Bite-Hooker 'Ell

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"The coven will be relocating to a vampire only school that is located in the mountains. I am unsure if my sister would fit in there so it would be best if you were to live in the town that is an hour by conventional means from the school. It will provide a sense of normalcy for Kirin that ahe will need in the coming months," the alpha said as he watched his sister groan and try to turn away bedore her eyes finally opened just a crack to show that her light eyes were being taken over more and more by the deep red.

"Hnn? Wh-what Alarie?" The young woman asked softly.

Alarie smiled fondly. "The coven is moving. Let's go sweetness." She urged the smaller to sit up and then gave a pointed look at Charles. "Just cause you're her brother doesn't mean you get to see her bits." Turning her back to him, Alarie focused on getting Kirin in her bra and then the turtleneck that she had pulled from the wardrobe earlier.

Charles raise an eyebrow and smirked just a tiny bit. "I'm not interested in seeing 'bits' as you put them, even if I was interested in those kind of bits, which I'm not," he said with a roll of his eyes.

Kirin blinked a few times, yawning, glad that Alarie was helping her do whatever Alarie was helping her to do. It didn't hit her untilthe turtleneck that she was more or less half-naked in front of the man that was her brother. She jumped and glared at Charles as she hid behind Alarie. "Y-You are moving from the college? Just like that? You aren't even going to stick around?" she asked.

"No. We aren't. It's too dangerous Kirin," Charles replied.

Kirin bit her bottom lip and then looked away. "I see. I should probably leave then. Don't want to--Don't want to interfere with your packing," she said, giving Alarie's hand a thankful squeeze before she got up and started to walk past her brother. So she was going to get left behind again? So much for them protecting her.

Alarie scrabbled after Kirin. "Hell to the no. We are not leaving you, and even if the coven was, I wouldn't. As it stands, we are going to be getting a house somewhere in the nearest town to the vampire college, whilst the coven attends the college." She gathered the small woman up and held firmly.
"You are too precious to me for us to be separated."

Kirin blinked as she was gathered up, slowly, sheepishly looking up at Alarie before past her as if getting confirmation from her brother. "Really?"

"Yes. I will fund it. You can be an artist or a student or whatever you want while there. I won't be letting you go this time. I'm going to make up for the way I treated you before," Charles said before he left the room with a quick. "Be ready by dusk."

He went to find the other people of the coven to tell them what they needed to do, it wasn't until about noon that he stumbled, for the first time in years weary, into his rooms. "Daniel, please if yer awake and willing, I need some help."

Daniel misted into the rooms connected to his. "Easy Charles, I've got you." He slipped the other's arm over his shoulder and then picked Charles up when his knees refused to support weight. Striding into the bedroom, Daniel gently placed Charles on his bed before moving over to the dresser in search of clothing more appropriate for bed.

Charles wasn't used to being carried but he couldn't say he didn't enjoy the brief moments of connection that he had Daniel had before he was rested on his bed. "Thank you," he said softly, eyes closing. "For not calling me Patriarch. I get so tired of the others calling me that sometimes I just want to yell at them to leave me alone." He let out a weak laugh at this. "As silly as that would be huh?"

Daniel turned around with a pair of loose pants in his hands. "Not really." He placed the pants on the bed. "Being addressed by a title, its like that's all there is to you," he mused. "But when someone says your name, it's like they see that you have your own wants, desires and needs. Not someone to come to for resolutions, but also someone who wishes for the companionship of a mate.
"Alarie was good at that, and now that she has Kirin..." He shook his head. "It's good for her to have someone to protect."

Ah-ha! The opening Charles had been looking for. He slowly, very weakly pushed himself up from the bed, head resting in his hand for a brief moment before he shook his head as if to clear it and slowly began to take off his shirt. "What will you do with yourself now Daniel? Ye have yet to seek, at least openly, for a mate. What is holding you back from looking for the one that our kind always is looking for? Alarie will be with Kirin, neither of them will need us soon. What are you planning to do now that your prodigy has gone to her destiny?"

Daniel swallowed hard as Charles started to take his shirt off. "I-I suppose that I will find another vampire to train. Or maybe start looking for a mate of my own." Settling in his chair a bit, Daniel made a valiant attempt at not looking at the other vampire. Really, it was not his fault that Charles was determined to go so slow. "Perhaps take a leave of absence from the coven once we are settled again an travel. I have not been as widely traveled as I would have liked. My library is in need of new words."

