Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you added them as separate stats (and as a result adjusted points accordingly), you'd have the following effects.

1. Everyone trying to push power for a shinigami would have more stats to dump and overspecialize elsewhere.
2. Anyone using kido would either have to specialize in one which would probably be unrealistic or shoot themselves in the foot.
3. Physical shinigami get stronger.

Its up to you, really.

@RainyDays i'll make the edit so your character is the Lieutenant, but be sure to finish her sheet before posting ^^.
I meant to ask, actually - I'm not too sure if you read through the old CS (it's alright if you didn't, mind you, it just means I have to explain it) but Hioshimi has a different way of fighting, compared to the usual. Taken from the previous thread...

"Fuminshiyou's spells are dependent on the level of reiatsu Hioshimi is emitting, because the more reiatsu being emitted means Hioshimi has less control over her reiryoku, meaning she is becoming more and more tired. This means that the more exhausted she becomes, the stronger she gets - but naturally, it's a dangerous method of fighting because she can reach full power for a few minutes and then pass out."

To simplify; Hioshimi works in a backwards way - it's more of a hinderance, and very, very dangerous than it is...godlike power. To get to the power that you'd expect a lieutenant to be able to emit when they really go for the finishing move, Hioshimi herself has to be pretty exhausted. To hit the amount of power that a lieutenant -should- start any fight off with, she already has to be tired. She starts off at a pathetic amount of energy and builds up to a normal amount of energy as the fight moves on, and then reaches strong, and then passes out.

Is this okay with you?

I don't think the GM would really have a say in that given that anyone with a bit of control lacking that needs to bleed out some of the excess could easily operate that way within Bleach mechanics. That could easily be aided by a modified limiter patch, though. What this really sounds like is a delayed spurt type. Basically, she has the same amount of technical power at the start (but can't control it so she limits it manually), then after reaching a certain threshold where it can be controlled, she burns off everything at rapid pace till she hits zero which isn't really an advantage (which is the GM policing duty) and more a personal flavor matter.

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
@RainyDays i actually did read the entire other sheet you linked, and i was okay with it, which is why i said what i did about the edit.

I don't think the GM would really have a say in that given that anyone with a bit of control lacking that needs to bleed out some of the excess could easily operate that way within Bleach mechanics. That could easily be aided by a modified limiter patch, though. What this really sounds like is a delayed spurt type. Basically, she has the same amount of technical power at the start (but can't control it so she limits it manually), then after reaching a certain threshold where it can be controlled, she burns off everything at rapid pace till she hits zero which isn't really an advantage (which is the GM policing duty) and more a personal flavor matter.
@RainyDays i actually did read the entire other sheet you linked, and i was okay with it, which is why i said what i did about the edit.
I still wanted to err on the side of caution and ask anyway; some people tend to misunderstand the power and assume that Hio gets stronger as she gets weaker, which is certainly OP - even for a lieutenant. I'm glad you all seem to agree that it works in the right way though!

Thank you very much for reading the sheet, @AllThePasta! I didn't expect you to do so since I would've been writing it up anyway, but I am very grateful that you took the time to go through it and get an idea of the character. I've had GMs who didn't really give a damn about the character itself, just going ahead and checking the sheet to see if it fits the guidelines...but that hasn't happened to me in Iwaku yet; most of the people I've met have been really kind.

Well i like to read through things thoroughly, i find it fun.

And you'll fine that a majority of iwakuvians are really kind.

Right, I think I've finished! If you can, check through the skills part - I'm not too sure if it's 16 for EACH trait or 16 points OVERALL.

EDIT: Here it is!

Also, @Yaoi Master Gavin I added a little bit at the end of my history about your character.

You have 5 (usually) in each area and 16 points in total to spend on top of that... though since you can drain points on a 1 for 1 scale, you might as well say that a shinigami vc has 51 points to allocate starting from 0 everywhere.

• Thank You
@RainyDays Alright, she's accepted, feel free to post, though remember that at the time that she was in the Academy, the Soul Society was still in the Process of being Rebuilt. Also, if/when she achieves Bankai be sure to edit the sheet appropriately alright? ^^.

@RainyDays Alright, she's accepted, feel free to post, though remember that at the time that she was in the Academy, the Soul Society was still in the Process of being Rebuilt. Also, if/when she achieves Bankai be sure to edit the sheet appropriately alright? ^^.
Don't worry - I'll be sure to finish of the bankai part when it seems appropriate for her to gain it!

And by being rebuilt, you mean after the unknown force? I'll edit accordingly, then!

Yea, i mean after the Unknown force ^^.

@RainyDays I think we have a Shunsui/Nanao dynamic here.

• Love
I'm totally interested. but quick question. Am I correct in understanding that the onmitsukido is no longer a part of squad 2. That is the impression I get from it being listed on the Opening Post. Id love to make a character to fill that position if it is open

Yes, the Onmitsukido is now longer a part of Squad/Division 2.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nicias Askani
So since I feel like it, who wants a VC?

That's fine, so long as you don't hold up RP, though you have to actually make a character XD.

Also @Nevvy why not make a VC for the 4th Division, so that Ouka has someone to interact with a large amount of the time instead of having to to completely different divisions to do so?

Did everyone die whilst I went off to do things?

Maybe, i don't know if it's Me or Gavin that they are mostly waiting on >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.