Blade Art Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiden had to chuckle at that. Even though this was just a game, he didn't want to die at all. It was amusing to run into someone a little more lax about that whole survival thing.

"I'm Raiden," he returned, shaking the bigger male's hand. "Pleasure to meet you." He smiled up at Crom, then asked, "Were you a beta tester, or is this your first time playing?"

Myst tilted her head before walking forward and gripping the mans hand in a gentle, firm hold before she shook it.
"I'm Myst, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Naegi." She paused and tilted her head. "What's a 'beta tester'?" She asked the other player. The term sounded familiar, but she couldn't place where she'd heard it from.

"I am someone who played the game before it was completed" He said as he looked at Myst and laughed a bit. "Also just call me Naegi the Mr part makes me feel old" He said as he looked at her. "I played this game in the beta phase and well..I stopped when I got to floor 25" He said

Crom laughs. "Me? A beta tester? I wish. Very few people got invited to test the game. But I do love this kind of thing so I've been reading about this game for months." He hooks his axe onto his belt and checks his inventory. "How about you. Much game experience?"

"I was one of the beta testers, actually," Raiden replied. "I was a bit of a gamer when I was younger, but fell out of it during college. I'm glad the beta was run during summer vacation. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do it."

He gave a quick look around, making sure no more boars were sneaking up on them. It looked like they were keeping their distance, now.

"I didn't get all that far into the beta, though. Just to floor nine. I was more interested in exploring and fooling around with the other features of the game than dungeon-clearing."

"I get ya. I cant wait to try the cooking skill myself. Thats why im collecting pork. " He looks at his inventory window "Ive got a good amount actually. Gonna be returning to town soon." Crom thinks for a moment. "Heres an idea. Ill cook you a meal and you tell me about the first 9 floors. what do ya say?"

Raiden smiled very cheerfully at that suggestion. "Can't guarantee I'll remember all of it," he said, "but I'm not one to pass up free food." He just hoped it would be edible. Did Crom even have any points in his cooking skill?

He remembered the food from this game wasn't all that good in the beginning. He'd never bothered with the cooking skill himself, but one of the other testers had. Even with the skill, he didn't remember the food tasting that good. Or maybe he was just picky. Yes, probably that.

Crom smiles. "Well then. Lead the way." Crom closes his menu "You have a bad poker face by the way. You dont need to worry so much. Ive got cooking skills. It will be great.... well... this is level one meat so it will be ok." Crom laughs.

"Okay is better than crappy," Raiden said with a chuckle. He turned and started to lead the way toward the Town of Beginnings, the tails of his long purple coat swaying in the wind as he walked. His hair was similarly blowing about, but he didn't mind that at all. If it did start to get on his nerves, he'd just get a hair tie.

Apollo logged in to the game, the town of starters was amazing. The architecture for the most part was the same, but the town looked better than beta. It felt better too. The town was alive, full of hope and possibilities. Apollo saw a lot of people heading to the markets and stores. He checked his inventory. The basic equipment was enough for him because he was saving his money for the next town which was bound to have better weapons. Apollo ran to the field to grind on the boars.

Stormi paused again. There was more people here now. A part of her missed the beta. Less people. It was nice to see the game active but it was more peaceful and quieter before.

Still she didn't have much reason to complain. She spotted some guy just wandered over (Apollo) and grinned.

"Having fun?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanning the field for enemies to battle was Apollo. He was excited to again fight with a sword, something that would never happen in the real world. He was sole focusing on himself or his avatar technically. "Having fun?" a voice called out.
Instinctively, Apollo turned his head in the direction of the voice. The voice belonged to a katana wielder who was standing alone. He quickly looked around to see who she was talking to but there was no one else. Apollo began to speak, "Yeah, I just logged in though. So you use katana, not that many have those, especially this early in the game."

Last edited by a moderator:
Making their way to the town of beginnings Crom removes his helmet, his blonde hair falls to his shoulder. and wipes the sweat from his brow. "So was the beta this lifelike? I mean, This is crazy. Im actually sweating." Crom looks down. "And there's dirt on my boots!" He says excitedly.

"The beta was pretty lifelike, yeah," Raiden replied with a chuckle. "I think they made it seem even more real for this release, if that was even possible... I'm blown away by how amazing this technology is."

He smiled up at Crom, seeming glad that his new friend was getting such enjoyment out of the game. It made him feel like it was his first time seeing all of this, too.

Stormi bit her lip, a habit from real life. She shrugged as if to say it wasn't a big deal. She wondered if he'd try and figure out why she had one.

"I really like using them. Thankfully I am much better coordinated here." Stormi extended the hand that did not hold her weapon. "I am Storm. Just thought I'd talk to someone. Sometimes it's good to make friends early in a game. Never know when you might need one."

Myst tilted her head.
"Why did you stop? Does this game get boring after awhile?" She frowned a little bit a that. She'd spent over her months budget just to get this game and all of the necessary gear for it. Would it be a bad investment on her part? Another boar came charging at the two of them. Myst started to toss her knives at it. "If we're going to talk, we might want to head back to the city." She pointed out.

"Yeah I'll tell you why I stopped once we are in the city" He brought his blade down on the boar and moved out of the way as one of the knives finished it off. "It didn't get boring and I didn't necessarily stopped I just got stuck" He went into town and waited for her to tell her the reason why he got stuck

Myst hurriedly recollected her knives and went ahead and grabbed the food item before she darted after him and into the city. she looked down at the drop and tilted her head. "Is there a way to split this?" She asked him, even as she tried to snap it in half.

"No there isn't but don't worry I don't need it" He looked at her. "Anyways the reason why I stopped at the 25th floor is because no one in the beta could find the boss to go onto the next part of the dungeon...speaking of what time is it" He said as hopened the menu. "I need to log off now I got to do my work" He went into the menu and scrolled down to the log out option but was surprised that it wasn't there. "Hey can you log out I can't seem to see the button" He asked her

Myst blinked but pulled her menu up as well before she began to scroll through it, eyes scanning it. She also found herself frowning.
"No, I don't see a button." She tilted her head, a habit of hers it would seem. "Perhaps there's a trick to it?" She asked. "Like how in some games you have to reach a certain area before you can save?"

Status
Not open for further replies.