Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, sorry about that, i just don't like doing stuff like kicking people out ya know :/.

Then all you need to do is keep people interested.

I'm assuming that the finals are coming to an end next week? Assuming you're not cramming summer lessons, etc.

I've actually finished my Finals and Summer Lessons. It's just my other RP's took more precedence then this one, and then cause i have crappy memory i forgot about this one.

Ahhhh. I see.

Yea, sometimes having bad memory can kill some things :/.

Even though that should never happen.

It's okay. As long as I can spend five nights at Freddy's.

What do you mean that should never happen? Bad memory isn't exactly something you can control ya know...

If you're running something, it should be in the forefront of your mind and choosing to run something should mean that you're going to put it above other non-real life things and run it, whatever that means. If you're not willing to post to keep things moving, you've got the wrong group. If you're not willing to make necessary administrative moves to keep things moving, you should appoint someone to do so or not be the GM. If a GM can't do all their necessary tasks to keep the RP alive, they should make sure it can be done whether that means appointing someone to do the dirty work or creating a rule to just point at so you can virtually wash your hands of it, not take up the spot and leave an awkward position where the position of power to clear up problems refuses to exercise it. Otherwise any little road bump kills everything. In terms of bad memory, I wouldn't make/join more stuff than I can handle on my plate but that aside, you've been poked and prodded on top of the Iwaku alert system.

Of course, this is in the past but I would highly suggest considering this for anything you run in the future.

Of course i will. Thanks for the advise. In reality this is only the second RP ive GMed for a long while.

If you don't like doing some certain bits of admin work, I suggest appointing a co-GM or the like the handle the dirty work or such. If you know you're going to be busy for more than a day or two, get someone else to head whatever is going on so the RP doesn't grind to a halt just because you're busy. 1-3 days isn't a big deal. If you're going to be awol for a week or weeks, shifting RP focus so you don't let people get bored in important.

I could post at any time, but I don't feel like it is going to get the gears moving for everyone.

It has been a week GM, what are your plans for this besides the obvious of letting it die?

Even if, its not worth it. They say you strike when the iron is hot. You don't gather a group of people (especially ones you don't know), say its delayed for a few days, then abandon it for a month or more and expect it to be functional. First you lose momentum, then the people that are wishy washy baggage but might be in important places. That makes it awkward and more people leave based on that and those who only ride momentum. And at that point, the cast is often in tatters so you might as well reboot if you were going to continue at all. Hence, the only thing to do here is to let it die.

Yeah. I'll salvage Akari for other RPs.

Yea, i was planning on letting it die, at least for now, and then remaking it when i think i can handle it.

At least, if you're letting it die, Can you transfer responsibility to someone else? I'm sure Nev can Run it.

Well, if Nev wants to, i can. Honestly, if anyone wants to, just tell me and i'll let you, i'll make the appropriate edits to the OP and such when needed...

I would just start from scratch when and if Oni feels like joining the party.

Than i'll do that. Also i'll restate, if anyone does want to take over, just tell me ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.