Black Flags and Cannon Blasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that made me laugh XD

Sharing this for two relevant reasons. First, this is Saethos' theme song, Second, the only proper way to enjoy a drink of rum is with this playing.

Fuck now I've got the image of a Pirate Folk Rock Festival in my head :D

Check out more of Alestorms stuff, thank me later.

HANG ON THAT CHANGES TO PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN AROUND 2:30 That's cheating.

I can play that on my guitar. The song is actually titled "He's a pirate" and is more Jacks theme than it is the movie theme.

Yeah I played an arrangement of it in orchestra once. Either way though it's still POTC and it's still cheating.

No, playing guitar this well is cheating >_>

Late? Yes, but fashionably so!

image.jpg
(Insert one captain's hat with a scull cracked down the middle and a multicolored feather stuck in it.)

Name?
"Sid North."
Nickname?
"That's Capt'n Sid to you!"
Age?
"34."
Job?
"Take a wild guess."
Personality?
"I suppose the best word for me would be cheerful. I'm an optimist, several years at sea have taught me its benefits, but not excessively so. While I am rather carefree on the outside I'm very observant and knowledgable on the inside. Crew moral is very vital to me so I try to keep it as high as possible and I care deeply for my crew members. No need to brag but I'm a excellent sailer, pickpocket, swordsman, and drinker. Ok, so maybe I bragged a little. I'm ashamed to say it but I have a horrible fear of spiders and I can become nervous rather quickly if things look bad. However I would never abandon my crew, regardless of the situation."
Bio?
*At the last question he stands up and begins to walk out.*
That my friend, is none of your business. All you need to know is that I was brought aboard the Cackling Crow (Snapped Skull's ship) 10 years ago as a man adrift in the ocean. The captain had just died and with no one to lead them the crew took a vote. I had only spent a few days with them but for some reason they found me to be the best choice. Now I am captain of this ship and plenty of rumors surround my coming to it. That's all your getting, Ciao.
Now all we need is a Navigator and we'll be good to go!

Nickname?
"That's Capt'n Sid to you!"

tumblr_m1ayqnJrie1r99f4t.gif

Saethos is older than the captain. I foresee some funny dialogue.

Hey, sorry I'm late! I've been suuuuuuuuuuper busy this week! I hope you'll still let me in!

Thank you!!!! I'll get working on my character promptly!

old_pirate.jpg

(Throw an eye patch on there, just to top off the stereotypical pirate image)

Name: Rhamaton Johnson

Nickname: Old Man Johnson. Close friends, and sometimes his captains call him Rhama.

Job: Navigator

Personality: Salty as the seas he sails. He's never far from his flask of rum, and spends his days drunkenly stumbling about the decks. But this old man is not to be underestimated. He keeps at least 7 weapons on his person at all times (not counting his hook of a hand), and is more than capable of using all of them, even if he prefers not to. He'd rather watch a fight than join one. It'd involve getting too close to others anyway. He is definitely not a fan of other people, and prefers to keep his distance. Despite all his unlikable characteristics, old Rhamaton has his perks. After passing out drunk below deck, he can take just one swig of rum the next morning and know exactly the bearings of the ship, without glancing at a compass or a map. A captain once asked him how he did it. He took a swig of rum from his flask and replied, "Years of practice my boy, years of practice." It is suspected that his pet crow Marethyu was trained to always face north. But, this is hard to confirm.

Bio: Many years ago, his young wife was killed by the North because it was suspected that she used magic. He stood up for her until the very end, and was rewarded with a cannonball flying through the front of his house the day after her execution. Shrapnel flew into his eye, costing him his sight in his left eye. A beam fell over, crushing his leg. Somehow, while trying to get the beam off his leg, the massive piece of wood crushed his right hand as well. Seeing that there was little other option for escape, he severed his own leg and hand, quickly fashioning tourniquets for his missing limbs. He managed to make it to his neighbor's house, who helped the man recover, saying it was a miracle he had lived. When he could walk again, he swore he would one day avenge the death of his beloved wife, but he would have to get help. So, he set sail. Many years and one pet crow later, he still sails the sea, his cause almost forgotten, drowned in many years of alcohol. However, he still holds a special hatred for the North, and Northerners are the one group of people that he will not hesitate to raise his sword against.

Accepted! I believe we have all we need. I'll get to work on the IC. Should be up...soonish. I would like it if you all posted something to let me know your still there whilst working on it.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
*raises hand*

Here!

*gives the best pirate "Arrrr" I can muster*

Oh I like that song, I like that song a lot XDD

Status
Not open for further replies.