Black Flags and Cannon Blasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the captain hasn't said anything about closing off any doors yet. So fire away, mate.

Awesome! :D I'll try to get a profile up by tonight.

Don't be ridiculous. Every pirate loves rum! That's a given!

Name: Kaila

Race: (ex) Forest Elf

Job: Swordswoman/Treasure hunter

Appearance: Kaila is around 5'5 in height and 130 lbs. She is somewhat fair skinned, a dusting of freckles on her nose and bright blue eyes. Her ears are pretty much like a humans but pointed at the top. Her red hair is waist length and usually there is a whole array of braids in it. She doesn't do well with flowing garbs; she wears cutoff blue pants that reach her knees and a beige blouse on top. There's a black belt around waist, buckled up tight. At her waist she carries her rather dark katana like sword. She usually has a pack she keeps on her back, filled with dry fruits and jerky.

Personality: Friendly but annoying to the point that pisses people off. She doesn't have much sense for being cautious and she's not really scared of anything, nor does she have a sense of propriety. She does happen to have a thoughtful side which tends to show when she's... fishing. Her whole personality however is really a mask to hide how she really felt about things... but she has been hiding behind it so long that it's now first nature. When fighting, she becomes pretty crazy, laughing and insulting her enemies and not really caring when she gets hurt.

Bio: Kaila was born to a family of forest elves who were rather strict and had big plans for her to become a healer and serve the greater good. She however wanted adventure, craving to leave what she considered a green leafy prison. Her mind was always on travelling, adventures and treasure. She ran away from home at the age of sixteen, leaving behind the forest. She made for the nearest city and from there into a tavern, easily using her 'charms' to convince a sea dog to train her in the ways of piracy, which she took to like a fish does to water.

She wasn't exactly the loyal type, however, and soon enough abandoned her first crew to join a better group of pirates. Kaila was aiming to be in the best crew around, not one who liked to be among bottom feeders. She continued doing so until she finally came upon the Snapped Scull Pirates and decided to give them a try. For the time being, she has been with them for the last three years.

Other: She loves her rum and doesn't get drunk easily. She loves shiny things and can be rather aggressive if someone takes her sword.​

Don't be ridiculous. Every pirate loves rum! That's a given!
Actually, to be historically accurate, they drank Grog.

But to be dramatically accurate, the drank Rum. To be historically accurate, they didn't have elves, sea kappas, orcs or children so I think we can ignore history for this RP.

Or women, fun fact... (I'm a pirate fanatic)

Name: Saethos Lortalor

Race: Human

Job: Helmsman/Carpenter (Primarily carpenter but there isn't always work to be done)

Appearance: Saethos is a large man, for a human, standing at 6'3" and weighing in at 207 pounds of solid muscle.
photo.jpg

Personality: Saethos is a fun loving man, it might be the rarest sight to see him unhappy. Even when he's angry he will still smile right at you. Being a social drinker and slight alcoholic if Saethos beats someone in a fight no matter the context he'll likely help you up and buy the whole bar a round of drinks. Because of his frequent drinking habits he's not only become an alcoholic but his tolerance developed so only the strongest drinks will effect him. He is also a very open person, he will always share his feelings if the moment calls for it, but usually these feelings are "We need more drinks" or "It's a beautiful day to drink" even if he finds himself in a hurricane. Drinking is just his way of celebrating, the problem is he celebrates everything. The weather is nice? DRINK! The weather is bad? DRINK! We won a fight? DRINK! We found a destination? DRINK! And of course no drink tastes quite as good without a song to go with it. It's very common to hear Saethos singing and drinking at the helm.

Bio: Saethos was raised by a military family, he was taught that he was to fill his fathers position as captain, and he was more than willing to comply. From a young age he was taken aboard to learn how to work on a ship. Oddly enough because of this he spent more time at sea than on land, so from the age of 12 he had already gained his sea legs and lost his land legs, causing him to constantly swagger when walking on land. By 18 he had his first experience working at the helm, it was simple to him and it showed to the crew. Eventually his fathers ship had come across a pirate ship that managed to board his ship and take over. Some of the crew was taken and others were left behind, Saethos was one of the ones taken. He was still young at the age of 21. The pirate crew actually found him very pleasant and fun to have around. When they released the prisoners, to his fathers dismay Saethos decided to stay with the crew and has stayed since. His only regret is that he never got to find a bride.

Other: The best way I can describe Saethos's voice is deep and thunderous. Also this song because pirate metal.

Well, well, well... Someone who could be a worthy challenger when it comes to drinking then! Well, probably the most worthy on the ship, at least ;)

Also: I'm noticing a lack of a captain here. Just haven't gotten around to it yet, Crono?

Well, well, well... Someone who could be a worthy challenger when it comes to drinking then! Well, probably the most worthy on the ship, at least ;)

Oh, please. Franz drinks for the taste. Because it was bad enough already that he had some anger issues.

Actually, to be historically accurate, they drank Grog.

I read that as "drank Gorg" for a second there.

guy-opening-door.gif

Oh, please. Franz drinks for the taste. Because it was bad enough already that he had some anger issues.
Methinks Saethos and Franz will get along just fine

I read that as "drank Gorg" for a second there.

guy-opening-door.gif
I wasn't talking about a worthy opponent for you ;P

And ew D:

Gosh I love this (and the other) games xD

• Useful
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Frankly I see Kaila and Saethos getting along better. But fishing is a shared hobby with Franz, so...
True enough, but everyone needs good drinking buddies!

Drinking buddies all around, Grog, grog, grog!

Kaila's into fishing as well... except she gets all serious and stuff then xD

True enough, but everyone needs good drinking buddies!

Well, that's true... And at least now he doesn't always have to end up the only sober one.

Drinking buddies all around, Grog, grog, grog!

Kaila's into fishing as well... except she gets all serious and stuff then xD

That can be funny, since Franz mostly does it to relax. But if you prod him enough...

*poke" "Franz... what's the meaning of life?" XD

Why wouldn't Gorgash drink? He's an adult! And an Ogre! He's got a tolerance higher than pretty much any humans, owning simply to his sheer size :P

What will go through my mind whenever the captain may tell Gorgash he can't drink for some reason, now and forever;

ADULT.gif

...Speaking of the captain, you're right. Franz is curious how the much-loved captain is actually like in person.

He might just say something like that... And with the threat of tossing whoever stands in his way overboard! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.