Charles froze with his shirt over his face, a look of shock and then sadness flashing momentarily over his features before he schooled his face to silence and finished taking off his shirt. Using the bed to support him he turned his back to the man, revealing a long intricate tattoo that wound it's way down his back to slither around his stomach and then end looping back around the length on the back. A little quicker, but only because he could feel his legs threatening to give out beneath him, he stripped his pants off and then pulled on the ones that Daniel had provided him. "I--The Coven would greatly miss you if you were to travel. Remember the rabble you came back to the last time you traveled? You keep me kind Daniel. Without you about I am not as nice as some think I should be," he said before he slid back down onto the bed to watch Daniel.

His ears pricked at the hesitation in the elder's statement. Charles would be the one missing him?
"Kind, Charles?" Daniel cocked his head. "You are never kind. Mayhap softer and more tempered, but you most definitely rule this coven with an iron grasp." He leaned forward excitedly. "And what others may think. They may leave if they do not agree with what their Patriarch says." His eyes softened in the aftermath of his oration. "And I think that it is not only the Coven that would miss me if I were to leave, hmm?" He had prowled forwards, until he hung over Charles' prone form on the bed, arms braced on either side of the vampire's head.

Charles had watched Daniel near, eyes never leaving him. "You have not seen me when you are not here. I am far more ruthless than when you are here," he said, holding to his belief. He blinked though when he found Daniel above him. Very slowly the vampire reached up, afraid of scaring the man away. "You were always a smart lad. What do you think?" he asked, fingers ever so softly running over Daniel's cheek. His gaze never left Daniel's face as he remained resting down. He wanted the other to come to him. He wanted to know that his position as Patriarch wasn't forcing Daniel to do as he asked, for he had seen some patriarchs do that to their Beta's or even the others of their coven.

Daniel froze. This was something that he had been longing for ever since Charles had taken him from his village all those years ago and changed him. Gently, he leaned into the soft touches, willing them to be harder. "I think, that you were always there, supporting me as I grew into my vampirism, and then also when I fought for the right to be your Beta. It's always been you, but you would never take a second look at the village childe you took. There were plenty of others for you to choose from, with larger fangs and more powers and dedication to a coven.
"I simply wanted to be near you."

Charles shivered at the revelation before he pushed himself up and captured the man's lips without waiting. "You wouldn't be a vampire if I hadn't given a village child like you a second look," he whispered before pulling away after the few moments of keeping the other's lips with his own. "I wasn't sure though. You fought to be my Beta but you never showed the smallest interest in me that I saw. I was worried that I was reading it--you wrong."

Daniel chuckled. "Silly Charles. I've always stuck with you, even when your dame and sire were throwing eligible vampires in your way." He dipped his head to engage the other's mouth, nibbling gently on the lower lip. "And you are so unobservant if you weren't able to scent that I was willing and ready. At any time."

Daniel made Charles laugh at this before he reached up and ran a finger over Daniel's lower lip before he leapt forward and took the chance to return the nibbling. "Well my sire and dame had no idea what I liked, or they would have put you in my way," he said before he sighed and slowly ran a tongue up the edge of his chin to his ear. "I never scent you for a reason. I wanted you to tell me, to ask me. I don't like assuming things off scents."

Groaning, Daniel tilted his head to the side, allowing Charles to have his way. "Well, sometimes, good sir, scenting is better. Try it now?" He arched his throat upwards, showing his desire to be scented and then thoroughly marked in return. "What does my scent tell you?"

Charles opened his sense to the man, tasting the other vampire softly before he found his whole body stiffening, eyes widening. He gave a small purring growl. "Good lords Daniel," He breathed before he had to pull his head back quickly as his fangs grew just a little longer at the desire. He had to make sure that he didn't attack Daniel right there. "D-Daniel step back, please, just until I get control again."

Daniel scrambled off the bed, standing at the far end. His knees trembled with the endorphins running through his body and the pheromones that Charles was putting off. The sudden spike in blood-lust made his heart thrill in his chest. "Ch-Charles?" He stepped forward carefully, praying that he could approach the bed again.