't move. Too bad for him Zheng grabbed Zheng's right arm while he was still in the air and the used his arm to keep himself in the air and swung his legs towards the left side of his head.
Taka's right arm was caught by Zheng while he was still in the air, something Taka had half expected to happen as the attack he had used wasn't near complex enough to catch Zheng completely of guard. Taka then noticed Zheng swinging his legs around to hit Taka in the left side of the head...this guy really had a thing for kicking people's head in...literally. Taka then raised his left arm up to try block Zhengs legs with his left forearm as Taka then extended his index finger on his right hand as he began to charge up a Hado 4 a lot faster than before. Taka had no intention of weakening this attack and prepared to fire it straight into Zhengs gut

Her attack was almost there, but then he used hacks and flew off with his jet things, which made her grip onto hi a tad harder as she dangled from his arm in the sky. "Hey no fair, I can do jet things and.... where are your hands?" She asked before being hit by the answer when the hands hit her in the back making her let go of her grip on him, causing her to fall before she shoot chains out of her hand which were able to stick to metal objects like a magnet, so they wrapped around his harm on which she gripped the chain and raised her eyebrows like he should know what was coming. "Hado number 11, Tsuzuri Raiden." And like that electricity began flowing upwards on the chain towards Kenta.
Once the attack hit, the hands automatically flew back onto his arms. With the chain wrapping around his arms he knew what was coming, though before it hit he deactivated his jet arms causing them both to fly back towards the ground. "Shit," he mumbled as he raised from the ground they both had fell onto hard. He ran a hand through his hair that got a bit frizzed from the electricity, but he was alright from it all. He closed his eyes and began looking for her spirit energy, soon finding it, though he didn't go for the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.